County of San Diego Parks and Recreation Reviews

San Diego, CA
Rating 4.9 out of 5, 6 Reviews
View more information

Leah Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful venue and easy to work with.

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding at Heritage Park. All of the rangers we interacted with were friendly, informative, and helpful. Plus, the price of the venue made it easy for us to have an intimate wedding on a budget. Our guests, photographer, and caterer all raved about their experiences with Heritage Park, as well. Highly recommend!
    Danni Married on 11/27/2015
    Ranger Paul and Ranger Beth were so amazing in helping to make my dream wedding day come true! They were very helpful and open-minded, and the location is absolutely beautiful. I used the inside of the historic house to get ready for the wedding, and my fiancé used the room down the hall. The photos are beautiful, and the building has this huge wrap around porch that leads out to an open field with a nearby creek. Beautiful location and very helpful rangers at an affordable price.
    Mark Married on 08/15/2015
    We have not had our event yet, but this venue has been SO accommodating and helpful. Paul, the ranger in charge of rentals, is more than helpful, answering all our questions (even when we called him on his day off) and showing us all the possibilities of the space. They give us access to the space the day before - assuming there are no other rentals - to set up and store our things for the day. There are a few strict limitations, like being out by sundown, no fire, and no small foreign items that could hurt wildlife (like glitter or rice for the send off), but other than that the flexibility has been awesome, even as far as helping us brainstorm when my fiancé and I got stuck on a couple item. I would HIGHLY recommend this space and these people. Picturesque, helpful, and affordable. Left plenty of money for the other items we need to pay for :)
    Riannon Married on 02/28/2015
    This venue is a great value. The park rangers are easy to work with, and will accommodate almost anything that doesn’t damage the ranch house or grounds. The ranch house site has a wide variety of great photo opportunities, and several ceremony and reception locations. They do not provide any rentals (tables, chairs), but they will clean the restrooms and trash cans as needs throughout the event. And you can’t beat the price!
    Nevada Married on 08/01/2015
    We chose Waterfront Park for our ceremony location only. We were directly between the Administrative building and the bay, where a wedding arch was already built into the venue space! Great value for the location, with fantastic views of the water, downtown buildings and the historic-looking Administrative building.

Security is provided in the cost which is helpful as the park can get very busy. Parking would have been a major issue at $18 a head, no discount for events. We chose to shuttle our guests over there instead and there was definitely space for the shuttle to pull up to drop off/pick up. We were able to easily plug in our sound equipment to the Administrative building.

The grass was quite dead near the arch, but it was summer's end and of course we are in a drought so it's understandable! Other than that everything went well. Communication with the park's team was fine, professional but not overly friendly or helpful, just the basics. There had not been a lot of weddings at this location prior to us, so I am sure their knowledge of events is growing! I would recommend this location for anyone looking for a great value, beautiful views and freedom to bring in your own vendors.
    Shalico Married on 08/07/2010
    If you are looking for a beautiful, no frills outdoor location, this is it. It was such a lovely and relaxing setting and I was so pleased to share my special day here with my family and friends.