30 Reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

Everything about this venue was fantastic! The location has all the old charm of Philadelphia, the feel of a boutique hotel, and a beautiful modern event space. It's right across the street from City Hall too, which is great for photos. The value is incredible for being right in the heart of the city and being the only wedding at the hotel for your specific date.

From start to finish, my experience with the event team was fantastic. I booked with Nicole, and she made sure to answer all my questions prior to booking the event and even arranged for multiple visits so that my parents could see the space before we booked. I had multiple events for my wedding weekend, and our event coordinator Angela, and the Maitre D', George, made sure everything went perfectly! Angela worked with me and my mom to coordinate every last detail of the weekend, and she made sure she was available to me the entire weekend in case there were any last minute problems that popped up. She was incredibly organized and thought of everything we would possibly need for the big day. We couldn't have planned everything without her! George was also fantastic! He made sure the ceremony space was exactly what I wanted, including building out a larger stage for our ceremony, and made sure to check-in with me throughout the weekend to make sure I was happy with everything. The team at the Courtyard Marriott made me feel truly special and I could not have asked for a better weekend!

Profile Picture Sonia, 3/10/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Valet

Our experience with the team at the Courtyard Marriot was nothing short of fantastic! From the very beginning they were attentive, accommodating and willing to work with you in order to make your special day that much more amazing. Our Wedding Coordinator Christopher Welch was very responsive and attentive to my consistent questions and he made it his priority that everything was perfect the day of. His efforts leading up the wedding is something will always be grateful for. On top of that our food was absolutely amazing and the chef Ricky was fantastic to work with. Everyone raved about the food and are attendant for the night Darren was fantastic as well. The hotel itself is beautiful with a nice mix of modern and historic that makes the venue truly unique and all at a very decent price. My wedding was everything I could have dreamed of and more thanks to everyone at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown!

Profile Picture MIGDALIA, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

We knew we wanted to have a reception in Center City but were worried about finding a place that would fit in our budget. We were also leaning towards doing a hotel wedding because of the number of out of town guests who were invited. After meeting with Lisa, we knew that the Courtyard was a perfect fit for us. There are two ballrooms, and we chose the smaller of the two because of the view of City Hall and the Philadelphia Skyline. Chris was wonderful to work with as we started the planning process. He was very flexible and accommodating when we made some last minute changes days before the wedding. The meals that Chef Ricky prepared were wonderful and the service was great. Also, they were able to offer an amazing hotel room rate for our out of town guests. We're so happy we chose to have our reception at the Courtyard!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

We had a large wedding block at the Courtyard Marriott in Philly for our 1.2.16 wedding and the experience was excellent. We worked with Tricia who was so extremely helpful and very responsive. This was by far THE nicest Marriott I have ever been to. Great amenities and such an awesome location for a stellar price! Wedding or just a weekend away, I'd recommend this spot!

Profile Picture Sara, 1/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wedding is 10.10.15 and thus far working with Angie has been great! Whenever I have question she is very quick to respond and keep me updated! The location is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I am sure the Wedding will be great!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/3/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We did not get married here, but we hosted our wedding hotel block at the Courtyard and they were amazing to work with!

1. Logistics: The Courtyard was much better organized than our other hotel block (the Ritz). They have an automated system to take block reservations, so guests don't have to remember to use a code, and they automatically send you a list every week of all the people who have booked, so you don't have to constantly pester the coordinator to get updates.

2. Coordinator: Our coordinator, Tricia, was awesome. She always replied promptly to my emails and constantly checked in to make sure I had everything I needed.

3. Rooms & Hotel: The rooms are beautiful. They're spacious, recently renovated, and nicely sound-proofed. I couldn't hear a thing from the other rooms. The hotel is also in the perfect location downtown. It's an amazing deal for the price. Our suite was gorgeous and had ample room for our friends to hang out with us.

4. Hotel Staff: Many of my guests commented on how NICE and helpful all the staff members were. The front office was amazing, they did everything they could do accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs, getting rooms on the same floor, providing reasonably priced upgrades, etc.

I would highly recommend staying here or doing a room block here!

Profile Picture User5437175, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you are looking for a hotel wedding in the city, look no further. The space was beautiful, the staff was amazing, and the chef was out of this world. We had the most amazing day because of the Courtyard. A special thanks to Lisa the sales manager, Angie the event manager, and the executive Chef. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Profile Picture User3524290, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Courtyard Marriott was absolutely amazing! Their professional and courteous staff made our wedding headache-free and and exciting. They are true experts and over delivered on all levels.
Our wedding planner Dana was perfectly accommodating and helpful while providing top notch advice on all aspects of the event. The rehearsal dinner restaurant ended up closing the day of due to weather and she worked with her team to cater it themselves and provide the location in the hotel (a total miracle!).
The venue itself was beautiful, elegant, and downright magical. A great location right downtown. All of our guests could not stop praising the food and atmosphere of the ballroom.
Overall we were totally ecstatic at how perfect the night turned out and can not thank the Marriott enough! We can guarantee they will provide an amazing experience and would recommend them 100%!!!
Evan and Christine

Profile Picture Evan, 2/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I'm a mom writing about my son's wedding at this beautiful venue. We could not have asked for a more beautiful center city location. The entire bridal party stayed here and it is a first class hotel. The cocktail hour and reception couldn't have been more perfect. The food was excellent, the room was lit beautifully and the bartenders and wait staff couldn't have made things easier.
Dana and the entire team bent over backwards making this process so easy. I loved her ideas. Chef and company cooked the delicious dinner and the selections satisfied everyone. Maureen, the front desk manager handled all of the room requests and made sure that we were all super happy with our accommodations. This wedding took place in between 2 major snowstorms but we felt confident that nothing would be compromised and were reassured by Dana every step of the way. Our rehearsal dinner was cancelled by a nearby restaurant due to the storm. When I called Dana she set up a rehearsal dinner in a private room that night right in the hotel- and it was perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone who dreams of a center city wedding.

Profile Picture Carol, 2/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

My reception was held at the downtown Marriott Courtyard. Dana and her staff were really helpful with all of the preparations leading up to the wedding. The ballroom was perfect for our size wedding and our guests absolutely loved when they pulled the curtains and could see city hall and the surrounding skyline!!! It was a memorable day! The food was unbelievable and the service was prompt and friendly. The wedding cake from Classic Cakes was better the day of the wedding than at the tasting...I couldn't believe it!!! The downtown courtyard was the best price for a luxurious venue in center city.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

If you want a center city wedding in a historic, beautiful location, then this is the place for you. Every little detail and request was met by the events staff and we could not have been happier with our venue choice. Everything leading up to the day of the event was handled amazingly by the staff at the Marriott and my vision was met on every level. The food was fantastic and it was an ideal location for our many out of town guests. I can't say enough amazing things about this venue, except book it!!

Profile Picture Tracie, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I agree with one of the other reviewers, who said, “I don’t think you can find a better venue to host your Philadelphia wedding reception!”

I am still in shock that we were able to afford to host our wedding at such a beautiful, grand, Center-City location. The Marriott was excellent from the very beginning of the sales process. They were flexible with the packages so that we could pay for the things that were important to us and eliminate the things that were not.

The planning leading up to the event went smoothly even despite some staffing transitions. Dana and Darrin (Event Planner and Event Host) were very consultative during our planning discussions, especially when it came to day-of logistics. Dana was also very attentive in the two weeks leading up to the event. Ultimately, all of our detailed requests were noted on the Event Order and then executed perfectly by the Marriott team on the wedding day.

I thought that the food was delicious, and the bartenders and catering staff were wonderful! I heard sooo many comments from my guests about how great the bartenders were! The bartenders were even good sports when some members of the bridal party wanted to involve the bartenders in their “entrance” skit! I would definitely recommend that you look into hosting your event here!

Profile Picture User3624086, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh gosh- where do I even begin? This was by far the wedding of my dreams thanks to all of the amazing staff at the Courtyard. The value of having a wedding here was fantastic- so much was included- the bridal suite (which is HUGE), a room for the parents the night of the wedding, a private holding room with food and drinks for the bridal party, amazing food, great service.

We planned this wedding from Denver and Angie was truly a god send. She answered all of my questions- no matter how silly or how small of a detail- within in hours and most of the time within minutes of emailing her. She coordinated with all of my other vendors to make sure things flowed as smooth as possible. She was there during the rehearsal and during the actual wedding making sure everything was going just as planned.

I received so many compliments on how easy this wedding was for the guests- we had the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom, the cocktail reception in the foyer of the floor below, and the reception in the Junipers Ballroom. The food is outstanding- the chef came out to make sure everyone was enjoying their meals. The bartenders were fast and efficient and hilarious to boot!

The Courtyard went above and beyond all expectations I had for a wedding vendor. I have not one single complain or suggestion on how our wedding day could have been any better. It was absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/10/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When choosing a wedding venue in Philadelphia, make sure you check out the Marriott Courtyard Downtown on 21 Juniper Street! Honestly, my wedding was everything I dreamed it could be and more! The staff is outstanding, especially Dana, the wedding planner and Darrin, the even host. Dana was so amazing to work with. She is so flexible and really cares about creating your vision. I never worried about things getting done because I knew Dana had everything under control which is so important when there are so many details to worry about the day of. I really just enjoyed the evening! Darrin was also outstanding. His attention to detail amazed me, attending to us all night- even making sure that all of our belongings got back to our room at the end of the night (even wrapped our cake, collected all of our centerpieces and kept our cards safe).
We were able to hold an after party at their downstairs bar which was a perfect way to end the night.They also offer a buffet breakfast in the am which was convenient for our out of town guests and it felt like we having another party in the am!
For the location and price, I don't think you can find a better venue to host your Philadelphia wedding reception. Everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been to: great food, awesome location and exceptional service!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Just had my daughter, Kelly Mcstravock & A.J Weckenman wedding on 7/13/13.
Ceremony and reception there. What a great job everyone there did. The event planners Kellie and Angie ( great job), the chef, served the newlyweds himself and personally came to ask how our meals were ( they could not have been more delicious), the wait staff and bartenders thumbs up to all of you.
The bridal suite wonderful for getting ready. There was enough room for
hair, makeup, dressing, eating and celebrating.
Check in was very efficient.
I would highly recommend and hope to stay again to tour more of our
Lovely city.
Again thank you all for your attentiveness and professionalism and caring.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better event. The wedding planner Lisa Yau was the most professional and responsive person I have ever meet. From the first meeting she assured me that she took fully responsibility for the day, that ever detail would be addressed and handled. That as the father of the bride I was to kick back and enjoy the day. She fullied that committment and then some. The venue was magnificent, the service was second to none, and the food was delicious. The event host Darrin Winston added a touch of class to every detail, again going above and beyond ever step of the way. My daughter, her husband, my wife and I could not have asked for more. Thank you all for making my daughters day such a beautiful day.

Profile Picture John, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I first walked by the Courtyard Marriott a little more than a year before our wedding and remarked at how nice the building looked and wondered if we should get married there. When it came down to searching for properties we looked at many of the major downtown hotels but ultimately decided on the courtyard for several reasons.

The architecture is beautiful and faithfully kept in line with City Hall next door, but at the same time all the amenities are modern and up to date. This made for great wedding photos in and around the hotel. The ballrooms were the perfect size for our 130 person wedding (they go up to about 230ish). Other properties offered to put up an airwall for their large ballrooms which diminished the aesthetic, but the courtyard fit perfectly. They allowed outside caterers as well which was very important for an Indian wedding. Other properties we looked at insisted that we use their chef only (who had no experience cooking Indian food) or use only their approved Indian caterers. The banquet captain worked very well with our caterers and got them anything they needed. The location is excellent and allowed out of town guests quick access to Reading Terminal and sight seeing only a short distance away. The people were phenomenal, Lisa our sales manager answered all our questions before we signed the contract. We worked with Veketia, who was great. She left however about two months prior to the wedding for a promotion to the Courtyard at the Philadelphia Airport. We were worried about switching so close to the wedding but all our fears were abated when we met Dana. Dana took excellent care of us, hit the ground running and was always available via phone or email. She helped figure out all the last minute details and helped our wedding go off without any problem. All Of these reasons made the Courtyard excellent and to only make it better it was the best value we found for a hotel.

Profile Picture B, 6/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful wedding. Everything was stress-free. A really great place to have your wedding reception.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Food and service were impeccable.

Profile Picture Grant, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with the Courtyard Marriott was absolutely wonderful! From the very beginning with signing the contract, they were very receptive to my questions, requests and ideas. We live out of state, so planning this from afar was a challenge, but Veketia made sure that I slept easy at night by answering my thousands of emails quickly, offering ideas and suggestions, and fully coming through for us the night of. The place was gorgeous, the set-up was exactly as I had envisioned and the service was impeccable. Jeremy, our maitre'd even took my shoes for me at one point to file the edges of the heels down after I had traipsed through the city in them for photos. Talk about service! Our chef, Ricky, was so sweet and cooked the best food. My husband and I couldn't decide which meal we liked more, so they put together a combo meal for us, and Chef delivered them himself to us at our sweetheart table. I'm so happy we decided to have our reception here. We have heard from so many people, even weeks after the event, that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! And for a bride, let's be honest, that is probably the single best thing anyone could say to you, am I right? Thank you Courtyard, Veketia, Jeremy, Chef and Katie for everything you did to make our day extraordinary!!!!
Sincerely, Ali & Chris Morris

Profile Picture Ali, 5/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff from check-in to housekeeping in the next morning provided such excellent service.
The event staff especially, Veketia and Jeremy, made our wedding so beautiful with such class from start to finish. Veketia worked so hard on every little detail. We owe her a special thanks for making our night one to remember. The food prepared by the Chef and his culinary team is still talked about today. It was absolutely delicious and he was top notch from the taste testing dinner to the hors d'oeuvres , stations, and each entree that evening. It was so classy the night of our wedding when he personally came out to our head table to serve us himself. You all knocked in out of the Park!
Sincerely,
Ann Marie and James Burke

Profile Picture Ann marie, 12/31/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a SPECTACULAR wedding reception at the Courtyard Marriott and could not be happier with how everything went!!! We can't say enough wonderful things about them, so I will divide my review into sections so you can find the part that's relevant to you:

1. Booking the venue: we had some very specific requests/criteria for a reception venue, mostly because we were having an Indian-style party and a mixed cultural marriage/event. So, as a result, we looked at LOTS of venues in the Philadelphia area (but all in the city itself). We saw lots of beautiful places, but found the people/planners at these places to be unorganized, non-communicative, and unclear. Until we came to the Courtyard. Compared to other Philly vendors, they are a dream to work with -- their prices are clear and inclusive, they are flexible and willing to negotiate on things that are important to you, and they are prompt with emails and do what they say they will do. That meant a lot to us, especially because we were very busy with our work. Again, they way they do their pricing is that they give you a FLAT RATE per person that INCLUDES tax and gratuity. No guess work -- it's amazing. Major bonus points to them on the ease of the upfront contract negotiations and signing.

2. The physical space: It's beautiful -- the photos don't do it justice. We had previously thought of the Courtyard Marriott as more of business hotel, but this is not that at all. It's a historic building with gorgeous original details like the lobby ceiling, hard woods, and even this very cute mailbox from back in the day. It was recently renovated, so everything is new and fresh. It's so incredibly charming and the hotel had excellent service. Our guests were very pleased and kept complimenting us on what a gorgeous venue and great hotel it is. We also got a fantastic rate for our guests which was lovely. They have 2 ballrooms - The Grand Ballroom is smaller with stunning chandeliers and a great view of City Hall. The other (Junipers) has a gorgeous brass ceiling original to the building, has really beautiful blue carpet, and has a very unique area that can be converted to a lounge if your numbers are right. That was really fun for us to have -- sort of like a space inside the ballroom area for people to take it easy and have a break from dancing!

3. Wedding planning: all we can say here is that VEKETIA IS AWESOME! She is amazing -- very attentive, really gets to know you and what you want in the big day, and has excellent taste. She went completely out of her way to make sure that everything we asked for was executed with perfection. As an example, we had an outside caterer for the Indian food. She not only met with the caterers a bunch of times at the Courtyard, but she drove out to the restaurant herself and tried all the food so she knew exactly how to describe it to the wait staff. The staff not only knew the names of all the dishes (no small feat), but also knew the ingredients, spice level, etc. And what the caterer lacked in style/display capacity, Veketia made up for 10-fold. Everything was gorgeously displayed. That is quality service. And there are endless examples like that -- she just has excellent taste and insanely high standards for how everything should look and how the day should go. We were in such great hands -- made life very easy and relaxed for us.

3. Execution on our big day --- everybody at the Courtyard was AMAZING!!! Jeremy was our maitre'd and he was just spectacular. Everything we asked for was taken care of and executed without any hiccups whatsoever. I'm being serious here -- NOTHING WENT WRONG. The rooms looked gorgeous, the decor was impeccable, they did our desserts and they were the hit of the evening. Get the dessert buffet -- you will not be disappointed! We did not appreciate the scope of the dessert buffet, but were SO pleasantly surprised by how incredible it was!!!!

So in summary -- we had the most amazing and wonderful experience from start to finish working with the staff at the Courtyard Marriott. We could not have had a better experience, and I know for sure we could not have gotten more value for our money (especially with a city wedding) that we did here. They just run a fantastic business where the bride/groom are treated like royalty, and so many wonderful perks and freebies are thrown in because they take the time to get to know you as a couple and make your wedding dream come true!!!!

THANK YOU to everyone at the Courtyard Marriott!

Profile Picture User2046894, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I could not have been happier with the Courtyard from the start of contract negotiations to leaving the hotel the next morning. EVERYONE we worked with, including the bell men, were WONDERFUL. Veketia was my fantastic event planner and helped me with every little detail and answered my millions of emails. The ballroom is simply beautiful. What more could want than to look out at City Hall at night? The staff worked really hard to help us customize the wedding to our wants and needs, while helping us to cut costs. They put so many little touches that made our night so special. All of our guests had a great time and RAVED about the food (we did action stations with a mashed potato bar that I highly recommend and everyone loved). We couldn’t give the Courtyard Marriott Philadelphia Downtown enough praise for making our whole weekend unforgettable. They went above and beyond to serve us and make us happy. If you want a city wedding- you are crazy to go anywhere else!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amanda, 1/8/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I both loved our catering. The head chef served us all night and the food was delicious. Even food that I do not usually like I was eating! Everything from the salad to the desert was incredible and we could not have asked for better service!

Profile Picture Jayme, 3/19/10, 5 Reviews