Creations in Cuisine Catering Reviews

41 | Phoenix, AZ

41 Reviews for Creations in Cuisine Catering

• kat

kat · Married on 10/23/2010

Tony and his crew were so great to work with both before the wedding and the day of. Tony and Basil helped us to create a delicious meal that our guests continue to rave about. The staff was attentive, professional, and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend Creations in Cuisine to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Ariana · Married on 04/17/2010

We attended a wedding 2 years ago that had been catered by Creations in Cuisine - the food was by far the best wedding food we had ever had, so when we got engaged and began to plan our wedding we decided to go with Creations in Cuisine as well. We chose a Southwestern inspired menu for our wedding - the food was amazing!! All of our guests complimented us on the food. The servers were so attentive, polite and professional. We would highly recommend them. Both weddings had wonderful food and service.

Sent on 04/21/2010
  • Bridechilla

Rachel · Married on 10/03/2009

Tony Rea was an absolute joy to work with. He met with me anytime I had ANY questions or concerns regarding the menu, table layout, etc. The food was delicious and far exceeded other caters that cost significantly more! I got soooo many compliments on the Southwestern Buffet menu. The guests LOVED the spicy mac n' cheese {a bride fav}.

I couldn't be more happy with the impeccable food and service we received. I recommend them to everyone...be sure and enjoy a tasting with them {I had to go alone to the tasting but they sent a sample with me to take to my husband...again excellent customer service!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Kate · Married on 09/13/2014

Creations in Cuisine was outstanding! From the initial tasting, to the planning leading up to the event, to the food and service on the day. Our guests raved about how excellent the food was and I felt the service exceeded expectations. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff.
    The pricing was reasonable, and everyone we interacted with went above and beyond. I would highly recommend Creations in Cuisine.
    PS Our wedding was in Sedona, so they had to travel to the event, yet it still went off flawlessly.

Sent on 09/28/2014
  • Kristyn

Kristyn · Married on 03/20/2010

The food was excellent!!!! We are still getting compliments on the food from our guests. Many of our guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The service was great and they are very flexible to work with.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Marisa · Married on 05/04/2017

Amazing food! Everything was setup and broken down quickly and cleanly.
    Our event manager (Carrie) was wonderful to work with and ever so patient with us when we wanted to make changes to our menu, answering emails in a timely manner and updating our quote when needed.
    I recommend doing a tasting if you have time. They take notes on what you like and don't like about each dish and adjust it for your wedding day.
    The serving staff at the reception were friendly, efficient and quick to clear plates. The bartender was quick and had a good memory for who was drinking what. We were very happy with everything they did.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Linda · Married on 06/11/2016

Overall our experience with them was great. We used them for our June 2016 wedding in Sedona. We did have to pay a travel charge for them to come up, but it was reasonable. We had Tara-who was originally employed is now a private bridal consultant and day of wedding planner. She and the owner did a great job with communication up until the wedding day itself. We had used them for the food, table, liens, chairs, plates, cups, etc. It was nice to have it all with one vendor. The food tastings were a great set up and the wedding food itself was just as good! We did 2 action stations-sliders and pasta. Guests loved the food! We did cake pops instead of cake so they helped to arrange getting those for the wedding.
    I did 2 specialty cocktails and I provided the recipes to the owner and also Tara the day of wedding coordinator. My maid of honor overheard the bartender that she was going to “wing” the recipe, as she did not get it. My maid of honor knew I spent hours on finding the right ingredients for my prickly pear martinis so she helped but the actual mixers I purchased for my signature drinks were not used at all (and the box was well label on what they were). But the bartender was kind, would always have a server bring my husband and I fresh cocktails.
    I was also a little upset that they put out cake pops too soon and guests were eating them before we did our cake exchange. This just was a problem with communication of staff.
    Also I paid extra to have Tara as our day of planner but at times it was hard to grab her. We later found out that she was taking care of some unexpected events. She also loaded up our cars at the end of the night with all of our table decor. That was very helpful.
    Frank (head of catering) and Tara did reach out to me after the wedding about my concerns, which I appreciated greatly as I know they both really care about what they do and the people they interact with. I would use both groups again in the future.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/13/2012

We really enjoyed working with Anthony and the team at Creations in Cuisine. They were very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. The food was tasty and they have a great variety of choices and were great with the customizations we needed. The linens looked beautiful and the set up of our event was done flawlessly. The only negative comment was that our wedding size and the layout was known well in advance of the event but the service of dinner was very slow on the wedding date and better preparations for our size and space could have been thought through better to make it more efficient. Dinner was a very long process. Also, we did not get to taste our appetizers because they were put in the wrong room for after the ceremony. Overall we would recommend Creations in Cuisine, they are professionals.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/24/2007

Amazing food! So worth it - we got so many compliments on the food. The only weird thing was, they say they provide flowers for the buffet table, but my florist pulled me aside, and said she changed everything they did (she thought ahead and brought extra), because for my hunter green and white wedding, they had put out orange leaves and pumpkins...hmm...
    But, seriously, don't even think twice - these guys were great!

Sent on 12/09/2007

Anthony · Married on 09/27/2014

We had contracted with Creations in Cuisine Catering for our wedding at the Phoenix Zoo on Saturday September 27.

The food was excellent, was presented well, and we felt that we got great value for what we paid.

Our only complaint about the vendor was that there was a rainstorm on the day of the wedding, the power was out in the venue prior to the start of the ceremony / reception, and the catering company was constantly asking my wife (while she was getting ready for the wedding) whether or not she wanted to cancel and/or reschedule the wedding (something that we were not willing to do as we had over 70 guests in from out of town, and were wanting to figure out any way to proceed forward with the wedding as planned).

However, outside of a freak occurrence caused by mother nature, this catering service was excellent and I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to get a quality wedding caterer.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Robert · Married on 05/21/2016

4.2
      3.5

We used Creations in Cuisine food catering service and bartender for our wedding on May 21, 2016. We had passed hors d'oeuvres (3 choices) and a plated meal (2 choices) with wine service at dinner. We had a full open bar, we provided the alcohol and they provided the bartender and mixer package. Amy at Creations in Cuisine was great to work with and always replied promptly to emails. She was very flexible with us working on the menu and adding a few things last minute (linens, glassware, etc). Guests said they enjoyed the food and the waiters kept everyone's wine glasses full during dinner. The servers were good and meals were plated properly and timely. Guests said they enjoyed the food and there were no major complaints, so I would recommend them for sure.

The one area I think could be improved was the bartender. He was fine and friendly, but didn't seem to want to do more than the bare minimum. We had planned to have signature drinks, but he said he never received the recipes even though I had emailed them to Amy a few days earlier. To be fair we didn't get him all the ingredients he needed, but I think a good bartender can fake it a little bit or get creative - he was just going through the motions. At one point my wife asked him for a glass of water and he handed her a Bud Light. He also didn't seem to know where some of the wine and liquor we had purchased was even though our day of coordinator said she explained everything to him. In the end it was fine and everyone got drunk and had fun, but that could have been a little smoother.

Sent on 06/11/2016

4.2

Creations in Cuisine did a great job for us. Our wedding was outdoors and was very chilly but they managed to plate everything timely and the food was still hot! The food was also very delicious. I was very happy overall with the service, we did a dessert buffet and there was a little confusion with not having any plates or silverware but they seemed to work it out last minute. Overall it was a success!

Sent on 02/07/2016

Tiffany · Married on 03/21/2010

I planned my wedding from Milwaukee, WI to have our wedding in Arizona. I was able to personally customize our dinner meal. The food was delicious! We were able to save the left overs too, so the food did not go to waste. Everyone was so friendly and helpful! I was also able to order my flowers with their help.

Sent on 04/08/2010

3.8
      3.5

The food at my wedding was absolutely phenomenal. It was hot, fresh and the quality was great. However, the actual service at the dinner was somewhat lacking. The service staff was friendly, however we asked for butter three times for our bread before we received it. Some guests didn't get a meal until they asked for it and other guests did not get butter or other items at all. Additionally, it was unclear that the actual servers were not also going to be serving beverages during dinner, so guests either did not get a drink or it took an eternity for them to bring it. I would definitely recommend asking for beverage servers for your event, although we didn't know that the original servers were not contracted to serve beverages. I would definitely recommend this caterer as the food was great however the service was lacking slightly.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Traci · Married on 10/14/2006

3.8
      3.0

Our food turned out wonderful! We received many compliments it. Creations in Cuisine did a great job with creating the menu that we wanted, doing a tasting to ensure we were satisfied with it, and presented it that night wonderfully! The fact that we served "grown up" grilled cheese at wedding will be talked about for a long time! And they were exactly the way we wanted them...perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2007

jessica · Married on 02/10/2007

3.6
      3.0

Great food! We had only wished we had more funds to have had a more elegant setting.

Sent on 08/29/2007