Cress Floral Decorators Reviews

230 Cress Floral Decorators Reviews
  • Raul

Raul · Married on 09/30/2018

Raul & Ruben, Giando on the Water

Working with Cress Florist was by far one the most memorable experiences we had during the wedding planning process, and here's why--they managed to create an experience that assured us we were working with quality people and professionals completely deserving of all their accolades while simultaneously making us feel as if we were talking to lifelong friends hanging out in our living room having a laid-back chat over coffee. There was a casual-exceptionalism about them that instilled confidence in us and we just knew the flowers were going to be exactly what we hoped for. Except we were wrong. They were much better than we hoped for. In fact, one guest was sure we paid a fortune for our flowers, citing an amount that was more than double what we actually paid. Needless to say, we were beyond grateful for Cress and their team. They truly delivered and contributed to us celebrating the best day ever--with the best flowers ever.

If you want to know a bit more about the specifics of the process, here it is:

1. We found and met with other florists. We really liked some of them but wanted to do our due diligence.
    2. We went on The Knot and searched "Best Florist in New York" and found Cress Floral Decorators.
    3. We called and talked with Lori and scheduled a consultation with her and her team.
    4. We arrived at Cress and were greeted by Lori and her husband where she set-up coffee, pastries, and tea in front of a flatscreen with different floral arrangements displayed for us to enjoy.
    5. We land on our colors, inspiration, and examples.
    6. A few weeks pass, as we're emailing back and forth with pictures of flowers over Pinterest.
    7. A few more weeks pass, we head to Cress for a sample viewing and leave a deposit.
    8. Two weeks before the wedding, we emailed/called with final changes and Lori responded that day confirming the changes.
    9. The wedding day arrives and we show up to truly spectacular floral arrangements.

We highly recommend Cress Floral Decorators! You will not be disappointed!

Cress Floral Decorators 1
    Cress Floral Decorators 2
    Cress Floral Decorators 3
    Cress Floral Decorators 4
    Cress Floral Decorators 5

Susan · Married on 09/29/2018

We were recommended to several florists but after having met with Lori it was obvious that she would be our choice. Her attention to detail, willingness to work within our budget, creativity and enthusiasm made myself and my daughter feel as we were the absolute most important event on their calendar ! Which of course is not true but its great to feel that way. The most fun was the trial appointment where they painstakingly went thru each item and made sure we were 100% pleased.

Cress Floral Decorators 6

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/10/2018

Cress Floral was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Lori was the most enjoyable vendor to work with and immediately when I met her I knew I was in good hands. She truly cares about each of her brides, listens and gives great advice, pays attention to detail and is so sweet and kind. I was very particular about my bouquet and Lori took a lot of time mocking up different options and was very patient in the process which I appreciated. On the day of our wedding I couldn't believe how beautiful everything turned out. Lori and her team exceeded my expectations and every floral arrangement and bouquet was beyond stunning! I'm still obsessing over our head table garland and decor - Cress truly went above and beyond. So many guests commented on our arrangements. I couldn't have asked for a better florist and would recommend Cress to all brides and couples - you will not be disappointed!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/23/2018

Wonderful people, receptive to requests, work within budget, professional, remains focused and follows timeline.
    Who could ask for more??
    Love working with them, and totally recommend them!!!
    Thanks Tom and Lori!!!

Abby · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent florist - fabulous flowers...easy to work with.....

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend lori and tom for stunning, affordable floral arrangements - weddings and events

First, I just wanted to THANK Lori and Tom so much for the absolutely stunning flowers they provided for our wedding on June 23, 2018. We absolutely loved every detail, it truly helped make our day!!

They have such an amazingly talented team, and we are forever grateful we had them as our wedding florists!

I will 100% refer Tom and Lori Cress to any of my local NYC friends who need a wedding florist in the future.
    Trustworthy, Affordable, Professional and Creative.

They listened to what I was looking for, and exceeded my expectations! From the first meeting with them, you'll discuss your vision and budget, and they make your vision come to life (LITERALLY) my second visit with them, Tom pulled together a mock bouquet, and on third visit they had my large centerpiece pulled together for me to see.

Our guests just raved about my bouquet and the centerpieces - they were absolutely gorgeous!

Cress Floral Decorators 7
    Cress Floral Decorators 8

Karyn · Married on 05/04/2018

Lori and Tom of Cress Florist are fabulous!!! Their kindness, responsiveness, professionalism and creativity blew my mind. Every aspect of working with them was a 10! There's no other florist going who can give such an all around wonderful experience. My table arrangements were meticulous. They supplied all the additional decorations I needed and everything came out with perfection. Anything I wanted, Lori and Tom made happen and with such ease. Beyond a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough... look no further and use Cress. You will not be disappointed.

mike · Married on 01/14/2018

I was recently married at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park, NY. The Boathouse provided us with a list of florists we could contact and we interviewed a few before selecting Lori & Tom at Cress Floral Decorators. Hands down it was one of the best decisions we made because they were amazing. Lori and Tom are both pleasures to work with and they truly captured our vision for the look and feel of our wedding, all within the stated budget. From the gorgeous bridal and bridesmaid bouquets to the floral crowns they made for my parents as a last minute request, their personal attention to every detail both large and small really made such a difference. I cried when I first saw the beautiful chuppa they had created for us because it was so special and exceeded all expectations. The floral and candle arrangements were all exquisite and gave the room a warm feel and glow- exactly what we wanted for our winter wedding. On the day of our wedding, Lori was there throughout to make sure every last detail was perfect. It was. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so special.

Patricia · Married on 11/19/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Lori & Tom for our wedding and they have been fantastic partners from the very beginning! Lori has become our absolute favorite vendor and she was meticulous in detail and responsive throughout our planning process. With her creativity, and thoughtful suggestions, she helped to create beautiful pieces while respecting our budget. We loved every piece crafted by Cress and would love to work with them again! Thank you again to the entire Cress team for your hard work and effort on our big day!

mandy · Married on 09/09/2017

Where do I even begin? Lori and Tom were absolutely amazing to work with and provided the most gorgeous arrangements. It was important to us to have lovely flowers that complemented our venue, but I don't know much about different types of flowers/greenery and Lori provided really wonderful guidance throughout the process. They are so talented and so kind; you can tell they really love what they do! Lori personally delivered the personal florals to me on my wedding day and it was so nice -- just like seeing a friend. I should also mention that there was a pretty tight setup window at my venue and Cress executed perfectly. I wasn't there to oversee so I don't know how they managed to do it, but everything looked just perfect when I arrived. I am so glad we were able to work with Cress and can't recommend them enough!

Eloise · Married on 09/03/2017

Cress did the flowers or our wedding at the Central Park Boathouse and it was by far the most beautiful part of the day, not to mention the most enjoyable!!! Everyone at Cress makes you feel so welcomed when you come in, especially Lori- they do not pressure you into anything, they show you all your options, they listen to everything you want (even when you change your mind three different times)- they are absolutely amazing. We wanted a flower wall to be the backdrop for our photo booth, and they made the most EXQUISITE flower wall we had ever seen- the guests are still commenting on it- so many people didn't even believe it was real it was so perfect! The centerpieces were exactly what I had requested, and my cascading bouquet was flawless- Lori even brought extra ruscus to the hotel room the morning of the wedding incase I wanted it to be longer, and I did! They let us know what would/wouldn't or might not be possible, but would do everything they could to make it happen (as opposed to other florists who just flat out said NO to anenomes). They were forthcoming about all costs, and when on the day-of the tapered candles they had bought didn't fit in the holders, Lori rushed over to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy new ones to make it work. I didn't even know this until a month later- she wanted everything to just go smoothly and wonderfully. We can't say enough about this phenomenal team, and if I ever get to throw another party again (or can handle it)- they will be my go-to!!!

Kate · Married on 08/18/2017

Lori and her team are amazing and so friendly! I had a horrible experience with a vendor (Kimpton Ink48) which made it clear they didn't care at all about customer service or our wedding. Lori and her team are not only great but they really care about your wedding - makes such a difference! Thanks!

Alina · Married on 08/12/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Lori and er team. I went on an exhaustive search for florists, and as soon as I met Lori in person and saw her sample centerpiece I knew I could stop the search. Not only was she an absolute pleasure to work with, she nailed my vision and on the day of delivered more than I could have imagined, all within an extremely reasonable budget. Every detail of the arch, bouquet, centerpieces, cocktail arrangements and escort table was absolutely perfect - thank you, Lori, for bringing my vision to life and making our wedding flowers more than we could have even envisioned!

Lu · Married on 07/02/2017

Cress floral is such a great choice. From the first session that we sit down with Tom and Lori, we know their professionalism and flexibility. They have great taste for flower design and can always make the piece look pretty and live for the event. I visited them few times and made lots of change as the days going close to my wedding day. They always get back to me/my ideas quickly and give me suggestions/price quote with good responsiveness. On the wedding day, they delivered my bouquet/other decor accurately to the locations, as I wanted some pieces to be delivered into different location. Everything is on time, fresh, pretty, elegant and smooth. All my guests love their flowers and they end up taking the center piece home after the wedding.

Theodora · Married on 07/02/2017

CRESS FLORISTS ARE BY FAR THE BEST FLORISTS TO WORK WITH! Tom and Lori are very helpful and will answer any questions you have. They will literally go out of their way to make sure your special day will be a dream come true. They provide you with ideas and give you several choices to choose from relating to the design of your flowers. My flowers were amazing, the bouquets lasted so long and my centerpieces were amazing and made the hall look like a fairy tale wedding. I highly recommend Cress Florists for your wedding!

• Gillian

Gillian · Married on 05/07/2017

Took my breath away-- that's what happened when I walked into the Boathouse on my wedding day. It was pure magic. And I knew it would be the first time I met with Tom, and he right then and there began creating samples of my bouquet. I nearly cried when he came out with the arrangement I knew I would be holding. And there is nothing like working with Lori-- she truly loves her brides and is so dedicated. She worked with me on every detail and accommodated me when I had last minute changes, all while staying within budget. I loved seeing her when she personally delivered my bouquet on the morning of my wedding. The service Tom and Lori provide are top notch, both personal and professional. The flowers absolutely blew me away-- everything was fresh, beautiful, and lush, and no detail was left unturned. My wedding was exactly as I dreamed it to be, thanks to Lori and Tom!

Kate · Married on 04/21/2017

Lori and her team went above and beyond. Her taste is excellent. I could not have been happier with the flower arrangements and overall service. We had a rather small flower budget, but the end product looked like a million dollar budget. I have never seen more beautiful flower displays. She really listens to what you want and provides flower displays that surpass your expectations. I would highly recommend Lori to anyone. Besides her great taste in floral arrangements, she really thinks about what would be best for the space and the couple. Moreover, on the day of the wedding she was not only at the hotel, but stayed throughout the ceremony to make sure everything went smoothly. An amazing experience overall.

Devon · Married on 10/15/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cress Florist!!!! We had a small wedding in the fall that Cress helped make so incredibly special with stunning backdrop and centerpieces, boutonnières, and of course my bouquet! Yet this was nothing compared to what they did for our larger wedding this summer. Everything from the chuppah to the main centerpiece to the bouquets to the accents was BREATHTAKING!!! Lori and Tom made us feel like family from the moment we walked into their shop. They patiently worked with us until our vision became a reality and really went out on a limb to make some of our more unique ideas happen, including adding fairy lights to our centerpieces and fashioning me a special headpiece to wear during the party. Look no further, Cress is truly THE best!!!!!

Brittany · Married on 10/08/2016

Lori and Tom were fantastic! At first we had no idea what we were looking for and a lot of ideas as to what we did not want. With Lori's help and guidance we pinned down a real vision and I even found my new favorite flowers.

Lori created the perfect atmospheres for the different parts of the evening. My ceremony felt like a beautiful dream and dinner was perfectly romantic, the centerpieces were exactly what I wanted but had no idea how to articulate when we started out. In addition to all of this, Lori incorporated pine cones (something of personal significance) into our boutonnieres perfectly even though the request came through on fairly short notice.

Lastly, our venue contact had nothing but wonderful things to say about Lori's team -- he's done hundreds of weddings in our venue and not only loved the look we had created but he repeated how efficient, clean, and friendly they were to work with multiple times. I can't stress enough how wonderful it was to work with Lori and Tom and sincerely hope I get a chance to work with them again in the future!

Chantee · Married on 10/07/2016

Lori and her team were amazing, accommodating, and responsive to all of my needs! She seriously helped me make all of my dreams come true from the centerpieces, to the gold accents, to the beautiful moss wall for the escort cards - she made it all happen within our budget!

Jessica · Married on 09/18/2016

Lori and Tom were absolutely outstanding when they helped me arrange all of my flowers for my wedding. Not only did they provide excellent services in delivery, set up, and communicating back and forth, but they also provided their passion into making beautiful, artistic choices in the flowers they chose for me.

When I got married at Douglaston Manor, my bouquet made feel like a million bucks. It was so classy and elegant. Seeing all of the flower arrangements as I walked down the aisle made me also feel like I was walking into a secret garden :-)

Lori and Tom, thank you for giving me the most beautiful wedding. I know all of my guests were happy with all of your beautiful, flowery works of art. It was a magical event to remember for a lifetime.

D · Married on 09/04/2016

Lori and Tom were an absolute pleasure to work with! Their creative advice combined with gorgeous flowers of highest quality combined to make Cress Floral Decorators a fabulous source for wedding flowers. We look forward to using them again!

Leleah · Married on 09/02/2016

My husband and I knew that we wanted to work with Tom and Lori from our first meeting. They understood our vision and were so attentive to detail. Our guests were highly impressed with their floral arrangements, and I absolutely loved my bouquet! I would highly recommend Cress Floral Decorators.

Anahita · Married on 08/27/2016

Lori and Tom are truly amazing people! From the moment I met them I knew I was super lucky to have them as my wedding florists. First off they are VERY passionate about what they do. They truly love their job and go out of their way to make sure every bride and every wedding they do is perfect. I didn't know anything about flowers but learned so much from them! I told them my color scheme and they very patiently taught me about different flower types and what would look good with the colors I had in mind. They truly have an eye for what matches. As my color theme was around burgundy they encouraged me to go with a burgundy calla lily for my bouquet. They also helped color coordinate the most elegant bouquets for my bridesmaids. They are perfectionists that make sure everything matches together beautifully for your wedding. They even saved a swatch of my bridesmaid dresses and found the perfect pink roses to complement them.
    On Wedding day I was so so happy with how gorgeous everything was! My bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were so lush and full of fresh flowers. They were honestly the nicest bouquets I've seen in any wedding! They even delivered mine and my bridesmaids bouquets to our hotel suite in Manhattan the morning of our wedding so we would have them early in the morning for our first pictures. The centerpieces were truly spectacular, lush and full of complementing colors that impressed all of our guests and made the entire room pop.

What touched me the most was how much this couple cares about every bride. I explained to them that I was looking for a ceremonial table for my Persian ceremony built from wood and only a few inches high. I couldn't find anything like this in stores. Tom not only offered to build it but did this a week before the wedding and delivered it with the rest of the floral arrangements to our venue in Queens. They care so much and are so talented! You will not find this type of passion about flowers and people anywhere else!