Cress Floral Decorators Reviews

252 | Little Neck, NY

252 Reviews for Cress Floral Decorators

• Katie

Katie Blum · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Cress Floral is the best!

I would recommend Cress Floral to anyone in NY! They were the best to work with (especially with postponements) and the flowers were GORGEOUS.

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Fabian · Getting married on 10/08/2021

The best decision we ever made

Choosing Cress Floral for our wedding was the best decision we ever made. Lori and team had done the flowers for my husband's brother's wedding and we just fell in love. Tom and Lori are the sweetest people. It's so refreshing to meet people that just love what they do. They were extremely professional and patient. The flowers came out beautifully. My husband and I were beyond pleased with Cress Floral. Trust me, you're in great hands if you choose them for your special day.

Sent on 09/10/2020

Merlin Kurian · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Perfection at its finest!

Our wedding day was one of the most challenging things to plan, but when I say Cress Floral Decorators made my life easier, I cannot even express completely how much. Lori, one of the owners, was a doll to work with. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met, and she was always in constant communication with us about every little detail, which to us as the bride and groom, is always really important and very hard to find. I have never heard so many compliments about a florist before like this. She personally came and delivered all of our flowers early in the morning, and set up the whole venue with her team. She made that room look perfect. The ambience was outstanding and beautiful. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Guests were beyond impressed at the whole arrangement. Thank you so much for making our day so memorable.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Victoria Ryan · Married on 10/31/2020

Wonderful!

Everything was absolutely stunning. Lori and team brought my vision to life.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Tara Dillon · Married on 09/12/2020

This is your florist. Look no further!

If you’re not getting your flowers from Cress Floral Decorators, you’re doing it wrong. Lori & Tommy are 2 of the most sweetest, talented, professional, and passionate people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I (along with many other brides of 2020) was a COVID reschedule bride. Scurrying to replan everything after our destination wedding fell through, every florist down by me in the DE/PA area I reached out to couldn’t help me. I am a born and raised Queens NY girl- so I went back to my hometown & decided to reach out to Cress. Without any hesitation, Lori & Tommy said absolutely (along with giving well wishes and congratulations). I prepared my own pick up arrangements being 2 states away & they were so beautifully packed & informative on how to keep them fresh and bright for the day of. Sharing my vision with Lori who truly listened to what I wanted and hearing her articulate how my bouquet would look, I knew it would be beautiful. I knew this was one thing I didn’t have to stress about going right. I was wrong because beautiful doesnt cover it- it was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING OMG !!!!! She went above and beyond and created the most gorgeous boho/whimsical piece I’ve ever seen (and all their stuff is amazing). The bridesmaids pieces, flower girl, & all boutonnières were so perfect and complimented my piece perfectly. The amount of compliments I got on it was insane and I was proud to say who & where it was from. To all the NY brides and tri-state area- DONT look any further. Your florist is right here, trust me. You want kind, creative, professional, and extremely talented florists to complete your day and your pictures? It’s Cress Floral Decorators. Thank you both SO much from the bottom of my heart.

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Lepre · Married on 04/09/2020

Wonderful florist and person!!!

I can't even begin to say how wonderful Lori is!! She worked with me through many different ideas and venues due to COVID and each time we spoke she took the time and never rushed me. My flowers and centerpieces were exquisite! Lori even came to the church to hand deliver my bouquet to me and waited in the church for my bridal party to deliver their flowers! I can't imagine working with a better person, she helped make our day so perfect!!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Mary

Mary McCabe · Married on 01/04/2020

Thank you, Lori and Team!!!

Our wedding would not be what it was without Lori and her team at Cress Floral Decorators.

From the very first call, Lori was professional, insightful, patient, and incredibly kind. I had a vision of what I wanted and she was able to hear it over the phone and bring it to life. I only had to meet with Lori one time in person, which was really helpful since I was planning the wedding from another state. At our in-person meeting she created the exact arrangement and bouquet we had discussed on the phone. I felt so at ease leaving the meeting that day knowing that I did not have to worry about our floral decorations, because I knew they would be perfect.

On the day of the wedding, Lori hand delivered my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets to our apartment. She then HAND delivered my groom's boutonniere all the way uptown. She came to our venue for the ceremony to check on the decorations and make sure everything was running smoothly. I'm not sure how she was able to be everywhere at once, but I was so thankful that she was! Since the wedding, we have heard nothing but especially positive feedback from our guests about the decor.

I really cannot say anything other than THANK YOU to Lori and her team for making my day exponentially more beautiful. You are the best of the best!!!!!

xoxo The Smiths

Sent on 02/13/2020

Brenna Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent experience. Beautiful flowers and great service.

Lori and her team were a pleasure to work with! They understood the vision for our flowers very quickly and allowed me to leave the tough decision-making to their team. Flowers are not my area of expertise but I had opinions about style, color, etc and Lori was able to deliver on all. We used Cress for the flowers at the church, cocktail hour, reception, and bridal bouquet and wedding flowers. All looked lovely - highly recommend!

Sent on 03/05/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie Greenhouse · Married on 10/08/2019

Amazing in every way!

Lori and Tommy made my wedding dreams come true! I did not have simple and standard florals so therefore needed a team who could get creative, think out of the box and meet my vision. They exceeded my expectations in every way! I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Manny

Manny · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing!!!

Tom and Lori were a pleasure to work with. They were patient and worked with me through the entire process. They executed my vision very well and my ballroom and all of the bouquets were absolutely stunning.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Clare

Clare Buse · Married on 08/17/2019

Lori is fantastic! Flowers were beautiful.

I had the pleasure of working with Lori for my August wedding at the Central Park Boathouse. From the initial conversation with Lori, my mom and I could tell she has a true passion for making sure every wedding is done to perfection with florals and had a very warm personality. Throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding, Lori was fantastic in answering our questions, making little tweaks to the florals we wanted to incorporate, etc. When the day of rolled around, the flowers were fantastic and looked amazing throughout the space and I LOVED my bridal bouquet. Lori even took time to put real flowers on our cake because we envisioned the cake having flowers. Thank you Lori and team! I highly recommend you hire Cress Floral for your wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Mike

Mike Martelli · Married on 06/29/2019

The Best Florist In New York!!

Words cannot describe what a pleasure it was to plan our wedding with Tom and his staff at Cress. Every visit to their lovely store, we were greeted with smiles, refreshments and good spirits. While my wife did most of the floral planning with Tom, I could tell that he made things super easy for her. Two days before the wedding, we had to add another table to the reception and Cress was able to have an additional centerpiece ready with no trouble at all. The flowers were beautiful and they arrived on time just as Tom predicted.
    @Tom, thank you again for all of the accommodations you made for us. Our day just wouldn't have been the same without you! We will definitely recommend our friends to you.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Susie Choi · Married on 06/22/2019

AMAZING experience!

As every bride knows, flowers/the decor are extremely important for your wedding day. I was struggling to find a florist when I stumbled across Lori and her team, and they were amazing. I spoke with Lori numerous times in the leadup to my wedding, and she patiently listened to all my ideas and offered suggestions to help me create the most beautiful day. Lori even created samples of numerous pieces of my decor (not just the centerpieces and bouquet) to ensure that I could execute my wedding vision and to make me feel comfortable and confident on my wedding day. Would highly recommend Lori and her team!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Victoria · Married on 06/22/2019

An Extraordinary Team!

Lori and Tom Cress are the incredible duo behind Cress Floral that poured so much love, attention to detail, and patience into our wedding arrangements. We were truly blown away once we saw all of our wedding centerpieces, entry arrangements, etc. We received countless compliments on the flowers on our wedding day. Multiple guests told us that our flowers were ‘the most beautiful centerpieces’ they had ever seen. We met with them both several times before our big day and they were incredibly patient, kind, and resourceful. Lori even hand delivered the centerpieces for our rehearsal dinner, AND her and Tom were both there on our wedding day as well. We were blessed to have some amazing vendors at our wedding (band, photographer, etc.), but we received the most compliments on the flower arrangements. Credit to Lori and Tom on going the extra mile beyond our lofty expectations. They executed on more than we could have even asked for. We cannot recommend Cress Floral enough - a truly extraordinary team.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Rachael M · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly Recommend!

Every part of our experience working with Cress Floral was so enjoyable and fun! Planning a wedding can obviously be a very stressful time but Lori and Tom made the process seamless and from our first meeting I knew they had a feeling for what we wanted on our day. We met months and weeks before the date to look at options for my bouquet and our table arrangements - but I couldn't imagine how beautiful everything turned out the day of! They nailed it and some of my favorite wedding photos are the ones that feature my bouquet :) Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kelsey M · Married on 02/11/2019

The BEST Wedding Flowers!!

Lori from Cress Floral made our experience a dream. she was so lovely to work with and steered us in the right direction when choosing flowers. We had our wedding at the Loeb Boathouse and she knew exactly what the space needed. We had the most exquisite arch to get married under and our table arrangements were stunning. I could not have asked for more beautiful flowers.

Lori and her husband were beyond wonderful and I could not recommend Cress Floral enough!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Samantha Thomas · Married on 12/07/2018

Full of Heart

The first time I called Lori, was from a grocery store wandering up and down the aisle in tears because I couldn’t find a florist that wasn’t trying to price gauge me because of where my wedding was being held. She didn’t know me, it was 7pm, and she talked to me until I was calm and told me flat out what pricing for specific flowers were. I felt so confident working with her, I would text her photos and she knew every flower just by looking at them for 2 seconds. She worked with me to build an environment for romance, she didn’t tell me what I had to spend “for a wedding at the garden city hotel” like other vendors. Instead she worked with me to create the atmosphere “I” wanted. She made me a sample centerpiece before I committed to ensure it was exactly what I wanted. I felt so confident signing with her, which is more than I could say for any other vendor. My mom even used her for my bridal shower Bc no florist could recreate the intricate French centerpieces that they wanted- but LORI did! The day of my wedding I was terrified. Not to marry my husband- that was the only part I wasn’t nervous for. But let’s be real these Long Island weddings are intense! So much money for one Day, and it’s all worth it if it all goes RIGHT. But what if it goes wrong? Is it wasted? That’s all I could think about and I hated that. I still remember getting my hair done, so nervous, and all of a sudden LORI walked in with this giant smile, this gorgeous bouquet filled with spray roses and ranunculus and anemone. I was so blown away and realized how everything had come together, I was holding in my hands the first real evidence of my wedding, and proof that something had gone right if not better than I imagined! I had entrusted role of florist to a real artist and a responsible woman, and I am so relieved and happy that I did. All my worries went out the window and I started to enjoy my day. I got my giant dress on, and in my hand was the most amazing bouquet. Holding it felt like an Olympic trophy and completed the picture. My wedding would not have been the same without her flowers. My favorite photo would not be the same without that perfect bouquet. When I went down for pictures lori had done exactly as I asked. A few centerpieces were ready and set for pictures by the couch. They were all set on time! When I saw my husbands boutonnière I was so thrilled. It was the cutest double ranunculus in the most beautiful burgundy which I told her how much I wanted. When it was time to walk down the aisle, I saw Lori, crying and taking photos behind the scenes. Everyone thought she was my aunt! I can’t tell you how much it meant to work with someone with so much heart. This is a business, but it is also important to remember this is a business that deals with love and she is the only vendor I worked with out of the (20+) that remembered that. Working with her made me feel like a BRIDE. The moment I saw my arch to get married under and then the centerpieces on my tables- was just the most amazing and reassuring moment for a high anxiety working woman like me. Speaking bride to bride, I’m telling you this is the florist YOU WANT. I had the most gorgeous flowers. They were fresh, fabulous and romantic. Lori and her team were so fluid and on time. The flowers were the only thing I didn’t have to worry about. I will keep using Lori as she and her busniess are a treasure.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Stephanie Manning · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Florist for Loeb Boathouse

Lori and Tom were so great to work with for my November wedding at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park. The Boathouse requires you work with one of their four florist vendors; I met with three and Cress was the most competitive on pricing. Plus, it feels like Lori is an extension if your family throughout the process and she cares so much about working with each couple to bring their floral dreams to life. We settled on florals early and I changed my mind after the first meeting. Lori was beyond accommodating and helped create samples of everything so I knew exactly what the florals were going to look like on my wedding day. I must say, the flowers were even better in person. I can't recommend Lori and Cress enough!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Raul

Raul · Married on 09/30/2018

Raul & Ruben, Giando on the Water

Working with Cress Florist was by far one the most memorable experiences we had during the wedding planning process, and here's why--they managed to create an experience that assured us we were working with quality people and professionals completely deserving of all their accolades while simultaneously making us feel as if we were talking to lifelong friends hanging out in our living room having a laid-back chat over coffee. There was a casual-exceptionalism about them that instilled confidence in us and we just knew the flowers were going to be exactly what we hoped for. Except we were wrong. They were much better than we hoped for. In fact, one guest was sure we paid a fortune for our flowers, citing an amount that was more than double what we actually paid. Needless to say, we were beyond grateful for Cress and their team. They truly delivered and contributed to us celebrating the best day ever--with the best flowers ever.

If you want to know a bit more about the specifics of the process, here it is:

1. We found and met with other florists. We really liked some of them but wanted to do our due diligence.
    2. We went on The Knot and searched "Best Florist in New York" and found Cress Floral Decorators.
    3. We called and talked with Lori and scheduled a consultation with her and her team.
    4. We arrived at Cress and were greeted by Lori and her husband where she set-up coffee, pastries, and tea in front of a flatscreen with different floral arrangements displayed for us to enjoy.
    5. We land on our colors, inspiration, and examples.
    6. A few weeks pass, as we're emailing back and forth with pictures of flowers over Pinterest.
    7. A few more weeks pass, we head to Cress for a sample viewing and leave a deposit.
    8. Two weeks before the wedding, we emailed/called with final changes and Lori responded that day confirming the changes.
    9. The wedding day arrives and we show up to truly spectacular floral arrangements.

We highly recommend Cress Floral Decorators! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Susan · Married on 09/29/2018

We were recommended to several florists but after having met with Lori it was obvious that she would be our choice. Her attention to detail, willingness to work within our budget, creativity and enthusiasm made myself and my daughter feel as we were the absolute most important event on their calendar ! Which of course is not true but its great to feel that way. The most fun was the trial appointment where they painstakingly went thru each item and made sure we were 100% pleased.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/10/2018

Cress Floral was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Lori was the most enjoyable vendor to work with and immediately when I met her I knew I was in good hands. She truly cares about each of her brides, listens and gives great advice, pays attention to detail and is so sweet and kind. I was very particular about my bouquet and Lori took a lot of time mocking up different options and was very patient in the process which I appreciated. On the day of our wedding I couldn't believe how beautiful everything turned out. Lori and her team exceeded my expectations and every floral arrangement and bouquet was beyond stunning! I'm still obsessing over our head table garland and decor - Cress truly went above and beyond. So many guests commented on our arrangements. I couldn't have asked for a better florist and would recommend Cress to all brides and couples - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/30/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/23/2018

Wonderful people, receptive to requests, work within budget, professional, remains focused and follows timeline.
    Who could ask for more??
    Love working with them, and totally recommend them!!!
    Thanks Tom and Lori!!!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Abby · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent florist - fabulous flowers...easy to work with.....

Sent on 10/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend lori and tom for stunning, affordable floral arrangements - weddings and events

First, I just wanted to THANK Lori and Tom so much for the absolutely stunning flowers they provided for our wedding on June 23, 2018. We absolutely loved every detail, it truly helped make our day!!

They have such an amazingly talented team, and we are forever grateful we had them as our wedding florists!

I will 100% refer Tom and Lori Cress to any of my local NYC friends who need a wedding florist in the future.
    Trustworthy, Affordable, Professional and Creative.

They listened to what I was looking for, and exceeded my expectations! From the first meeting with them, you'll discuss your vision and budget, and they make your vision come to life (LITERALLY) my second visit with them, Tom pulled together a mock bouquet, and on third visit they had my large centerpiece pulled together for me to see.

Our guests just raved about my bouquet and the centerpieces - they were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Karyn · Married on 05/04/2018

Lori and Tom of Cress Florist are fabulous!!! Their kindness, responsiveness, professionalism and creativity blew my mind. Every aspect of working with them was a 10! There's no other florist going who can give such an all around wonderful experience. My table arrangements were meticulous. They supplied all the additional decorations I needed and everything came out with perfection. Anything I wanted, Lori and Tom made happen and with such ease. Beyond a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough... look no further and use Cress. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/09/2018