Country Bride and Gent Reviews

Country Bride and Gent 3
Country Bride and Gent 4
Country Bride and Gent 5

Elise · Married on 05/28/2011

I actually found my dress at another shop but was so impressed with the service I got at Country Bride and Gent that I ordered it through them! Collette was absolutly amazing and made the whole experience a blast! They was so flexable and made each trip to the store another fun adventure! Thank you so much Collette and the rest of the staff at Country Bride for giving me the best dress ever!!!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Shannon · Married on 10/16/2010

This is where my girls purchased their dresses from. We originally found their dress at L&H in the Northeast but they wanted over $200 for the dress! So I had my MOH research other places that carried the Bari Jay line. She found 3 other places we set out to each one of them and instantly fell in love with country bride and gents! They were not the cheapest but that didn't matter it was the level of service they provided us while we were there.

Sent on 02/25/2011
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/09/2010

Country Bride was used for ourentire bridal party. I purchased my dress there as well as all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Also my parents both purchased their attire at COuntry Bride as well. I still cant get over how gorgeous my dress looked and I keep hearing how amazing my girls looked in their dresses. My MOH's were in a sleek, corset back dress in fuschia and the rest of my girls were in the same dress but in a solid back. I changed the strings for the corset of my sister's dress so each had a black and pink detail. They all looked amazing! For the guys, we did a black under shirt with black vests and pink tie, Best man was in the same but a pink vest and tie. And my groom was an ivory vest and tie with black under shirt. I cant get over how snazzy they all looked. Loved it!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Mariah · Married on 09/11/2010

We rented all of the tuxedos from The Country Bride. Will, at the West Point store, was so nice. Although most of the tuxes were rented through that store, my dad was conveniently able to rent his tux at the Bensalem store. The selection of styles and accessories was great.

Sent on 10/31/2010
  • F

Carly · Married on 08/15/2010

Country bride and gent made my wedding so much fun and easy. I got everything here. My dress ($700), all my girls dressed (about $180 each), the tuxedos (about $119 each), my accessories, and my invitations (about $300.00). Everything was well worth it and I felt like a queen every time I went in there. Regina and Laura were great. Also, my alterations were great and affordable. They were done by June whom I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/23/2010

We got everything for our 18 person bridal party plus my dress and my husbands tux here. Everything was easy they were even helpful with getting one of my slow bridesmaids to order. I felt like a princess that day and the dress fit like a glove. I am a plus size bride and it was nice to actually have dresses to try on in my size, it made choosing much easier.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Heather · Married on 05/07/2010

Michelle at the CB&G on Street Rd in Bensalem was wonderful. She was straight and to-the-point and didnt beat around the bush. I was about to buy one dress and she, all of the sudden, remembered that a beautiful dress had literally just been put on "the rack".. which was basically a round with discontinued gowns. well needless to say, it was beautiful, fit PERFECTLY, was clean and $399!!! what were the chances?! instead of making the higher priced sale, she got me the best bang for my buck - and a dress that was so much better than the other one i was going to get!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Karin · Married on 11/14/2009

I went to the Country Bride & Gent on Sumneytown Pike in West Point PA in Oct 2008, one year before the big day. Flossie, was my consultant. I had no idea what I wanted in a dress or what would work with my figure, only a budget & a picture of a dress from the internet that I liked (no guarantee it would look good on me). Flossie pulled 3 dresses all in my price range.

The first dress, by Alfred Angelo, was almost identical to the picture I brought in; was in my budget; and before Flossie finished tying my corset back, I was crying in the dressing room...I knew this was "the dress".

We got all my accessories there; the bridesmaids gowns and all the tuxedos at Country Bride & Gent. Ed in the tuxedo shop, matched the groomsmen's tuxedo's to the bridemaids dresses exactly! The tie David had, complimented my gown.

On our big day, everyone loved my wedding dress, especially, the lace jacket I got with long, flowing sleeves.

Flossie, Gina (our seamstress), & Ed at Country Bride and Gent were all professional & friendly and truly amazing.

Thank you all for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Grace · Married on 09/19/2009

My dress was perfect and the seamstress created an amazing bustle! They helped me find my dress when 10 stores before them could not. My only complaint is on my bridesmaids behalf... they had 2 of my size 4 girls order size 8 dresses, scaring them into thinking their real size wouldn't fit! Obviously they needed alot of alterations!

Sent on 10/13/2009

A · Married on 09/03/2009

This vendor was amazing and the staff provided excellent customer service. They had huge selection of dresses to choose from by various designers. They were very patient and made sure I chosed the perfect dress to fit my body shape. The seamstress was wonderful; my dress was perfect. I would highly recommend this vendor and the prices were great! Thanks for helping me look amazingly beautiful on my special day.

Sent on 10/24/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/19/2009

The people working at the Country Bride & Gent were great! I had a pleasant experience and now my sister just found her dress there as well.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Cara · Married on 05/17/2009

Country Bride is a wonderful bridal shop full of attentive, kind, helpful, genuine people. They helped me hunt down my dream gown and ordered it special from the company for me to try. The tailors there were outstanding and did an excellent job on the alterations of my gown. I was so lucky to have found such a great place to purchase my gown from. Thank you!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Meghan · Married on 08/09/2008

I loved my dress, it was just so elegant! I added beaded cap sleeves to my dress which was originally strapless and they did such a wonderful job, the sleeves just made the dress. My veil was also gorgeous; several friends have asked to wear it as their something borrowed. I thought the prices were reasonable including the alterations.
    I planned my Philadelphia wedding from Boston and the shop really worked with as far as fittings. Because I was doing my planning on weekend trips to the area, I had little time to spare. Country Bride opened early for me to do my fittings so that I could spend the rest of day working on other wedding things!

Sent on 03/05/2009

renee · Married on 05/25/2008

They are very helpful and great customer service ! also , a great selection

Sent on 05/27/2008

Megan · Married on 09/26/2006

Beautiful! Great service, alterations.

Sent on 02/13/2008

Holly · Married on 06/18/2005

I would definitely recommend this bridal shop to anyone in this area! I went in and had a budget that I needed to stick to and found a BEAUTIFUL dress! Not only was my mom crying when I found it, but the woman that was helping was almost in tears too! It was great!

Sent on 10/26/2007

Deven · Married on 07/09/2016

We purchased my mother's mother of the bride dress and two flower girl dresses at Country Bride. They little girls dresses were absolutely adorable and fit the girls well. My mother looked just beautiful in her dress and we are very appreciative of the alterations that they made to her dress. Thank you!

Sent on 12/13/2016

I called because I was in Skippack and couldn't find a dress. There was an opening the same day (lucky!) and they took me. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I found my dress that day. The dress itself was of course beautiful. I will say that I loved my alterations and cannot say anything bad about the work, but I did feel that it was pricey; however, I'd rather pay for quality than for something to happen to my dress. I will say that $10 for each bustle was a little pricey...especially when recommended that you get 7. I think I spent almost as much in alterations that I did on my dress. Overall, love this store, love the people, and I always recommend the services.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/26/2013

All staff at Country bride and Gent were very nice to deal with, very professional and very patient. The only negative comment I have was when my daughter went to put her gown on the hook for the hook n' eye was missing at the top of her wedding dress. It caused a bit of a melt down for the Bride and it was too late for anything to be done. We were not at home and I had nothing to repair the dress. It caused the Bride and her wedding party to constantly pull up the dress(it was strapless) in the breast area!!!! I did look the dress over hours before the wedding but didn't realize the hook was missing. Looking back on it now, it was a huge inconvenience especially when its the first thing my daughter tells everyone about her wedding day. ALL BRIDES LOOK YOUR DRESS OVER CAREFULLY regardless of where you get it. I would still definitley recommend COUNTRY BRIDE and GENT..

Sent on 11/24/2013

Country Bride and Gent was recommended to me by several friends who all got their wedding gowns there, and I'm so happy I went! My consultant Collette listened to exactly what style I was looking for, and she wound up pulling the gown I picked! I went to several other stores, and Country Bride had by far the best service and staff. They are incredibly friendly and helpful, and seem just as excited about your wedding as you are! The only thing I had concerns about, was that my gown came in with just a month until the wedding, I would have liked a little more time to not rush and get alterations, but other than that they were fantastic. I would recommend them to any bride.

Sent on 09/30/2013

The ladies at Country Bride and Gent were very helpful. The dress I wanted was only carried at the Bensalem store (not close to my parents' house) so they sent the dress from Bensalem to West Point so I could try it on before deciding to buy. At one point, the designer sent the wrong dress; Country Bride was quick to fix it and made sure everything was correct. I live out of state, and Trisha was very flexible with days and times for fittings that allowed for my two-hour travel time to the shop. During my fittings, I had a difficult time finding a bustle style that I liked. The ladies continued to work with me until the dress was exactly how I envisioned it.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Amber · Married on 10/15/2011

The Country Bride was the perfect choice for both my dress and the bridesmaids dresses. They were very helpful throughout the entire process from selecting a dress to alterations.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Darah · Married on 08/13/2011

I bought my wedding dress and men's tuxedos here. Very good quality and staff was nice and extremely helpful. Very busy at times but I found that at most dress shops.

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2009

Lindsay was a huge help. They had a great selection of dresses. We got all of the dresses at Country Bride and Gent (Bride, Bridedsmaids, Flower Girl). They were great with returning phone calls and even sent a personal hand written note after purchasing my dress.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2008

Everyone there is very friendly. I searched all over for the perfect dress and Country Bride really took their time with me. Collette was awesome and I totally recomend her! My dress came in a very timely manner. The charges for alterations are very reasonable. My bridesmaid also got their dresses from here as well, and they were treated the same way I was. Alterations were done in a timely manner.

Sent on 11/04/2008