Corcoran Caterers Reviews

Corcoran Caterers 3
Corcoran Caterers 4
Corcoran Caterers 5

Anna · Married on 03/24/2018

Choosing Corcoran to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We started working with Laura about a year out from our wedding date. She was incredibly flexible, responsive, and patient - even though she was pregnant and had a baby during our wedding-planning process! She still managed to make sure that she or someone else from Corcoran was there for us during our planning process. Laura did a wonderful job making our tasting perfect, she helped us with linens, and was patient and creative as she worked with us on the venue layout. I'll admit, we weren't the easiest couple to work with! We had lots of questions and changed our minds a ton of times, but Laura went with it and made everything perfect. All the food was delicious, and the guests were raving about it all night. The serving staff were attentive and professional, and so kind. They made sure Steve and I always had a drink and/or appetizer in our hands. Thank you, Corcoran!

Sent on 05/05/2018

You can't ask for more from Corcoran Caterers and Sue, the manager, is simpy the best. We had an Indian/Vietnamese/American wedding @ a historical mansion that has never hosted a multicultural wedding. Finding ways to represent our two cultures as well as ourselves was a challenge for us and hence our vendors. From the beginning, Sue was patient and super flexible. She worked with our ethnic recipes and hosted additional tastings to make sure everything was right. During the course of the wedding, Sue personally checked in on me multiple times to make sure I was hydrated and that I was ok with everything. The personal care and attention also came from every single member of her catering staff. We had amazing vendors but Corcoran (and Sue) topped the chart. We consider selecting Corcoran the best decision of the wedding. Go for Corcoran - you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Leslie Grimes at Corcoran Caterers helped my wife and I pull off a fantastic wedding Sept. 14th at Woodend in Chevy Chase and I would strongly recommend her to anyone planning an event in the DC area.

The food was, in a word, delicious and the service was extremely professional. We did a buffet-style menu featuring mango chicken, sliders with BBQ sauce, and an amazing kale salad called the "Rainbow of Health." As good as the test versions they provided at our tasting were, the final product was even better.

Beyond the incredible meal, Corcoran really worked with us to design a menu that provided a lot of flair and still fit within our budget. There are an insane amount of options relating to catering (everything from the plates, to the colors, to the method of service, etc.) and Leslie did a great job of helping us make choices that worked together. Leslie also provided significant "polish" to the event, with little touches like a dedicated server for our table and on-the-fly adjustments for things like a photo booth.

The only ding -- and it's a very minor one -- was that our final bill had a couple of inconsistencies in it. Although Leslie quickly resolved the issues when we brought them to her attention, it gave us a last minute scare. This very small problem was totally out-weighed by the overall excellent experience, however, and we'd definitely work with Corcoran and Leslie again.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Nancy · Married on 10/10/2010

Sue and the crew at Corcoran Catering were a wonderful addition to our wedding. Sue was so responsive and flexible - I got emails back within the hour and she always had ideas and suggestions to make our day easier and better. The food was delicious, the service was responsive and the decor was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/28/2010

Sarah · Married on 01/25/2014

Corcoran was a great caterer to work with and Sue was also fantastic. They were flexible with changes that we made to our menu. The food at the reception was great and I got several compliments on it. The table settings looked beautiful. Great choice.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2010

3.5

My mom and I worked with Sue from Corcoran to cater our wedding reception. We had 185 guests and served the food on appetizer sized plates from stations. Everything ended up perfect and I would absolutely use Corcoran if I had the whole wedding to plan over again. Sue was great to work with (although it sometimes took multiple emails to get all questions answered) and really knew her stuff. We wanted a dance floor, so only had seating for half the guests-- we had a mix of big square tables, smaller cafe tables, and standing caberet tables. Sue was right on board with the idea that we wanted to encourage guests to mingle in every way possible from the beginning. She helped us set that up by helping us choose dinnerware, flatware, and the set up. She is a pro. We had a DELICIOUS tasting, but then changed our minds on the menu and went back for a second one-- no problem.

Sue tried to help us work within our budget; we ended up going over by 5-10% (not including tips for the waitstaff), but that is mainly because we wanted things a certain way and decided that they were worth more money to us after all. Corcoran was professional, the food was superb, the planning process was painless-- for all that, I'd say they are good value for the money!

We provided all of the liquid refreshments and that was not a problem either.

On the day of the wedding Corcoran was flawless. We had set out all of the decorations to be used (we'd met with Sue a couple times at the venue to map it out)-- dozens of jars of flowers to be set out, hundreds of votives and lanterns to be lit, the guest book to set out, and miscellaneous other things. When we arrived everything looked perfect. The waiters passed the appetizers and made sure that me, the groom, and my parents all got some. Sue and one of the waiters made sure that the groom and I both ate. Sue and I had worked through a schedule beforehand and she kept things right on track all night. It was so reassuring to see her there, because even though I'd planned everything, it was like it all went right out of my brain! So it was great to have a level-headed back up person there!

All in all, I can't say enough good things about Sue and Corcoran. Definitely give her/them a call. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/25/2010