Creative Cuisine Catering Reviews

1 User photo

Creative Cuisine Catering 1
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2011

Creative Cuisine did a wonderful job at our wedding last weekend. They were more than helpful making sure everyone got through the line quickly and even had all the leftovers in boxes for me ready to go at the end of the wedding.

They helped make my day perfect!

Sent on 05/26/2011
  • JD

Jessica · Married on 05/09/2009

I was easily influenced to hire this catering company since I worked for them while I was in college. I know I may seem biased but I did quote with other catering companies and I knew I was getting a better deal and the type of service I was expecting with Creative. I worked with John Sowder and he was the best person to handle my event. He is very laid back and open to ideas and was easy to get in touch with. He would always respond within a few hours to all inquires, which was great for me! He constantly quoted and re-quoted for me, until my mom was even satisfied. We did food stations which everyone loved. The food turned out great. The venue looked amazing, they did the table runners, hung paper lanterns, placed name cards, and more. The staff were friendly and efficient, especially Sam. I have great respect for what they do (since I did it too, at one point) and they helped to make our wedding wonderful. I would highly recommend Creative.

Sent on 05/21/2009

Ruby · Married on 08/20/2005

We had our reception in our backyard and Creative Cuisine provided everything we needed for our special day. The food was delicious and in proper portions. We selected mostly finger foods and small bite items and they were all yummy and fresh. We also arranged for our tables and chair rentals. They had a great selection of linen colors and table tops and a range of chairs to fit every budget. We liked them so much, we contracted them again to handle our friend's wedding a month later that was also hosted at our house.

Sent on 04/23/2008

Creative Cuisine just did our bartending . The bartender we had was very professional. And the company was able to suggest how much alcohol we should buy for the number of people

Sent on 12/13/2015

Maria · Married on 07/01/2016

Terri Engel was our catering contact, and she was wonderful and very responsive to all our requests. Our reception was held at the church where we were married. On the day of the wedding, Terri helped us avoid what almost was a major disaster with a different contractor who made our cake. In addition, Chef Paul's lasagna is some of the best we have ever had. The bride is 100% Italian, and she knows lasagna! We strongly recommend Creative Cuisine.

Sent on 03/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/04/2014

We hired creative cuisine to handle the catering at our very small and intimate yet formal wedding to take place at our parents lovely home across from the New Albany golf course. Being that this was our second wedding for the two of us we both had our list of what was important to us. When we hired creative cuisine and planner Julie Rinn, little did we know that we were getting evertthing we asked for and more. The team showed up on the fourth to prepare for the event with every detail not forgotten. All of our guests felt that they were extra special. The house was left in the same condition upon their arrival, all the dishes were cleaned and everything back in its original place. The presentation of the food display to the taste and quality of the food exceeded our expectations. We would chose creative cuisine anytime for another event. Our day went by without one flaw.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Creative Cuisine did a great job on my daughter's wedding. If I could give extra stars for flexibility, I would. My daughter and her husband had very specific ideas and Creative Cuisine bent over backwards trying to accommodate them. Also, the coordinator, Terri, was just terrific. She gave us all kinds of good ideas, and she was totally professional. The bottom line was that the food was terrific. The wedding guests all commented on how great it was. The staff working the event itself were great, too. They were very helpful and cheerful. I would absolutely use them again, and I would recommend them highly.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2010

Delicious food, and they even customized our menu.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Emily and Matthew · Married on 09/02/2018

Kristen and her team catered my wedding at Via Vecchia. We received many compliments on the food, and the service was pretty good as well (it maybe could have been a little quicker, but plated dinners are often slower). Kristen also helped with decor set up and was very helpful leading up to the wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2018

M and M · Married on 11/23/2013

First and foremost, Terri is a great asset to Creative and I hope you get the chance to work with her. Beyond the benefit of her significant experience, she has an innate knack of understanding the substance and theme of our wedding and getting that turned into real (and affordable) design options including some intangibles that we'd not considered. The CC staff was also great the day of, including Rhonda who managed to be both crazy efficient and happy at the same time.

On our budget, we went with a buffet versus plated dinner for the reception, and I thought the chicken (with corn salsa) and salmon entrees could have been more flavorful. But the appetizers were great, the pies were outstanding, and the beverage service was a hit. CC had good suggestions, and accomodated two different signature drinks and added very stylish touches to both.

Their pricing was on par with their competition; we had quotes from three vendors of the same size. Also note when planning your reception: having it close to caterer is a plus.

Sent on 12/03/2013
  • User2558626 · event on: 07/11/2012

Wow, what a great experience. This is a company that knows how to deliver. They delivered great food at a very fair price, and the service staff was so professional. I will only be using Creative Cuisine for all my upcoming events.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Betsy · Married on 06/03/2017

We are looking forward to having Creative Cuisine cater our reception! We initially worked with Terri, and she did an amazing job of listening to our needs and letting us know how we could save money! We had a tasting that was spot on, and so we knew right away that we wanted to book with them! Les is now handling our reception, and we are confident that she and her servers will do a great job!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Terri from Creative Cuisine was wonderful. This company gave us the best quote and we loved their food. All of our guests also loved the food. We served a steak/chicken combo with cheesy potatoes and asparagus. Our vegetarian friends ate a spinach tortellini which is so delicious. They made sure everything ran smoothly and our night was perfect because of all of their help. They offer tasting events at their facilities multiple times per year where you can taste a variety of their menu options- free of charge. Definitely check this company out!

Sent on 05/30/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/26/2018

Wonderful Food

Our guests raved about how yummy the food was at our reception! They did the reception set up as well!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We worked with Creative Cuisine for our wedding at Red Brick Occasions in May. Everyone on staff was incredibly helpful and professional throughout the entire experience, from the initial planning to the setup to takedown. Our coordinator Marla was a dream to work with--super organized, kind, and patient. And the food was wonderful! The menu has enough variety that we felt confident that every guest would find something to enjoy, and we heard rave reviews all evening. The family style option was the way to go, for sure. I enjoyed my experience and appreciate all the work they put into our wedding day!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Kayla · Married on 12/13/2014

I was so worried about the food not being good because it was buffet lines but I got SO many compliments on how good it was. I couldn't have been happier!

I didn't give a 5 on responsiveness because I had to ask for some things multiple times over the course of several weeks or months. I also gave less than 5 on value because I personally thought the food was too expensive after labor fees and all but I have heard others didn't think it was too expensive.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Laurie · Married on 06/23/2012

We were appreciative to be able to provide items that would normally be part of the catering package. This was a great $$ saver. Also, we provided all the alcohol, mixes, cups, napkins, etc. Creative only provided the bar tenders - what a savings! Terri from Creative did the flowers for the entire wedding, this was convenient to have one less business on the list. Simple instructions were provided to us on how to organize and what to provide to Creative so their job could be completed to our satisfaction.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Penny · Married on 06/23/2012

The food for the buffet was excellent, we received many, many compliments from the guests about how wonderfule everything was. Terri was wonderful to work with during the planning process.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Ronnie · Married on 09/25/2010

3.0

The presence that Creative Cuisine exuded was extremely professional and upscale. The food was very good. Terri (caterer) has a wonderful personality and is an amazing individual to work with. Superb quality of service overall.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Kate · Married on 10/20/2007

4.2

We had a great experience with Creative Cuisine. We had a multi-cultural marriage with a lot of different food requests and they were able and willing to meet all of them! Their service at the reception was fantastic as well!

Sent on 02/27/2008

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2011

3.4
      2.0

The CC staff was extremely polite and professional at our wedding, and were more than happy to accommodate any of our requests. We weren't extremely pleased with the food, as it was not cooked properly, however we had selected low priced options as the food was not our biggest concern. I personally use CC for corporate catering, and have had very positive experiences!

Sent on 09/25/2011

2.6
      3.5
      2.5
      2.5

We contracted Creative Cuisine very early on in our process for the wedding reception. We started out with one rep. Then ended up with another. Which would normally be fine, but I don't feel as though we received an even trade. In one of our discussions, the caterer told us that she didn't think Hennessey was fitting for our crowd...really.. Anyway,she was more concerned about the alcohol-which we were required to purchase and deliver to the venue, by the way- than about any other detail of our reception. This was frustrating. If they want to control the bar, then they need to provide the alcohol in the amounts they deem appropriate. At any rate, on the day of the wedding, they didn't bother showing up until after 2pm for a 4:30 ceremony (same venue as reception) I didn't get two linens for my outdoor tables-thanks for that- and everyone was about to pull their hair out because we needed to decorate. We also couldn't get ahold of anyone by phone!! Granted, we were going to pick up the linens the evening before, but time didn't allow for that and we called to let her know.p the evening before. Since it was a destination wedding, I'd never met her in person, but she did introduce herself and walk away. Their saving grace, and I wish I could remember his name, Mike, maybe? Was overly cordial and constantly offering us drinks and apps. He was a gem, as well as the rest of the staff. It was only the "face" of the company that really rubbed us the wrong way. You know who you are, I'm not going to blast it out there, but you're supposed to make a wedding easier. Otherwise people would make their own food. You paid you handsomely for "reception coordination" services. Uhmmm, yeah. Sorry that Jean Ransom had moved on. We truly enjoyed her during our initial consultation.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Creative Cuisine Catering's reply:

In Response to Wedding Review:

We apologize for any inconvenience or unhappiness that you experienced during the planning portion of your wedding. We try to create a good sense of ease and trust between our event consultants and our clients. We would like to address some of your issues:

We have years of experience working with our clients on their alcohol purchases. Our intention was to help save you money, not question your choices and we apologize that it did not come across that way.

We schedule our staff to arrive two hours prior to the start of an event. This is standard for most events and a suitable amount of time to accomplish the set up. According to the floor plan we received from you, there were no outdoor tables shown. The linens were on site and had the oversight been brought to our attention we would have corrected the situation immediately. Arrangements were made for all linens to be picked up the Friday before your wedding. At 4:30 your fiancée called to say hr was running behind and would not make it on time to pick them up. Our owner offered to wait but was told it would be okay to send them with the staff on Saturday. Our phone system forwards messages in the event that we are not in the office to take calls. Three people receive these forwarded messages and none were received Saturday. Had we received a voicemail we would have responded appropriately.

One final note – your event planner was on site from 3:30 pm until after 6:00 pm assisting with set up, food prep and bartending. We are sorry you feel you did not receive the attention from her you desired. Planning long distance events is always a challenge and while we are pleased you chose Creative Cuisine for your special day we are sorry all your expectations were not met.