Cover Me Badd Reviews

Cover Me Badd 4
Cover Me Badd 5
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 01/16/2016

We can't recommend Cover Me Badd enough! First off, Mike was incredibly helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding. We knew we were in good hands since day 1, and he made sure that we were completely on the same page heading into the wedding. We had an idea on some of the music we wanted to hear during the day, but Mike has lots of fantastic recommendations making it easy for us to make the day perfect. The day itself was amazing - with many thanks going to Mike and his band. Many bands/venues recommend that you hire a DJ in addition to a band, but Mike and the Cover Me Badd crew could do it all - and did it all perfectly. The band played with my now husband and his brother as a special surprise performance dedicated to their parents (they learned some songs for us for this!) - it was one of the the highlights of our day. I can't even begin to describe how awesome the band's actual performance was! Our guests absolutely LOVED Cover Me Badd! Whether our guests were sitting and watching the performance from a distance or if they were jumping around on the dance floor like most of our guests, Cover Me Badd made our wedding one that our friends and family won't ever forget (and they are still talking about them now almost a month later)! We can't thank Mike and the Cover Me Badd crew enough for making our day everything we dreamed of and more! :)

Sent on 08/01/2016

Brigette · Married on 11/21/2015

We cannot say enough about CMB! By far the best investment we made for our wedding. Any bride and groom will be lucky to have this group play at their event!

They go above and beyond to ensure you have a party of a lifetime. Our guests never left the dance floor. All our guest and hotel vendors were so amazed by their performance! CMB not just performed but also interacted with our guest down on the dance floor which made a big difference!

They provide a timeline "cheat sheet" which made our program seamless, then a conference call to ensure all details are covered, from the pronunciation of the bridal party names to the little games you want to play throughout the night. Everything is custom tailored to what YOU want. Did I mention they also MC the event?! Mike (manager) is professional, down to earth, and super easy to work with. They even learned special songs for our first dance, father daughter dance, mother son dance and last song to end the night "Starship!" Before our wedding, Mike went out of his way and met with our event coordinator to make sure all the requirements are met. Booking this band is a no brainer if you are on the fence. Many many thanks again to Mike for being the easiest manager to work with and the members of the band who rocked out on our special day! You certainly made our wedding an event to remember!

In you need proof check out their schedule online and watch them live! You won't be disappointed! Again, we truly love this band!

Brigette and Jet
    11.21.15

Sent on 11/25/2015

Megan · Married on 11/14/2015

If you're considering having a band at your wedding - go with Cover Me Badd! They played at our wedding and everybody was on the dance floor the whole time and has completely raved about them even after the event. Mike who is the plays bass and manages the band totally works with you all throughout the year up until the day of your event to make sure you've got everything the way you like it. He is super organized and the band was completely professional. We definitely got our money's worth with these guys. And it was such a better experience having them at our wedding than going with just another ordinary DJ. They know how to energize a crowd of all ages.

Book them - you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Judy · Married on 09/19/2015

Wow!! We had an emergency three weeks prior to our wedding with our other band we had booked and it was a good thing we did, not only did MIke from Cover me Badd save our wedding, him along with the band made our wedding the most epic, off the charts wedding of 2015!! Cover me Badd is so professional, organized, and can get and keep the crowd at a high energy all night long. We had so much fun with this band and everyone we talked to has said, "OMG, your band rocked, they made your wedding over the top" .....well we could not agree more. Not only the day of and the music but Mikes attention to detail and planning was amazing, He sent me a planner that covered everything and he made sure it all went down just like that. I did not stress or worry about anything that day, and that says it all. Mike had my back all the way through my day. We found a new band, became friends with them and partied with them like we had known them forever.....Completely worth every penny we paid. Thank you for your huge part in our EPIC wedding of a lifetime!!!! Thanks so much again!!! Frank and Judy

Sent on 10/15/2015

Mike · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Cover Me Badd! These guys show up in a big, big way. From being helpful and responsive during the planning process, to putting on a great show, to helping everyone get involved in a non-hokie way, these guys are the best!! We had an amazing time and guests raved about them after the reception -- guests who know and work in music. Book this band immediately!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Let’s face it, a wedding band will either make or break your event…and Cover Me Badd MADE OUR EVENT. We didn’t want a wedding where people were just sitting down, hanging out. We wanted a wedding where everyone was dancing and having an amazing time. Thanks to Cover Me Badd, this is exactly what we got. I can’t recommend them enough.
    First of all, Mike was probably our most organized vendor. We booked them based on reviews without even hearing them in person. I was so nervous about this, but as soon as we talked to Mike, I was at ease. As a Type A bride, this made planning simple and easy. In fact, my husband did most of the planning with the band it was that easy! Mike was always available for calls and Facetime, extremely responsive, and handled our timeline to make sure it was the best day ever. He acted as the emcee for the ceremony and reception and I couldn’t have been happier. Our venue also had some specific instructions for the band regarding their setup, and they were 100% accommodating. Mike and another band member even came out before to talk to the venue and make sure everything would run smoothly.
    Aside from being extremely organized, the band…they are incredible. We took a lot of time in picking out our lineup of songs, making sure we had something for everyone, and they were all awesome. Their song list is extensive, and they rock the house. They also did the music for the ceremony, and I could not have been happier. For the reception, everyone was dancing the whole time. So many people came up to us at the end to tell us what an amazing band they were. They sounded great, looked great, and made our wedding totally memorable. I don’t have enough good words for them. If you need a wedding band, hire Cover Me Badd immediately.

Sent on 09/16/2015

John · Married on 08/08/2015

Mike and the guys of Cover Me Badd were FANTASTIC!! They were the first and only band we looked at to play at our wedding. Right away we knew they would be perfect for us, and they most defiantly did not disappoint! Everyone at the wedding raved at how awesome the band was. One couple even changed their future wedding plans just so they could have Cover Me Badd perform at their reception as well. They are SO fun and bring so much energy to the party. My new wife and I only wish they could have played longer (venue noise curfew), and we're already thinking about when we can have them play for us again... We can use any 3-day weekend as an excuse to throw another rockin' party, right?!

Seriously, look no further than Cover Me Badd for your next party, they are a huge hit!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Ben · Married on 07/25/2015

We had an absolutely incredible experience with Mike and the rest of Cover Me Badd! Of all the vendors we worked with as part of the wedding, Mike was by far the most professional, responsive, thorough and easy-going person we worked with. We provided a general overview of how we thought the day/night would go and he put together a detailed schedule for the event, noting all the speeches, intros, special dances and the full play lists the band suggested - this way we knew everything was totally under control and we could just enjoy ourselves that day. He took all of our suggestions for song additions/deletions and added a couple of new songs for us (which they did an amazing job on). As for the music itself, it was incredible!! Literally every person at the wedding told us it was the best and most fun wedding band they'd ever seen - and was so so much better than a DJ. Not only is the singing spot-on but the band is really energetic, puts on a fun performance, has synchronized dances and great outfits. All in all the time we all spent on the dance floor will be remembered as the highlight of the day ("I do's" aside!). We can't recommend these guys highly enough!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Serina · Married on 07/11/2015

HIRE THEM! There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this band is. After you book them, consider all your worries on entertainment to be gone. Cover Me Badd, and especially Mike, will take great care of you. Mike is the contact person for the band and we corresponded with him frequently. From the beginning, even when you're just considering them for hire, Mike will answer all your questions and concerns. Mike answered our emails quickly and in some instances within an hour of sending. His fast responses just made the planning so much easier. I know I had some vendors who didn't reply as fast and let me tell you, it gave me some anxiety. But Mike just understood the stress that comes with wedding planning so he just made everything so much easier. Mike also took the time out to meet with us about 7 months before the big day just to get to know us and get a feel for our wedding day. The one thing that impressed me about Mike was his attention to detail. We had a wedding website and he took time before the meeting to look through the site. For example, he read that my brother played the guitar and suggested my brother play a song during the wedding. That added detail just made the night that much better. Also they are open to special requests to learn songs not on their list. We really wanted to have our first dance played live and they were more than willing to learn the song. Happy to say our choreographed dance to their song went perfect! Also their song list had a good variety. They got everyone dancing! During the couple times that the dance floor wasn't quite full, two of the band members came off the stage onto the floor to prevent it from feeling empty. This felt really natural and was just another subtle thing that made the band that much more awesome.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Shalin · Married on 06/27/2015

THIS GROUP ROCKS!!! When my husband and I got engaged I was certain of only two things: one, I wanted to marry David, and two, I wanted a live band for the reception. So I set out to find the best band in Northern California. I reviewed a number of bands and talked to booking agents from Sac to So Cal. When I reached out to Cover Me Badd I was immediately impressed with the quick and professional response from Mike (the band manager/guitarist/singer/MC). While we hadn’t officially booked, Mike spent a great deal of time communicating with us and he quickly became our go-to guy for all things wedding. We were fairly certain we wanted to hire Cover Me Badd at that point, but when we saw them play live at a local venue, there was no question. THEY were IT!!! We were blown away by their performance! From the singing to the choreographed dances to the mix of songs- it was EXACTLY what our party needed! Mike exceeded our expectations, going above and beyond throughout the entire planning process. He met with us to get to know David and I as a couple, and we could see that he was not only passionate about his band, but also passionate about creating a truly memorable and one-of-a-kind experience for us and our guests. On the day of the reception everything was perfect! Mike MC’d the event and he was on point the entire night. When the music started the dance floor was flooded with guests! I know everyone thinks their wedding was the most fun/best time, but, due in large part to Cover Me Badd, OURS took the (wedding) cake! David and I were out on the dance floor boogying down with guests who later told me they NEVER dance. It was even better than I envisioned it would be. To this day our friends and family still tell us we hosted the best wedding reception they have ever been to. A HUGE THANK YOU to Cover Me Badd, and especially Mike, for helping make our reception one that we will always remember and look back on with complete love and happiness.

Sent on 07/18/2015

David · Married on 06/27/2015

One meeting with Mike (band leader, mc, guitarist) prior to our event, and we knew we’d made the right choice. He took the time to listen to our vision and consider our interests, while getting to know us personally before flawlessly putting together the greatest show we’ve ever been a part of… Our wedding/reception was indeed unforgettable thanks to Cover Me Badd.
    Mike is used to running a good show – you can tell – and he does so with a remarkable combination of composure and flair. Smooth flow and clean transitions from wedding party entrance through “best” speeches gave way to the kind of party that didn’t want to end. It was clear that Mike and the rest of the band made an impression on each of our 150 guests that won’t soon go away.
    Lorraine (lead singer) reproduced Etta James’ “At Last” for our first dance - a mesmerizing experience to say the least, her voice one of the few I could imagine capable of pulling off such a task. It resonates now weeks later, and I simply feel grateful for her role in our special night.
    While unquestionably epic as musical talent, Cover Me Badd also delivers as a flexible, creative group of first-class entertainers. They rock, they groove, they jive – and just when you think it couldn’t get any livelier, here comes Mike jammin’ as he circles me and my throwing-her-arms-in-the-air bride during Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin”… or earlier we spot Leo up in the Elk’s Tower balcony with a few crazies, just swerving their reservations away and belting down on the rest of the never-not-full dance floor.
    Truly, Cover Me Badd knows how to run an event without hiccup as well as happily engage all involve - all seemingly without trying too hard to do so. Nearly all of our friends and loved ones exclaimed afterwards they’d never danced so much at a wedding, nor had so much fun. Without hesitation we recommend Mike and the rest of his team, as the perfect highlight to your event or wedding.
    Genuinely,
    [the groom] David Butterworth

Sent on 07/18/2015

Staci · Married on 06/20/2015

Cover Me Badd is the most AMAZING wedding band! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone having a wedding or a special event. My husband and I just got married in June, and Cover Me Badd went above and beyond for us! When I first called Cover Me Badd, Mike was so kind, respectful, and genuinely seemed to love working with people. He never pressured us to pay for their services. Instead, he insisted that my husband and I come watch them live before making any decisions because he wanted us to see the "Cover Me Badd experience." After hearing the first song live, we were sold. From the second they started playing until the end of the show, people of all ages were nonstop dancing. All of my friends, who were completely skeptical of having a live band play at the wedding, were blown away by their talents when they played the first song, "My Girl" for our father/daughter dance. The band also custom made a monogram lights with our names together that projected up high on the wall. The band also did uplighting all around the room for us. When our guests walked in, everyone was raving about the lighting in the room. When one of our groomsmen requested a song, our guests were shocked when one of their female singers started rapping the song! All of our guests couldn't believe the talent each member possessed. They were incredible! Mike was also our MC for the night and did a wonderful job. Between Mike and my event coordinator, I truly did not worry about a single thing. We have been married three months today, and I STILL have guests telling me how fun our wedding was. When I ask people what they loved most, they all say "your wedding band! They were amazing!" Entertainment can make or break a wedding or event, so PLEASE do yourself a favor, and hire Cover Me Badd! If we ever have another wedding in the family or special event, I would hire them in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Ben · Married on 05/23/2015

We had a fantastic experience with Cover Me Badd, from start to finish. They were extremely flexible and easy to work with - we were able to craft exactly the playlist we wanted. On the wedding day, Mike served as a great MC. And when it comes to the music, they didn’t disappoint. The performance was top notch, and they had the crowd dancing until the last note. We had multiple guests tell us it was the best wedding band they’ve ever heard.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Allison · Married on 05/16/2015

They were the first vendor we booked and they were consistently the best the entire year. First, there’s Mike who is absolutely fantastic. He acts as the band manager, DJ, MC and he is in the band. Talking to him is like talking to a really responsible friend. He returned every email within 24 hours. (Most responses were within seconds or minutes). He not only answered all of my questions, but he also asked me important questions that I never even thought of, like which song to play for the bouquet and garter toss. He made the planning process so easy. He is the reason the day flowed seamlessly. It was so helpful to have an MC so that guests know where to focus their attention. He also helped us follow the timeline as closely as possible. He remembered all of the little details that were important to me. Second, there is the incredible band. Every single member is ridiculously talented. This band puts everything they have into every performance and it shows. I knew they would be great from the performance I saw before I booked them. In fact, when the planning process got tough, my fiancee and I had a saying, “No matter what happens, we have an awesome band”. And awesome they were. Guest of all ages (2 to 94) loved them. Some of the comments I’ve gotten from my guests were: “I’ve never seen so many people dancing at a wedding before”, “I’ve never danced in public before, but I danced at your wedding”, “They can all sing, like really sing”, and “Let’s have an annual party and have the band play every year!”. Some of my favorite memories of my wedding were created by the band and they made all of my guests feel really special. We loved the band so much that some of the wedding party, friends, my husband :), and I celebrated our 2nd week of being married by watching Cover Me Badd perform. Once again we danced the night away. I give them the highest recommendation possible, and I will forever be a grateful fan.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Josh · Married on 04/25/2015

This band delivered way beyond expectation. Not only did they play and sing every song in top form and get everyone dancing, they also brought a killer sound and stage lighting system AND helped light the room for our event. Mike Woodall was on point as emcee and was aces at involving our guests in some key moments of our reception. Fully professional and highest marks for performance. We had a ball, and so many of our friends and family commented the same to us. Great job.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Dana · Married on 04/18/2015

Want your wedding to be the best wedding of the year...decade...EVER!? Then hire Cover Me Badd. Since our wedding we have been flooded with praise from our guests about how fantastic the band was. Generally it goes "your band was awesome...and you looked pretty too!"

Mike was a joy to work with leading up to the wedding and assembled us the perfect music set. On the day of, they got in, set up and worked with our wedding timeline and team so seamlessly. Their cues for ceremony music and the featured dances was as smooth as butter. The PA system and MC duties could not have gone better. They totally nailed everything up until the dancing - and all of that stuff is hard to pull off without a single hiccup!

And then.....THE LIVE MUSIC. Our wedding just totally erupted with the best energy and dancing I've ever seen. And it's all we've heard about since our big day. BOOK THEM! Like yesterday people.

THANK YOU COVER ME BADD (we've given your info to like 3 people already for other events so you may have a busy year ahead)

Sent on 05/14/2015

Cover Me Badd is a fantastic dance band for all ages! They performed at our daughter's wedding and everyone enjoyed them. The bride's grandfather, now 96, was even out on the dance floor.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Mike Woodall, the band leader, on the arrangements for the wedding, logistics, timing, etc. He is as professional as they come! We have had tons of compliments on the band, and would offer our wholehearted endorsement!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Cover Me Badd is an exceptional band on all fronts. Mike Woodall, the contact person, is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. We worked with him 5 years ago for my first daughter's wedding and he was one of the first calls I made once my youngest daughter set a date. Mike is wonderful with arrangements, anticipation, follow-up, nailing down details....and as a member of the band! Having a live band at my daughter's wedding 5 years ago had been amazing....so we didn't think twice about wanting to recreate the same atmosphere this time around. The band is energetic, entertaining, talented, engaging...a pleasure to work with and a pleasure to listen to and dance to. I have only the highest praise!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/06/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Mike and the Cover Me Badd crew. When planning a wedding, there are a lot of stressors that the couple encounters along the way, and I've got to say that hiring and working with Cover Me Badd was so easy, we just knew and trusted right away that we were in good hands with Mike and the team. We had just a few conversations to fine-tune some details and everything else was just taken care of without any additional time or stress. Their musical offerings are fantastic. Our wedding guests are still talking about how much fun the band was and how they kept the energy at the wedding super high until the very end. Mike offered suggestions of songs that they know get the crowd to respond, and after receiving our input and our "must play" songs (which were executed flawlessly at our wedding!), they put together the perfect flow within the set list - the perfect balance of 80s, Top 40, and classic dance hits (the set list was run by us for approval far in advance). They interacted with the guests to encourage dancing and everyone loved what they brought to the party. I would hire Cover Me Badd again in an instant and would recommend them for ANY event - it's a guaranteed good time with the best cover songs and amazing musical talent! Great singers, dancers, choreography, musicians - the TOTAL perfect band package!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Brent · Married on 08/08/2014

This band is most epic! All age groups thought they were awesome. They took the time to learn my brides favorite song for our first dance ... Very personal and professional.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Mo · event on: 08/02/2014

This band made my party memorable! All of my guests could not stop talking about how good they sounded, the variety of the music, and the fact that they could all sing and would take the lead on various songs. Costumes fit great with my party theme and they were a pleasure to work with the entire time. My guests were expecting to hear and see your typical band. What they got was a backyard concert!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Cover Me Badd was an exceptional wedding band, and I would highly recommend them! First and foremost, the Quality of Service and Responsiveness was best in class. Mike Woodall was very patient with us as we made song selections, and offered his expertise and guidance when needed. He spent the time really getting to know us, understanding our style, and preferences. My husband and I got married in Healdsburg California, and Mike took the time to visit our site in advance to identify the best location based on power outlet needs (above and beyond). This was a huge help as we developed our seating chart design for dinner. Another great positive about Cover Me Badd is they are a one-stop shop. They not only offer INCREDIBLE live music, but they arrive for your entire event to offer DJ Services, and Mic Set Up for our Ceremony (this is very hard to find). Ok....now for the music. All I can say is WOW! Honestly they offered an incredible line up of songs for all age generations. Pretty sure my dad was up and dancing throughout the entire evening. The band has a wealth of experience, they recommended certain songs to ensure everyone was up and dancing, and increased the energy as the night went on. As for their Attire they were super accommodating. I really wanted them to wear the party wigs during our event to ensure the crowds energy was at its highest, but I wanted more formal for the Father Daughter dance so they put them on right after. Lastly is the bands energy and willingness to interact with the crowd was amazing. The joined us in the center of the dancing circle to sing "Take me Home Tonight", played guitar on their knees, and the ladies vocals were incredible and they too danced the entire night.

Thank you for an amazing evening and making our wedding day so very memorable!

Sent on 09/17/2014

lyn · Married on 03/01/2014

One of the best things to happen at our wedding. My fiancee and I saw the band and needed entertainment, and through our venue, we were able to get Cover Me Badd. The band was a hit with everyone, super exiting to have them and the energy was so high!!!! No one was expecting a live cover band and they were a hit. Our family and friends were asking about them and how fun they were. Especially doing the cupid shuffle with the dancers on the dance floor. BIG HIT!!!! Will recommend them to other weddings or gigs!!!! Super Professional.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Alexis · Married on 11/23/2013

My husband and I were so lucky to have this incredibly talented and fun band at our wedding! Our guests had a blast as well and did not want the party to stop! With approximately 300 guests you would think someone would not enjoy the music but with the variety Cover Me Badd provides everybody was happy. In fact, many of our guests have since gone to see them at other gigs and always let me know how great it was! They will cater to what you'd like for music, attire and even wear costumes/wigs depending on your event. If you are looking for a high energy, interactive, fun and professional band, we highly recommend Cover Me Badd!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Cover Me Badd was awesome! We had a wonderful time working with them throughout the whole process. Mike, the main contact was very responsive. He knew what was needed to make our reception a great party. He was in contact regularly and made suggestions on details that we were not even thinking about; he definitely made sure everything worked out perfectly.
    They play a good variety of music to make sure they are hitting all age groups. They also have a range of outfits/costumes for you to pick from so you can have the look you want for your party.
    We had such a great night with them. They had us and our guests on the dance floor all night (and a little bit after too)! They interacted with the guests - coming off of their stage; having guests come on stage, etc. There was not one of our guests that didn't say, "We had so much fun with the band". I would highly recommend them to anybody for their wedding reception.

Sent on 10/06/2013