Creative Cakes Reviews

236 | Tinley Park, IL

236 Reviews for Creative Cakes

Beautiful cakes! Wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Helen · Married on 11/06/2016

These are some of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! We picked Creative Cakes to do our wedding cake because we didn't want fondant and wanted someone who made really good buttercream. That is exactly what we got and so much more!

The service was fantastic and everyone we talked to was so nice and friendly. They had so many examples of different styles of cake decoration to show you it can be a little overwhelming at first if you don't have a good idea of what you want going into the meeting. We had a basic idea and the examples they showed us just allowed us to refine it.

The samples that they let you pick up to try at home are wonderful, my husband and I were able to relax and really think about what kinds of flavors we wanted our cake to have. Plus on your first-year anniversary they will remake the top tier of the cake for you, so we didn't have to worry about freezing it and whether or not it would be edible in a year.

They delivered the cake on time without any issues and everyone loved it. It tasted amazing. I highly recommend Creative Cakes for any cake needs!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

Because we chose Polonia Catering, we ordered our wedding cake from Creative Cakes through them. We chose to have a traditional three tier cake, very simple, to be the cake we cut during the reception. We ordered their Atomic Cake for our ''behind the scenes'' cake to be the cake served to our guests. The tiered cake was exactly what I wanted and we received so many compliments. Since we worked directly with Polonia, we didn't have a traditional consultation but I can assure you both cakes were delicious and I would definitely order from them again!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2016

Our cake was absolutely beautiful! Even better than I imagined! It not only looked amazing, it tasted even better! I highly recommended creative cakes!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Paige · Married on 10/15/2016

From the cake tasting to seeing my perfect wedding cake - everything was seamless and wonderful. Best wedding cake I've ever had - I originally had it at my cousin's wedding 3 years ago and knew it was going to the be place I went for mine. They can do ANYTHING. My cake looked exactly like the photo I sent them. I couldn't believe it. Will always recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Tamara · Married on 10/01/2016

From the cake tasting on, it was a pleasure to work with Creative Cakes. Their cakes are not only beautiful, but so delicious! We had a 4 tier cake and each layer was different. Our favorite cake is the banana cake. It might sound like an odd choice, but try it.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Tonya · Married on 09/17/2016

Creative Cakes is Awesome and will work with couples in creating their dream wedding cake!!! During our cake tasting I provided a picture of my dream wedding cake and they took from there.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/04/2016

Creative Cakes is absolutely phenomenal! From the very beginning when I went in for my cake tasting, I was beyond impressed. Not only did they have outstanding customer service, but they were very attentive to your likes/dislikes and budget and had options to accommodate everyone. They showed us an IPad full of pics of different cake designs, color samples for the icing and decoration, and then provided a sketched out drawing of how the cake would be designed. You got to try tons of different cake samples and honestly, it was the best cake I have ever had! I will now be using Creative Cakes for all my future events!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Cheryl · Married on 08/08/2016

Delicious cake. We ordered a cake for a friends baby shower, their service is excellent and the cake was just delicious. Everyone kept asking me where we got the cake from. All the cakes for future events will definitely be ordered from here

Sent on 02/25/2017

Astrin · Married on 07/23/2016

They were extremely helpful and our wedding cake was delicious! I definitely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Julie · Married on 06/25/2016

The first time we went there we fell in love with their cake. I had so many compliments throughout the night about how good it tasted. Working with them was a pleasure and easy. Definitely a thumbs-up from me.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

Creative Cakes was great! The first time my husband and I went there to taste some wedding cake options, we loved it! The presentation of the samples was great. They bring you out a plate with multiple options of cake and fillings. They asked us right away if we needed/wanted anything to drink. They use ipads to show all the different cake options which I thought was cool. We decided to then use them for our wedding cake and they did an amazing job!! The cake was delicious and we got alot of compliments. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job Creative Cakes!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Michelle · Married on 04/23/2016

We loved our experience with Creative Cakes! They helped us design our cake and it turned out better than we expected! It was also delicious!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Ramona · Married on 04/09/2016

We went in here with a crazy idea for a wedding cake and they went above and beyond! The cake was original and extremely well executed! The colors matched so well too! The cake tasted so delicious and all the guests loved it- I wish I had more of it! Weddings cakes are pricey everywhere, but I can say that this was well spent and worth it. They put a lot of work in to it and really was the perfect cake!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Geneen · Married on 03/19/2016

I used Creative Cakes to help supplement my dessert station at my wedding. They provided cupcakes, cake pops, rice krispie treats and other small pastries. They were great! I went to them at the last minute. They gave me a consultation/private tasting and they were able to execute my vision with about a week's notice. I was very pleased with the quality and display.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Thanks a Pintrest, I decided to have cupcake bouquets at each table for cake and in lieu of traditional centerpieces. I called many many places and everyone said that they would not be able to make what I had my heart set on, until I called Creative Cakes. The tasting was yummy and Beth was so friendly and helpful. We had a few discussions and suggestions on how to best make the cupcake bouquets (at a reasonable cost). We ended up with 15 cupcake bouquets (each with 4 banana, 4 mini white cake, and 4 red velvet cupcakes). The bouquets turned out perfect and we got so many compliments on them! Everyone is still talking about how great they looked and how wonderful they tasted. As we ordered cupcakes, we decided to order a small cake to cut. We ordered a chiffon cake with vanilla bean filling. They decorated with Chicago Bears colors and logos.My husband was so surprised and loved it.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Gabby · Married on 02/17/2016

Beautiful designs and the cakes tastes amazing! Try them out!

Sent on 12/04/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

Having our wedding at Harry Caray's in Lombard allowed us to use Creative Cakes for our cake included in our package.
    They certainly did not disappoint! The tasting was lots of fun and hard to make the choices as all the fillings and cake were delicious! My cake design was simple but the flavors inside were anything but.
    It was a moist cake and the fillings were creamy and decadent!
    Thank you for making our wedding a delicious memory!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Jill · Married on 11/06/2015

Creative Cakes provided us with a cupcake tree topped with a 6 inch cake. It was OUTSTANDING! I received many compliments about the cupcakes and our cake was absolutely amazing. The company is extremely professional and helpful. I dropped off my invitation and the decorators duplicated the scrollwork on the 6 inch cake. My florist dropped off flowers at the venue and Creative Cakes decorated the cupcake tree with the flowers. I also get a freshly baked cake on my 1 year anniversary...cannot wait!! So good!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Great people and great cake! They were very helpful throughout the whole process.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/03/2015

Delicious cake...highly recommend

Sent on 10/15/2015

Linsey · Married on 09/19/2015

We were recommended to Creative Cakes through our caterer. They were very accommodating having us and 2 of our friends to a tasting, giving us samples of all the cakes and even some extra fillings. My husband isn't a cake person and he really liked their cake, which is high praise! They have great designs to choose from and even worked with us to create our own special design. They were also very helpful in working with us to ensure our cake topper would fit and be placed correctly on our cake. The final product was absolutely beautiful! Their attention to detail and customer service definitely set them apart from other bakeries.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2015

We were given a lot of samples of different cake and mousse flavors-- the cake tasting was so fun! They showed us many different styles of cake, as we were unsure what style we wanted. It turned out great, and looked just like we had pictured it! The cake was delicious, and our guests loved it! They were very easy to work with, and provided us with options in order to save on cost. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/27/2015
  • User5419869 · 2+ years ago

First of all, the tasting was one of my favorite meetings with a vendor! They treat you to so many delicious samples of cakes and every one of them tastes amazing! The cake they created for our wedding was everything I ever dreamed! It was so beautiful and done perfectly! People are still raving about how delicious the cake was at our wedding! Their customer service is amazing! They truly care about each customer! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/08/2015

For my wedding, I had what I thought was a pretty intricate cake. I cannot even say how many times people said "That's a real cake??". They were so surprised at how real the cake looked (it was an apple bucket). Aside from the look of the cake, the taste was equally as great. When we first went into taste cakes we thought red velvet for sure. I never thought I would have chose banana cake for the top tier and chocolate for the bottom. Their cake is absolutely delicious. We went to a few cake tastings and even though you have to pay to do a cake tasting (which ultimately goes toward your cake) and no cake tasting was a nice or professional as theirs. Besides, the bakery is ridiculously cute. We will be going there every year for a treat for our anniversary!!

Sent on 08/10/2015