Country Bride and Gent Reviews

Country Bride and Gent 3
Country Bride and Gent 4
Country Bride and Gent 5

Janet · Married on 08/02/2013

Wonderful experience. Wide selection of gowns to choose from. Very professional and courteous staff to work with. Everything was right on time. The gown was beautiful.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Marissa · Married on 07/13/2013

Country Bride & Gent was great! We had the entire Bridal Party purchase their tux/dresses here. We originally went to the one that closed in Bensalem and the woman who sold me my dress left an amazing impression. I had gone to a few other dress places and when I told her what I wanted, she looked at me and told me that I was all wrong in what I was looking for. She took out a few dresses for me to try on and she was absolutely right! She is responsible for helping me find my dream dress!

When the store relocated, we were sad she wasn't with them anymore. However, despite the relocation and loss of the woman who sold me my gown, we were still very pleased with the service. They really worked with us, as we were out of towners planning the wedding, and couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

The team at country bride is amazing, myself and my sister have found our dream dresses at country bride! They are great at figuring out what you want and dont put you in dresses above your budget while figuring out exactly what you want

Sent on 06/12/2013

Jasmine · Married on 06/01/2013

I want to first start of by saying that the name of this place is VERY misleading! I walked in randomly and was greeted by an array of designer gowns and a very helpful staff. They helped me start to finish with trying on my dress, giving me a lovely dressing room, accommodating me when I wanted to return with my family and the sizing. I felt like a princess and the dress was the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Brittany · Married on 04/06/2013

The best dress shopping experience ever! Anytime I went in for a fitting or for my bridesmaids gowns the sales girls would say "Allure 8862 dress right?" And laugh because they found me the PERFECT dress for my wedding! I swore I wouldn't want a ball gown and the girls put me in a ball gown which left me speechless and changed my mind. The price was perfect for my gown and the bmaids. The guys suits came in without any problems and everyone looked perfect. My only advice to brides no matter where you get your dress is have safety pins handy if you have a ball gown to bustle. Chances are it may break and you may need a back up plan just because of the weight of the gown :)

Sent on 07/31/2013

The attention to detail at this store was superb! They thought of everything. The staff was very insightful as far as choosing dresses that suited my daughter. And once she chose the dress, they helped with the accessories. They also helped us stay within the budget that we had set for the dress. My daughter's dress was perfect!

Sent on 01/19/2013
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 12/29/2012

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Country Bride and especially working with Lisa! I found my wedding dress there and it was the first one I tried on. I just kept coming back to it. Lisa was very patient and made the whole experience amazing. The biggest part is that I never felt rushed and even went back to try on two dresses again before making my final decision.
    A few weeks later I went back with my bridesmaids and had another great experience. Again, Lisa was tuned into what we were looking for and pulled dresses that were perfect. We found everything we needed in just one visit with all 7 girls.
    If you want an all around great experience plus reasonable costs then any bride must make Country Bride a place to visit.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Amy · Married on 12/29/2012

Ed Burkholder at Country Bride and Gent KNOWS about men's formalwear. My groom wore a morning suit/cutaways. He went to Jos. A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse and was disappointed and frustrated when he had to tell the staff what the essentials were. It seems all the staff does is show you pictures - if they even know what you're talking anout - place your order and take your payment. Ed Burkholder had the complete cutaway ensemble in the shop to show my groom, plus samples of all the accessories. He knew how to measure, how the clothes should be tailored and advised on all style options. Ed is not just a rental dealer - he is a resource. A class consultant and a gentleman. We are so grateful to Tuxedo's by The Country Gent! Everything was properly fitted and ready on time, no surprises. Our thanks again, Ed!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Emily · Married on 12/01/2012

Great service and a very sweet staff!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Extremely helpful staff, solid tuxes. We had a very positive experience with the country bride and gent. I think we got a great value ($20-$40) cheaper than the competition, and we were able to get exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

The prices are great and the people are all very friendly and fix any problem that may arise.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Kate · Married on 05/06/2012

I had a great experience at this store. I bought my wedding gown here a couple of years ago. The woman who helped me try on dresses found the perfect dress for me after I had tried on just three or four dresses. She didn't push me toward the most expensive dress, either, but found one that fit my style and that I absolutely adored. I got so many compliments from my guests at the wedding about my dress. It was an exquisite dress, very well-made and looked like a several thousand dollar dress, too, but was only about $700. I highly recommend this store.

Sent on 05/12/2012

Stacy · Married on 05/05/2012

I got my dress, bridesmaid's dresses, flower girl dress and all of our tuxes at The Country Bride and Gent. Everything was great! My dress was so unbelievable beautiful and reasonably priced. It was one of the two places that I went to that had real mermaid cut dresses(not A lines being called mermaid cut). The seamstress Denise did a great job taking in the top considering all of the beading work there. There was a great selection of bridesmaids dresses as well as flower girls dresses. The guys tuxes were so sharp looking! Ed managed to match the vests with the hard to match darker grey color I had picked out for the girls dresses. Everyone in the shop was extremely helpful and knowledgeable (The only exception was a girl named Jill and I'm hoping she was just new and training). If you want a big selection without the impersonal experience of David's Bridal this is the place to go.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Kate · Married on 05/04/2012

I had tried a few wedding dress places and honestly didn't think I was going to find anything. Then I went to Country Bride and met Gloria. She was so helpful and every dress she showed me was beautiful and to be honest every dress my maid of honor and I had picked out I had hated. Gloria listened to what I told her I liked, and showed me dresses in my budget. I bought my dress that very day and absolutley loved it. I also was able to get a veil that looks like it was made for my dress and a beautiful tiara that was on clearance and being sold at other dress stores for 5 times their price.

Gloria also helped me when I came back in to try on my dress for my mom and then back again to show my bridesmaids. I had so much fun trying on dresses at Country Bride and Gloria was just AMAZING and easily found exactly what I would like.

Sent on 05/22/2012

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2012

I purchased my beautiful wedding dress at Country Bride. I made an appointment about a year before my wedding and went in with my mom, and 2 of my best friends. Michelle helped us and we tried on a bunch of dresses. There was just one that made me feel like a princess. When I looked in the mirror it brought tears to my eyes. I knew this was the dress I wanted, but just to make everyone happy, I tried on a few more. I ended up putting the one I loved on last and it made everyone cry. That's just how I knew it was the one! From that moment, Michelle had become like part of my family, she was there for every appointment, with everyone who wanted to see the dress. She was more than helpful everytime! I had my alterations done there as well and everyone did such an amazing job! My mom & my bridesmaids bought their dresses there as well and we all had so many compliments! Thank you to Michelle and the staff of Country Bride that were beyond wonderful! Thank you for making me, my mom and my girls look perfect on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/07/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/21/2012

I found my dress at Country Bride after trying on about 6 or 7 dresses. It was a beautiful lace gown that I probably would have never picked out for myself if my bridal consultant, Michelle, had not suggested it. She knew what would look good for my tall, lean figure and she was right. Working with Country Bride was such a smooth, easy process that we ended up purchasing the bridesmaid dresses, MOB gown, and renting all of the tuxes from them as well.

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • F

Angela · Married on 04/20/2012

Wow every step of the way Country Bride staff had fabulous customer service that you just can't get at David's Bridal. Their selection was vast and we ended up doing tuxes and bridesmaids dresses there as well. My alterations were perfect and I think the prices were fair as well.

Sent on 04/23/2012

Katie · Married on 03/24/2012

LOVED this store! The ladies were very friendly and helpful! Michelle was amazing and funny. She was very educated on different dresses and what was right for me. Even the alteration department was fabulous. Made dress shopping a breeze and enjoyable!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Jamie · Married on 03/03/2012

The friendly and helpful but not overbearing staff made finding my dress here fun instead of stressful. My appointment was only an hour, but they let me stay for almost 4 while I decided between a couple of dresses.

Sent on 03/20/2012

Melissa · Married on 12/03/2011

Country Bride in Bensalem offers an exceptional dress shopping experience. I was there several times during the wedding planning process with my mother, and the bridesmaids. The ladies who work there were extremely accommodating and did not rush us or hurry us. The first time I was there I explained to them that I was just looking and I wouldn't buy the dress until I could show my mother, and they were still very attentive and not at all pushy. They were very helpful throughout the alterations process. They also allowed me to pick up my dress for a few hours and take it bra shopping with me so I could find the perfect undergarments for my dress.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Karyn · Married on 11/26/2011

Great service, reasonable prices-- when I told my consultant my budget, she did not only look for things at the top of the range and push further-- she respected it and looked for dresses that would fit my personality and style, even if they were way below my upper limit. That shows integrity and belief in the customer really being happy, not just making money. Colette was my consultant. She was great-- she even gave me her shoes to try on when she suggested a change to a nude peep toe-- and I'm so glad she did-- they looked PERFECT!

Sent on 12/30/2011

Lia · Married on 11/12/2011

I absolutely love it here. The staff is so great and helpful. My sister got her dress there as well as the tuxes and so did my cousin and then me! everyone is so nice and helpful! Colette, Laura and Trish are great! Will in the tux department is fantastic!

Sent on 12/07/2011

AM · Married on 10/08/2011

I worked with Tricia to find my wedding dress. She was amazing and she knows what you want before you know! I tried on so many dresses because the selection is fantastic and ended up with an Ella dress. My mom and mother-in-law both found dresses they loved there. They looked gorgeous and so happy. I had seven bridesmaids, one pregnant and one who just had a baby. CB&G was so helpful finding something that my sister could wear and help gauge a size for my best friend. I found my veil there in one visit and my alterations were done on site as well. Incredible. They made my dress fit perfectly. I was so happy with my experience there.

My mother-in-law was so impressed with the selection that she sent two other mothers down to CB&G for their gowns and they both found their dresses there too. They made the trip from Allentown and weren't disappointed.

The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and professional. You won't be disappointed. I never felt so beautiful in my life.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Kerri · Married on 09/04/2011

My dress was a casablanca. It was so pretty. Everyone who works there is very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and offered guidance. I got my alterations done there too and the dress fit perfectly.

Sent on 03/08/2012

Diane · Married on 06/11/2011

I went here to find my bridal gown and also got the guys tuxes here as well. They have a great selection of dresses at very affordable prices (not all inexpensive dresses look inexpensive if you pick the right ones!) Regina actually ended up encouraging me to try on a dress that ended up being the one I chose in the end and it was beautiful. I liked that when it came to selecting which size dress to purchase they didn't go just by the sales sheet, but also measured me compared to the sample dress. We ended up taking a chance with the smaller dress that should have fit according to our measurements and it fit perfectly - almost no alterations needed at all. Go with Denise for alterations - she's the best. Both Ed and Will were incredibly helpful with selecting the tuxes, and when we needed to get some items in different sizes for the guys a few days before the wedding, they went above and beyond to provide multiple options to ensure that everyone was dressed perfectly on our wedding day.

Sent on 06/29/2011