34 User photos
Jessie · event on: 01/30/2016
We had our 2015 End of the Year company party at the Boondocks, and it was absolutely incredible. The staff were so accommodating, and the room was beautiful. The Boondocks made planning our party smooth and stress free. We would highly recommend this venue for Corporate Events!Sent on 02/01/2016
Cross and Main's reply:Thank you so much Jessie! We were so glad to host your company's end of the year party and hope to have you all back at The Boondocks soon!
User4980967 · 2+ years ago
I'm so glad we decided to have our wedding at The Boondocks! The venue is beautiful and Teri was a pleasure to work with. She made sure all of our questions were answered and allowed us to schedule several trips to the venue before our wedding, Our guests couldn't stop talking about how gorgeous the building's rustic charm was. The exposed piping, brick walls, and beautiful chandeliers truly brought our theme to life!Sent on 10/19/2015
Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015
Everyone at The Boondocks was so helpful and accomodating. Whenever I had a question (which was A LOT) Erin was quick to answer. The place is beautiful with so much character! You will not be let down.Sent on 07/28/2015
Cross and Main's reply:Thank you! You're so sweet. We loved working with you!
Kirke · event on: 03/03/2015
The staff at The Boondocks was a pleasure to work with! Very professional, flexible, willing to work within our needs & boundaries.Sent on 07/21/2015
User5279878 · 2+ years ago
Thank you for everything! I would recommend getting an actual scanner to send and sign documents/contracts back and forth.Sent on 07/21/2015
Charles · Married on 10/11/2015
The staff at the Boondock's went out of their way to help us setup, and with our rental deliveries. I would this venue for another wedding event tomorrow.Sent on 11/16/2015
Tayler · Married on 04/15/2018
We had a very mixed experience with Cross + Main. Below I have outlined a list of pros and cons based on our experience.Sent on 05/10/2018
1. The Venue is absolutely stunning - the way the light comes through the windows and hits off the brick makes everything glow. It really is a lovely space to get married in - everyones pictures are beautiful for this reason.
2. They have nice tables and chairs so you won't need to rent them.
3. You have several options for your ceremony or reception - you have a lot of control on how you want your wedding to look and feel.
4. The week before our wedding a drunk driver drove through the wall of the Winslow room - we had to change a lot of our wedding day at the last minute, the venue handled it very professionally and guests had no idea.
1. The Cross + Main is owned by RockyTop Catering. Rocky Top is definitely on the high end of catering and for the quality of serves we got, not at all worth the money, which is really unfortunate.
2. They were dishonest and misled me on some of the associated costs. On paper RockyTop is the only caters Cross + Main will let you work with, but on our initial walk through the venue coordinator made it sound like there was some wiggle room there. When it came time to pick a caterer, we were leaning away from Rocky Top because of the cost and our experience: They were snotty, inflexible and the food from our tasting just wasn't worth the money. When Cross + Main found out we were leaning away from RockyTop we got jerked about quite a bit and we got a bunch of mixed information about what we were and were not allowed to do.
3. Scheduling was difficult. My now husband and I are both young professionals who work full time. It was very difficult to get anything on a calendar with the venue coordinator which was a major pain.
4. It is a hike from most of Raleigh - just be aware.