Cozy Caterers Reviews

Cozy Caterers 6
Cozy Caterers 7
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/31/2019

So glad I picked up the phone and called!!

From beginning to end, working with Cozy was amazing. When you look at their prices, you might second guess. How could something so incredible be so reasonable?? Don’t overlook them because of this!! TRUST them because of this!! The value is incredible. Everyone raved about the food and service at our wedding. When I called Mark, he didn’t know me from Adam. Yet he was willing to personalize a menu for me and with me. From our first phone call, I knew I made the right choice. Do yourself a favor and book them now!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/03/2018

We planned a last minute wedding and Christina was incredibly helpful and easy to work with. I also have celiac so she made the entire menu gluten free so I didn’t have to worry. I can not say enough about how delicious the food was, Ken the chef was amazing. Everyone was impressed and didn’t realize the menu was gluten free. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Eileen · Married on 08/12/2017

Mark and his team were great! They were very easy going. Our price included flowers a wedding cake, cupcakes , linens, table settings , apps and an amazing dinner! You can tell Mark has been doing this for a long time ! Everything went a smooth as could be! The food was amazing, my two and three year old wouldn't eat dinner so Mark sent one of his employees for happy meals! Ketchup on my dress, Mark was right there to get it off! Thank you for making our day perfect!
    We will be using cozy catering for work events and family parties in the future!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Erin · Married on 11/21/2015

Mark and his team were amazing!!! I truly could not have survived the wedding or the planning process without his guidance, support and laughter!! The food was great and they were so accommodating for our lovely guests who wanted to change their meals at the wedding(!!!)! Mark, kept my husband and I on schedule, brought us drinks and kept us fed through out. I would recommend Cozy Caterers to everyone! They are the best bang for your buck!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Matt · Married on 09/08/2013

After a long search for a caterer, Cozy Caterers came out on top as one the more unique menus in the area as well as the most easy-going. Mark guided us beautifully through the whole process and helped ease any anxieties we may of had. The folks at Cozy went above and beyond expectations. We received raves from our guests about the food, both in quality and selection. They took on roles that made our wedding much simpler and problem-free. Everyone in the team was very professional and super friendly.

Do yourself a favor and trust Cozy Caterers for your event. We can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Hayley · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I were thrilled with the quality of service we received from Cozy Caterers for our May 26th wedding! We have been receiving non-stop compliments from our family and friends about the food and level of professionalism exhibited from the Cozy Caterers staff.

The whole team, especially Mark, were creative and flexible when it came to our needs; we wanted a family style BBQ dinner. Not only did they execute flawlessly, they suggested creative ideas to take our "boardwalk" theme to the next level!

Thank you to Cozy Caterers for making our wedding a success and a party that all our friends and family will remember!

Sent on 07/02/2013

B · Married on 10/22/2011

I love the staff and my event manager Mark Brown i love him!!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Colleen · Married on 04/14/2018

Mark and his team are AMAZING. The food was wonderful- we got so many compliments on it. Cozy was professional, easy to contact and just fun to be around from the very beginning. We loved our tasting with them and we loved our final product.

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Haroutiun

Haroutiun · Married on 05/27/2012

Cozy Caterer is the company we hired for our wedding May 27, 2012. After our first meeting with Cozy we just knew that they were going hire them for our wedding. Marc the manager was soo polite and helpful. The prices were beyond reasonable for the quality of food that was delivered. And what sold us was the fact they allowed us to include our ethnic food into it. My mother-in-law made some ethnic desserts and they were more then happy to allow us to do so. We had searched other vendors and all of their menus were fixed but Cozy allows the flexibility of mixing things up. I love that!! The Cozy staff at our wedding was on top of everything at every table. Our guests gave us numerous compliments about how the staff was smiling the whole night. That made us feel great about choosing Cozy....Service with a smile! :)

Sent on 07/17/2012

Mary Beth · Married on 11/11/2017

The meal was fantastic and our guests especially loved the pulled pork. The serving of the meal was efficient and the staff was very friendly. I found that once we arrived (after photos) Tory had everything ready, the guests were being well cared for, and Tory took us in hand and made sure that the wedding moved ahead smoothly. The next day when we arrived to pick up what was left, the venue was spotless. From start to finish, Tory made sure that we did not have to worry about the details. Because of this we were able to fully enjoy our son's wedding and he and his lovely bride had as much fun as the guests.
    There was a problem with the tent company and the issue could not be resolved on the spot, however, Tory did her best to mediate the situation and went to bat for us and helped us come to a resolution that was completely satisfactory.
    We would definitely call again if we needed to hire a caterer. Tory did a beautiful job.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Christine · Married on 09/17/2017

We had a great experience. People did not stop talking about the food. The one thing we wish our wedding party got the appetizers. They missed out because of pictures and they were disappointed!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Shannon · Married on 08/31/2018

Christine was fantastic to work with, so patient and flexible in helping us put together a bar package for a client’s wedding!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Marcy · Married on 06/17/2017

3.5

We worked with Tori who was pretty amazing! She responded promptly, had great ideas, was flexible when we changed those ideas, delivered food to us from cocktail hour while we took some photos, and even bustled my gown!!!! She was a rockstar professional. They only disappointing part we experienced was that the cake was not served to our guests but placed on a table and our cake top was not saved. Our guests said the food was good and the Chowdah was awesome. Overall a good experience.

Sent on 06/29/2017

A · Married on 08/04/2018

3.0

The food was delicious! Everyone couldn’t stop talking about it. The staff was professional and paid attention to every detail.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/01/2011

They were very helpful while planning. There was a ton of food for a very fair price.

Sent on 12/27/2011

Michaela · Married on 07/01/2017

3.4
      3.5

Mark and Co. were able to give us a fabulous station menu that was within our budget. The food was extremely popular with our wedding guests. They were also able to accommodate our very specific beverage requests. Cozy Caterers could have been a bit more responsive and clearer with information, but luckily I was a low-key bride.

Sent on 08/10/2017

ashley · Married on 10/10/2011

2.6
      2.5

The day of our wedding, we got pulled away for photos, and when we returned our food was gone. I only had a bite of each thing on my plate prior and hadn't ate all day. It was hot out, I had a glass of Sangria and no food in my stomach so I got sick! My husband asked for another plate of food, only to find out that they threw away all of the food!! So, I went on feeling awful the rest of the night. Very disappointing!! We were denied a typical food tasting because we were not spending thousands and thousands of dollars like most of their customers. Dennis told us that it would not be cost effective for them. We had a small wedding of 50 people, it was a buffet style with paper plates, so our budget was small for them ($2k). Dennis did end of arranging to take us to Wes' to try some things, but we didn't get to taste our cake till we cut the cake, and we did not like it. During our very first meeting with Dennis, he went on to tell us all about the different table cloth options they had for us, napkins, plates, etc. He told us that would be included and that I would not need to confirm that with him until about a month before. So, a month before the wedding, I confirmed with Dennis the final details regarding the table cloth colors, etc. and that was when he told me, colored table cloths, etc. would be an extra charge! Seeing as it was so close to our wedding and we had already budgeted down to the last penny, we could not add in anything extra. We ended up getting tan table cloths, which he managed to work out for us with the same price, he originally gave us. We really felt like they stopped "impressing" us, the second they realized we were not spending thousands & thousands of dollars on their service (our total was $2k). I feel like regardless of price, we should still have had the same service as a higher paying Bride & Groom.

Sent on 03/06/2014

2.0

They catered our wedding with appetizers, fruit, cheese, crackers, hummus and pasta station. We also opted for iced tea and lemonade along with the candy bar. The owner, Mark, was fine to work with but didn't show up on our wedding day because he had a larger event. His help couldn't manage a 36 person wedding. They showed up late, weren't ready for guests, no ice or fruit in drinks as we were told, the candy bar station was five bowls of Christmas tree shop candy, nothing like we were shown in pictures. Nothing was labeled, staff didn't have enough appetizers for guests, pasta station was one woman with an 8" skillet, guests had to figure out when items were ready, no direction at all. I emailed Mark from reception because my bride was upset, that was May 2, 2015. Mark never got back to me in regards to what happened.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2016

0.6
      0.5

I have given myself 1 year to reflect on my experience with Cozy Caterers. They catered our New Year's Eve wedding in 2016. I wish I had cancelled and gone with someone else.

In short: There was no pre-planning outreach done from Mark Brown, Cozy's director, to me leading up to our wedding date, and my friend/colleague who was acting as our day-of point person spent over two weeks negotiating our relationship with Cozy Caterers. After our wedding, the Cozy's owner first seemed sympathetic with we met with him (at his other business, Wes's Rib House) and told us that Mark's actions were "uncharacteristic," but then informed us later in writing that we did not receive any prep or meetings from Cozy because we had a station menu and not a course-by-course menu.

Then, the company’s site blogged about our wedding (with cell phone photos taken by their staff) without our consent or knowledge the same week we met with the owner. In addition to writing to the owner to confirm that we were requesting a resolution about our concerns, as we had not heard from him a month after meeting with him, I wrote a second letter requesting the removal of the blog post. The post was taken down without apology or acknowledgement. I only received a response back from the owner saying that we were getting nothing back for our experience and lack of prep. In fact, if we left any sort of review that ventured into slander, we should expect legal action. How fun!

What do I ultimately wish I would have done? I could and should have looked around for a replacement caterer at 90 days, when I originally tried to reach out to Cozy Caterers a year after booking and received a dismissive response. I didn’t feel good about not having a dialogue with a vendor who was taking over 40% of our budget. Everyone I spoke to told me it was abnormal, and by the time I knew it was truly wrong, I I felt it was too late to rebook. It wasn't. You CAN find someone else.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Joe · Married on 09/17/2017

0.6
      0.5

Cozy caterer's did our wedding this weekend. We were extremely disappointed and frankly embarrassed with the food quality, service and the lack of sanitary practices. The "cook", servers, and coordinator were sweating like crazy, constantly wiping their sweaty heads with their hands, no hair nets or gloves were used while handling any of the food. The bread was extremely stale, you couldn't even chew it, I'm assuming it was previously frozen. There were many guests, including us (the B&G) that were never asked if we wanted any of the passed horderves. I don't know if they didn't have enough or if they just kept serving the same guests. The Italian station food was all par-cooked or previously cooked and frozen then re-heated in ovens in the garage. GROSS is being polite. The chicken parm was like cardboard, The bride and groom were last to eat, no one ever waited on us once all night, no special treatment whatsoever. The beverage service left a lot to be desired, we supplied all of the booze and they were pouring tiny pours, forcing guests to needlessly get up and wait in line, many times.(my guess is this was done on purpose in an attempt to raise their tip amount). The crew was supposed to clean and remove all of the linens, organize the area for the rental equipment to be picked up by their partner vendor. They left trash, cups, napkins and leftover food all over the tent. They were supposed to return all the un-used alcohol to the garage and secure it. Unbeknownst to us, They left it all outside in the tent, which was extremely careless. Any of the neighborhood kids could have gone in the tent overnight or the next morning and there could have been a very serious issue. When it was time to wrap up, not one person from the crew came to find either of us to discuss the night, any issues, ensure items were secure, nothing, they all just screwed. Several of us witnessed some of the staff drinking, which I assumed was normal but should not happen. NEVER AGAIN!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Cozy Caterers's reply:

Setting up a wedding is labor intensive and being that it was 83 degrees and high humidity, it was very hard not to sweat. Our culinary team is trained to use gloves on site for handling food. Like many caterers, we prep everything in our commissary and finish onsite at the venue location. Guests as well as the bride and groom were served pass hors d'ouevres. The bride and groom kept denying the passed hors d'ouevres when asked. Our bartenders are certified and are under rules and regulations of the RI Dept of Business Regulations on how much we can pour liquor into mixed drinks. The bride and groom were the first ones to be served salads at dinner and while the stations were open the wedding couple were greeting guests while the family tables went up first to eat. There must have been a miscommunication between the wedding couple and Cozy Caterers. In our meeting with the wedding couple, they said they planned to have an after party in the tent and wanted us to leave the tables in tact with linens and chairs up. Typically at the end of the night, we break the tent down. We were told to put the liquor in the coolers that were left by the wedding couple. We would welcome a phone call or in person meeting with the wedding couple to discuss all matters at hand.