Creative Cake Designs Reviews

38 | Kent, WA

38 Reviews for Creative Cake Designs

• W

Wema · Married on 10/14/2017

Tracie is amazing. The cake was gorgeous and she transported it all the way to Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop, WA from Kent, WA. Everyone raved at the flavors and how beautiful it looked. She made a couple of flavors and it was for around 150 people. Truly beautiful in every way. It was a pleasure to work with them and we just ordered another cake for a family member's 100th birthday! We will continue to return to Creative Cake Designs. You are the BEST!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Thomas · Married on 02/11/2017

So glad we found them. They make the best cake i have ever had. We did cupcakes with a small cake for the wedding party, and they were fantastic! They delivered and set up the display and cupcakes. and the price was very, very reasonable. They have many many flavors to choose from and every single was was so amazing we almost couldn't choose. If you live in the greater Seattle area, go here and you wont be disappointed. We ordered 8 dozen cupcakes and a 6" round cake with marbled fondant, and the grand total was $415 for all of it including delivery and setup.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Emely · Married on 09/19/2015

I love the owners, especially Robbi, very sweet and passionate about what she does, I am so lucky to have worked with her and I love their cake flavors and designs! They are very reasonably priced, convenient location and very easy to work with. I would definitely recommend her to my close family and friends, she's the best around!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Robbi was so nice and felxible with what I wanted. The color coral that I wanted it to be didn't turn out the right shade since I emailed her a swatch color. I would recommend if you have a certain color request to have a tangible swatch to hand her. The cake was so delicious I didn't even care about the color at that point. I will have her do our sons birthday cakes from now on.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Robin · Married on 07/25/2015

Deciding on a cake baker for our wedding was actually the hardest thing for me to find because I bake a lot and I thought it was absolutely ridiculous how expensive some of the cakes were. We didn't want an intricate design, we didn't even want fondant, we just wanted a good tasting cake with buttercream frosting and the only design elements on there were made by me. So I just kept looking at different cake bakers until finally we found Creative Cake Designs. We went to one of her open house tastings and her cakes were fantastic so we ended up going to another one. I loved that each layer could be a different flavor without any additional price and that the top layer was free for our one year anniversary and that she has lots of cake and filling flavors and you can mix and match as much as you want. The day of our wedding, our cake was absolutely beautiful and the cake was so delicious! I really want to just eat our top layer now because it was so good!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Robbi at Creative Cake Designs was amazing to work with. She is very knowledgeable about cakes and how to make them look great for a great price! Not only do her cakes look great, but they taste great too! She made my brother’s wedding cake and after tasting endless amounts of cake at wedding shows, I knew her cakes were the best you could get! I was so pleased with how our cake turned out and amazed with the great price!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Sara · Married on 01/17/2015

Robbi has done several cakes for me and my family and they have all been so delicious and looked really pretty. My wedding cake was no different. It was exactly what I wanted and it tasted soooo good!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Elyse · Married on 10/18/2014

Robbi was great to work with. Her tastings were fun and she has so many different flavors to pick from. When it got closer to the wedding, Robbi and I emailed a few times back and forth with pictures we were hoping to duplicate and other ideas. She did an amazing job on our cake, and it WAS SOOO GOOD. We met her at the wedding expo, and after trying every cake there, her's was definitely THE BEST. Robbi also was able to make my husband a "grooms" cake, shaped like a football helmet. It was perfect!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2014

We tasted many many cakes, and Robbie's was by far the best. Even at the Seattle Wedding show, this was the only one we really liked. Not only was the frosting delicious, but the cake alone had a wonderful flavor and tasted of quality ingredients. Many places we tried were lackluster on one or the other, or off on proportions. Style-wise Robbie was extremely flexible, basically recreated our cake from a picture that we liked, and it turned out even better than expected. Best of all, this high level of quality was at one of the most reasonable prices we were quoted.

Delivered on time for the wedding and displayed beautifully.

Rather than freezing the top cake for our anniversary, Robbie offered to reduce the cake by the amount of the top tier, and make us a fresh one for our anniversary! We are now counting down the months to this!

Sent on 09/16/2014

I met this vendor at the bridal show in Seattle. They had a lot of cake variarities. We decided to order the Raspberry cream cheese cake that was absolutely delicious. I gave Robbi a picture of the cake design we wanted and she delivered exactly what I wanted :-)
    She was willing to work with me and she even delivered it perfectly on time!
    Our wedding cake was one of the best things at our wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/06/2013

We were more than pleased with our wedding cake from Creative Cake Designs. Robbie did a beautiful job and the cake was delicious! She worked well with us and we will definitely work with her in the future.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Sonya · Married on 08/31/2013

The cake was beautiful and tasted so good! We had three tiers, and each tier was a different flavor. We received so many compliments about how delicious the cake was!

Sent on 09/10/2013

We found them at the wedding show. After testing maybe 12 other cakes, this was the last one, and it was a no brainer. Moist, delicious, and not too sugary (if you choose the right combination, of course). We went with the Buttermilk White cake, with Blackberry Jam, Cream Cheese, and Buttercream. We agreed on this without hesitation.

It's very reasonable for a 100 person cake (free delivery and fine price per person). We also really liked the couple running this place - super cute married couple - just the kind you want making your cake!

I gave them 5/5 on everything. The first four categories were easy - great service, responsiveness, professionalism and value. I can't really speak to flexibility, because we didn't ask them to be flexible. They made a great cake, which we ordered without modification. No reason to give them less than 5.0.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Ruth · Married on 10/19/2012

The experience with Robbi, the baker/owner was wonderful. She was really helpful and easy to work with. I came in with a really vague idea of what I wanted for a cake and she was able to help my husband and I pick something beautiful and delicious. Going to the cake tasting really helped us decide what we wanted flavor wise and her model cakes were helpful in picking a design. She will make a cake with a different flavor in each tier so my husband and I were able to each get exactly what we wanted. The price was right on and she gave us such a beautiful cake. I can't thank you enough for making my day great!

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/07/2012

My wedding cake from Creative Cake Designs turned out EXACTLY how I had envisioned it. Not to metion, these are the best prices you will find for a wedding cake. There was no way we were paying $7-9/slice for 225 guests. CCD was very competetively priced at about $4/slice and the cake was absolutely delicious. Brides, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Gail · Married on 08/14/2011

We could not be happier with our choice of Creative Cake Design for our wedding last year! After getting some somewhat shocking quotes from other bakeries, we were pleasantly surprised upon meeting Robbie. She is just the sweetest person and was so excited to talk to us about our wedding and show us her portfolio. Her prices are extremely reasonable, but I would have paid ten times as much after I tasted her cake! It was the best cake (not just wedding cake, cake period!) that I have ever had. We were across the country at grad school and none of our visits home lined up with her tasting days, so when she found out she made us our own box of all the cake flavors and refrigerated it until we were back in town. The hardest thing about working with Robbie was deciding which flavors to go with! She has so many combinations that were all fantastic, but we finally narrowed it down to a 3-tiered cake with two tiers being chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and one tier being a lemon cake with white buttercream filling. Robbie created a beautiful cake with fondant draping that was accented by our florist with fresh flowers. People raved about how moist and delicious it was, in addition to being beautiful! I would highly recommend Robbie for any cake, we were so happy with our cake!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lisa · Married on 08/21/2010

This cake was everything we wanted! My husband and I are not cake lovers, we weren't even going to have a cake at our wedding. I just happened to taste a bite at a wedding show, and it was so incredibly delicious, it turned me around on the spot and I had to have this flavor of cake for the wedding. It was a white cake with blackberry filling and buttercream & Ambrosia Cream cheese icing. it sounds like it would be too sweet, but it wasn't. It was so moist, it melted in my mouth. I still can't believe I had cake at my wedding, but I'll tell you....it was worth it! Not to mention they delivered to my venue which was such a relief and it looked gorgeous when it arrived! (especially after we decorated it with fresh flowers) Both my husband and I were very, very happy!

Sent on 11/01/2011
  • Pink Tulip

Nikanne · Married on 07/24/2010

Robbi is an amazing lady. We provided her with a drawing and our color palettle. And Robbi delivered exactly what we asked for. We had an elegant and delicious cake on our weddding day. Thank you!

If you would like to see pictures of our wedding, please visit the following link:

These were some pictures that my brother took on our wedding day. We hope you find the images helpful in your decision making process. Good luck!

Sent on 08/06/2010

Jenny · Married on 05/29/2010

Bonnie is absolutely wonderful to work with. She was very receptive to our questions and design ideas. When we started going overboard, she gently steered us in a more tasteful direction.

Her cakes are truly delicious. You want to go to a tasting just to eat the cake! The frosting is not too sweet and the fillings are delicious. She gives you very simple instructions on how to save the top of your cake if you want to do that.

I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/16/2010

Laurel · Married on 10/20/2009

I highly recommend Creative Cake Designs. I was only able to give Robbi about 2 weeks notice before our reception. We met with her about 3 days before our reception and she had the cake at our house before the party. It quite honestly was the best tasting cake I have ever eaten. We are going to have Robbi create anniversary cakes for us - delish!!

Sent on 02/15/2010

Marla · Married on 12/25/2008

We didn't really want a big extravagant cake,we liked the idea of a attractive double layer.Robbie was able to design exactly that.He was on the same page with us from the first day we met up with him.It was very easy to work with him and we loved some of the flavor fillings that we tasted.Our cake turned out amazing it was so yummy and moist.We definitely went to the right place!

Sent on 07/18/2009

Joy · Married on 06/15/2008

Amazing cake, we didn't have any left everyone loved it so much. They had so many flavors to choose from.

Sent on 03/24/2009

Alicia · Married on 07/20/2007

Robbie did a beautiful job on our cake and had it delivered on time and ready to go - which is no small feat with Seattle's traffic! We had the buttermilk cake with raspberry and cream cheese filling, and buttercream frosting. Oh, it was so yummy! the only drawback, is that it rained on our wedding and the green on the cake did bleed a bit, so by the time pictures with the cake rolled around, it had green drips everywhere.

Sent on 05/13/2008

Hayley · Married on 05/12/2007

The cake was simple, beautiful, and uncommonly delicious.

Sent on 04/17/2008

dana · Married on 09/23/2006

very yummy cake! my sister actually ordered my cake for me...but it was a huge success and she even used the same cake place for her wedding too! Very affordable and very yummy!

Sent on 04/14/2010