Creative Cakes Reviews

Creative Cakes 5
Creative Cakes 6
Creative Cakes 7

Geneen · Married on 03/19/2016

I used Creative Cakes to help supplement my dessert station at my wedding. They provided cupcakes, cake pops, rice krispie treats and other small pastries. They were great! I went to them at the last minute. They gave me a consultation/private tasting and they were able to execute my vision with about a week's notice. I was very pleased with the quality and display.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Thanks a Pintrest, I decided to have cupcake bouquets at each table for cake and in lieu of traditional centerpieces. I called many many places and everyone said that they would not be able to make what I had my heart set on, until I called Creative Cakes. The tasting was yummy and Beth was so friendly and helpful. We had a few discussions and suggestions on how to best make the cupcake bouquets (at a reasonable cost). We ended up with 15 cupcake bouquets (each with 4 banana, 4 mini white cake, and 4 red velvet cupcakes). The bouquets turned out perfect and we got so many compliments on them! Everyone is still talking about how great they looked and how wonderful they tasted. As we ordered cupcakes, we decided to order a small cake to cut. We ordered a chiffon cake with vanilla bean filling. They decorated with Chicago Bears colors and logos.My husband was so surprised and loved it.

Sent on 04/23/2016

gabby · Married on 02/17/2016

Beautiful designs and the cakes tastes amazing! Try them out!

Sent on 12/04/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

Having our wedding at Harry Caray's in Lombard allowed us to use Creative Cakes for our cake included in our package.
    They certainly did not disappoint! The tasting was lots of fun and hard to make the choices as all the fillings and cake were delicious! My cake design was simple but the flavors inside were anything but.
    It was a moist cake and the fillings were creamy and decadent!
    Thank you for making our wedding a delicious memory!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Jill · Married on 11/06/2015

Creative Cakes provided us with a cupcake tree topped with a 6 inch cake. It was OUTSTANDING! I received many compliments about the cupcakes and our cake was absolutely amazing. The company is extremely professional and helpful. I dropped off my invitation and the decorators duplicated the scrollwork on the 6 inch cake. My florist dropped off flowers at the venue and Creative Cakes decorated the cupcake tree with the flowers. I also get a freshly baked cake on my 1 year anniversary...cannot wait!! So good!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Great people and great cake! They were very helpful throughout the whole process.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/03/2015

Delicious cake...highly recommend

Sent on 10/15/2015

Linsey · Married on 09/19/2015

We were recommended to Creative Cakes through our caterer. They were very accommodating having us and 2 of our friends to a tasting, giving us samples of all the cakes and even some extra fillings. My husband isn't a cake person and he really liked their cake, which is high praise! They have great designs to choose from and even worked with us to create our own special design. They were also very helpful in working with us to ensure our cake topper would fit and be placed correctly on our cake. The final product was absolutely beautiful! Their attention to detail and customer service definitely set them apart from other bakeries.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2015

We were given a lot of samples of different cake and mousse flavors-- the cake tasting was so fun! They showed us many different styles of cake, as we were unsure what style we wanted. It turned out great, and looked just like we had pictured it! The cake was delicious, and our guests loved it! They were very easy to work with, and provided us with options in order to save on cost. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/27/2015
  • User5419869 · 2+ years ago

First of all, the tasting was one of my favorite meetings with a vendor! They treat you to so many delicious samples of cakes and every one of them tastes amazing! The cake they created for our wedding was everything I ever dreamed! It was so beautiful and done perfectly! People are still raving about how delicious the cake was at our wedding! Their customer service is amazing! They truly care about each customer! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/08/2015

For my wedding, I had what I thought was a pretty intricate cake. I cannot even say how many times people said "That's a real cake??". They were so surprised at how real the cake looked (it was an apple bucket). Aside from the look of the cake, the taste was equally as great. When we first went into taste cakes we thought red velvet for sure. I never thought I would have chose banana cake for the top tier and chocolate for the bottom. Their cake is absolutely delicious. We went to a few cake tastings and even though you have to pay to do a cake tasting (which ultimately goes toward your cake) and no cake tasting was a nice or professional as theirs. Besides, the bakery is ridiculously cute. We will be going there every year for a treat for our anniversary!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

I order all my cakes and cupcakes from Creative Cakes. They have the beautiful cakes and always replicate exactly what I want.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Victoria · Married on 07/25/2015

We had such a positive experience with Creative Cakes from start to finish. We worked with Becky P. who was very kind, creative and professional. We came in to do a cake tasting which was such a fun experience. They made us feel like royalty and at the end of trying a multitude of flavors of cake and frosting we chose some delicious flavor combinations. When we were a bit indecisive about our design, Becky made some really great suggestions to help us to create something beautiful that captured our theme. She also worked with us to stay within our budget. On the day of the wedding the cake was absolutely stunning. It went way above and beyond our expectations. It also tasted really amazing and we got lots of compliments about it. Thank you very much Creative Cakes!!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Creative Cakes did such a wonderful job making my perfect cake! The process went so smoothly, from the initial tasting until the time the cake was delivered. It was delicious and beautiful...everyone loved it! I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Leah · Married on 06/28/2015

Creative cakes did a phenomenal job with giving me options in the tasting, following up with the order to make sure they had it right, and making a cake that was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted! All of my guests loved it!

Sent on 07/20/2015

caitlyn · Married on 05/30/2015

Our wedding cake was amazing!!!! It looked beautiful and tasted amazing! Creative cakss did an amazing job in our rustic wood themed cake! It looked perfect! The cake was chifon with white chocolate filling and buttercream frosting. I do not think there was a single piece left over after the wedding! Delicious!!!! They showed up on time and set it all up with the topper. Could not ask for a better bakery!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Kristina · Married on 05/30/2015

I write this as I chow down on the last slice of wedding cake...I visited Creative Cakes because I saw on a food blog that they were rated one of the top wedding cake bakeries in the country. I stopped by and bought some pastries and a cupcake. Everything was delicious, so I decided to use them. Aside from creating tasty desserts, the staff at Creative Cakes is creative and professional. When my fiance and I were 30 minutes late to our tasting due to traffic (we live 3 hours away) they were understanding. When we showed Pintrest pictures of what we were looking for, the woman we met with created a drawing that was spot on with our vision. My mom (who joined us at the tasting) liked the cake so much that she used them for my bridal shower. They created an adorable cake shaped like a Tiffany's box that tasted AMAZING! On the day of the wedding, the wedding cake looked better than anything I've seen online and tasted simply divine. Everyone I've spoken to has said how great the cake was...I highly recommend Creative Cakes!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Alyssa · Married on 04/25/2015

Creative Cakes did a wonderful job with our Wedding Cake! I was planning the wedding out of town and they were great with taking my phone calls and answering emails promptly giving me the information I needed. They allowed me to have two tastings, one that my mom and I went to and one that my fiance and I went to in order to pick the final flavors. I loved how we were able to have three different flavored cakes and two different fillings all in one SLICE to cater to all our guests and their favorite cake. We had a lot of compliments on how the cake looked and was displayed as well as how delicious it was and I am very pleased with our decision!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Erin · Married on 01/17/2015

My husband and I LOVED our wedding cake from Creative Cakes. We chose one tier to be chocolate cake with chocolate filling and butter cream frosting and the other two tiers were banana cake with hazelnut filling and a butter cream frosting. It was all delicious and super moist! One thing that my husband and I really like about Creative Cakes is that if you call in about a week before your first wedding anniversary they will give you a free top tier of your cake. So you do not have to keep your top tier and eat year old cake! The consultant we met with ( I believe her name was Beth) was super nice and friendly. And the designs on our cake were flawless. Our bottom tier had rosettes going around the entire bottom. It looked perfect and it was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Creative Cakes and will definitely be going back to them for future events.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Creative Cakes was wonderful and very helpful throughout our whole planning process. They were very organized which was helpful for us during such a busy time. Highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Trisha · Married on 11/08/2014

Delicious and beautiful cakes!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

Creative Cakes made my wedding cake exactly like the picture that I gave them. Loved it and everyone raved about it. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Their cakes are so delicious. I am actually not a big fan of cake, but I really love everything they make. It is so light and so good! Our cake was beautiful and came out even better than I imagined it would.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Laura · Married on 09/13/2014

We got our wedding cake for Creative Cakes, it was a 4 tiers, 2 where chocolate with a chocolate mouse and the other 2 were banana bread! OHHH my goodness, let me just say - BEST CAKE EVER! it was soooo yummy, everyone absolutely loved it! the design was exactly what i had asked for and it came out perfect!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Kim · Married on 09/12/2014

Creative Cakes in Tinley Park IL, was the best. We were married on 9/12/2014. Our Wedding cake was delish & was decorated Vintage Black & White, we had a white cake with Vanilla Bean. We were very happy with them. Very professional. I Would recommend them anyone! Thank you so much for making our day special.
    Kim & Craig Breier