83 Reviews for Creative Catering

Greek (1)
Local (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
83 Creative Catering Reviews

We absolutely loved working with Creative Catering from start to finish! They provided more options for each course than any other caterer we looked at, and at our tasting we realized literally every option would be delicious. We got so many compliments on the clam fritters and baked haddock, and I still crave the twice-baked mashed potato. Even the salad was perfect, more like a high-end restaurant salad than the typical wedding salad. The team was extremely flexible and responsive, and didn't miss one detail, like a special subtle pour of ginger ale for someone who didn't want champagne for the toast. Thank you to Nina and the whole team at Creative for all their hard work, we are so thrilled to have found you guys!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/11/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Local, Seafood, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Nina and her team were very responsive to our needs. Easily accommodated dietary restrictions. Food was terrific, especially the appetizers.

Profile Picture jill, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had an incredible experience working with Creative Catering for our wedding! Gary is so knowledgeable and gave us so much advice about what would work best for our wedding day. He was great at getting back to us right away whenever we had a question. Our guests raved about the food! They made sure my husband and I had our own tray of appetizers brought up to the bridal suite so that we had a minute to ourselves and were able to eat before we joined the reception. We chose the New York strip steak, baked haddock, and the butternut squash ravioli for our entrees. Everything was delicious and the portions were huge, especially for what you’d expect for a wedding. The service was smooth and organized through the entire reception so that people could enjoy their meal and get out on the dance floor. Overall, we loved Creative Catering and would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Kristal, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I are so happy we chose Creative as our caterer for our wedding! Our experience with them was great from start to finish. We loved working with Gary to plan our reception. He was personable, funny, and knowledgeable about Creative's services and about weddings in general. His many pearls of wisdom were very helpful in all aspects of our planning. He answered all our questions in a timely fashion and helped with all the details. A true professional! The service and the quality and quantity of food on our wedding day was outstanding. Many of our guests commented on the warmth and attentiveness of the staff, as well as how much they enjoyed the food! The baked stuffed haddock especially got rave reviews. Guests loved our appetizers as well. My husband and I both had the butternut squash ravioli, which is absolutely to die for. We would hire Creative again in an instant and would highly recommend them to anybody.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Seafood, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Outside Alcohol

Great experience working with Gary and Creative! He was always there to chat and answer any of my questions. Guests said they really enjoyed the food. I especially want to thank Gary for his expertise and knowledge. Also he stopped by on the wedding day , which was great! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Holly, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I were beyond pleased with our experience with Creative Catering! Gary answered every question we had, met with us when we needed and was available by email and phone whenever we needed him! On the day of our wedding, Barbara, the event manager touched base with us, congratulated us and got us whatever we needed. She even put a plate of apps on our sweetheart table since we were so busy and missed the apps. The food was absolutely AMAZING!!! All of my guests could not stop raving about our apps (you have to get the lamb chops!), salad, and entrees! Everything was perfect and one of our biggest priorities was delicious food for our guests and Creative Catering absolutely went above and beyond. I'd highly recommend them to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Paula, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

FANTASTIC!!!! Gary and his team were amazing! Food was fabulous. Staff was great! Our daughter's wedding was 8/5/16. Still on cloud 9! Thank you, Creative Catering! JFoye

Profile Picture Jane, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I have 0 complaints! Gary was so amazing and made sure everything was easy for me during my planning and on my wedding day. Creative was the last out of 4 tastings I had tried and I had horrible experiences with all the other companies but Creative was amazing the food was delicious and Gary came out and explained everything you could think of to us. I love that they do not use pre-frozen protein and that each plate of food weighs 1.5 pounds which is the average amount of food a man needs to survive a 5-6 hour wedding. The price is really good for the quality of food, everyone could not stop talking about how good the food and service was. I would highly recommend creative catering to anyone wanting a affordable delicious food for their big day!!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Creative Catering did an awesome job with our wedding! The food was delicious and plentiful. (I caught guests taking pictures with their enormous filets!) Gary and his team were so helpful and responsive in the months leading up to our wedding. He offered great advice from his many years of experience on all aspects of the planning process. The on-site staff at our wedding were incredibly professional and hardworking. Creative Catering is one of three preferred caterers at our venue and they set themselves apart at the open house with dramatically better food and service than the other two (also well-reviewed) vendors. It was an easy choice for us and one that we were very happy with in the end!

The only thing I would note so that other couples are not surprised is that we were a bit disappointed with our tasting appointment. It was the only one we went on so maybe this is the industry standard--but we could not choose what items to sample and we were paired with another couple (and several of their relatives) who had very different tastes and style than us. It made things a bit awkward and was not the personal experience I expected when making such an significant and expensive decision. However, the food we did try was delicious and the items we did not get to try until our wedding turned out great too!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/16/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Stations, Plated, Hors d'oeuvres, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Based on value alone, Creative Catering was wonderful, but then we when it came to the food and service they really out did themselves. From the first phone conversation with Gary I had a good feeling. The portions were large and I had so many complements from our guest about how amazing everything was. They handled the itinerary to the bar and clean up. They were so easy to work with and accommodating as well, as I had a cake brought in from another vendor without any extra cutting charge! I couldn't have been more pleased, if I ever need an event catered again I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to them.

Profile Picture Anne, 8/15/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Plated, Hors d'oeuvres

Everyone at Creative Catering was professional and helpful. Gary worked with us to create the perfect menu- complete with a ice cream sundae bar! The food was delicious and everything worked perfectly during our event. I highly recommend Creative Catering!

Profile Picture User4256678, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our daughter's wedding was at Misselwood at Endicott College in Beverly Mass. Gary's crew made the wedding cruise right along without a hitch. They were right there while the pictures were being taken with the hors D'oeuvres and getting us drinks. When dinner was served it went like clockwork and everyone raved about the food. We had Grilled Filet Mignon, Tuscano Chicken and Butternut Squash Ravioli. Every dish was cooked to perfection. We would recommend Creative Catering of Beverly Mass. Our wedding was for 180 people. We are very happy with our choice. They did an awesome job!!!!

Profile Picture Louis, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

FLAWLESS. I went to a couple of different tastings before choosing my caterer. Creative Catering's tasting was the best one we went to, bar none. So much attention was given to every couple at the tasting, every piece of food they served was described, and advice on how to handle some of the small parts of the wedding you would encounter throughout the night was tossed out as Gary walked around to chat with everybody. When it came to booking and planning, it couldn't have been easier. Gary was incredibly flexible throughout the entire processes, making sure I had all of the information I needed to change my mind (more than once) before we set the menu in stone. I had wanted to attend another tasting with my parents before finalizing the menu and I had let Creative know that - unfortunately, our schedules got a little too hectic and we couldn't make it to another, but that didn't stop Gary and Peggy from keeping my in the loop about when the next tastings would be. After our final meeting, I received a day of schedule from Gary which helped me SO MUCH when it came to making sure I had all of the details laid out (since I had no idea what the timings for so many things were supposed to be).
The night of the wedding couldn't have been better. All of our guests loved the food, and I saw Gary walking around keeping on top of everything. He made sure my picky brother got his plate of chicken fingers (that he easily helped me order ahead of time) and offered to bring us food from the buffet if we didn't think we would have time to get away long enough to get our own food. All of the servers were also fantastic - from interacting with the guests at their tables, to letting us stop them for help taking a picture, to even helping me adjust the bottom of my dress for a shoe picture. Everything was FANTASTIC!
Also - if you are wondering what vegetarian dish to order from them, pick the butternut squash ravioli - I don't like squash, but I could eat those raviolis for days :)

Profile Picture User4536367, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Creative did a great job for my wedding! Food was not one of my biggest concerns for the wedding because I tend to be under impressed by wedding food. I was shocked to hear that people said they loved their food! Creative was also great because they let us customize a "fun" menu consisting of Chicken Parm, Beef Short Rib and Butternut Squash Ravioli. Our passed apps also included mini bagel bites which I thought was fantastic! The wait staff was so attentive to our sensitive eaters including nut allergies, gluten free and picky eaters. They came over several times to those guests to make sure their food was right. We were also able to have an ice cream sundae bar.

Gary is so sweet. Throughout the whole process, he let us change things here and there. I also enjoyed that I got to try some of their menu at their Tasting Night we were invited to. Some vendors were so weird about not letting us try their food. I still don't really understand not being able to taste something you are going to spend thousands of dollars for.

Our venue required a lot of setup including renting tables and chairs. Gary was great with all these details and working with our event planner to get the right vision for what we wanted. It came out perfect!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

5 Stars... that says it all. Gary and Creative Catering were absolutely fabulous for our November wedding. Being so close to Thanksgiving, we chose to have the pork tenderloin and the haddock. We had 5 various appetizers. Some we tried at the tasting and some we did not. After the tasting at the mansion in Beverly, we were confident that any of our choices would be excellent! We loved the food at our wedding but the best part was all the unsolicited compliments we got when we returned from our honeymoon. Today, over a month later, someone called to ask who we used for a caterer. You will NOT be disappointed. Gary & Creative are the best. I plan to use them again sometime soon.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We worked with Gary and Creative Catering for our November 8th wedding at the Smith Barn in Peabody, Ma. Throughout the entire process, Gary and his chef were extremely helpful and professional. Gary went out of his way to find a time that would fit my schedule for a tasting, and he worked with me to decide what I wanted to include in my menu. The food was absolutely delicious!!! In addition to giving me advice on food items, Gary had wonderful ideas that I used when planning my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better catering service! I highly recommend Creative Catering!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 11/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Gary, Annie and the entire staff are fabulous. They responded to all e-mails and calls within 2 days and were friendly and polite. We had 5 passed hors d'oeuvres thst they were able to alter to be vegan for us, and they were all delicious, everyone raved about them! For dinner we had a choice of vegan potato and polenta parve, or the medallion of bistro shoulder tenders, my meat eating friends said the beef was phenomenal and the vegan dish was great as well. I could not be happier with the service the day of. The staff was super attentive and friendly. A great value as well. Do not hesitate to hire Creative Catering for your wedding.

Profile Picture annie, 11/1/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

All of my guests could not stop talking about how absolutely delicious all of the food with. Gary was great to work with throughout the whole process.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

This is the most AMAZING team of caterers. I would recommend them to EVERYONE. Gary, is so nice and friendly and bottom line, on your wedding day.. he delivers hot delicious food, great service, and SO much more.

They offer tastings which are really fun where they sit you with other couples getting married at the same venue as you so you can chat.

We did a buffet style (my family loves to eat) and everything was hot and fresh and portions were huge. My friends and family said the food was amazing and the staff was so unbelievably friendly.

One of the staff members even helped my bridesmaid bussle my dress on the day of the wedding. She was fantastic.

Gary also has reasonable pricing and lets you pay in payments over the phone via credit card. We paid off our whole wedding 4 months prior to the date!

We also had an ice cream sundae bar that guests love. Everyone went home full and extremely happy.

If you are going with anyone but creative, your crazy! They made my wedding day amazing.

Profile Picture User2635094, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone at Creative Catering was wonderful to work with, which is important when you're planning from 3,000 miles away. The food was amazing and our guests claimed it was the 'best wedding food they'd ever had'. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I just wanted to pen a note to say thank you so much for making my daughter's dream wedding come true. The food was fantastic and we couldn't have wanted for anything more. Barbara and her team were wonderful and I am thrilled that everything went so well. Thank you again for helping to make this wedding one that our family and friends will never forget!

Best,
Carol Lund

Profile Picture Carol, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Gary and the Creative Catering team were amazing. The menu was delicious and fit with our New England wedding, and the staff was gracious, efficient, and accommodating throughout it all. Gary's experience with wedding planning helped with aspects of our evening other than just the food. We appreciated Creative Catering greatly and would recommend them to all!

Profile Picture Betsy, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Creative Catering was one of four possible caterers for our venue. I am SO glad we chose them! First of all, after looking at all menus, they had the most extensive and seemed to have the best value.

After attending the tasting, we were totally sold. Everything we tasted was amazing. Gary was very easy to talk to and very responsive. He is very flexible and understanding of any food allergies.

I was always confident in the Creative Catering team and they totally delivered. EVERYONE raved how good the food was (especially the Butternut Squash Ravioli!). The wait staff was excellent. They even sent us home with all the extras (it was a buffet) and even made up some plates for my grandfather who lives alone.

I highly recommend Creative Catering!

Profile Picture User3504364, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Creative Catering did an AMAZING job. The food was amazing, the room looked fabulous & the tables were just beautiful. Everything could not have been any more perfect. They even noticed the DJ was going to make a big mistake with the Bride & Groom first dance and saved the day!

Profile Picture User4321374, 2+ years ago, 1 Review