Covenant Weddings and Occasions Reviews

Covenant Weddings and Occasions 1
Covenant Weddings and Occasions 2
Covenant Weddings and Occasions 3

Marissa · Married on 11/13/2010

Diane was fantastic! We had a smaller wedding but a lot of vendors and logistics since it was actually in DC. We selected the day-of package that included great extras- I highly recommend hiring Diane and her staff to smooth out all the day-of issues. She was very reliable as the point person for vendors to contact- we just submitted our vendor info to her and she took it from there- that in itself was worth the cost- we could actually enjoy our wedding day! Diane is reliable, professional, and fun- a breath of fresh air!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Jessica · Married on 11/21/2009

Diane was terrific. I literally could not have done my wedding without her. In the middle of planning I made an international move and she was there to complete the entire event. The day of was perfect.

Sent on 03/17/2010

monica · Married on 10/08/2016

Day of service package was well needed. Working with Diane was easy and she was very professional! Her one assistant she worked with on the day of my wedding was terrific!

Sent on 10/10/2017

April · Married on 04/11/2015

I sought out the best wedding planner in the Washington Metropolitan Area through word of mouth, bridal shows, and vendor websites. Diane George of Covenant Weddings and Occasions LLC, was highly recommended on all accounts. From the first meet and greet consultation to the very last minute of my wedding, Diane and her team were extremely valuable. We hired Diane on the spot after our first meeting and instantly there was a sense of relief that we were in good hands and she would ensure my dreams came true. Although I had 16 months to plan the wedding, Diane did not waste any time setting up meetings with vendors and took ownership of the to-do checklist. Her close ties with the best vendors in the area afforded us the best service. During the entire wedding planning she was very responsive and made me feel like I was her #1 priority. On the day of the wedding Diane had a full team assembled, all of whom were polite, professional, and efficient. They had headsets to ensure that everything was going according to plan. Diane made sure that everything remained on track and that all vendors/venue were on the same page. Even through unforeseen circumstances the day of the wedding Diane made sure to take care of issues expeditiously so there were no setbacks. Her fees are well worth the top notch services. Diane takes gre

Sent on 06/20/2015

Nola · Married on 01/01/2011

Diane was the wedding coordinator for my New Year's Day Wedding on 1-1-11. While searching for venues in the area, I always asked for wedding planner recommendations and Covenant Weddings always came up. So I gave Diane a call and we immediately clicked! We only had 4 months to plan. During this time Diane suggested great vendors, gave me useful ideas and provided moral support when things seemed overwhelming. My dream of an elegant, romantic, wedding by candlenight was executed perfectly. Diane and her team performed with excellency and my day would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 01/09/2011

mia · Married on 09/20/2008

3.5

Diane George is such a professional; planning my wedding with Diane was such a delight. She has so much insight and referring me to her vendors saved me alot of money from the cake, uplights, seamstress etc... She was very patient & understanding to my needs and saw my vision from start to finish. My wedding day was perfect, no hiccups whatsoever thanks to Diane & her staff. We will forever be grateful; I'll refer Diane to every bride to be I come across from this point on because, I just can't say enough about Diane.

Thank you so much for seeing that my day went off without a hitch!
    Love MIA & DRE
    Wedding date 9/20/08

Sent on 11/09/2008

Marcus · Married on 10/17/2015

Our wedding was amazing. It was great to have a planner with vast experience such as Mrs. Diane George.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/09/2016

As a June 2016 Bride, I was quite pleased with the assistance and service of Covenant Weddings and Occasions. My experience with Covenant weddings was awesome!! I would gladly refer my friends to this company. S.H.

Sent on 08/07/2016
  • User4431996 · 2+ years ago

I had the pleasure of working with Diane and her team when planning our wedding held on August 16, 2014. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! Diane took the time to understand what we wanted and recommended vendors within our budget who created the day that we’d envisioned. I was able to truly relax and enjoy my wedding day! I am so glad that I found Diane and selected her as the planner for our wedding. Her knowledge of the industry and wedding etiquette was exactly what we needed.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Vnai · Married on 04/28/2018

4.2
      3.0

Experienced and Professional

Diane is a very experienced wedding planner and she knows exactly what she’s doing since she’s been in this business for years. She’s also very sweet and personable. Her team was amazing on the day of and I couldn’t thank them all enough for their hard work on my wedding day!

A few areas for improvement are that Diane is forgetful. I found myself reminding about her about things we talked about on more than one occasion. Which ended up leading to an awkward & uncomfortable moment at the rehearsal when Diane asked my matron of honor a question about something that I had already discussed with her.
    Secondly, in the beginning Diane said she and her team would stay until the end. They ended up leaving a little early. Which would have been ok, except I didn’t have the contact number for our driver. Since Diane helped with coordinating transportation, I had to call her to find out who and where our driver was. I also had to coordinate the last bus ride for my guests to make sure the DJ announced the time for the last ride.

Ultimately, despite a few hiccups, I would not change anything. I would still work with Diane again in a heartbeat and will recommend her to other brides. Everyone we worked with raved about her and her perfessionalism and we booked one of our best vendors through her (our DJ). I highly recommend Diane as your wedding planner, book her!!!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • F

Alicia · Married on 05/15/2015

4.2

Covenant Weddings was absolutely amazing to work with! Diane is a sweetheart who is very passionate about what she does. Her experience in the industry brought about great vendor options to choose from for our wedding. Covenant Weddings definitely played a major role in making my dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Dannielle · Married on 05/25/2009

1.4
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0
      3.0
      0.5

I am sure Covenant Weddings has served its clients with the highest level of quality. Unfortunately, that was not the case with my experience with Covenant Weddings. The wedding planner was late to 99.9% of my meetings with my vendors. She recommended vendors who were out of our price range - she had not checked with them to see if the prices had changed. One of the vendors that I used made a mistake and another had a printer malfunction - this delayed me being able to send my invitations in a timely manner. The wedding planner also failed to confirm with my vendors my outstanding balances before the wedding. I had to scramble to write final checks at my reception. These are just a FEW examples of poor service that I experienced with Covenant Weddings. Had the ceremony gone smoothly, some of the things mentioned above could have been overlooked, but that too was a HUGE disappointment. Covenant Weddings did not bring its 'A' game to my wedding. The pricing structure is appealing, but I would consider going with another company. Don't be fooled by the years of experience on this one.

Sent on 06/11/2010

Covenant Weddings and Occasions's reply:

This bride was absolutely beautiful on her wedding day, and I truly enjoyed working with her and her fiance throughout the planning of her wedding. This wedding took place over a year ago and I had no idea that she was so unhappy. It is unfortunate that it rained on her outdoor wedding. All in all they are a sweet couple and I wish them all the best.

1.2
      2.0
      0.0

None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.None.

Sent on 11/29/2010