Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend Reviews

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend 2
Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend 3
Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend 4

Chris · Married on 05/21/2011

The overall goal for our wedding was being as stress free as possible. We were looking for a wedding officiant who would perform a non-religious ceremony focusing on our love and relationship.

We went through a couple phone calls with other officiants who seemed overbooked (offered to squeeze ours between 2 other weddings on the same day - no thanks!) or were insanely expensive.

We emailed Joe with questions about performing our wedding (prices, availability) and he immediately returned our email with a very reasonable cost and a short form asking about us. We were pleased that he would make the extra effort to get to know us, as opposed to using a canned ceremony speech. Surprisingly answering some of the questions were actually difficult, but fun!

Up to the wedding Joe kept in full contact with us, we went back and forth with the ceremony outline, adding and cutting pieces until we were happy with it. On the day of the wedding Joe showed up well ahead of time dressed very nicely which fit our wedding "look".

The ceremony was excellent, and during the reception we received compliments on the officiant. Things like..."He was really good" and "I liked your officiant, where did you find him?". We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony.

Call Joe, you won't be disappointed!

Chris & Allison

Sent on 06/08/2011

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you for the honor of performing your ceremony. It was my pleasure to work with such a fantastic couple!

Jenn · Married on 09/04/2010

Joe was a pleasure to work with. He was professional & personable.

He allowed my husband & I to write essentially the entire ceremony ourselves, and added a bit of tweeking here & there as needed. He made the ceremony light & fun, which was exactly what we were looking for. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant.

Sent on 02/18/2011

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you so much for this! I am wishing you the best life has to give!

Kristina · Married on 03/27/2010

Reverend Joe was so kind and understanding. He wrote our ceremony personally for us, and included everything I asked for as well as his own beautiful words. I received many compliments from guests and could not have been more pleased. I would recommend his services without hesitation to any couple, especially those of mixed faiths who need a personal touch!

Sent on 04/05/2010

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you Kristina, it was a pleasure to work with you!

Meagan · Married on 07/25/2009

Reverand Orlando was wonderful to work with! He was very patient with our silly group and had a great sense of humor. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/05/2009

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you! It was great fun and honor as well!

J · Married on 05/30/2009

Reverend Joe Orlando provided us with the most professional and considerate officiant service imaginable. His warm and friendly nature made the entire process very easy and fun! When it was time for the ceremony his years of experience was very apparent and I would recommend his services to any and everyone.

Sent on 06/12/2009

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you so much! It was truly an honor!

Tiffany · Married on 05/03/2009

Thank you so much for making our day so special!!! You were great!

Sent on 08/01/2009

Victoria · Married on 10/12/2008

Reverend Joe Orlando was the most amazing officiant we could have hoped for. He was extremely professional each and every time we needed to meet with him, and through all of our email correspondence. He was able to provide us with unique ideas for a personalized ceremony, and we were never pushed to have it done one way or another. We were able to take bits from many different ceremony examples, in order to make the one that was perfect for us. It was a perfect solution, since we are not a religious family. When it was time for our rehearsal, he was on time, (although most of our wedding party was not), and he was patient in letting us rehearse over and over again, until we felt completely comfortable.
    I would recommend Reverend Joe to anyone that I know of getting married. I have already recommended him to a couple who is getting married in the near future! He was great, and thanks to him, our wedding day was perfect. Thank You!
    -Mr. and Mrs. McClain

Sent on 10/22/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure and an honor to perform your wedding!

Victoria · event on: 10/12/2013

Our event time and location had to be changed at the last minute, and Joe went out of his way to accommodate us with very little notice. He performed our wedding ceremony, and we were so pleased that we requested he perform our renewal ceremony. He was wonderful at both events and designed ceremonies personalized just for us.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Theresa · Married on 10/04/2008

Joe really made our ceremony special. He created a service that was unique to me and my now husband. I would strongly recommend Joe and his services to anyone who os getting married.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure! I wish you both the best!

Linda · Married on 09/20/2008

We cannot say enough about Rev. Joe. He made us feel very comfortable at our first interview and always answered our e-mails immediately. The way he read our vows and emphazied each line and projected his voice was perfect!! We had many compliments about him from our guests. We could not have had a better officiant at our wedding. We highly recommend him! Linda and Andy Hilbert

Sent on 09/21/2008

Linda and Andrea,
    You are two of the most wonderful people I have ever met. Thank you so much for the honor of performing your ceremony.

Gary · Married on 09/13/2008

My wife and I were extremely satisfied with Reverend Orlando. We found Joe on-line while searching for non-denominational Officiant's in our area. Having a non-denominational Officiant marry us was very important to both my wife and myself and, in fact, was our number one requirement. He was the first Officiant -- and I'm very pleased to say "the last" -- that we called. My initial phone conversation with Joe revealed to me that he was a man of kindness and compassion, a man that truly loved his profession, and a man that recognized first and foremost that the wedding ceremony was about no others than the bride and groom. At his request, we met with Joe for an hour one Saturday morning at his cozy and very quaint book store. When we walked in, Joe had fresh brewed coffee waiting for us. Over that hour, my wife and I had a chance to tell Joe all we could about ourselves and about what we envisioned for our wedding day (it was very important for Joe to become acquainted with us before he started drafting a wedding ceremony for us). No more than 2 days after our meeting, Joe emailed us a draft ceremony. It was an excellent fit for the two of us. Nonetheless, Joe worked with us over email to make minor tweaks here-and-there. Fast-forward to a month before the ceremony... We ran into Joe and his wife at a local store. He was very happy to see us and shared with us his notes from a recent wedding he had conducted at the same venue at which we were about to get married. This conversation lasted for a good half hour, and Joe never once made us feel like we were intruding on his personal time. Joe even followed that impromptu meeting up with a few "additional info" emails as well as a call to the wedding venue to ensure certain things were looked into and addressed for our wedding. Fast-forward to the rehearsal... Joe spent an hour with us and our families and wedding parties the night before the wedding rehearsing every aspect of the wedding until my wife and I were completely satisfied. Not only did he advise on how he felt things should flow (which we greatly appreciated), but he also was very intent on allowing us to influence the flow and flavor of the ceremony to our liking. We never felt rushed, and Joe did not want to leave the rehearsal until we (actually EVERYONE) were completely satisfied. Later that evening and the next morning, Joe sent me a few emails reminding me to bring things like the marriage certificate (and tissues in case emotions overflowed) - this was Joe's once again going the extra mile to extend a helping and caring hand to ensure the everything went as planned without issues. Fast forward to the ceremony... Joe spent the 45 mins before the ceremony with myself, my best man, my two ushers, and my father. He helped us with our boutonnières and answered our last minute questions -- he was amazingly effective at calming your nerves and reassuring everyone that things would be absolutely beautiful and "perfect". The ceremony - IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Although I had read the ceremony numerous times before our wedding day, it was so much more powerful and meaningful hearing it be recited by Joe. It was moving, to say the least. Fast-forward to after the ceremony... My wife and I had countless wedding participants (families and friends) comment on how "good" and "nice" the Officiant was and how "beautiful" the ceremony was........ All in all, we can't say enough about Joe. We would never recommend any other Officiant but Reverend Orlando to any of our friends or families! Thanks again (and again and AGAIN) Joe!

Sent on 10/02/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

What can I say? Thank you Gary and Jaime. Your wedding was very special to me as well as you two are very special people. I wish you all the best life has got to give, and then some!

Rev Joe

Abby · Married on 08/16/2008

Rev. Joe Orlando provided my husband and I with an extremely beautiful and heartfelt ceremony. His extreme professionalism not only eased the process of getting married, but also our nerves that day. Rev. Orlando aims to please and in return, we were very pleased. He is highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a perfect ceremony. ATR & SAR

Sent on 09/26/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thanks so much. It was a joy to perform your ceremony. I wish you both the best in your future life together!

Gisele · Married on 08/08/2008

Reverend Joe Orlando made the wedding. He spent time getting to know the wedding party and to plan a meaningful (dream) of a wedding. I would recommend him to everyone. He worked with our short time of preparation and paid close attention to detail. He is an artful master and I am so grateful that he was available. Our guests were moved!

Sent on 08/09/2008

Thank you so much!

Heather · Married on 08/02/2008

Mr. Orlando was wonderful! He had great ideas and was very easy to work with! I highly recommend using him for your wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you Heather, it was a pleasure to work you as well!

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2008

Mr. Orlando was wonderful, he said everything that we asked him to and was very laid back and make us feel very comfortable. I would definatley say that we made the right decision in using him.

Sent on 07/22/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! I appreciate your kind words.

Again, I wish you and Daniel the best. You are a beautiful couple

Julie · Married on 06/29/2008

Joe Orlando, Reverend, was extremely flexible and very easy to work with and was very prompt.

Sent on 07/10/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thanks so much! It was such a fun wedding, being a surprise to all your guests!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/28/2008

Joe was completely professional but also very fun and relaxing to deal with. He helped us to organize the ceremony and was very responsive with any questions or concerns that we had. Overall just a wonderful person to work with!

Sent on 07/24/2008
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/10/2008

Rev Joe Orlando: The wedding went very well, Rev Orlando was willing to meet with us and discuss our needs and what we wanted out of the ceremony, he even thought of a sand ceremony which when did not, we received a lot of comments on how well the ceremony went and how nice it was. We would highly recommend Rev Joe Orlando to anyone who is considering getting married.

Thank you Joe for a beautiful wedding.
    Joe and Ann Wheeler

Sent on 05/29/2008

Thank you so much!

Lynn · Married on 04/19/2008

Joe Orlando was wonderful! I changed my mind about where I was having the wedding and he was very understanding and agreed to meet me at the other place. He also was so kind to wait 20 minutes for my husbands parents to arrive since there was traffic. I think I worried more about him being late for his other wedding then about my husbands parents. He was great though and I'm glad got to share my big day with him!

Sent on 06/02/2008

Thank you very much!

Melody · Married on 04/05/2008

Having Reverend Joe Orlando as our wedding officiant was an absolute dream. From the moment my mother and I met him we knew he was the right officiant to use for our garden wedding.

As a person Reverend Joe is warm, calming, welcoming, appropriately inquisitive and artistic. He also has a wonderful, nerve-calming voice for conducting a wedding ceremony. If you meet with him he'll be inviting, happy to see you and might just offer you a cup of coffee. If you hire him you'll get an officiant who brings ideas to the table but will incorporate whatever your personal requests and preferences are. Also, his fee is very reasonable!

Reverend Joe has cool ideas for creative ceremonies and is very flexible regarding content. During the planning stage he gave us quick email replies on our ceremony revisions every time, and was truly helpful right up to the moment we said "I do."

Highly recommended.

Mrs. Melody (Seldin) Holmes

Sent on 04/17/2008

Thank you!

Lucy · Married on 03/16/2007

Reverend Joe Orlando officiated my wedding in 2007 and did a wonderful job! my husband and i are not die hard romantics and are surrounded by a bunch of religions and this proved no challenge to Mr. Orlando. He has a great personality and can get along with anyone. He wrote our entire ceremony for us and even dealt with my crazy wedding party !! i would highly recommend him for any wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thank you! I am so glad you were pleased!
  • Doreen

Doreen · Married on 06/26/2010

Reverend Joe did an amazing job with our wedding. We wanted a short (15 minutes max,) simple non-denominational service appropriate for our families of different religions, as well as for a beach-side noon wedding, and Rev Joe delivered and more. He went over everything he would say with us beforehand and was extremely responsive via e-mail. But the best part was the service itself. The 90+ guests could hear him perfectly despite the windy beach, and his presentation was both heartfelt and appropriately humorous. We'd already known what he was going to say, but his delivery made everything even more special for us. We can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Since my goal to provide an excellent ceremony and experience on a bride's wedding day, I inquired about why I was given a 4.5 for professionalism, and was told it was because I did not call on the morning of the wedding. I arrived one hour before the ceremony, as my contract states, and nothing unusual occurred before that time on the wedding day. (In fact, had I tried to call I found out many folks were trying to make cell phone calls, but there was no signal in the area.) Under ordinary circumstances I never call my brides on the day of their wedding as I know they are busy with preparations including hair and makeup. This is the first time this concern has ever arisen, and I apologize if this one thing made it appear that I was unprofessional.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2011

Reverend Orlando was the officiant for my wedding on May 28, 2011. He met with us immidiately upon inquiry at his bookstore in Leonardtown. We immidately knew that Joe would be the person to marry my now husband and myself. He came to our rehearsal and stayed until everyone felt comfortable with their roles in the ceremony. The day of the ceremony everything went smoothly - I couldn't have been happier. It was one of the best choices we made throughout our wedding planning. I would highly recommend Reverend Joe Orlando to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 06/06/2011

Margaret · Married on 03/08/2008

Joe was really fantastic! He came to our home to meet him, so we didn't have to go out of our way. He made us feel at ease and got to know us prior to our ceremony.

He allowed us to write our entire ceremony and went by it to the T. Even with the lights going out (bad wind on our wedding day) he held his composure and did a fanastic job!

Sent on 04/09/2008

Creative Weddings of Southern Maryland-Joe Orlando, Reverend's reply:

Thanks so much! It was my pleasure!

Reverend Joe

Rev Joe was very professional and reliable for our wedding. We would recommend him highly!

Sent on 11/21/2015