48 Reviews for Country Club of the South

Decor (2)
Family Style (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Limited Bar (1)

The culmination of a beautiful love story….

Our daughter Amber was married at the Country Club of the South and what a wedding it was! From our first visit, Amber and Joseph knew that they had found the perfect venue. A classically beautiful site with a fabulous ballroom, a gorgeous view of the golf course, and a charming villa on site. The open floor plan, tall glass windows, and tall ceilings highlighted the beauty of the natural surroundings and provided a great ambiance. Since we were planning a wedding with Amber and Joseph out of state (she is a Vanderbilt graduate student), we knew we needed to have a coordinator that was a great communicator, detail oriented, and responsive.

Britney Milam was that person. Britney was willing and available to answer my various emails and her responses were perspicuous. She presented options, succinctly asked questions, and responded with an assurance throughout the planning process that our plan would be executed. Britney is certainly gifted in her position and an asset to the Country Club of the South. The seamless execution of the timeline and meal service was perfect! I must add that the bar and wait staff were wonderful. The plated dinners were served expeditiously and the drinks were “on fire”.

We must also provide a special thanks to Don White who went above and beyond to ensure the groom and the groomsmen were well cared for. Don was attentive to every one of our needs and provided the most relaxing space for the groomsmen as they prepared for Amber and Joseph’s special day.

We did take advantage of booking the Bridal Villa for 2 days which was one of the many great features of the venue. I would highly recommend doing so for your wedding.

We are extremely thankful for the guest experience and having Amber and Joseph’s vision achieved. Thank you to Britney Milam and the entire CCS staff for a wonderful wedding experience.

Drs. Brian & Andrea Davis

Profile Picture Amber, 9/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up

Having our wedding reception at CCS was a dream come true! We couldn't have picked a better venue and group of people to work with. The ballroom alone is absolutely gorgeous. It has an open floor plan, tall ceilings, and tall glass windows which allowed plenty of beautiful, natural light in. Our reception turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Britney Milam and the rest of the staff were PHENOMENAL! Britney was very approachable, detail oriented, responsive, patient, and reliable! She answered my thousands of questions honestly and in a timely manner. I cannot say enough good things about her. She thought about every detail and had an "I'll take care of it" attitude throughout the planning process. She is such a blessing and is fantastic at her job!

Another thing I liked about CCS is the minimum isn't just for food and beverage. Anything we wanted to add to the package, except for the villa, went towards the minimum, so there wasn't a lot of pressure to add on extra food and drinks or meet the estimated guest count.

The food was DELICIOUS! We served hot hors d'oeuvres (chicken spring rolls, lamb chops, bacon wrapped scallops, and a veggie quesadilla). The lamb was so tender and fell off the bone. We also decided to have a plated dinner and served grouper, chicken, and sweet potato ravioli (for our vegetarian option). All entrees came with a salad, a starch (parmesan risotto) and a veggie (asparagus). Since I am more of a donut person than cake, we opted for a donut tower. I provided the tower and Britney did the rest. The donut tower was a mix of glazed Krispy Kreme (my fave!) and vanilla glazed DD donuts. We also went with a 4-hour open bar, and added an additional 30 minutes once the party got going. We still remained within our minimum. The guests raved (and still rave) about cocktail hour food, dinner, dessert, and bar service! Let me just say that the bartenders did not serve weak drinks. Our guests were very happy. Everything went smoothly!

Photo for Country Club of the South Review - Dessert table
Photo for Country Club of the South Review - Dessert table
Photos
Profile Picture Gretel, 6/9/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Britney Milam (wedding coordinator) was absolutely fantastic!! We could not have picked a better venue! I was clueless planning a wedding, and Britney guided me throughout the process from food, day of timeline, and making sure we got everything we wanted for the wedding! The day of the wedding, there were so many decorations that I just told Britney to figure out where to put everything, and she did such a phenomenal job. I am still getting a lot of complements on how gorgeous the venue was, the decorations, the food, and all the hard work the staff put into making our day absolutely amazing! I CANNOT say enough about Britney and The Country Club of the South!! Truly an amazing experience from the very beginning!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Tables

I worked with Brittney Milam, she was amazing. She was very professional, extremely helpful and delivered all that was promised. The food was amazing, and service staff awesome. Beautiful venue! I could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Jan, 5/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I will sing the praise of Country Club of the South to the rooftop. Britney Milam was my onsite coordinator and she was absolutely awesome. She was prompt with answering emails and she guided me through creating a timeline and guided me throughout the evening. The staff was phenomenal. The first reason to choose this venue is because you have the venue all day!!!!! You don't have to worry about a wedding being ahead or behind you so there is no rush and pressure as far a timing. Another reason to select this venue is that the food tasting allows 4 people instead of only 2 allowed by other venues. They can accommodate their menu to fit your needs and the food was great. I still hear from my guests how awesome the food was at the Country Club. Another thing I would recommend which I did not get the chance to take advantage of is renting the villa for your wedding party to get ready. I was only able to rent it for 1 day instead of the 2 days I wanted for my wedding.

Profile Picture Janet, 3/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Centerpieces, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Since the moment we talked with Britney (wedding coordinator) and saw the venue we knew we had found our location. We had many guests from out of town, so using the venue for the wedding and reception was perfect! The location is so pretty, we needed minimal things to decorate (saving money) and it was able to accommodate the number of guests we were having (160) easily. Britney was quick to respond and was very good at making things happen efficiently for the tasting, rehearsal, day off, etc. She was there for any questions and had TONS of recommendations for other vendors that she had seen used before, which helped make planning much easier. Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was and we couldn't agree more! In regards to pricing, compared to other places we looked in the city of Atlanta, it was less expensive but just as beautiful with free parking, plenty of space, wonderful locker rooms to use to get ready in; the food was also amazing and comparable in price to other venues/caterers.

Profile Picture Susan, 5/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding at the Country Club of the South was everything I wanted. Britney did an amazing job at coordinating the wedding from the beginning to the end. I wouldn't change anything.

Profile Picture Sinecia, 3/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was great for the following reasons:
you can have the venue for whatever hours you would like-there are not 3 weddings a day here-only yours;
the venue is large with high ceilings but setting up your tables around the dance floor, you don't notice the empty space if you don't use it (I should mention that we did use the draping offered);
the surrounding trees and green that you see through all of the glass windows is lovely, along with the outside stone patio;
being able to rent the house behind the club for the bridal party/or guests is a big plus;
the value is outstanding to other venues/food that I priced;
dinner was flawlessly served in a expeditious manner;
and last, but certainly not least, is that Britney is the best to work with-she promptly answers emails, and works hard at her job and in pleasing you!
You cannot go wrong in choosing Country Club of The South for your event!

Profile Picture Deb, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I just had my wedding at Country Club of the South and it was more beautiful and flawless than I could have ever imagined. The event coordinator Britney is amazing. I did not have to worry about a thing on or leading up to my wedding day. The ballroom makes for an absolutely beautiful reception location, and our ceremony outside on the lawn was gorgeous. Everything was seamless moving from ceremony, over to the patio for cocktail hour, then inside for the reception. Britney and the staff took such great care of my husband and I and our bridal party, as well as all of our guests. The food was delicious and we kept hearing how much everyone enjoyed their dinners in the reception. i can honestly say everything about having our wedding at Country Club of the South was perfect and I would not have done anything differently.

Profile Picture morgan, 5/7/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Outside Cake, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

I cannot say enough about how great this venue was and how wonderful Britney Milam is. The venue is beautiful - it is spacious and breathtaking, which was just what I was looking for. There is a great indoor option for a ceremony if you are not having one outside and the surrounding landscaping makes for gorgeous photos. The menu served to our guests was phenomenal, so many commented on how good everything tasted.
Britney is very organized and quick to respond throughout the entire wedding planning process and will do anything possible to make your day great. We had multiple people from our wedding party come up to us and praise Britney and her professionalism. I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else and definitely cannot imagine it without Britney!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens

I can't say enough about Britney Milam and everyone at CCS. She found her calling in event planning and coordinating! She is positive, calm, fun and so easy to work with. Our daughter lives in Atlanta but I was planning the wedding from the west coast which can be challenging. Britney really did all of the heavy lifting and made things very simple for our family. I would highly recommend Britney and Country Club of the South if you are planning an Atlanta area wedding!

Profile Picture Jill, 4/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Country Club of the South was the perfect place for our special day. Britney, the venue's wedding coordinator, was spectacular and crucial in making our big day a success. We could tell that she is an expert at was she does from very early on. She was always one step ahead of us with all of the answers and attention to detail that impressed a detailed-focused, list making bride like me!
On the day of the wedding, we had family, vendors, and part of the wedding party show up late and yet Britney managed to get everything on track and on schedule without my knowing and getting even more stressed out! She was very accommodating during set up of our special tables. We had custom made desserts, party favors, DIY centerpieces and decorations. She always made sure we had everything we needed.
The venue itself is beautiful, well kept and cared for. The locker areas for getting ready were nice and spacious but not private. Members of the club were able to go in and out of the areas as needed but were all polite and unobtrusive.
What really made the CCS stand out to us was that we could come in at any time and stay as long as needed without having to pay more during the wedding day. We didn’t have to worry about another wedding being booked the same day or having to get out by a certain time after clean up!
The staff at the CCS is very friendly and professional. Everyone was incredibly polite and helpful. The cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and dinner buffet were great and our wedding party even got served separately for cocktail hour to ensure we got some after pictures. We got several compliments afterwards from friends and family that it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had!

Choosing the Country Club of the South was one of the biggest and best choices we made for our big day and if we had to do it all over again, we’d definitely still choose CCS!

Profile Picture Diane, 3/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing service that made our day absolutely perfect! Britney Milam was organized, calm and efficient. She covered every detail during the planning phase, and on the day of the wedding she made sure everything went off as planned. The entire staff at CCOS was helpful and professional. Just perfect!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Country Club of the South was a fabulous place for a wedding reception and ours was beyond any expectations we had in every way! We had a fairly large reception, with 220 people. Despite the large crowd, the service was incredible; the food was hot and delicious; and the venue was fabulous! The space is perfect for all sized crowds due to their ability to partition the space and there is fabulous access to a beautiful patio overlooking the 18th green for cocktails. There are wonderful photo opportunities everywhere that include lots of options in the event of bad weather. Britney Milam, the events director, is so professional to work with and is very experienced. She was there to offer us expert advice any time we asked. Additionally, she was always so prompt at getting back to us. She was such a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend this beautiful venue and their wonderful staff!!!!

Profile Picture Nancy , 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Country Club of the South. Britney was fantastic to work with. From the initial planning to giving us suggestions to making last minute changes, Britney was super helpful and flexible. We planned to have an outdoor ceremony, but due to the weather, we had to change our plans a couple days before the wedding. We also had to move a few of our guests around the day before and she was able to take care of it without any issues. We had a wonderful experience working with Britney. With her help, I was able to be as stress-free as possible.

Profile Picture Vienna, 3/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held the reception for my daughter's wedding at Country Club of the South. They did a wonderful job in all areas. Britney Milam was great to work with and helped with so many planning questions. The food was excellent and we had multiple guests comment that they thought the food was the best wedding food they had ever had. Really a beautiful venue. Would highly recommend it.

Profile Picture User3825448, 2+ years ago, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used this venue for our Reception only. Britney Milam was so awesome to work with. I was planning the entire event for my daughter who resides in NC. It was my first and I had no idea where to start. Britney gave great suggestions and referred me to some great vendors. She took full charge of our reception and we were able to enjoy our guests and our evening! We went with her suggestions for how the evening should go and we were so pleased! The Club was a beautiful setting, the food was delicious, the staff was very professional. We did not have any negative situation at any time from planning to event.

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brittany Gerard and her staff were the most caring, professional and sophisticated people my wife and I were exhilarated to work with. From our first contact with her, to the planning, to the execution of our wedding plans , she performed at the highest level. Hence, my wife and I didn't have no problems paying the fees WHICHC by the way, weren't as expensive as we originally thought.
Thanks Brittany for all you did to make our day special. We will definitely refer you to anyone looking for a place for their wedding.

Amanda and Nsimba

Amanda and Nsimba

Profile Picture Nsimba, 8/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Britney and her team at Country Club of the South are INCREDIBLE! We fell in love with her and the venue during our first meeting nearly a year before our wedding and were continuously blown away with each visit thereafter. Britney is so laid back and relaxed, which is the exact opposite of what I encountered at other Country Clubs. She doesn't feel like CCS is entitled to your business - she truly wants to earn it! I honestly can't say enough good things about her! You will absolutely be in good hands!

The venue itself is stunning! We had full access to the club and locker rooms all day before our ceremony, which provided more than enough space to get ready. The ballroom has great indoor and outdoor spaces and quickly converts from ceremony to reception.

The food was AWESOME!!! We received more compliments on the food than anything else. We had pecan crusted chicken, flat iron steak, au gratin potatoes, grilled veggies, and the wedge salad - all of which was to die for!

Britney referred multiple vendors, which we ended up booking simply based on her recommendation. I would highly recommend CCS - there's just no comparable club in the Atlanta area!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a first class experience at the Country Club of the South! BrittanyAnn and the entire CCS staff was fabulous to work with- organized, professional and very timely with responses. BrittanyAnn took care of everything for us, right down to the little details. From the day I called to inquire about holding our wedding at the club to the last minute of our reception, we received top notch service and had an A plus experience. In addition to fabulous service and a beautiful venue, the food was fabulous!! We would highly recommend Country Club of the South for your wedding! If we could do it all over again, we would not change one thing!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Country Club of the South was the perfect wedding venue in every way. It was a beautiful setting, but most importantly, the staff was extremely professional and provided first class service. BrittanyAnn Gerard was our coordinator and she couldn't have done a better job. She helped us meticulously plan every step of the ceremony and reception without making it a time-consuming burden. She was there every step of the way on the big day to make sure that the plan was followed. We were absolutely thrilled with the way everything turned out!

Profile Picture Tory, 7/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Relax! With Britney and her team you are in great hands. She will think of things you forget, she will make things smooth, so that you, your new husband, and all your guests have a fabulous time!

Profile Picture Jen, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Country Club of the South did an excellent job with our wedding. BrittanyAnn communicated with us and made it easy to plan, which was even more impressive since we don't even live in Georgia. Everything went off smoothly and it was a lovely event.

Profile Picture Hava, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Country Club of the South. It was WONDERFUL and Britney, the events coordinator, is the BEST. In my letter to the manager I wrote 'I was totally relaxed, enjoying our wedding day because I trusted that Britney would take care of it all, a feeling that not all brides get to have.' I will tell you why The CCS was the best choice for us. We looked A LOT :) First, the venue is BEAUTIFUL and flexible. It has options for inside/outside ceremony, cocktail hour and a huge room for the reception. A rainy day should not stress you out here. Second, the amenities. Many venues told me when I could arrive, when my vendors could arrive and if we wanted to be there earlier - $. At The CCS me, mom, and my BM arrived at 10 am and spent the morning in a ladies lounge, got our hair and makeup done, had lunch and mimosas - just relaxed. Whether you are arriving early or not a great place to hang out before the ceremony. The guys arrived at 1 and had their 'mans room' (from what I heard is equally as awesome and comfortable) where they had lunch and got ready. (Other venues showed me the spare bathroom/room we could wait in before the ceremony and no options of getting ready there). Parking is free and totally accessible to your guests. There is a villa which we did not rent but is available and situated across from the Club. There is a fire pit outside, huge fireplace in and so many beautiful options for pictures at the club and on the golf course. Third, the staff. The chef is amazing! Our food was wonderful. The bartenders and servers were friendly and fun (they do events here daily for members. Not a Saturday job only) And Britney! No need for a 'day of' coordinator! From sparkler types to seating chart advice and last minute changes she was a phone call away. She organized guests, dealt with vendors/timing and checked on me and my family. Britney is professional, experienced and AMAZING to work with. Thank you for a beautiful, stress free, and fun wedding!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/13/12, 2 Reviews