224 Reviews for Cress Floral Decorators

Non-Floral (3)
Flower Crowns (2)
Single Flowers (1)
222 Cress Floral Decorators Reviews

Lori and Tom of Cress Florist are fabulous!!! Their kindness, responsiveness, professionalism and creativity blew my mind. Every aspect of working with them was a 10! There's no other florist going who can give such an all around wonderful experience. My table arrangements were meticulous. They supplied all the additional decorations I needed and everything came out with perfection. Anything I wanted, Lori and Tom made happen and with such ease. Beyond a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough... look no further and use Cress. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Karyn, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers

I was recently married at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park, NY. The Boathouse provided us with a list of florists we could contact and we interviewed a few before selecting Lori & Tom at Cress Floral Decorators. Hands down it was one of the best decisions we made because they were amazing. Lori and Tom are both pleasures to work with and they truly captured our vision for the look and feel of our wedding, all within the stated budget. From the gorgeous bridal and bridesmaid bouquets to the floral crowns they made for my parents as a last minute request, their personal attention to every detail both large and small really made such a difference. I cried when I first saw the beautiful chuppa they had created for us because it was so special and exceeded all expectations. The floral and candle arrangements were all exquisite and gave the room a warm feel and glow- exactly what we wanted for our winter wedding. On the day of our wedding, Lori was there throughout to make sure every last detail was perfect. It was. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so special.

Profile Picture mike, 1/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor, Flower Crowns, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

We had the pleasure of working with Lori & Tom for our wedding and they have been fantastic partners from the very beginning! Lori has become our absolute favorite vendor and she was meticulous in detail and responsive throughout our planning process. With her creativity, and thoughtful suggestions, she helped to create beautiful pieces while respecting our budget. We loved every piece crafted by Cress and would love to work with them again! Thank you again to the entire Cress team for your hard work and effort on our big day!

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Where do I even begin? Lori and Tom were absolutely amazing to work with and provided the most gorgeous arrangements. It was important to us to have lovely flowers that complemented our venue, but I don't know much about different types of flowers/greenery and Lori provided really wonderful guidance throughout the process. They are so talented and so kind; you can tell they really love what they do! Lori personally delivered the personal florals to me on my wedding day and it was so nice -- just like seeing a friend. I should also mention that there was a pretty tight setup window at my venue and Cress executed perfectly. I wasn't there to oversee so I don't know how they managed to do it, but everything looked just perfect when I arrived. I am so glad we were able to work with Cress and can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture mandy, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Cress did the flowers or our wedding at the Central Park Boathouse and it was by far the most beautiful part of the day, not to mention the most enjoyable!!! Everyone at Cress makes you feel so welcomed when you come in, especially Lori- they do not pressure you into anything, they show you all your options, they listen to everything you want (even when you change your mind three different times)- they are absolutely amazing. We wanted a flower wall to be the backdrop for our photo booth, and they made the most EXQUISITE flower wall we had ever seen- the guests are still commenting on it- so many people didn't even believe it was real it was so perfect! The centerpieces were exactly what I had requested, and my cascading bouquet was flawless- Lori even brought extra ruscus to the hotel room the morning of the wedding incase I wanted it to be longer, and I did! They let us know what would/wouldn't or might not be possible, but would do everything they could to make it happen (as opposed to other florists who just flat out said NO to anenomes). They were forthcoming about all costs, and when on the day-of the tapered candles they had bought didn't fit in the holders, Lori rushed over to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy new ones to make it work. I didn't even know this until a month later- she wanted everything to just go smoothly and wonderfully. We can't say enough about this phenomenal team, and if I ever get to throw another party again (or can handle it)- they will be my go-to!!!

Profile Picture Eloise, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

Lori and her team are amazing and so friendly! I had a horrible experience with a vendor (Kimpton Ink48) which made it clear they didn't care at all about customer service or our wedding. Lori and her team are not only great but they really care about your wedding - makes such a difference! Thanks!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough good things about Lori and er team. I went on an exhaustive search for florists, and as soon as I met Lori in person and saw her sample centerpiece I knew I could stop the search. Not only was she an absolute pleasure to work with, she nailed my vision and on the day of delivered more than I could have imagined, all within an extremely reasonable budget. Every detail of the arch, bouquet, centerpieces, cocktail arrangements and escort table was absolutely perfect - thank you, Lori, for bringing my vision to life and making our wedding flowers more than we could have even envisioned!

Profile Picture Alina, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Cress floral is such a great choice. From the first session that we sit down with Tom and Lori, we know their professionalism and flexibility. They have great taste for flower design and can always make the piece look pretty and live for the event. I visited them few times and made lots of change as the days going close to my wedding day. They always get back to me/my ideas quickly and give me suggestions/price quote with good responsiveness. On the wedding day, they delivered my bouquet/other decor accurately to the locations, as I wanted some pieces to be delivered into different location. Everything is on time, fresh, pretty, elegant and smooth. All my guests love their flowers and they end up taking the center piece home after the wedding.

Profile Picture Lu, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

CRESS FLORISTS ARE BY FAR THE BEST FLORISTS TO WORK WITH! Tom and Lori are very helpful and will answer any questions you have. They will literally go out of their way to make sure your special day will be a dream come true. They provide you with ideas and give you several choices to choose from relating to the design of your flowers. My flowers were amazing, the bouquets lasted so long and my centerpieces were amazing and made the hall look like a fairy tale wedding. I highly recommend Cress Florists for your wedding!

Profile Picture Theodora, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Took my breath away-- that's what happened when I walked into the Boathouse on my wedding day. It was pure magic. And I knew it would be the first time I met with Tom, and he right then and there began creating samples of my bouquet. I nearly cried when he came out with the arrangement I knew I would be holding. And there is nothing like working with Lori-- she truly loves her brides and is so dedicated. She worked with me on every detail and accommodated me when I had last minute changes, all while staying within budget. I loved seeing her when she personally delivered my bouquet on the morning of my wedding. The service Tom and Lori provide are top notch, both personal and professional. The flowers absolutely blew me away-- everything was fresh, beautiful, and lush, and no detail was left unturned. My wedding was exactly as I dreamed it to be, thanks to Lori and Tom!

Profile Picture Gillian, 5/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Non-Floral, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

Lori and her team went above and beyond. Her taste is excellent. I could not have been happier with the flower arrangements and overall service. We had a rather small flower budget, but the end product looked like a million dollar budget. I have never seen more beautiful flower displays. She really listens to what you want and provides flower displays that surpass your expectations. I would highly recommend Lori to anyone. Besides her great taste in floral arrangements, she really thinks about what would be best for the space and the couple. Moreover, on the day of the wedding she was not only at the hotel, but stayed throughout the ceremony to make sure everything went smoothly. An amazing experience overall.

Profile Picture Kate, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cress Florist!!!! We had a small wedding in the fall that Cress helped make so incredibly special with stunning backdrop and centerpieces, boutonnières, and of course my bouquet! Yet this was nothing compared to what they did for our larger wedding this summer. Everything from the chuppah to the main centerpiece to the bouquets to the accents was BREATHTAKING!!! Lori and Tom made us feel like family from the moment we walked into their shop. They patiently worked with us until our vision became a reality and really went out on a limb to make some of our more unique ideas happen, including adding fairy lights to our centerpieces and fashioning me a special headpiece to wear during the party. Look no further, Cress is truly THE best!!!!!

Profile Picture Devon, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Lori and Tom were fantastic! At first we had no idea what we were looking for and a lot of ideas as to what we did not want. With Lori's help and guidance we pinned down a real vision and I even found my new favorite flowers.

Lori created the perfect atmospheres for the different parts of the evening. My ceremony felt like a beautiful dream and dinner was perfectly romantic, the centerpieces were exactly what I wanted but had no idea how to articulate when we started out. In addition to all of this, Lori incorporated pine cones (something of personal significance) into our boutonnieres perfectly even though the request came through on fairly short notice.

Lastly, our venue contact had nothing but wonderful things to say about Lori's team -- he's done hundreds of weddings in our venue and not only loved the look we had created but he repeated how efficient, clean, and friendly they were to work with multiple times. I can't stress enough how wonderful it was to work with Lori and Tom and sincerely hope I get a chance to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

Lori and her team were amazing, accommodating, and responsive to all of my needs! She seriously helped me make all of my dreams come true from the centerpieces, to the gold accents, to the beautiful moss wall for the escort cards - she made it all happen within our budget!

Profile Picture Chantee, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Lori and Tom were absolutely outstanding when they helped me arrange all of my flowers for my wedding. Not only did they provide excellent services in delivery, set up, and communicating back and forth, but they also provided their passion into making beautiful, artistic choices in the flowers they chose for me.

When I got married at Douglaston Manor, my bouquet made feel like a million bucks. It was so classy and elegant. Seeing all of the flower arrangements as I walked down the aisle made me also feel like I was walking into a secret garden :-)

Lori and Tom, thank you for giving me the most beautiful wedding. I know all of my guests were happy with all of your beautiful, flowery works of art. It was a magical event to remember for a lifetime.

Profile Picture User6223101, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Lori and Tom were an absolute pleasure to work with! Their creative advice combined with gorgeous flowers of highest quality combined to make Cress Floral Decorators a fabulous source for wedding flowers. We look forward to using them again!

Profile Picture D, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

My husband and I knew that we wanted to work with Tom and Lori from our first meeting. They understood our vision and were so attentive to detail. Our guests were highly impressed with their floral arrangements, and I absolutely loved my bouquet! I would highly recommend Cress Floral Decorators.

Profile Picture Leleah, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Lori and Tom are truly amazing people! From the moment I met them I knew I was super lucky to have them as my wedding florists. First off they are VERY passionate about what they do. They truly love their job and go out of their way to make sure every bride and every wedding they do is perfect. I didn't know anything about flowers but learned so much from them! I told them my color scheme and they very patiently taught me about different flower types and what would look good with the colors I had in mind. They truly have an eye for what matches. As my color theme was around burgundy they encouraged me to go with a burgundy calla lily for my bouquet. They also helped color coordinate the most elegant bouquets for my bridesmaids. They are perfectionists that make sure everything matches together beautifully for your wedding. They even saved a swatch of my bridesmaid dresses and found the perfect pink roses to complement them.
On Wedding day I was so so happy with how gorgeous everything was! My bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were so lush and full of fresh flowers. They were honestly the nicest bouquets I've seen in any wedding! They even delivered mine and my bridesmaids bouquets to our hotel suite in Manhattan the morning of our wedding so we would have them early in the morning for our first pictures. The centerpieces were truly spectacular, lush and full of complementing colors that impressed all of our guests and made the entire room pop.

What touched me the most was how much this couple cares about every bride. I explained to them that I was looking for a ceremonial table for my Persian ceremony built from wood and only a few inches high. I couldn't find anything like this in stores. Tom not only offered to build it but did this a week before the wedding and delivered it with the rest of the floral arrangements to our venue in Queens. They care so much and are so talented! You will not find this type of passion about flowers and people anywhere else!

Profile Picture Anahita, 8/27/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Lori at Cress went above and beyond our expectations. The flowers turned out more beautiful on the day than we could have hoped for. Lori spent a lot of time making sure everything was perfect and even took pictures for us.

She was very responsive to our changes over the months of planning, of which we made many! Was totally worth travelling out to Long Island for. We couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Schier, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We worked with Lori and Tom for our August wedding at The Liberty Warehouse in Brooklyn. A close friend had worked with them for her wedding at The Boathouse in Central Park and had a fantastic experience, so we decided to also work with Cress. All we can say is WOW! We had a specific vision for our colors and flowers and Lori and Tom went over and above to work with us to achieve that vision - and exceeded our highest expectations. They are lovely to work with, passionate about what they do and will not stop until they deliver for you (and are also committed to working within your budget). We continue to get compliments on the flowers from our big day, with many guests remarking that they looked "out of a magazine". If you want a personalized, high touch experience with experts who have been in this family business for decades, look no further! We cannot recommend Cress flowers highly enough. Thank you, Lori and Tom!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had a great experience working with Cress Floral Decorators. Everything was perfect from my very first meeting to wedding day. I highly recommend working with them!!

Profile Picture User7282030, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I went with cress florists for one very important reason: I could tell Lori could understand the vision and aesthetic we were looking for. She was able to use the tone of example pictures we showed her and adapt them when needed to create the whimsical feeling we were going for! They also made a flower crown for me and everyone was very patient and accommodating when I wanted changes to it. They worked with me to get the crown exactly as I wanted!

Profile Picture M, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Cress was amazing to work with.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We loved working with Lori and Tom at Cress! From the beginning, we really clicked with them and they were so accommodating - even through a complete redo of my bridesmaid's bouquets and late addition of tall centerpieces for our reception. They are so knowledgeable about flowers (I'm not so that was great!) and Lori was also always super responsive on email and over the phone. I would recommend Cress in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Franki, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews