Couture Cakes by Sabrina Reviews

47 | Washington, DC

47 Reviews for Couture Cakes by Sabrina

Natalie · Married on 10/17/2015

We are so glad we chose Couture Cakes by Sabrina - not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but it was DELICIOUS as well! Her cake is seriously amazing - comparing hers to the standard bakery wedding cake, there was no question in our minds as to who to choose. I didn't have too much preference on what the cake looked like, so I gave her some rough ideas, and she came up with a beautiful design. Sabrina was so easy to work with, very responsive, and professional - I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Awwww, thank you so much Natalie! It was a pleasure working with you, and your husband. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the design and taste of the cake. Congratulations!!!
  • Charisse

Charisse · Married on 08/08/2015

Sabrina was amazing. Her cake displays were amazing and the actual cake was above and beyond my expectation!!! Everyone loved the cake, folks took cake home, it was so good! It was so beautiful as well! And most of all, when I changed my mind on colors at the last minute she was so accommodating! You need a cake, this is where you get your cake!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much for you review! You were a joy to work with, and the color change was not a problem. My goal was to make sure that you were pleased with your cake! Everything was beautiful!

Marquita · Married on 06/28/2015

Couture Cakes By Sabrina, I must say exceeded my expectations, my wedding cake was out of sight, just simple elegant and beautiful, one of the talked about wedding cakes. It was truly magazine ready. Sabrina, was very easy to work with, very professional, and timely in her responses. I told her my vision and she made it happened! Sabrina, you are wonderful, talented and your cakes are delicious period... Couture Cakes by Sabrina thanks for not just baking cakes but making memories.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Awww, thank you so much Marquita. You were a joy to work with, and I am glad that we were able to provide your dream cake. I am so glad that you were pleased.

Ryan · Married on 06/19/2015

I really wished I had a chance to eat a piece of cake! Everyone said the cake was amazing, especially the strawberry one, that seemed to be everyone's favorite. I am anxious for our anniversary cake because Brian and I did not get to have a piece of the cake. It was really cold when we cut into it, I'm sure that was a key bridge thing not Sabrina's but thats something to note. Sabrina was great though. I loved her presentation of work when my grandmother and I went for the tasting and the cake was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much for your input. It was a pleasure working with you and your family to create your wedding cake. We provided the supplemental cake that we requested not be refrigerated so that it wouldn't be cold. Unfortunately, I guess they did otherwise. Congratulations, and we look forward to making your anniversary cake.

linda · Married on 04/25/2015

it would be impossible to find something that was not perfect with Sabrina and her cake. I exceeded our expectations on every level. She is a phenomonal baker, artist, and person!!!!! She anticipated what I wanted, and delivered an extraordinary masterpiece!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. Carter! It was a pleasure working with you, and bringing your vision to life. Thank you for entrusting us to make Ashley's wedding cake!

Sharon · event on: 03/14/2015

Sabrina was one of our favorite vendors. The product she promised was the product delivered plus! The cake was absolutely beautiful and better than we ever imagined. We selected three different fillings. All were excellent and our guests raved about the moistness of the cake. It should be noted that at the last minute we realized that we needed a larger cake; Sabrina was flexible and was able to make changes to the original design. We highly recommend others to Couture Cakes by Sabrina.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Sharon, It was a pleasure working with you and your husband. Thank you for trusting us to create the cake of your dreams. Everything was gorgeous! I can't wait to make your anniversary tier! Congratulations!

Sibo · Married on 10/05/2014

Sabrina was an absolute professional, and I loved how flexible she was in creating the exact type of cake we wanted. I would definitely recommend her to other brides and grooms who are looking for the perfect cake to fit their wedding day.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and creating the your custom cake flavor. I am so glad that you enjoyed it!

Starlett · Married on 09/13/2014

Amazing Job!... She was very professional and provided exceptional services. My wedding cake was truly a BEAUTIFUL work of art. Everyone who attended our wedding had rave reviews about how delicious the cake tasted. I would love for Couture Cakes by Sabrina to create another masterpiece for us in the future. I would surly recommend your services to all of our friends & family.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much! During the early stages of your planning two years ago, we instantly hit is off, and I am glad that you made up in your mind at that moment, that I was your vendor of choice. Thank you for trusting me to create the cake of your dreams!

Great service and great product! A little pricey but worth it!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Brittney · Married on 06/28/2014

I was fully satisfied with the flavor and look of my lemon pie wedding cake with purple ombre butter cream icing. Sabrina is flexible with flavor and design ideas.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you to create your vision for your special day!

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

I cannot even explain how beautiful and on point to my idea my wedding cake was! Sabrina did an absolutely wonderful job, and it was as stunning as it was tasty! I would definitely recommend Couture Cakes By Sabrina to anyone who want an amazing cake!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you Sarah! Working with you and your mom was a pure delight. I look forward to building our relationship and participating in future celebrations with your family!

Adrienne · Married on 02/15/2014

Unfortunately I planned my wedding in February in Washington, D.C. during the worst storm the east had seen in years! Everything fell apart! I had no venue or reception however Sabrina made sure my beautiful cake made it to my church where the event was moved to at the last minute! Although I didn't have the wedding I planned, our cake was gorgeous & delicious!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you and helping to make your day special!

K · event on: 11/23/2013

I patronized Couture Cakes by Sabrina in November 2013. I wanted a stunning cake to celebrate my 20th Wedding Anniversary. I was not disappointed, the cake was beautiful and tasted good as well!

Sent on 09/16/2014

LaShonda · Married on 09/14/2013

Sabrina was amazing!! Professional from beginning to end. The cake was awesome and looked (and tasted) great! I recommended her to a friend that used her services a few months later for her wedding as well.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you for your review. I am so excited about your one year anniversary and your Anniversary Tier! You were a pleasure to work with, and I appreciate your referral and on-going support!

Mary · Married on 05/20/2017

Sabrina was amazing and incredibly friendly to boot. We had a complex and specific vision we wanted for our wedding cake, and she pulled it off flawlessly. On top of that, all of her flavors we tried tasted ah-mazing! On the day of, the cake was so delicious and beautiful and was definitely a hit with our guests. It was expensive but totally worth it - It was so special and just how we envisioned it! Thank you Sabrina!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you and Alex! I am so glad that you enjoyed the castle cake and overall taste of the product! Congratulations!

Karen · Married on 03/17/2016

I love working with Sabrina and her team. True professionals that understand how to bring your vision to life. I look forward to using her services again and again. Expert and great customer service.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/21/2015

Sabrina created the perfect cake for our daughter's wedding. Our daughter has always loved brownies, so instead of cake, she made a brownie layer creation with butter cream and fondant. It was delicious and perfect for us! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Gross! It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter. I had great time making a wedding cake that was out-of-the-box! I look forward to working with you in the future!

BEAUTIFUL CAKE!!!! Outstanding service in every way. The Cake exceeded all of our expectations. The guests are still talking about how extraordinarily beautiful the cake was and the taste was out of this world. Before, I saw it at the reception, my friends were running up to me and asking: Did you see the cake? Is it real?
    Exceptional service - she was available and flexible in terms of the budget!!! I wanted a WOW moment and I got it. As someone who has organized 100s of events for over 25 years, believe me, this cake designer is a master. Sabrina, the owner, is a pleasure to work. Thank you, Sabrina for an unforgettable cake.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. Bennett! It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter!

Shannon · Married on 05/27/2017

Sabrina was wonderful to work with! She heard the vision I had for my wedding cake and brought incredible creativity to the table. When we hit a little bit of a style snag, she brainstormed an awesome way to work around it.

I believe she said that ours was the first geode-style wedding cake she had created, but it definitely turned out wonderfully! It is no surprise that she has since made others that were similarly amazing.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you Soror Shannon! I was a pleasure working with you! Yes, you were my first official Geode Wedding. I am so glad that we went with this design. Thank you for putting your trust in our services! I look forward to your one year anniversary for your anniversary tier!

Marissa · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Sabrina was great. She was so accommodating and did the the cake tasting at our house since we couldn't find a mutual free weekend. The presentation of the cake tasting was as if we were meeting in her kitchen. It was great! I would also send emails at 11pm and she would respond almost immediately. My cake was exactly how I imagined it. Only gripe I have is that the cake arrived 10min before the doors opened to the reception, resulting in it being very cold to eat. (The cake is refrigerated to maintain shape while sitting for 4+ hrs at the venue) . Not sure why it was late but I understand things happen and at the end of the day, it all worked out. I would recommend Couture Cakes by Sabrina.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Maelat · Married on 09/16/2017

4.2

My overall experience was awesome! The cake was a very close match to the inspirational photos provided and most importantly, it tasted delicious! Several of my wedding guests reached out to me after the wedding to ask for the baker’s contact information.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Thank you so much Maelat!! It was wonderful working with you to bring your vision to life. Everything looked amazing, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the cake!

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5
      3.5

Sabrina was so personable and the cake tasting was absolutely our favorite. I'd highly recommend her if you're open on design and willing to build on her strengths. She had to make some last-minute decisions that didn't execute the photo that we brought her exactly, but we were still proud of the product.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Couture Cakes by Sabrina's reply:

Laura, you are Aldo were a pleasure to work with. Your wedding was amazing and I was please you chose me to be apart. Congratulations!!!