Covenant Weddings and Occasions Reviews

Covenant Weddings and Occasions 5
Covenant Weddings and Occasions 6
Covenant Weddings and Occasions 7

Bethany · Married on 09/18/2010

Diane was a gem- extremely responsive and always professional. I always knew she had our best interests at heart. She was truly a joy to work with- my new husband and I consider her part of the family now!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Teena · Married on 09/17/2010

I have to say I really don’t know what I would have done without Diane. I had a vision and love to plan events but, I found it difficult to plan my wedding. I second guessed every decision but when I hired Diane she made me confident and really helped me streamline my choices. She was very helpful with making my vision a reality. She has a large list of vendors at a variety of price ranges. I loved the fact that she went to all my appointments and was available at all times by phone. My wedding stated on time and everything went to plan. It was organized, elegant, and classic and if there was something that went wrong I didn’t know it. I had a beautiful and romantic day. I want to thank her for making my dream come true.

Sent on 02/16/2011

Denise · Married on 08/14/2010

Saturday, August 11, 2010: Diane, my husband and I cannot thank you enough for everything that you and your staff did to make his 50th Birthday Surprise Party a huge success. You and your staff and all of the vendors we used from your rolodex were amazing. We connected immediately, shared the same vision for the event. They were all very helpful and exhibited a high degree of professionalism. All of our family and friends are still talking about the decorations, the music, the cakes and the skill and attentiveness to detail of the videographer and the photographer to capture all of the "keepsake" moments. You and your team made this a night to remember for my husband and I and for that we are eternally grateful. Our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to you for a job very well done!!! Denise and Fernandas Jackson

Sent on 08/27/2010

Ayanna · Married on 08/06/2010

Diane was great under pressure! Due to a storm the night before, the power went out at the venue and she handled everything with ease...I had no idea until the wedding was over!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Tyra · Married on 07/02/2010

My husband and I were blessed to win a FREE wedding which included Diane George of Covenant Weddings as a wedding coordinator. Since a coordinator wasn’t in our budget, we hadn’t planned on hiring one and we really didn’t know what to expect from her at first. Well, we quickly found out how extra blessed we were to have Diane George as our coordinator. We weren’t forced to work with her, but once I had a phone conversation with Diane I knew that we were going to work well together. The work that she does on behalf of the bride and groom is impeccable, from contacting vendors, scheduling and attending appointments, following-up with vendors, and much more beyond your expectations All-in-all she made our process easier and less stressful for sure. Diane is easily accessible via phone or email, day and night, and is quick to respond. It was to a point that we felt like we were the only couple she was working with, which we know wasn’t the case.  She answered all of our questions, and we had a lot! As with anything, there can be some miscommunication with vendors, and Diane would fight/advocate on our behalf as she could for what was right and fair based on what we were told would be provided. With a free wedding you would think that everything would have been smooth and easy, but there were some bumps along the way and Diane was there to assist us during those times. As a bride I wanted and was fortunate enough to have a very involved groom. There were times that he would talk to Diane before I would. So she is more than willing to work with your grooms with any questions they may have along the way as well. Our wedding day was beautiful and of course some minor things happened that we were able to laugh with Diane about later. However, she was good about not letting me know anything so that I would not be stressed on wedding day, and for that I’m thankful. We also can’t submit this review without acknowledging her staff that also assists in making the wedding day go smooth. My husband would like to especially thank them as they decorated our wedding night suite to perfection as a surprise to me.
    Lastly, we have learned that if you are looking for a wedding coordinator you should click with him/her on a personal level to ensure that wedding day and everything up to that point is relatively flawless. Diane is a very professional, yet fun and loving person and we can say that after this process she is and will continue to be a friend. For example, we made sure that she was invited to our rehearsal dinner as a guest, not the wedding coordinator, so she could meet our closest family and friends, and we also presented her with a gift as a token of appreciation along with our bridal party. THANKS COVENANT WEDDINGS!

Sent on 08/23/2010

M · Married on 07/02/2010

My wife and I were married in July 2010, and Mrs. Diane George of Covenant Weddings was our coordinator. I'm assuming most grooms/husbands don't write these reviews, but I would be remise if I didn't speak to the superb service and professionalism Diane brings to her work. We had the true blessing of winning a FREE wedding and had Diane as our coordinator. Honestly, I feel like we stole. She was remarkable in every sense of the word. At no point in time did she make us feel like we were getting a free (aka below standard) service; she went above and beyond our expectations. And to my fellas out there (yes ladies, please share this review with your grooms because I know they aren't reading this site), Diane helps you through the process, making it fun and relatively painless. You are sure to have a better appreciation for what it takes to make your wedding day (because it's yours too, sort of) a special/memorable one for your bride. ;-)

Sent on 01/12/2011

Carolin · Married on 04/03/2010

Thank you to Ms. Diane George /Covenant Weddings for a perfectly flawless wedding day!
    Upon meeting Diane I knew, without a doubt, she was the planner to go with. Her knowledge, experience, patience and flexibility won me over and she didn't disappoint with her personality either, we clicked upon meeting. She was patient with me, answering all the questions I had, and as a bride I had tons. She took all my phone calls and came out with me on vendor visits...we really appreciated that. We were also very happy with the vendor referrals that she provided us, and choose the majority of vendors based on her referrals. It helped us a lot not having to spend extra time researching vendors. We just did our leg work based on a list already provided. We were happy with all our vendors especially with our florist, baker and videographer. Our wedding day was beautiful and so was our reception....I would do it all over again!
    It meant a great deal to us having you to help us begin this sacred chapter in our lives because your spirit was sent to us to get us on this covenat journey...for that, we are eternally grateful.

We love you!
    Carolin & Sean
    April 3, 2010

Sent on 06/23/2010

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2009

Covenant Wedding, LLC is well worth the money and you can pay on a payment plan, which was particularly useful for me. I would suggest, at minimum getting the day of service because my day went SO SMOOTHLY!!! I didn't have to think about any details from the time I woke until the end of the day. I was really able to enjoy my day and not worry about planning or working on my wedding day! My wedding planner provided a timeline for the day of the wedding and a detailed timeline for the reception over a month in advance of the wedding. Everything went as planned and the ladies from Covenant Weddings are true professionals and were a pleasure to work with. Diane is about the business and makes sure the job is done correctly!!!

Covenant Weddings also has many contacts with other vendors throughout the wedding business which is very useful. I would suggest still looking at your own vendors just to be sure you really get what you want. They can work with any vendors you choose because they are professional and they will be able to tell you if a particular vendor is reliable/quality.

Sent on 11/02/2009
  • Jante

Jante · Married on 09/27/2009

Diane is perfection personified. The goal for our wedding day was simple - find someone that we could entrust for the flawless execution of every detail of what was one of the most important days of our lives. And Diane did just that - actually, she did so much more than that. From wedding day suggestions and etiquette, to vendor coordination, to the rehearsal, to wedding day execution, Diane was on it. No detail was left unattended. Even now, we are unable to tell whether there was any problem whatsoever on the wedding day - if there was a catastrophe brewing, we didnt know it, because Diane handled it. We could spend our time focusing, not on vendors, but on each other, which is the actual point of the wedding day. In addition, as we look back on the year-long planning for the actual wedding day, we can say that the process of planning was fun. Diane made the process fun, taking us step by step to ensure that we were always on target to meet the necessary deadlines, so we were not worn out at the end of it all. Diane is wonderful, and brides and grooms should consider themselves lucky if they have the opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Rita · Married on 09/19/2009

My wedding was flawless because of the services provided by Covenant Weddings.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Lisa · Married on 05/09/2009

Diane and Covenant Weddings is the ABSOLUTE BEST in the business! Diane knows the wedding/event industry like the back of her hand. She was able to tell me average, (and realistic) prices for services and vendors, give me great ideas and handle all the details that I never knew even existed! Se had my wedding planned down to the minute all while taking my ideas and desires into consideration!!!
    My wedding went off without a hitch (that I know of), was the most beautiful day of my life AND most importantly- was stress-free...all because of Diane and her wonderful staff.
    My husband and I have nothing but the BEST memories of our BIG DAY!
    DIANE and Covenant Weddings IS an A++++++++++++++++++++++ establishment!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2009

colleen · Married on 02/14/2009

I first stumbled across Covenant Weddings LLC through a search on the internet. I was automatically impressed with the website especially the pictures of other weddings Diane had coordinated. I was also quite impressed with her credentials. My then fianc? and I fell in love with Diane from the moment we met her. Her enthusiasm for weddings was contagious! We left our initial meeting extremely excited and ready to move forward with planning our wedding. Throughout the entire year that we worked with Diane we never once questioned her recommendations. She understood our vision, budget, and addressed any questions or concerns we had. I can say without a doubt that Diane has some great connections. The professional relationship that she has built over the years allowed us to work with some of the best vendors in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. My husband, my mom, and I all agree that our rehearsal as well as the wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did without Diane and her staff's assistance. The day of, her team was extremely professional and took charge at the church coordinating the flowers, musicians, and bridal party. I will never forgot the moment my husband and I got a chance to view the reception site completely decorated. It took our breath away. We felt as though we were looking at a picture out of In style Weddings!! Ten months later we still receive compliments about how fantastic and fun our wedding was. The best decision we ever made was to hire Covenant Weddings LLC to coordinate our wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2009

MYYS · Married on 07/26/2008

There are no words to explain Diane George's services but just awesome! She knows weddings like no other and that's so comforting for a first time bride. She was always accessible, professsional, and by the end of the wedding became a part of the family :). Our wedding had many different cultural aspects to it and she just went with the flow and made my wedding the most memorable event! I recommend a wedding planner for every bride, but it's key to have someone who can deal with vendors, opinionated family members/guests, and a nervous bride -- sometimes at the same time :). Loved her!!!

Sent on 10/21/2009

Keisha · Married on 06/14/2008

Diane is absolutely wonderful! She is very knowledgeable, well organized and helped keep everything in line the day of the wedding. Her and her staff were professional and courteous and I am sure our wedding would not have been such a success without them. She was there to calm us down when we were stressed with the planning and she really knew her stuff when it came down to the nitty gritty. It was so nice to not worry about anything the day of the wedding. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy our wonderful day knowing that we were in good hands. I can't say enough good things about covenant wedding. Trust me! You wont be disappointed

Sent on 10/18/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/17/2006

Covenant Weddings are extremely professional, detailed oriented, and truly know how to capture your dream of what you want your wedding day to be, and make it reality. You will never be disappointed in their level of service and their ability to go far above and beyond what you expect. Diane and her team are excellent!

~ N. Chapman

Sent on 11/04/2009
  • Z

zipporah · Married on 05/09/1992

Dianne was excellent. Dianne took the time to listen to my requests and where there was room for interpretation she asked questions so she was assured she fully understood my desires. As you know every bride is filled with anxiety and excitement and I was no different. What I loved about Dianne, was she knew how to make me focus when I became anxious. The wedding ceremony was memorable. I did not worry about a thing on my special day because of Dianne's efforts and attention to detail. Wedding days are special and I am thankful that Dianne made sure it was my special day.

Sent on 01/10/2011

M. · Married on 09/16/2017

Diane was very helpful in my wedding process and I'm not sure what I would have done without her. On the day of my wedding, her team was phenominal, professional and surpassed all our expectations.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Kathryn · Married on 06/10/2016

The Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science contracted Covenant Weddings and Occasions to coordinate an All White Party for our 8th graders who were going on to high school. The Covenant consultants were so responsive and professional. They came up with amazing ideas, and they transformed our school yard into an amaizing space that included ballon arch, delicious food, fun and games for the students and stunning decorations. The party was so terrific, that students were calling their friends who had not originally purchased a ticket and telling them come to the party. The students are still talking about the event and have decided to make this an annual event. Janice and Jackie were attentive, and their attention to detail truly made our party memorable.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Brieanne · Married on 04/16/2016

Diane was a fantastic wedding planner. I was very overwhelmed at the prospect of planning a wedding but Diane broke everything down in digestible pieces. She made amazing suggestions for other vendors as well. When it came time for the big day it went off without a hitch! Couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 05/21/2016
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/10/2015

The decision to utilize Covenant Weddings was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We worked with Jackie Sanders and Janice Carpenter. They were personable, professional, and always accessible. About 2 months into our engagement, my then fiancé and I began working with Jackie and Janice. We got engaged in February 2015 and got married in October 2015. With the help, and guidance and suggestions of Jackie and Janice we were able to plan a beautiful wedding in less than 7 or more like 6 months. Jackie and Janice went above and beyond in many instances. For one, I was not happy with a mock-up appointment with one of my vendors so they contacted the vendor and arranged for a do-over and this time the presentation was beautiful and in line with my vision for the wedding. Jackie and Janice also were present for many appointments even though contractually, they didn’t have to be. During one of my appointments my mom turned to me and said, “I wasn’t sure about you getting a planner at first, but I am so happy that Jackie and Janice are here”.
    The wedding and the reception went really well. We got compliments on how well the reception was run and how beautiful everything was. Family and friends said things like “top 5 wedding I’ve ever been to”, “I could feel the love”, and “I like the format and how things flowed”. We were so happy to hear that because our vision was for a romantic evening and for everyone to just simply enjoy themselves.
    One of my bridesmaids has a friend that is currently engaged and she even suggested Covenant Weddings to her because Jackie and Janice were organized and on point. I really enjoyed working with Jackie and Janice. I sincerely do not know what we would have done without them. I am glad the wedding planning is done and that I am now married to my wonderful husband but I have to admit I am going to miss Jackie and Janice.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Tameka · Married on 10/17/2009

The professionals at Covenant Wedding LLC helped ensure that my wedding day was PERFECT!!! The experienced and talented staff were professional and courteous and attended to the wedding party and guests every need. I had already heard great things about the company's services, and they far exceeded my expectations. As a result of nearly 20 years in the wedding industry, Diane George has a built great relationship with wedding vendors. She referred us to excellent vendors (e.g. photograhers, wedding cakes, receptions venues, and florists) who were with our budget.

I would recommended Covenant Weddings to any blushing bride who desires professionalism, excellent services, and knowledgeable staff who care. Thank you again Covenant Weddings for making my wedding day dreams a reality!!!

Sent on 12/21/2009

Ashlee · Married on 08/11/2018

Beautiful Wedding! August 2018

We had an amazing wedding experience thanks to Covenant Weddings and Diane! :) We mostly hired Diane for day of coordination, but she was very helpful even in the months leading up to the wedding. Any time I called and had a question, Diane was very responsive in getting back to me and even helping with calling vendors. It rained on our wedding day and move to move things around, but Diane and her amazing team made sure our request were heard and everything was PERFECT! Our reception was a little lively and there was a time when we got rushed by guests, so that would be my only caveat is just making sure we were checked on more during that time. Otherwise, everything was great and I would highly recommend! Thank you!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/29/2017

I could not have done it without Jackie & Janice (J&J), a dynamic Covenant Weddings team. When I began planning my wedding, I knew quickly that I needed help. J & J came to my rescue and guided me every step of the way. They were consistently professional, knowledgeable and attentive to details; often. going above and beyond.
    Moreover, they were thoughtful, patient and kind. I highly recommend J & J to anyone seeking the guidance and execution of highly-skilled wedding planners.

Sent on 10/31/2017
  • User7322044 · 2+ years ago

Janice and Jackie made our dream wedding come to live! We enjoyed working with them, they were very professional, respectful and added a lot of value to the planning process. We only hired them for the day of the wedding but we loved the service they offered us! We had monthly meetings to go over our timeline and they also jumped in when we needed help contacting vendors. They were very responsive to any questions we had and walked us through every step. We wanted an unconventional and simple wedding and at times it seemed like a challenge for them to follow our vision. Other than that they were amazing! We would highly recommend them if you are planning a traditional wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Juanita · Married on 08/27/2016

This lady and her company was able to provide information and guidance. Always listening and help my daughter have a day that they are still talking about. Diane and her crew OUTSTANDING. Mother of the Bride 8/27/2016

Sent on 11/17/2016