Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown Reviews

43 | Minneapolis, MN

43 Reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown

Eric · Married on 04/26/2014

Lisa Heim was the best person that we could have picked to facilitate our wedding planning. She was professional, fun and kept us on track for what we thought was the most important day in our lives. We have been together for 14 years and figured that this could be just another party we threw but Lisa and her team made this an event that people will talk about for years!

The rooms, the staff, the set up of the ballrooms were all top notch. I would recommend Lisa and the Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to anyone that is planning on a meeting or party! WONDERFUL!!!!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Kate · Married on 03/23/2014

Beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 09/30/2014

GREG · Married on 11/02/2013

LISA COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE HELPFUL

Sent on 02/22/2014

Bri · Married on 10/19/2013

We were the first wedding here after the renovation, and we have nothing but good things to say! Lisa Heim was very helpful and catered to any of our needs to make our night perfect. They did all our set up and take down, took our cards and gifts to our room, and made our night NO stress. The venue was gorgeous, very modern. I got a ton of compliments on the food, big portions and it tasted incredible! I would recommend any event here, they do an amazing job!!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Very well organized. Responsive, helpful, and professional staff. A good location and a great facility (newly renovated) for an event.

Sent on 02/27/2014

Mimi · Married on 04/20/2013

Kyle Heidelberger was our event manager and he did an amazing job. He made sure our day turned out perfect and he was always available. He was very flexible and responsive. I was so happy with he level of professionalism and service. The food was great and the ballroom was beautiful. Dave Premack worked with us on our room block and he was very responsive and accommodating. Both Kyle and Dave provided excellent customer service.

Sent on 09/21/2018

The venue was spacious and beautiful, the food was delicious, the service was on-time and professional, the wait staff were courteous and incredibly helpful, and Lisa (our contact person at the hotel) was incredibly responsive, professional, creative, and adaptive to our needs. I would recommend that friends and family use this space and go with Lisa for weddings and other events!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Vivian · Married on 08/11/2018

It was great having our wedding at the Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown. It was fantastic working with the team and I enjoyed working with everyone especially Kyle.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

I was very pleased with the communication of the hotel representative that we worked with for our wedding. He was always available through email and on the phone. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Tyler Smith · Married on 06/15/2019

dt marriott

It was great being able to have everything in one place, that made life so much easier. Especially since we flew in from out of state!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Matthew · Married on 06/20/2015

Very happy we chose Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown as our hotel room block/guest accommodations. So easily accessible from our wedding venue (Campus Club of the University of Minnesota) and our rehearsal dinner venue (Republic Seven Corners). Parents also hosted a continental breakfast the morning after the wedding, which was very relaxed and very nice. We were very pleased with the accommodations, and our guests seemed happy, as well. They easily were able to use the shuttle to and from the hotel to our venue. The only issues we ran into was that parking was on the pricey side, continental breakfast (for our guests the other days) was not included, and there was no hot tub. But overall, we were very happy with the service and accommodations.

Sent on 07/03/2015

In searching wedding venues over a year in advance, we were really drawn to Courtyard by Marriott, Mpls Downtown because we had stayed there often, as a Holiday Inn, during the 4 years our daughter was in college, (always thoroughly enjoying the comfort & the staff/amenities) but also because it had been totally redone, & it was just beautiful!!! Still undecided though, if this would be our reception/dance venue on or nearest to campus, it was when we met with Lisa Heim, that we knew we'd made our decision. Lisa is so kind, thoughtful, organized, communicative, and wonderful to work with! Everything turned out perfectly & we couldn't be happier! Lisa has found her calling & we so enjoyed working with her. Most all the staff & all the wait staff was wonderful, the food was delicious (amazing chefs on site!), & the beds & pillows could not be more comfortable. Jim, our favorite bartender, was working the wedding as well, which only added to all the fun & excitement! We had 250 guests & it went ever-so-smoothly. The pre-function area was a great place for guests to visit & enjoy themselves, to view the display table, drop off their card or gift, & to find their place cards, while enjoying a favorite beverage. We have such wonderful memories of an amazing day!! Thank you for the wine pour, also!! It was a wonderful touch! We were so glad to have the secure Gallery Room for gifts in the evening, & gift opening on Sunday morning, as well. All in all, our day was very close to perfect!!!! If we could have changed the rule that you can't bring in your own snacks for social hour, that is all we'd change, but we understand. We live 150 miles away & things are different in the rural areas. :) Thank you to everyone, especially Lisa, Chef Edward (?), Jim, and the entire Courtyard staff for making our daughter's wedding the best day, ever!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Jane · Married on 08/23/2014

The staff was very easy to work with and the venue was beautiful. They tried to accommodate everything that we wanted for the night. I would work with them again.

Sent on 09/22/2014

I had my wedding reception here at Courtyard and it was fabulous! The food was delicious and the people are great to work with. I loved working with Lisa. She was fun, energetic, positive, and an all around great person to have worked with so that everything for my wedding reception fell into place on the day of my wedding. I highly recommend this place for reception or both ceremony and reception.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Courtyard Marriott went above and beyond our expectations. They really helped with everything imaginable. One frustration was the continuous change in people we worked with. Alot of role over in wedding planner. BUT with that said, all three people we worked with thought the yr were great!

Sent on 12/07/2017

I cannot say enough good things about our Jan 2016 wedding at this hotel. We wanted everything in one place for many reasons, so naturally we looked at a bunch of hotels in the area. Lisa was fantastic from the second we met her. She continued to be throughout the entire process which, you know, was a year of our lives. I felt pretty organized, but she was so on top of everything. I mean, every detail I would have forgotten, she brought it up and we made a plan. The staff went above and beyond for us. The bartenders and servers were great, even the maintenance guy my mom found to help with the decor was so sweet. We felt very taken care of and communication was always prompt with everyone involved. The menu choices were adjusted to our tastes and preferences without hesitation. Prices were always explained to us, and we were able to customize the whole evening to our vision. It is SO worth it to have someone do all the behind the scenes crap for you. And Lisa was just so incredible, I can't say enough good things about her. HIGHLY recommend this Marriott for a wedding. :D

Sent on 02/11/2016

Luke · Married on 09/08/2018

I can honestly say that working with Kyle and his team at this venue for our wedding was one of the easiest part of the wedding. They were very professional and had their ducks in order. Working with Kyle directly on all the details he was very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. He met all our requests and then some. The venue itself is beautiful, spacious, and well kept. All my guests enjoyed the food, the service, the hotel rooms. I'd highly suggest using this venue!!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Maria Orozco · Married on 09/30/2018

It went smoothly

I had my wedding here recently and I have to say that the staff was great. I wasn't the biggest fan of parking but Kyle (the wedding coord.) really worked with us to make us happy every step of the way. I really felt cared for. Even though they had so many other weddings, I felt like they gave us all the attention we needed. He was also very responsive to my concerns and quick to reply all my emails and questions. Overall great experience.

Sent on 10/26/2018