Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort Reviews

61 | Lenox, MA

61 Reviews for Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Lilzrockz · Married on 10/06/2018

Recommend Cranwell without hesitation!

Cannot recommend the Cranwell more! The event planning team makes decisions easy--they are responsive and accommodating. Food is amazing, and you can't beat the view for an outdoor ceremony!!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/18/2016

Our wedding at the Cranwell was literally PERFECT. I don't even know where to begin with the exceptional service we received. The wedding coordinator, Megan, was so organized and made sure every little detail was covered on our big day. Weeks after the wedding, our guests are still commenting on how amazingly beautiful the resort was and how they felt as though they were at a destination wedding on vacation. Our event had a buffet, and I was so impressed at how fresh and awesome the food tasted for a crowd of almost 80 people. Thank you so much to the Cranwell for making the most important day of our lives so far a perfect one. :)

Sent on 09/30/2016

Caroline · Married on 09/17/2016

Great experience from start to finish. My wedding was perfect. Megan and the entire staff at the Cranwell are awesome.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

We got married at Cranwell September 3, 2016. To say it was the most perfect day would be an understatement!! Megan Hajduk was extremely helpful with all our planning. We worked with her for a year and she always responded promptly and with a smile. Rosa did my bridesmaids hair and they all looked beautiful!! She was so much fun and helped each lady become whatever they wanted for the day. Felisha Pulley did my hair and makeup and honestly I've never felt more beautiful in my life. She was fun, upbeat and took her time to perfect her art. Anyone getting married in the berkshires do yourself a favor and book your hair and makeup with Felisha, she books up fast! Nick Grimaldi took the Harvest Barn from plain jane to a my personal fantasy wedding venue. He was extremely professional and kind. Before I walked down the aisle I somehow forgot to pull my veil over my face and he helped me and sent me on my way with some very touching words. Cranwell exceeded all of my and my husbands expectations! Thank you for making my fairy tale come to life!

Sent on 09/27/2016

My now husband and I wanted to put together a wedding in less than 6 months. We met the Cranwell wedding coordinator, Megan, at a bridal show and were instantly impressed by her professionalism and flexibility. As frequent visitors to Lenox, MA, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that a wedding at the Cranwell was in our budget. The best part of working with the Cranwell team was that they have a lot of experience with weddings and I felt completely comfortable with their suggestions. The vendors on their recommendation list are very good at working with one another and all of them worked within our budget. Megan listened to our needs during our first meeting and helped us create a wedding that was perfect for us. We wanted a small wedding and ended up with over 100 people attending and Megan let us know that she would perfectly accommodate whatever number we ended up with.
    I used the Cranwell spa services for hair and makeup for myself and bridal party and we were all blown away with how good they are - everyone looked amazing!!
    The best part of our Cranwell wedding was that our big day went off calmly, smoothly, without any drama or hiccups. Everything was so well organizied that I was able to be very calm - and the big day can be very nerve-wracking and emotional so that was a huge bonus. During the tasting we felt that the food was just ok (not bad at all, but not excellent). At our wedding, the chef and the team made amazing food - filet mignon that was so tender our guests did not need a knife to cut it. Servers were friendly and kind to our guests. We had a couple of high maintenance guests and the Cranwell dealt with them brilliantly. They kept me aware of what was going on but shielded me from the drama. I'm very appreciative of that.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Jennie · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot begin to describe how amazing Cranwell was before, during, and after our wedding. Megan and team were with us every step of the way.
    Before our wedding Megan dealt with our many requests, changes, and multiple communications. During our wedding there were three power outages. (The entire town on Lenox lost power.) I didn't even realize there was no power during my ceremony as Megan kept everyone cool, calm, and collected. During my reception the power went out, but night Manager Nick was amazing running through the kitchen to find power and get the reception back up and running. The brunch the next day was fantastic!
    The guests could not say enough about the helpful staff and wonderful atmosphere. The food was fantastic. Prior to my wedding, we had a luncheon in the bridal suite and it was delicious. Our appetizers and dinner were also superb. Thank you Cranwell!!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Mike · Married on 10/17/2015

We held our wedding and reception at The Cranwell Resort on October 17th, 2015 and overall the experience was amazing. Here are the highlights.

- Megan Hajduk, the coordinator and the rest of the Cranwell staff. Megan is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is caring, flexible, responsive, professional and just overall a wonderful person. Working with her alone was enough to make all the planning and execution of the wedding an enjoyable experience at Cranwell. We had some potential sketchy weather and Megan worked with us down the last couple hours with regards to having a backup in place if we needed to make a last minute change.

- We held the wedding outside and had the reception in the main ballroom. Both locations are beautiful and worked perfectly for our ~130 guests.

- The food was amazing both with a wide variety of flavors and in the overall quality of the food. The wait-staff that worked the event were excellent as well, adapting on the fly to some changes in our schedule.

Overall, I could not be happier with our experience and would highly recommend this venue to others.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Cranwell was the perfect place for a wedding. The ballroom is breathtaking with large floor to ceiling windows looking out on to the mountains. Fortunately our ceremony and cocktail hour were both able to be held outside with great views of the mountains as well.
    The resort was extremely accommodating to all of our guests. They were able to get priority at the spa and for golfing. The hotel rooms, especially the mansion rooms were beautiful and extremely spacious. The bridal suite is so large and striking you really feel like you live in a mansion for the weekend.
    Everyone at the cranwell was extremely helpful and Megan and her staff took care of almost anything my husband and I could have possibly thought of. The staff made the entire weekend effortless and easy for us which is exactly what you want on your wedding day.
    Other then that the food was delicious breakfast lunch and dinner were all scrumptious.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jacqui · Married on 08/22/2015

We had a petite elopement wedding at the Cranwell and the staff, service, accommodations and food were exquisite! The grounds were beautifully manicured and every person we met was extremely professional, friendly, and attentive to our needs. The mansion is beautiful and very comfortable. On the eve of the wedding, we were surprised with a lovely bottle of champagne and tray of freshly dipped chocolate strawberries. We can't wait to return for our anniversary next August! Thank you!!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Our wedding at Cranwell was all we could have dreamed of and more. Leading up the big day, Megan and Lyndsey always answered our email inquiries with prompt and informative responses. They kept us on track and made planning a smooth and minimally stressful process. Any time we had a question, we could keep calm and email Megan or Lyndsey! We got married at a church in Lenox but had our reception afterwards at Cranwell. The view of the mountains at the cocktail hour couldn't be beat. All of the servers were kind, fun, and flexible with all of our requests. During our introductions to the ballroom, we were so impressed by how smoothly the Cranwell team operated. Donna and Lyndsey held the doors open until the time in our introduction song when we were scheduled to enter the ballroom. Then Donna was there to guide us through details during the reception like how to cut the cake and where to stand for the bouquet toss. The ballroom was an absolutely beautiful setting and the food at the reception was delicious and we got great feedback from all of our guests on it! Finally, the bridal suite was an amazing space to get ready in. The Cranwell Spa team handled hair and makeup smoothly. And when we returned to the suite after the reception the space had been cleaned, and there were champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, and all of our gifts waiting for us. Cranwell was always one step ahead of us and we couldn't be more grateful to the entire team there for making our wedding perfect. We highly recommend this venue without hesitation, thank you Cranwell!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Megan · Married on 07/25/2015

Cranwell and Megan were amazing to us! Every possible detail was covered, response time was immediate throughout the whole process and we could not have been happier! The wedding weekend was absolutely amazing and stress free because of the staff and their attentiveness to every aspect of our wedding. It was the best weekend ever!!!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Georgia · Married on 07/11/2015

Perfection. Beautiful venue, responsive staff, excellent food. Our 07.11.15 wedding could not have been better. From the champagne waiting for our guests on their arrival at the ceremony, to the gorgeous cocktail hour on the veranda (with a standout raw bar!), to the rocking reception in the ballroom, Cranwell met and then exceeded even our highest expectations.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Patricia · Married on 02/21/2015

The Cranwell was everything my husband and I wanted and more!!!!

The Cranwell Resort was an absolutely amazing place to have my wedding reception! I do not know where to begin exactly because from the first time my husband and I met with Megan Hajduk, the coordinator, to leaving a few days after the wedding...everything could not have been more perfect. The day of the wedding was absolutely, perfectly, wonderful. The Spa staff, specifically Maura Stanton, the Spa Service Coordinator, and Bridget Coughlin, the head stylist, were very talented and able to handle a large group of 14 women getting their hair and make up done...and we finished with plenty of time to relax before the ceremony started at 1:00.
    From the start Megan was able to make planning our wedding stress free. She often would be sending an email with information before I could ask a question. She was prompt, polite, and efficient. Megan responded to questions within 24 hours, which was huge during the planning part of the wedding.
    The day of the wedding leading to the reception to the "after party" snacks, the Cranwell staff and Megan were five star all around. The food, the drinks, and the staff were non stop throughout the evening. Nick, the wedding/dining manager was also amazing. Very attentive and stayed as late as my husband and I to make sure everything was taken care of. The entire staff at The Cranwell was absolutely amazing...I cannot say enough great things about our wedding. There is nothing that I would change!!!!

Our guests have emailed and called stating that it was the absolute best wedding they have ever attended.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Abby · Married on 01/02/2015

My husband and I found the entire staff at Cranwell proffesional and a pleasure to work with. Specifically, Megan Hajduk and Nick Grimaldi worked tirelessly to be sure every detail was attended to. All our wedding venue needs were met on budget and on time. And the novelty of getting married in a Berkshire mansion? Priceless! It was a beautiful day. Thank You Cranwell!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 12/06/2014

AMAZING! Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff went above and beyond, all requests were fulfilled, and the venue was gorgeous. Our wedding was more than we ever dreamed it would be.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Cindy · Married on 11/01/2014

The staff at Cranwell are unbelievable! Our wedding planner (Megan) and the Food and Beverage Manager (Nick) were both fantastic. We had lots of specific instructions and their attention to detail was amazing. All of the staff were wonderful and our guests could not say enough good things about them. The venue is beautiful, the food was superb and the service was the best! Thank you so much for making our wedding weekend so memorable!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Rebekah · Married on 10/25/2014

Incredible to work with from day one. I could not be happier with our decision. It was the best day of our lives, very much due to the professionalism and experience of Cranwell.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Clare · Married on 10/11/2014

Thank you, Megan! We couldn't be happier with how well everything went!

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/27/2014

Our daughter was married at the Cranwell Resort and the service was outstanding. Every request in the months leading up to the wedding was handled quickly and on the actual weekend they took very good care of us and our guests.....everything was perfect.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Quality was superior in all aspects of our function.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Christina · Married on 07/19/2014

Cranwell helped make my wedding magical and memorable. I can't wait to return again!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Cranwell did a wonderful job working with us to organize our reception dinner. Megan was a pleasure to work with and the staff was very professional and all of our guests were very pleased with the space, the atmosphere, and the food. We would definitely recommend Cranwell to others.

Sent on 08/02/2014
  • User3511992 · 2+ years ago

We recently had our wedding reception at Cranwell and it was a wonderful experience from start to end. Megan was fantastic to work with- very responsive to email and easy to contact (which was important to us as we planned this wedding across the country). Megan and the staff took great care of my wife and I before, during, and after the event. The room was set beautifully. The night went smoothly without a hiccup, Donna and the waitstaff executed the service just as we had planned and we didn't have to worry about anything. The venue itself is beautiful. All of our guests had a wonderful time and we have so many wonderful memories of our reception thanks to all the staff at Cranwell.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Thank you Cranwell Resort for an amazing wedding weekend. We could not be any happier with all of the services that were provided by the amazing staff at the resort. Our guests were all extremely comfortable and happy with their accommodations on the property. The staff made everyone feel like they were the couple getting married! We used many of the different rooms for weekend events and everything was done in an extremely professional way. The food was AMAZING!! The chefs did an unbelievable job making sure all dietary restrictions were met. The event coordinator on staff was WONDERFUL to work with and made sure not one detail was missed. Thank you again everything!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Eva · Married on 05/31/2014

I'm finally coming down from the absolute high that was my wedding and looking through a reflective lens, I can honestly say, I would not change a thing. When faced with the task of planning a wedding in approximately six months, I knew that I needed to choose a venue that was relatively "self-contained." When we visited the Cranwell in December, we thought it was the perfect venue, but I was sure it was out of our price range. When we expressed our concerns to Megan, the in-house coordinator, she assured us that they could work with us to keep costs down and she made good on that promise, and then some.

What is so great about the Cranwell is that you get the benefit of a full service resort and a hospitality group composed of seasoned all-star pros so I really never had to worry about anything slipping through the cracks. Everyone from the hair and makeup team to the waitstaff to the bartenders, but especially Megan (and the day-of coordinator, Donna) was absolutely fantastic to work with. Even housekeeping was completely on the ball - the suite (which is incidentally ENORMOUS and right upstairs from the reception) was left a mess when we started photos and when I came back to change my shoes after the ceremony, the room was all straightened up!

To make our lives even easier, we decided to keep everything, including the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and after-party on-site and what's so special about the Cranwell is that because of how big it is, each event was held in a different space, with an entirely different feel from the next. The food was fabulous, the wine was flowing and the bartender at Sloane's even made sure to save me a slider at the after-party (the attention to detail couldn't be beat)!

On top of all this, it is such a beautiful place to spend 3 days. Everyone was so impressed with the beauty of the surroundings and the elegance of the resort and it truly made for a "fairy tale" setting for our wedding. We couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 06/24/2014