Coronado Community Center Reviews

43 | Coronado, CA

43 Reviews for Coronado Community Center

Strphanie · Married on 08/06/2016

This was the best decision we made for our wedding! It was the most beautiful location, not to mention how easy it was to work with the staff, especially Wes, the facilities coordinator. Everything went perfectly and we would definitely have other events here if we needed to. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2016

Wesley and his staff were excellent in the whole process! We were so happy with the venue! We used the outside for our ceremony and cocktail hour. And the inside for our reception. Our guests loved the location as well. We had our wedding in the evening in the summer and it actually was not hot at all, had a nice breeze from the bay. We wanted to invest more money in the decor and photography so paying less for the venue was perfect. We went with Continental Catering but they had a huge list of preferred catering vendors! I would not recommend using the projector if you are planning on doing a slideshow during a dance because it is on one side of the room so half our guests did not see it just FYI :) Overall, we had a great experience and Wesley was so wonderful!

Sent on 08/16/2016

The Coronado Community Center is a hidden gem in San Diego, out of the many choices there is for venues this one is reasonably priced and has beautiful ocean views. It is perfect for the couple on a budget who is looking for a seaside wedding. There's a reason why this venue is booked all year.

Sent on 02/02/2015

The coronado community center is a gorgeous venue at a great price, especially considering that it is right on the water in San Diego. The people that we spoke to are very nice and that always got back to us in a timely manner. Our guests loved the place and our photographer captured some gorgeous pictures there. They set up your tables on the day of, they provide security if you plan on serving alcohol and they let you pick your vendors. If you want a gorgeous wedding venue in San Diego, look no further! Plan accordingly, however. You have to book this place far in advance. We booked the place a year and a half in advance and barely beat another couple for the date. Otherwise, we would have to have waited another month to book it.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/09/2014

Having a wedding at Coronado Community Center is amazing! Wesley the event planner is very honest and will let you know everything you need to know about having a party there. All my guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Jill · Married on 07/11/2014

The CCC was amazing - I waited a year and a half to get married here because we fell in love with this venue. It is beautiful! In addition, the price is reasonable and they allow you to bring in outside vendors which kept us within our desired budget. There is a whole event team at the CCC which was so helpful and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Samantha · Married on 05/15/2014

We had our wedding reception at the Coronado Community Center. It was perfect and we loved the space. We could open the doors and our guests could walk outside to enjoy the view. It was wonderful.

Sent on 05/26/2014

natalie · Married on 05/11/2014

Hands down the best value in SD. I paid extra to have my ceremony at Centennial Park this past weekend and had the reception at the Center. Definitely not the typical "community center". This place was gorgeous and I would recommend them to anyone! Staff is friendly and helpful too.

Sent on 05/18/2014

We held our wedding at the Coronado Community Center in January 2014 and had a wonderful experience. We worked with Kelsey and she was excellent throughout the planning process and have nothing but good things to say.

The venue itself is beautiful, right on the bay in Coronado. We didn't need to spend a lot of money on flowers or other decorations because the site itself is so lovely. You can easily walk across the street to the beach to take pictures at the Del, the beach, etc. One of the things we loved the most about the venue is that everything could be held in one place - ceremony, cocktails, and the reception. As a bonus, there are a number of hotels in easy walking distance as well as bars for an after party. Our guests raved about the location and many of them made a mini-vacation out of the weekend.

We also loved that we could bring in our own vendors for catering, alcohol, waitstaff/bartenders, cake, etc. You are truly in charge of all the details. We didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on our wedding and we know we couldn't have had as nice of a day with as many guests if we'd had the wedding elsewhere. I highly, highly recommend checking it out if you're planning your wedding!

Sent on 02/05/2014

This venue is a hidden gem! We got married here last weekend and it was breathe taking. It has floor to ceiling views of the bay and it's across the street from the beaches. It is affordable and the service is top notch. They are responsive and accommodating.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2013

Wonderful venue! Great view! Fantastic staff!! We were very fortunate to have been able to book this place. With the rental of this venue we had the option of using their lawn along the bay or beach to hold our ceremony. We chose Coronado central beach. Our wedding was breathtaking. We had a cocktail hour outside on their patio which is adjacent to their banquet hall. This location is was very reasonably priced. You won't find a better deal in San Diego or Coronado. All chairs, tables, dance floor space, security, staff is included. There are outside tables and chairs on the patio as well as heaters which again comes with the rental of the room. I would highly recommend this venue. Be prepared to be flexible on dates. The community books up fast!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/11/2013

Beautiful and elegant. Cheap to rent and you are able to bring in your own vendors. We had a blast.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Crystal · Married on 11/17/2012

If you are looking for a San Diego wedding that has both a beach appeal and a formal wedding feel this is the perfect romantic spot. The venue coordinator make the process easy to follow and do all that is necessary to make the wedding process go smoothly.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/26/2011

beautiful place at a very affordable price. staff is incredibly helpful

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jerica · Married on 09/24/2010

This place is GORGEOUS!! I looked high and low for event rentals that had a view, let me do what I want and was more than just a banquet hall, but I needed it CHEAP. Let me tell you, this is the place! I can't believe I found this hidden gem. It over looks the Coronado bridge/Glorietta Bay, and it has floor to ceiling windows & doors. Some of the doors slide open and it's like being both inside and out. There is also a great patio with seating and heaters if you request them. I can't even list all the wonderful things there are. It's also a great venue because they have a great catering list. We opted for a Mexican restaraunt that offers a taco stand, and it was delicious! They also let you bring in your own alcohol, which saved us HUNDREDS!! If I did it all over again without a doubt I would choose Coronado Community Center EVERY TIME!!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Jerica · Married on 09/24/2010

I worked with Steve for both my ceremony and reception venue. Everything turned out beautiful and I was extremely satisfied with everything. Steve was extremely helpful and professional. I wish there was another reason for me to use the CCC again, but I don't believe there will be another time. It is such a gorgeous venue with floor to ceiling windows, french and hideaway doors. All of my guests were blown away and couldn't believe what an amazing hidden gem I found.

Sent on 10/21/2010

s · Married on 10/04/2009

I held my wedding ceremony on the sand at a beach in Coronado. To do this, for groups of over 25 people, you need a permit. The city of Coronado was really nice to work with. The staff was very friendly, and they were very accommodating to my needs. A deposit is required, but they returned it promptly right after my wedding without me having to ask for it. They only allow one event per beach or park per day, so it was nice to know that I would not be competing for the same spot with another event. And how lovely it was to walk down the aisle in sand on the beach with such lovely scenery about!

Sent on 12/21/2009

Lindsay · Married on 06/19/2009

This was a gorgeous venue, on the bay in Coronado directly accross the street from the beach. Even though our ceremony was on a grassy area near a main street, we didn't even notice. It was so nice to have the reception room and patio - both right on the bay. It was perfect for people to go out to get fresh air while still hearing the music.
    We also rented to rooms the day of our event for us to get ready in. They were good sized rooms, each with a full kitchen and attached private bathroom. We got one for the guys and one for the girls. It was nice to be able to bring in food and drink while we got ready. I also had my hair dresser come set-up in the room to do all our hair.
    Everyone at the Community Center was always very helpful and friendly. We dealt mostly with Jeanette Gant, whom was organized and replied quickly to any requests.
    Another plus is that you bring in your own caterer and alcohol. We were able to provide our guests with an open bar for about $800 (wine was provided by a friend). They were very appreciative! :o)

Sent on 07/08/2009

Lauren · Married on 05/09/2009

I Love the Community Center it is so amazing you are on the water, the windows are floor to ceiling, you can see the Coronado Bay Bridge the room is so well kept, everything is new, it is just amazing and i loved having my wedding there, the staff is so nice and will help you with whatever they can, you also get the use of a patio outside that has built in heat lamps for the winter or chilly nights its quite and at night so pretty with all the lights great photos! i would recommend this to anyone

Sent on 05/27/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 08/07/2008

We really liked this venue because it looked more modern than the other's we had visited.It was also perfect sized for the number of guests we had.The person who helped us through the whole thing was Jeanette.She was really helpful with everything and was always professional.This was an excellent place to hold our ceremony.I would highly recommend the Coronado Community Center.

Sent on 08/21/2009

Courtney · Married on 11/09/2012

We had our wedding at the Coronado Community Center on Friday Nov. 9th, 2012. Everything went so smoothly, the center workers were friendly and totally helpful. We had rain in the forecast, and they were calm and positive and gave me options, luckily the sky cleared and we had a beautiful and perfect ceremony on the pretty grass area next to the center. We recommend this venue if you are on a budget like we were. Chairs and table included!! Wow, thanks CCC :)

Sent on 11/13/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2011

We chose the Coronado Community Center because it was one of very few places that allows you to bring your own alcohol. When we went to look at it, we loved it. It is very new and clean and come with much of the equipment that you would need to rent, however, it is a do-it-yourself type of place. You have to find all of your own vendors and coordinate them yourself. I enjoyed this because I knew what I wanted. If you want a place that takes care of the details for you, the Coronado Community Center is NOT the place for you.

The staff are very friendly and helpfull. They are very flexible and will work with you on just about anything you have in mind.

Sent on 05/11/2011
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/03/2015

Beautiful place, and so affordable. I could not have asked for better! The only bummer was that they are strict about candles/sparklers. But Wes is AMAZING and it was such a fun and beautiful place to have our reception.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Alexis · Married on 07/08/2012

The Community Center is a great venue that will fit the budget of many couples. The location is gorgeous and we really loved the outdoor patio and proximity to the water. We did not get married on the grassy area next to the venue because of the traffic noise, but chose a park on the other side of the island instead (also city owned and cheap!). The venue was able to set the tables and chairs exactly how I diagrammed and were very easy to get a hold of with questions throughout the process. The only drawback is that they fill up dates extremely far in advance. We went in April of 2011 asking to see summer of 2012. Good thing we didn't have a specific date in mind, because there were only two fridays and 1 sunday left! We chose the sunday. Good luck, it is a great choice!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Cheri · Married on 10/31/2009

Jeanette Gant and the staff at the Coronado Community Center are extremely responsive, professional, and helpful. It is very easy to work with them. Emails and phone calls are promptly returned. Information is forthcoming and clear. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The ability to use outside catering makes the location flexible and more affordable.

The only thing to consider for the Fall/Winter is the temperature for outdoor weddings and the shadow cast by the buildings across the street in the later afternoon.

Sent on 11/25/2009