Coronado Community Center Reviews

43 | Coronado, CA

43 Reviews for Coronado Community Center

An excellent place for any party. Pretty formal right on the bay. Recommended.

Sent on 03/26/2014

What a great place to get married! Affordable, you can bring in your own alcohol and bartender. It's on a strip of land close to the bay and beach. Its a relatively new building so everything is clean and nice. Great outside patio with walls that open up to the nautilus room!

Sent on 01/01/2015
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 12/03/2011

3.5

Coronado Community Center was awesome! Everyone was super friendly and accommodating. Our previous venue was cancelled a few months before our wedding and they were more than happy to help out. The venue was clean and more than adequate (including the kitchen for caterers). There was tons of parking and it was very convenient to have our wedding in the grass area next to the reception room. The only down sides are that you have to use the approved caterer list (you can add a caterer, but they must meet specific requirements) and the caterer bill reflects a 12% usage charge to the community center. Also, you must pay $50 an hour for a security guard. Just make sure that you ask lots of questions, but all-in-all this is one of the best deals and nicest locations to get married in San Diego!

Sent on 12/26/2011

Erin · Married on 01/03/2008

3.5

Beautiful and reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Aileen · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Venue with a View

I have been to a few weddings at this venue before having my own reception here and I'd say that you get the best bang for your buck here! The banquet room has a beautiful view of the water and the boats that are docked. From the outside, you can see the Coronado Bridge. :) The team who you reserve with are a little bit more difficult to get in contact with because before booking, I was having difficulty getting in contact with anyone over the phone. It seems as though email is the best way to contact them. After booking, they were fairly easy to work with. The only thing I was disappointed about was that when I initially signed the contract, I was told that I could put toiletry items for our guests in the bathroom (mints, deodorant, personal hygiene, etc.) but found out the next day that it was taken out because other people complained. I went back a week later to pick up the items only to find that almost nothing was left. Other than that, it was a great venue!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Emily · Married on 07/22/2018

3.0

They did a great job helping us set up, plan, prepare, and make our wedding day great! So happy with the beauty and service of this venue. Was a little hard to communicate at times but otherwise great!

Sent on 07/30/2018

taira · Married on 04/15/2016

I haven't yet had my wedding here but so far the communication, professionalism and service has been great!! It is very affordable and you have tons of options to fit your budget. I love that I am able to do pretty much anything that I want to make my day exactly what I want! They had a long list of food vendors to choose from that are also pretty affordable. Can't wait to have my big day here!!! :)

Sent on 06/23/2015

Aaron · Married on 06/14/2015

Want to get married in Coronado and want to also plan your own event? I highly recommend the Coronado Community Center. Beautiful setting, access to an outdoor wedding, cocktail hour on a patio next to the water, and a spacious Nautilus room venue for the ceremony. They provide a large stage and dance floor, and you can also rent two extra rooms in the other side of the CCC if needed.

As a plus, caterers love cooking here as they have access to a full kitchen to make the food taste even better. This does come with a caveat...the CCC charges a 12% fee for catering, so do burden in that cost into the venue as the caterers will likely pass this on to you. The cost below reflects this addon.

Sent on 09/13/2015

NAncy · Married on 08/25/2013

3.0

My fiance and I chose our Venue here because not only is it sooo... beautiful but it's very good in price too! It is very worth it. I would have love to give this place a five star but it is true that it's a hard place to book seeing it gets alot of customers. Other than that the workers there forgot we had rented another room but as soon as I told them they need to figure it out, they responded very well and fixed it. At the end of the night I was making sure I had emptied the room when the guy told me as long as I had my belongings I should go and spend the rest of my night being a bride :) Now I will never forget how great the people who work there are! AM very blessed to have had such a beautiful place to get married and to have the option to get married on the grass by the beach and right next to me have the rehearsal sight and cocktail sight right there next to me.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Amy · Married on 09/05/2015

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! You cannot beat this view or this price for your wedding. My husband and I searched and searched and came across plenty of beautiful ceremony and reception venues in San Diego. But, when it came down to it, we knew we wanted a scenic outdoor ceremony and an open bar... No other venue came even close to comparison in terms of price. If you choose any hotel for your venue, an open bar is pretty much out of the question as they'll charge you a fortune. We were able to buy all out alcohol at Costco and BevMo for just a couple thousand and saved big time. Our 200 guests all raved about the beauty of the venue: from the outdoor ceremony facing the bay, the sunset cocktail hour on the patio, and the inside reception with open doors facing the water. Everything is located in one area making it extremely easy for guests. The only downside to CCC is that you do have to hire all your vendors yourself as it is not an all-inclusive hotel type venue with in-house services. But, if that challenge does not scare you, CCC is the absolute only place to have your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Marie · Married on 10/10/2008

I would recommend this vendor. The site was beautiful. The staff was easy to work with.

Sent on 04/03/2009

Donna · Married on 11/07/2014

4.2
      2.0

The CCC is a great place for a DIY wedding! The room is rather plain, so requires so decorating but great venue!

Sent on 11/22/2014

4.2
      2.0

This is a beautiful venue for a wedding. It is right on the strand and the center has a beautiful view of the bayside. The rental coordinator was hard to get a hold of as she only works 2 days/week. For a waterside wedding, it was very affordable.

Sent on 02/19/2014

3.5

Beautiful venue for a wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2015
  • User2972028 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Beautiful venue for a great value. Had some problems with the person I originally booked with and now having some problems getting my damage deposit refunded in a reasonable time, but my wedding was amazing and it truly is a good deal for what you get.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Tracy · Married on 04/26/2008

2.0

BEAUTIFUL VENUE, our wedding was amazing because of this venue and the location is ideal for any wedding fancy or casual...

Sent on 10/29/2008

Therese · Married on 05/19/2013

2.5
      3.0

Beautiful setting outside, inside a little less but keep in mind it is a recreation center, not really their thing to go above & beyond for the client. Get the money and they are done. Very strict, rigid to the hours your vendors can come in and when it's over they will kick you to the curb. All in all we had a great day and for the money, it was good.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

0.5
      2.5
      0.5

When my fiancé and I were looking around San Diego for water front venues we immediately knew the Coronado Community Center was one of our top spots. However, I emailed three times, called twice and received NO RESPONSE. So frustrating and deflating that when you and your future hubby have set in on a spot ...willing to spend money.....and no one even attempts a response. I'm sure once you get a hold of these people that its wonderful, but we had an awful experience trying to get a hold of anyone. It has been 4 months since I contacted them with multiple attempts since and NOTHING. Be warned.

Sent on 02/19/2017