Country Threads by Gail Reviews

Country Threads by Gail 6
Country Threads by Gail 7
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2018

Gail is a miracle worker!!

Gail is an absolute gem! She changed many aspects of my dress (removing sleeves, adding a corset back, etc) to suit my vision - and she did so perfectly. She is incredible. I was really thrilled with the quality of her work! The selection of dresses is amazing, especially in what appears to be such a small shop - there’s more than meets the eye!

Country Threads by Gail 8
    Country Threads by Gail 9
    Country Threads by Gail 10
    Country Threads by Gail 11

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

- [ ] I loved my experience at Country Threads by Gail. After doing a bit of research on dress shops, I decided to make this shop my first stop. It ended up being my last stop as well. I tried on 4 or 5 dresses with the assistance of the wonderful staff here and ended up finding the perfect one! Everyone here was wonderful about offering advice in choosing a dress and suggested a few options that I wouldn’t have even considered trying on...I ended up choosing one of those dresses I would have never considered. Gail was wonderful to work with through the alteration process and made sure everything fit perfectly! Their prices are excellent and I ended having to pay half of what I was expecting a dress to cost! I would highly recommend this shop!

Leah · Married on 03/02/2018

Everyone here was so sweet and accommodating! After watching me pick and try on a few dresses, they made a suggestion but warned that it was several sizes too big. After seeing it pinned, I knew it was the one. After the alterations, I was even more blown away. Super budget friendly as well! Held up just fine during the plane ride from PA to NV with only the steam of a shower as suggested by Gail, and survived the wind advisory at our desert wedding!

Country Threads by Gail 12
    Country Threads by Gail 13
    Country Threads by Gail 14
    Country Threads by Gail 15
    Country Threads by Gail 16
    Country Threads by Gail 17

Meredith · Married on 10/08/2017

I had a great experience at Gail's. My dress is amazing and affordable. I would recommend this shop to absolutely anyone!

Katelyn · Married on 09/16/2017

Great experience! I had my dress altered by Gail, and it came out perfect! I changed it from a zipper to a corset back and everyone LOVED it! My MOH also had minor alterations, which were perfect as well. Very adfordable, highly recommend!

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2017

Gail is absolutely AMAZING!! She is so accommodating and easy to work with, always finding time to work with her brides. We became close with the whole team, including Ingrid and Wendy! If you need your dress altered, don't go anywhere else but to Gail!

Rachel · Married on 06/03/2017

The most affordable place by far to buy a beautiful gown with expert alteration service. My mom found her mother-of-the-bride dress here as well.

Country Threads by Gail 18
    Country Threads by Gail 19
    Country Threads by Gail 20
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 12/10/2016

A gigantic "thank you" to Gail and all of her staff at Country Threads. They helped me find a dress with a veil under my budget. That looks stunning on me, and were helpful, supportive and friendly. My 8 year old was even with me, and they even interacted with her, helping her feel apart of mommy's big day. On the day of my wedding I know this dress will accentuate my inner Rockstar and elegance. Please, check this shop out, they are phenomenal!!

• Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/29/2016

Gail did such an amazing job making the dress that I had bought from her just exactly right. I had a couple alterations that I wanted that weren't standard, and they turned out perfectly in her capable hands. Loved everything about my experience here.

Gail is wonderful! Down to earth, professional, great value and exceptional work. I found her on recommendation of several friends and will happily pass along that recommendation. I didn't realize until after I visited the shop that Gail also has a huge selection of lightly used or off the rack wedding dresses, formal wear, and accessories. Would have enjoyed shopping there if I knew earlier. As it was, I had found a dress elsewhere that I wanted to use for my wedding but it needed to be reworked in several areas. Gail worked with me over several appointments to perfectly alter it to my specs, opening the back and changing some lines (she is really good at letting you know what will or won't work, and will be honest about what will look best). Then, two months before my wedding when I won an amazing dress in a contest, Gail didn't bat an eye when I asked if alterations could be completed in time (note that I would NOT recommend waiting that long to have your dress altered for the first time; Gail is very popular and her schedule fills up fast!). All in all, I can't recommend her enough!!

Alexis · Married on 08/13/2016

Gail is amazing at what she does. She altered my wedding dress and my moms dress perfectly. Her pricing is also unbeatable. Where I got my dress was going to charge me over $600. I only paid $185. I will defiantly go back to see Gail again if I ever need anything altered.

Melissa · Married on 07/30/2016

This was my first appointment and I did not expect to find the dress of my dreams, but I did! I was worried that the staff would hover, but it was the perfect amount of help. She even stayed open late so that my dad could come see me in my dress (since I never thought that I would find it on the first try). My dress was a new lace gown, but had some brown stains on the bottom. They were able to get the stains out without worry. Gail was also extremely helpful and down to earth with the alterations; she didn't try to swindle me into making big alterations that weren't necessary, she impressed me so much. Would totally recommend them to anyone!

Kimberly · Married on 07/09/2016

Gail has always done my alterations so when it came to my wedding day, I knew she was the person I needed! Gail met with me multiple times to ensure my gown would fit like a glove. On my wedding, day, the dress looked and felt wonderful, thanks to Gail! I would give Gail my highest recommendation! She is wonderful to work with!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2015

I am so happy to have found Country Threads. Gail was amazing, I was able to purchase a beautiful dress way under my budget and have it completely restyled to meet my vision. She was able to change the neckline , sleeves and back to make the dress of my dreams and STILL stay under budget! Would recommend to every bride I know!

Go to Country Threads first! Gayle has exceptional dresses and the prices are phenomenal. My dress was originally from David's Bridals and with the beautiful beading on the bodice probably retailed for more that $1200.00. I bought it for $380.00 and they were able to keep it there for 5 months at no extra charge as I was in the middle of moving. I also was able to find a hair accessory there that matched all my jewelry. Gayle and company are fabulous and take care of their brides; you will be amazed at their selections!

Colleen · Married on 07/18/2015

There is no question... Gail is the best! She is flexible, patient, great at what she does, and so reasonably priced! I am SO glad I went to Gail for my wedding dress alterations! She is excellent. :)

Gail was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator. Gail was terrific. She did the following;

- She took a size 12 wedding dress, which was too big and long for me, and made it fit like a glove.
    - She shortened the straps of my dress which were made out of lace, without it ever being obvious that anything had been done.
    - She took-in the dress made of silk, lace, and chiffon to fit my torso and waist in a complimentary way
    - She hemmed the dress, which had a chapel length train, several inches so that I would not step on it as I walked
    - She added a bustle, so that I could dance in my dress gracefully
    - She installed cups in the bust for support
    - She added a belt to the built-in undergarment so that the dress stayed "up", as the straps were delicate and the dress was heavy

I purchased my dress at a bridal salon in Pittsburgh, and they told me that a hem (alone) with them would cost $400. Gail's total cost was less than this. She is a significant value, and has significant skills, and she is also very sweet and a gem. I highly recommend her to any bride-to-be that is looking for someone to complete significant alterations to their gown. I had no trouble booking appointments with her, and the results of her work were truly fantastic.

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2015

I found and amazing dress and Gail helped me to customize it to make it "mine." Her work is fabulous and her prices are great!! So please with my experience!!

paige · Married on 06/06/2015

Absolutely impressed by this small dress shop. This was the first place I looked for a dress and I found the one I loved. Gail transformed it though. It looked completely different at the end of all the fittings from the first time I tried it on. Gail is a genious with the sewing machine. My dress was new at around $450. Gail added an illusion neckline and buttons down the back. She also hemmed the dress and took it from a size 12 to a size 4. All of these alterations cost around $150. She also made (from scratch) my flower girls dress for $70. My mother also ended up finding her dress and shoes here all for under $100. We were so happy with this dress shop and would recommend it to anyone!! Go see Gail!

• User4662041 · 2+ years ago

She was so helpful in finding the perfect dress for me at her shop! My alterations were only $80 and they would have been hundreds of dollars at David's Bridal. Her prices are the best that I have seen for both the gowns and the alterations. I highly recommend Country Threads by Gail!

Simply the best! Gail is wonderful and so very talented. You won't be sorry!

Amanda · Married on 01/17/2015

Gail is amazing! My dress was absolutely gorgeous and only $499. She has beautiful accessories as well at great prices. Her store had such a large selection of wedding dresses, bridesmaid, prom, mothers, and flower girl dresses as well. Her seamstress skills are amazing and also at such a low price. It only cost $150 to have the dress taken in 4 sizes, hemmed and bustled along with boob cups added and a cloth dress bag. I will definitely be using her for all of my seamstress needs from now on!

Kyle and Ellen · Married on 07/25/2014

For a great experience and excellent service and price. Check out this shop.
    Gail and her staff we helpful - we had room to move and try on the dresses. We also used Gail's services for the brides maid, flower girl and mother of bride dresses.
    If you are looking for a bargain and great service - check this out especially for wedding dresses. Gail has a large selection and if you can't find just want you are looking for she alters the dresses to match you style you are looking for.

Elaine · Married on 06/21/2014

Loved my dress and loved working with Gail!

Kailey · Married on 05/25/2014

I went to Gail with a dress that was about 8 sizes too big for me. She didn't even hesitate! She was wonderful to work with and the dress is absolutely stunning. Great prices wonderful woman! I would recommend her to anyone!!