Country Bride and Gent Reviews

Country Bride and Gent 4
Country Bride and Gent 5

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2010

3.0

I got my wedding dress here and everyone was so helpful and friendly - I really got to know everyone because I stopped in at least 6 times to try on my dress for family members and to do my fittings, etc. They were great to work with and the dress was beautiful. The only problem was with the seamstress - she was very pleasant and flat out adorable, but when we told her where we lived it was as if a light went on in her head and my mother and I swear she charged us more because we live in Doylestown. Also, I was given two choices for my bustle, and when I went in for my fitting my mother and I thought it looked horrible as it was crooked and pulling the dress strangely, plus not what we had asked for. So the seamstress showed us another option which we were not given previously, and we had her redo it and it ended up looking great. However, when we went in for the final fitting, the bride before me also was disappointed in her bustle and asked for a different one, and we got charged for her to redo it! It was upsetting that we spent hundreds of dollars just to have the dress taken up half an inch and to have the bustle done twice, but for the price of the dress we can't complain on how much it ultimately cost.

Sent on 06/15/2010

kristen · Married on 08/02/2008

I had no problems with them...

Sent on 09/07/2008

Cristina · Married on 02/20/2010

3.5

After I went to several shops I walked into this store and they were awesome!!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Holly · Married on 06/14/2013

I actually bought my dress at the Country Bride in Bensalem, PA before it closed down and they consolidated into one store in Lansdale. I did not know this was happening when I purchased my dress 6 months before. However, the woman at Country Bride knew exactly what I was looking for when others said I would not be able to find it and would have to settle. There was no problems having the rest of my appointments in Lansdale other than that it was farther away and more inconvenient. The service in the Lansdale store is good and they have a lot of nice dresses for reasonable prices. My seamstress was Ann (I think). She is British and only works Mondays. She was the best. However, alterations were very expensive for little work (taking it in a little and shortening it was about $400). Overall I am satisfied and I do love my dress.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Caitlin · Married on 07/16/2011

I had a 100% amazing experience with every single person working in this shop except Regina. I found her to be somewhat rude and defensive when I questioned the size she suggested I ordered in my dress. I generally order the smallest size most anything comes in, as I'm extremely petite, especially up top. She suggested I ordered one size up and the seamstress told me that even the smallest size would have needed to be taken in. Either way, it was the same expensive price for alterations, but the principle annoyed me.
    Laura was extremely sweet and was actually working the day I picked up my dress. I think she had tears in her eyes as I was leaving! She gave me a big hug and I felt fortunate to have met her. She even had one of the men who work in the Tux side carry my dress out and load it into my car. My family has purchased many dresses from this shop and will continue to be loyal customers!

Sent on 08/01/2011

4.2

I had a wonderful experience at Country Bride and Gent. I went on a rainy winter evening on a whim, as my engagement photo session had been canceled due to weather, and was looking to try dresses on for the first time to cheer me up. Wouldn't you know - dress number 5 out of 7 was the winner! It was a luxurious Casablanca gown, embellished lace slightly A-line with a v-neck in front and low v in the back. It was so unique compared to the strapless gowns I see everyone in these days, and the detail of the beading and lacework had me fearing it was well beyong my $1200 budget - but it was well under!

The dress came toward the end of May for my end of July wedding, which was the perfect amount of time to have one of their seamstresses fix only a minor detail with the straps and sew in bra cups and bustle. The ladies measured me so well that when the dress came it literally fit like a glove - no serious alterations needed! And they were very accomodating to the 9 bridesmaids and mothers I brought in with me to get our dresses. They were a gorgeous Bill Levkoff chiffon dress in pale yellow, which followed the neckline of my dress which was pretty neat. It was also great to be able to give my girls a 20% discount on their dresses since I bought mine there.

Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Debbie · Married on 11/19/2011

3.0

My dress was beautiful with a lot of beading in the bodice. I had some alterations done - the creation of a corset back, which cost almost as much as the dress! On the day of my wedding the first loop - the most important loop - broke. Thankfully, we were able to find a needle and thread to fix it along with some double stick tape. My matron of honor certainly had her hands full!!!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2008

4.2

I bought my dress here and that went well. I also bought my veil and headpiece there and they were beautiful! Also, I did that with only two months before. They also let me use their samples for my trial hair appointment. However, we also got the tuxes from there... The tuxes did not fit well at all. Some guys had the sleeves too long, others the vest didn't fit. I think they need to work on that.

Sent on 08/28/2008
  • Cecilia

Cecilia · Married on 09/03/2016

3.0

I absolutely loved my dress, and the people I worked with to try dresses on were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that they tried to get one of my bridesmaids to order her dress in a larger size even though the dress fit her PERFECTLY. Was not happy with this because they were clearly looking for extra money for alterations which would have been ridiculous since the dress already fit. I got my dress altered somewhere else because I heard alteration prices were crazy.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Crystal · Married on 10/17/2009

3.5

I got my dress from the Country Bride and the price of it was great! They have a huge selection of brides gowns and bridesmaids all at reasonable prices. They do have Tux rentals there as well, but we didnt' use this because our wedding was out of town and we had party members coming from all parts of the US (so we went with Men's Wearhouse instead).

The only thing that I didn't understand was the extreme cost of Mother-of-the-Bride dresses. These dresses were nearly the same price as mine!! So, while I do recommend this place for brides and bridesmaids, I'd take your mom somewhere else.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

1.5

Groom's Review:
    Final product was a success. Staff was very accommodating during first fitting and final fitting to ensure that all of us guys in the bridal party looked good. I had to go down a coat size (and one of my groomsmen a pant size) only days before the wedding, and it was taken care of. My major complaint was the service rendered during the pre-fitting phase when planning was in the works to choose and try on different vest and tie colors. I had to keep calling them to see if things had come in and I ended up not trusting country bride to phone me when they said they would (they get extremely busy during prom season). Overall, the finished product was great, but the journey there was a bit bumpy.

Bride's Review:
    The selection and prices are excellent. The woman that worked with me during the process, Laura H., was incredible. She was so caring and accommodating and really went the extra mile (or ten) for me to feel special and look beautiful! The seamstress was also very sweet, although I wish I had another fitting the week of the wedding because I lost additional weight in that amount of time (which I have heard is pretty common for stressed out brides). Other staff, however, are not as helpful. In fact, the store sent me a card informing me that my wedding dress was in, when it really wasn't, and when I called concerned that my dress wasn't in, they basically did not know where it was or whether it was in or not. It did come in with plenty of time, however, and it was fine. This raises another issue--they only send a small postcard when your wedding dress (i.e. one of the most important parts of your big day!) gets in, which is easily lost and may very well not reach your mailbox. I do not know why they simply cannot pick up the phone. Other than that, though, I think this is a great shop for all wedding attire.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Cathy & Jimmy · Married on 06/05/2010

3.0

Overall I have a very good experience at Country Bride for my wedding dress. I thought they had a good selection and the prices were very reasonable. I had visted a number of other stores and finally found my dress here. It was picked out by the person who was helping me. My sister and cousin also bought their dresses here and had good experiences also. The only complaint I have is the customer service sometimes with the people we answer the phone and a couple of the people at the front desk were not so friendly.

Sent on 12/10/2010
  • MichelleBlair

michelle · Married on 07/12/2009

3.0

I bought the wedding dress of my dreams at Country Bride. They had a bigger selection of "mermaid" style dresses that any other vendors I went too. However, my groom didn't like the tuxedo selection too much, and they didn't have ring bearer tux's that were small enough for our little guy! The alterations were well done, but very expensive! 3 of my best friends got their wedding dresses and tux's here as well! Overall, you should go to Country Bride before you buy your dress! The workers are really helpful and patient!!!

Sent on 10/25/2009

jared · Married on 11/03/2002

We got tuxedos from there and everyone was very happy with the attire.

Sent on 04/18/2008
  • W

William · Married on 10/22/2016

3.5

We ordered our tuxes and bridesmaids dress from Country Bride and Gent for our October 2016 wedding. They were very easy to work with and had a large selection.
    We were very impressed with their tux selection and the price of rentals. We had gone to one store previously and for the SAME EXACT HIGH QUALITY DESIGNER LABEL tux were able to get it for nearly $100 less. Do yourself a favor and at least go look at Country Bride for tuxes. You wont' regret it. Gene is the guy to ask for when you are tux shopping!
    The bridesmaids dresses were also great and the girls got so many compliments on the day of the wedding!
    I would recommend making your appointment on a weeknight or during the week. The weekends were so busy.

Sent on 11/20/2016
  • Aldie

Christina · Married on 03/20/2010

2.5

My girls found their dress here and had no problems until they each called in to place their order. At this time, there was a lot of confusion with paper-work. The girls and country bride each had to call me to clarify the dress color and price. I spoke to someone their to clarify everything and to ask for the paper-work to be cleaned up because all of the correct info was there it seemed but it was difficult for the sales person to read. There were no problems after this. The girls dresses came in on time and everyone loved the dress.
    I also got my dress here 2 months before the wedding after my original shop informed me that my dress was not going to come in. I called country bride and they took me right away and I bought a dress off the rack with a slight discount. The dress was beautiful after it was altered by my seamstress!!!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

I went to four stores before I found my dress at Country Bride. My mom and sister also bought their wedding dresses there so it was a nice family tie. We often had to wait at appointments and the sales women didn't seem to genuine. I had some confusion about the deal with the tuxes so my fiance and I went elsewhere for the groomsmen.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2010

3.0

I purchased my wedding dress at Country Bride and Gent. My dress cost around $1100 and was absolutely beautiful. My only complaint was because of the detail in my dress I was told that I needed to get a halo to hem...which is where the dress maker will make the dress to my height. So therefor I had to buy my wedding shoes in advance which would of been ok if my dress had come in the proper length. I was told since my dress came in too long that I would have to either go buy 3 1/2 inch heels or 2 3/4 inch heel and wear a double slip under my dress. Now ladies all that acrinalin under your dress...it get hot under there. My seamstress told be I only needed 8 bustles for my dress, well just to tell you I had to pin my bustle us before my reception even started..8 bustles was not enough to hold my heavy dress. I will say the girls at the shop are very nice and helpful but with the knowledge I have now I would of never did the halo to hem, it would of saved me $100 and I would of asked for double the bustles that would of saved me the headache at my reception. On a positive note the dress was beautiful and I looked great in it.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2013

3.0

When I went to buy my bridal gown, Regina, our sales associate was incredibly helpful and kind! She helped me find the perfect dress after I described the look I was going for.

However, when I brought my bridesmaids/flower girl in for their dresses, the service we received was less than great. My wedding planner called twice to confirm our appointment and insure that the dress we were going to try on was pulled and that they had multiple dress of the same type to try on. When we got there, we had to wait around for 20 minutes while they found the dress!! Then we had to wait for a dressing room even though we had an appointment!! We knew it was going to be busy on a Saturday, which was why we scheduled the appointment! I was very irritated that they were not prepared for our appointment!

The woman who did my bridal gown alterations was very helpful, however, and they were flexible with me when I had to reschedule my final appointment. The day of my wedding though, I noticed that the hook & eye clasp that we specifically asked to be sewn on to my gown was NOT DONE even though we paid over $300 in alteration fees!

Country Bride/Gent was a hit/miss for us. We had great service one day, terrible service the next. So, you can take your chances with this place.

Sent on 09/16/2013

3.5

I'd like to start by saying that I LOVED my dress. This little shop may seem a little rough around the edges, but maybe that's what enables them to keep their prices down, and that is 100% OK in my book! The first time I went they didn't show me THE dress, even though it was exactly what I described, but I called and asked if they had it and went back to try it on.

I also had my alterations done there. If you have a great seamstress or can find one, I would recommend going elsewhere for alterations. My dress was measured with my shoes before it was ordered so it would be the right length when it arrived. It was over an inch too long (this isn't the fault of the store, but it was still annoying). So I needed it taken in in the shoulders a bit and a hem. The dress had absolutely no structure and had a low back so a bra was out of the question. When I went for the fitting, I asked for cups to be put in for some support. I guess I expected that cup technology had improved since high school or something, but they were those same awkward cloth pointy cups that I had in a prom dress long ago. They did nothing, so I was back to square one looking for support. The shoulders were taken in and the hem measured. The employee helping me called afterwards to tell me that they were going to wait for the second fitting to do the hem in case the shoulders changed the length, which was fine with me. Went for the second fitting...they had done the hem already. The shoulders were still loose and the dress was still too long, which I told the seamstress and she told me I was wrong. During my wedding the straps kept falling off when I was dancing and I was stepping on my dress ALL night even once it was bustled. I was NOT happy with that. I just feel that for the amount of money I spent for the dress and alterations, the alterations should have been better.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Amy · Married on 06/02/2012

3.5

The Country Bride & Gent provides personal service, and we had a great experience every time we visited the store. My gown turned out beautifully, and it was priced reasonably.

Unfortunately, we had some challenges with the bridesmaids dresses and tuxes. My sister and maid of honor received a dress that did not fit in the chest area. The frustrating part was that during the sizing appointment, my sister acknowledged her large chest and asked about 10 times if the size they planned to order would fit. She was assured that alterations could be done if not, however, we learned later that the actual style could not be altered to accommodate the changes needed.

The best man's tux had a large stain on the vest. Fortunately, we chose a dark color and it wasn't too noticeable, but it was still disappointing that we were given something so dirty.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Maria · Married on 02/20/2009

3.0

The usual ~ order dress big, you pay for alterations ~ all ended well, and they're local.

Sent on 07/27/2009
  • Eileen

Eileen · Married on 11/20/2010

3.4
      3.0

Overall my experience w/ CB & G was good, but it could have been better. Dont get me wrong, I LOVED my dress but there was more to be desired from this bridal salon. I would have preferred more individual and personalized service and in my honest opinion, I felt more like a number then anything. They seem to have a system of having you in and out as quickly as possible. Again, I would have hoped for more quality customer service considering my ENTIRE bridal party purchased and rented from there. It upset me that on the most important day of my life, my Mom wasnt happy with her dress selection due the fact that the seamstress messed up, and didnt correct the mistake after being told more then once. On a closing note, thank you to the staff for your efforts but I dont think I will be back any time soon.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Dianne · Married on 09/07/2013

3.2
      3.5

We found the exact dress that we wanted and they gave us a bit of a discount due to an issue we had with the first dress we ordered from another vendor. The dress came in a couple of weeks later that expected, but in time enough for the wedding. Their alterations were a bit expensive so we had to go elsewhere for that. Their selection and quality were superb though!!

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • Kimpy

Kim · Married on 05/07/2016

3.2
      2.5

I went to six different bridal salons before going to the Country Bride & Gent. My first appointment was great – The woman who helped me was very nice. There were many different styles of dresses to try on. I made another appointment and finalized the dress I wanted. It was always extremely busy there the second time I went. I feel like the staff was friendlier to those who did not purchase anything there yet. After I made my first deposit, their attitudes changed. My dress finally came in, and they called for me to come and pick up my dress and schedule alterations. I told them I only wanted to come in and try on the dress to make sure everything was ok. I did not need alterations with them, and I told them that when I ordered the gown. I got an attitude on the phone that I really shouldn’t use anyone else for alterations. I made an appointment and she hung up on me very fast. I called the day before picking up my dress to make sure they had my appointment. They confirmed I was in the book, so I went on my scheduled time to try on the gown. When I walked in, the store was packed. I finally had someone come to me (I was standing at their counter for a long time). They told me I was not in their book and I should have made an appointment. I told them I did confirm it the day before. I had to wait 30 minutes before they brought out my dress. I didn’t even need someone to help me put it on, but they insisted they had to help me. The woman was complaining the whole time that I should have made an appointment. She told me I was rude for just walking in when they were busy and forcing them to leave the other brides alone. I told her I did make an appointment and she didn’t believe me. I then had to wait a long time after that before I could get them to wrap up the gown and have me pay. They put all of their focus on another bridal party when I was just trying to pay and get out of there. At least my dress was beautiful!

Sent on 12/23/2016