Creative Cakes by Monica Reviews

Creative Cakes by Monica 1
Creative Cakes by Monica 2
  • I

Ilse · Married on 05/22/2015

Their Flavors are so delicious! Our wedding cake was beautiful!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Jenna · Married on 03/09/2013

Great cake! We got so many compliments at our reception. The price seems high but it was better than a lot of places. Our cake was beautiful. Ordering was easy. We went to Azle, sampled cupcakes and looked at pictures. She even gave us some to take home. She has so many pictures of cakes, we just picked a style we liked and made it our own. 2 days before the wedding I added a sheet cake to the order- no problem. Can't wait to order another cake from here!!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Savannah · Married on 09/23/2018

I was a little hesitant booking my wedding cake with Monica after they were somewhat unprepared a couple times when I came to do tastings, but on the wedding day Monica did not not disappoint. She made beautiful bride and groom cakes and they were delicious (they have a ton of flavors to choose from too). They looked exactly like what I wanted and we got so many compliments. I will definitely be a return customer when I need a cake or cupcakes for an event.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/05/2012

The cakes were incredible!! We had the champagne cake and a chocolate cake. They designed the cake exactly as I wanted and were very flexible to add a few jewels to it to give it a sparkle. They also ordered a jeweled W for me very promptly. The staff was very helpful to come up with a design for the grooms cake; they were very willing to ask a few questions to determine what they could do for various options.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Brooke,
    Thank you so much for the glowing review! I had fun with your cake because I love to do the piping ruffles with that formal look.

Josh · Married on 04/12/2014

Delicious! I found Monica by chance at the last Bridal Show I attended before my wedding and just HAPPENED to try the most amazing cake ball ever! She was just around the corner from my venue and it was a perfect pairing. I set an appointment to meet with her and then the crazy ice storm hit and sure enough she was still open for business and we still had a tasting! She was more than happy to offer suggestions for creative flavors since I am not a traditional white wedding cake kind of bride and when my husband decided we should have an actual cake to cut ourselves they offered to make a larger than life cake ball and first anniversary layer for us at minimal cost.

Monica came and set up everything I didnt have to do a thing and it was so yummy, very moist but not too doughy, just perfect and everyone commented on how good and creative they were. I was very pleased and would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for something ... well ..... CREATIVE!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jazmin · Married on 04/11/2015

3.6
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

This place is sooo delicious! for both wedding cake/cupcakes & the grooms cake was around 500$ which is sooo cheap! but their work is amazing! One day before the wedding I get a phone call saying the lady who we had spoken with and booked with no longer worked there, and what kind of design and ideas did I have for my cake. so with me and the stress I had, and with it being one day before the wedding, just made me FURIOUS at the fact that they couldn't have called days before instead of the day before. but other than that, they did exactly what I said idea wise, which was awesome and I received a lot of compliments on the taste and creativity of the cakes

Sent on 12/04/2014

Paula · Married on 08/31/2013

2.6
      3.0

I ordered my wedding cake here and I regret it. My cake was dropped off at my venue the day of by Monica and I guess in transit part of the fondant had melted off. Instead of letting me (or anyone) know she tried to fix it and left without saying a word. Needless to say when I saw the cake I was very upset. Not only had her temporary fix not held I couldn't get ahold of anyone to fix it. So the following open week day I returned to the cake shop to ask the owner who dropped off my cake. She said it was her and I asked her did she realize the fondant had melted off the cake and her response was, yea it was really hot that day. I tried to fix it but I had another cake to deliver. After I told her that was very unprofessional to just leave it like that and not tell me she agreed she was wrong and offered me 20% off my next cake.
    Not only will I never order another cake from her I want to warn anyone who uses her to beware!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2017

1.6
      2.0

MISTAKES! MISTAKES! MISTAKES! I did my research on wedding wire. However, I did not check other sites which issued notably lower customer sevice ratings on this company. Mistakes with my wedding cake order:
    -They did not deliver the top chocolate tier for my cupcake stand. We were going to save this for our anniversary. Instead, we had to save the top tier from the actual wedding cake and serve smaller pieces of cake to our guests.
    - They did not place the flowers on my wedding cake, that were sitting right by the cake.
    - They did not delivery the chocolate covered strawberries
    - they missed a entire row of cupcakes on my cupcake stand, so the second row was completely empty
    - They shorted me cupcakes

I called the company and was provided with the excuse that they had several weddings that weekend ( my wedding was one Sunday). I was issued a lousy $30 dollar refund after I threatened to call the BBB. However, I feel like I was owed much more due to all of those mistakes. The only reason I did not issue a 0 on my review was because the cake was undeniable delicious. It's such a shame the customer service was so terrible.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Andrea,
    We did try to make it right when you called, and thought we had come to an understanding for reimbursement. However, I do have an issue with you saying you threatened to call the BBB. This never happened. All that we spoke about was the cupcakes being left off one shelf of your stand. The stand you provided held more cupcakes than were ordered, so my delivery person did the best he could. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you were caused, but I do believe that it did not cause any interference at the reception. I'm sure most people were unaware of the issues.

Kandace · Married on 06/03/2012

1.2
      1.0

I was VERY disappointed with our wedding cakes we got from Creative Cakes by Monica. We had planned to do a really great, very personal Grooms cake, which we were told would not be an issue, Monica would be able to make it look exactly like the picture we brought in. We were shown pictures of previous cakes and thought we'd have no issues with her and it would be perfect.
    Come the day of the wedding the grooms cake was horrible and she left out 2 important elements bc she didn't think it would work, which is fine, had she called us to let us know or given us some heads up that she had changed the design. The main part of the cake was horrible, it looked nothing like what we had brought in, and I was so disappointed in it.
    My wedding cake was ok, it was what we ordered but the coloring was a bit off.

The flavors of her cakes are amazing, we loved the taste. I was just super disappointed in the way the looks of our cakes came out, I was so anxious to see them and when I did it was just sad. I even had to go to the bathroom for a few to keep my composer I was so unhappy with the grooms cake. When I went out to talk to her, she was gone, she had just left, didn't say anything to anyone. We called and she never answered or returned our phone calls.

If I had to do over again I would def chose a different baker.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Kandance,
    I am very sorry you were displeased with the cakes. I wish I could have been approached earlier than 6 months after the wedding. I would have tried to compensate you for the issues you had. Again, I am sorry that your were disappointed.

Monica Shearer
    Creative Cakes by Monica
    12-14-12

Baylee · Married on 02/23/2019

Would not recommend

While the cake she did turned out very pretty, it was not what we wanted. We gave her specific details about flavor and looks, and she did the wrong flavor. She also did not use the color we told her to use for the icing. Therefore the cake did not match the colors of our wedding. This was one thing we were really looking forward to, and she did not do a very good job. We were really disappointed when we saw it. I would not recommend using her.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Baylee,
    I am sorry that you were not pleased with your cupcake display at your wedding. I went according to the order we took back in June of 2018, and all the instructions were followed correctly. The anniversary layer for the top of the stand was to be champagne flavored, and I attached the cake top you left for me. The 75 cupcakes ordered were divided into 25 each of carrot, chocolate, and white. Glitter was added to all. The cake balls were to be 75 in total, divided to be half champagne dipped in mauve, and sprinkled in glitter. The other half was strawberry velvet dipped in mauve with maroon drizzle. They were done according to the order. The groom's cake was a 16" chocolate round with the Texas shape on top in champagne. The Tarleton T was added on top. All according to the order. I wish you had contacted me personally with your concerns before putting it on our site, then we may have been able to talk about compensation on your order. When you put reviews on our site before speaking to us personally, it gives us little room to correct an issue before it becomes public. Small vendors like myself count on these sites to provide a professional look at our product, and not being able to post pictures of this "matter" is hard on us. The display was very pretty, and I feel like we did our job correctly.