Corcoran Caterers Reviews

Corcoran Caterers 3
Corcoran Caterers 4
Corcoran Caterers 5

manuel · Married on 09/28/2014

Working with Corcoran Caterers was a fabulous experience from day one. With a wedding everything is an unknown--at least for those getting married for the first time--and as the unknowns pile up, anxiety gets to be a real problem. Sitting down with Laura Hennigan for the first time gave me an instant feeling of confidence-- here was a woman who we could trust, I thought---and from that moment on her and her staff at Corcoran were easily the most integral part of our wedding puzzle. She knew our venue well (in fact she had recently been married there!), she had a creative sense of style and vision which consistently overlapped with and expanded our own, her knowledge of food and food pairings was extensive and impressive, and her positive attitude and energy never flagged for two months straight.

When our initial proposal came in too high, Laura patiently worked with us tweaking the menu until we were totally satisfied. Our tasting was a real treat too---food was plentiful and delicious and we felt like consumer royalty for a day. As the day fast approached, Laura was a calming force and an organizational godsend, and on the day of our wedding, her and the staff at Corcoran did an absolutely superlative job; everything was gorgeous---even more so than I had imagined it could be--the food was spectacular and all of our guests were thrilled, and my wife and I could enjoy the day carelessly and happily.

Exceptional food, fair prices, professional service, and a genuine sense of joy, style and excitement; these are the things we expected in a caterer and hoped to find, and in each category Corcoran Caterers matched and exceeded our expectations.

ps. (and this is true) we loved them so much we used them again three weeks later for the post-nuptial celebration with our friends. with only 48hrs advanced noticed we had two bartenders and a huge, delicious finger food spread. cheers to Laura and Corcoran Caterers!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Emily · Married on 09/05/2014

Hands down AMAZING. Call them right now, and ask for Sue. She is incredibly sweet, fun, responsive and catered two of my friends weddings, so I already knew I liked the food. But that doesn't even begin to explain how amazing Sue was!! She found ways to save us money and still execute our vision. She didn't bat an eyelash when I asked if they could make us a few items not on the menu and cater to a few dietary restrictions. Plus, the food was amazing to boot. We had bacon wrapped dates, spicy crab cake, vegan summer rolls, cucumber soup, a mac & cheese bar, flank steak, kale salad, tofu kabobs, heirloom tomato salad, roasted veggie stand, and more. Corcoran also made our cake -- italian wedding cake with butter cream, and it was beautiful and delicious. It was 97 the day of our wedding, and I think Sue personally ran around and tried to make sure everyone stayed hydrated. She is amazing. I would hire again in an instant!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Megan · Married on 07/05/2014

Our experience with everyone at Corcoran, especially Sue Pavlinski, was nothing short of amazing. They are professional, thorough, and the food was superb. We recieved nothing but stellar compliments through the night. Sue is a joy to work with. She handled every detail, changes in menu, decorations, special guest needs, you name it. The display she did on our buffet was truly a work of art. I was 0% stressed about anything Corcoran handled and the evening went off without a hitch. Thank you Sue and Corcoran!

Sent on 07/06/2014

We used Corcoran Caterers for our daughter's wedding weekend and everything was absolutely perfect! We had fantastic food at our 4th of July barbeque, cocktail reception, seated dinner with three entree choices, dessert buffet and after wedding brunch all provided by Corcoran. Our guests commented on the delicious food and the fantastic service. The staff were always available, responsive and made us all feel so well cared for.

Thank you to Martha and her staff for providing us with a delicious menu focusing on fresh produce of the season. Corcoran has outstanding chefs and pastry chefs - no need to look elsewhere for a wonderful wedding cake.

Finally, Martha was very sensitive to working with a budget. Since we were doing so many meals, that was a real factor and we were so happy with our result.

We heartily recommend Corcoran Caterers for ease of planning, outstanding food, and flawless service.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Kayla · Married on 06/14/2014

We used Corcoran Caterers for our wedding this June and could not have imagined a more flawless day and which we owe in part to their staff. We were so impressed with the service, care and consideration we received that we have been telling anyone who will listen and recommending Corcoran to all of our friends. Our guests continue to talk about the food which were heavy hors d'oeuvres and included mini crab cakes, pigs in a blanket, a risotto station, you name it we had it. They accommodated all of the dietary restrictions for our guests with tasty choices everyone could enjoy. They made our wedding favors which were bacon maple cupcakes and everyone LOVED them. Our cake was beautiful, the staff was respectful and attentive and our coordinator Sue was AMAZING. Their professionalism and care made our wedding such a wonderful and memorable day.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Melanie · Married on 05/17/2014

Hors d'oeuvres! Linen colors! Specialty cocktails! The Caterer is so important and by far the glue to running a smooth event…and I am incredibly happy to say that Corcoran Caterers did the MOST FABULOUS job!!! We had the pleasure of working with Martha and from day one she was wonderful! Very responsive & informative (especially since if you haven't hosted a large event before, you are new to many things, and it's a learning process) she made really great suggestions and was a great resource to bounce ideas around from food selections & linens to set-up and creating a reasonable timeline. Martha was also extremely personable and enthusiastic which are great qualities to have when you are working so closely with someone on so many important details. One thing she did that really stood out was, after the ceremony…my husband & I went off to a separate room to let the first couple moments of being married really sink in, and sweet Martha politely knocked on the door to congratulate us and greeted us with a plate of appetizers--to make sure we ate and didn't miss out on anything. She was very motherly in that way which was so appreciated. Without the incredible hard work, organization and attention to detail that we received from Martha & her team, our wedding would not have been as spectacular as it was. We cannot thank Corcoran enough! :)
    Now for the food…oh my goodness…the food was SO outrageously DELICIOUS!!! My mouth is watering just thinking of how tasty the menu was! From the hors d'oeuvres to the main course & cake, everything was out of this world!! They just knocked it out of the park!!! We received countless compliments on how fantastic the food was at our wedding and we just can't express how impressed we were with Corcoran's team!!
    Speaking of team! Their staff (servers, bartenders, etc.) were just the most lovely people! So friendly & so professional! Cannot say enough great things about our experience with Corcoran Caterers. FIVE STARS!! :)

Sent on 07/09/2014

Martha and Chuck from Corcoran Caterers were absolutely wonderful! I could not have asked for better caterers! The food was amazing and that was all the guests could talk about! Martha provided me with many choices and was interested in what we like to eat and helped us narrow down to our selections. We had a life threatening peanut allergy and Corcoran was so accommodating! The cake was as delicious as it looked. The table settings were so professional and the service was impeccable. In addition to the wonderful service at the day of the wedding, Martha has helped through the wedding process from beginning to end. She has answer several of my emails and phone calls and even helped me with several non-catering questions. She has been so patient with me and I could not have asked for a better catering company. I would highly recommend Martha and Chuck! They are simply the BEST!

Sent on 05/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Sue Pavlinski and Corcoran Caterers. Sue was absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. She was attentive, responsive, always positive and very helpful. And on the day of, she was wonderful, so organized and very always around to make sure things were running smoothly. We had a number of guests comment on how delicious the food was and how professional the wait staff was (including one of our family members who is a former mayor and has attending his fair share of formal dining events). Many thanks to Sue and Corcoran, I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Sue Pavlinski is THE class act of caterers. Now that our wedding is over, we are really going to miss her! The presentation, food, and professionalism of Corcoran were flawless throughout the entire planning and execution process.

We had a morning wedding with a Fall afternoon reception. We had a different idea for the food and flow than the standard wedding reception. All small plates and no assigned seating.

1. The Food - My husband and I wanted a Fall comfort food theme. Sue suggested demitasse butternut squash soup, pulled pork sliders, spicy cole slaw, a mac and cheese station with toppings, cheeseburger sliders, and these perfect little dessert shooters (one pumpkin and one s'more). A month after our wedding, people are still raving about the delicious food at our wedding reception. We also wanted to do a "build your own" bloody mary bar. Sue and her staff executed it perfectly. Our guests loved it!! Sue was also very flexible with our choices for the bar, including specialty pumpkin beers.

2. The Personal Attention - From our first email with Corcoran, we felt like Sue's number one client. She was incredibly responsive, and most of all listened to our ideas of what we wanted for our reception. On our wedding day, Sue had her staff bring my husband and I a plate, or we may not have had an opportunity to try it!

3. The Presentation - The buffet and bars looked absolutely beautiful and tasteful. We used deep orange and deep red tablecloths and provided gourds and pumpkins for Sue to arrange. Her work was amazing. Sue's assistant, Beth Levi, was also an incredible help on our big day! She is extremely hardworking with the same tasteful eye.

Sue never tried to push services on us. She helped us work within a budget, adding here and trimming there. Our wedding day turned out better than we could have imagined, thanks largely to Corcoran Caterers!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Where can I even begin? Sue. Sue is the best. Most helpful, patient, and accommodating person you can imagine. She is so creative and open to ideas, it really allowed me to bring my vision to life at the reception. She agreed to take a ton (lanterns for centerpieces, menus, placecards...) of stuff in their truck to our venue because they wouldn't allow us to drop anything off early. The service throughout the night was fantastic, everything was set up so beautifully, and exactly as we had discussed. The food was wonderful, I made sure to eat it! But I was a little sad to not have much of our cocktail hour food- it was so yummy. Corcoran may have been a little pricier than other catering companies, but we trusted them based on their excellent reputation and their service throughout our planning process and they far exceeded our expectations. I could go on and on about how amazing they were! Highly recommend them for your big day if you want awesome service and delicious food!!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Corcoran was wonderful as the caterer for my daughter's wedding. They were extremely flexible and supportive. Sue was fabulous to work with. The food, service and presentation were great. Definitely one of our best decisions.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Martha and Corcorcan Caterers are the best in the business. They handled our pre-wedding party, the bridal suite, ceremony, cocktail hour and full wedding reception with four courses. The food melted in your mouth, the staff were sweet and so attentive to the smallest detail and their presentation with in everything they did was absolutely stunning. I cannot find a signal negative thing about our experience with them.

The staff members we worked with during the planning process, and on our big day, were so easy to work with. They responded to emails and voicemails within in the hour and went above and beyond what anyone should for the price they charge -- all with a smile!

The food is one of the most important parts of a wedding and Corcoran hit it out to the park! I would recommend them to ANYONE who is in the business for incredible customer service, amazing food, and a superub experience.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Margie · Married on 05/26/2013

Leslie and her staff were amazing! The food was delicious, beautiful, and abundant. The buffet presentation was beautiful. The staff worked very hard making sure all the guests were "covered", both at the cocktail hour and the seated lunch. We loved that Corcoran provides one stop shopping. They do wonderful wedding cakes and out-of-this-world pastries, and we had both. They provide all the equipment - chairs, linens, etc. It made things soooo much easier. As promised, Leslie was there and served as coordinator - she orchestrated the event itself and skillfully smoothed over the few tidbits where flexibility was required. Did I mention that the food and presentation were amazing? Our guests all raved, including one cousin who is an accomplished chef. We give them our highest compliments and recommendation.

Sent on 05/29/2013
  • User3253821 · event on: 05/11/2013

Leslie at Corcoran Caterers and everyone who staffed our son's Bar Mitzvah celebration did an awesome job and the event was a huge success. The menu was fabulous and totally exceeded our expectations. Our guests raved over the food and the service, which was truly amazing from beginning to end. The kid's buffet was excellent and, while our main course was filet (delicious!), the vegetarian option was a work of art. Leslie did a great job of helping us adjust the menu back down when we started to exceed our budget. She also made some great recommendations on the color scheme for the table linens as well as on the placement of the different stations we had at our event. As a result, by both the adults and kids at our event had a wonderful time, and I would recommend Corcoran to anyone who needs a caterer for their Bar or Bat Mitzvah.

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • The New Lindsay G

Lindsay · Married on 05/04/2013

Worked with Sue for our wedding, she was amazing and the food was delicious. They also did our wedding cake which was not only beautiful but also delicious! Could not recommend this caterer enough!

Also, guests are still commenting on how amazing the mac and cheese buffet was!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2012

Sue and Corcoran Caterers did a fantastic job with our wedding! Because we had the ceremony and reception in one space, they not only set up the dining tables, but also set up the ceremony and flipped the space in between. We chose to have passed hors d'oeuvres and a plated dinner, and the food was excellent and plentiful. They were willing to work with us on providing our own bar, which was important to us from both a cost and preference standpoint.

I appreciated that Corcoran had a large selection of table linens in-house and charged all the same (reasonable!) price, regardless of style. They also have all of the various cutlery and serving dishes, so no need to use another vendor for that. Sue absolutely knew our venue and what would work there, was accommodating as I changed my mind, and ran a tight ship on the wedding day - fantastic (esp. since we did not have a coordinator).

Prices were reasonable for the DC area, food was great, service was excellent!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Sue · Married on 10/20/2012

We used Sue from Corcoran Caterer for my daughter's wedding. We received so many rave reviews from our guests about the food. Not only was everything delicious but the presentation was beautiful. I would highly recommend Sue to cater any event. She is outstanding! She is great to work with and very flexible as we would change our minds about various details.

Sent on 10/22/2012

patti · Married on 09/02/2012

Can't say enough good things about Corcoran Caterers. We were able select a gorgeous menu that impressed our guests based on Corcoran's suggestions. They worked with us on customizing the menu exactly to our tastes and budget, provided outstanding staff, and made me feel like I was their most important customer even though our wedding was smaller than some of their others. I never felt pressured or like my feedback wasn't being heard. I truly felt like they wanted to work hard for my money, and we were not disappointed! Our catering turned out quite delicious, especially our cake, which they created based entirely on my feedback. I would gladly do business with them again!

Sent on 09/28/2012

RonaMae · Married on 07/28/2012

It was a real pleasure working with Sue of the Corcoran. From day one, she has been very warm and pleasant to work with. She is vey accommodating and works hard to meet our needs. On our wedding day, everything turned out so well. Everybody loved the food and the presentation, the staff were very courteous and pleasant. It was a real perfect day for me and my husband!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Laura · Married on 06/01/2012

Corcoran Caterers and Susan Pavlinski in particular were amazing at out wedding. From the first contact Sue was fast to respond to my multiple emails and flexible to accommodate our schedules for meetings. She helped us figure out how to make our budget work and assisted with every step until the wedding date.

On the day of the wedding Sue was great. She talked us through every step and made sure everything was perfect. The food was amazing and the service was spectacular. All of our guests commented on the quality of the food. They were the PERFECT choice.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Kat · Married on 05/12/2012

Working with Leslie and Corcoran Caterers was amazing. Leslie is a rock star in the catering world and she really knows her stuff - I can honestly say I couldn't have planned our wedding without her knowledge and expertise. She was great to work with and always offered up good advice. The food was amazing at our wedding and the guests loved it (and went back for seconds!). We did a buffet/cocktail style of reception. Everything was beautifully done from the linens on the tables to the presentation of the food.

I will really miss working with Leslie and will definitely be using her services again for future events!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 11/12/2011

I worked with Sue from Corcoran. These guys are great! Extremely professional and great service. The food is also amazing! Sue worked to provide a menu for us that was exactly what we wanted to work with our fall wedding. Additionally, all of their staff and waiters provided top notch service at the actual event. They are definitely a little pricier than some other caterers but it was worth every penny. Our guests would not stop raving about the food!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Debra · Married on 10/15/2011

Chef Javier and the staff from Corcoran Caterers, on short notice, did a phenomenal job catering my daughter's Wedding. The food was delicious, service first class, presentation beautiful and set-up/clean-up excellent. Thank you Corcoran Caterers for making the Jones/Martin wedding memorable!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Liz · Married on 09/17/2011

Leslie and Corcoran Caterers were really and truly outstanding at my September wedding. I was a pretty non traditional bride and we interviewed several catering companies to find a delicious, casual, evening picnic kind of a menu. We didn't want a carving station or anything too formal, we wanted a party that felt like we were doing it at home (but our home isn't big enough for 100 people!). Also, I've spent a lot of time living in the Pacific Northwest, so fresh, local, healthy food is what I lean towards.

In the course of my many caterer interviews, we really felt like no one was really understanding our vision. None of the companies were being particularly creative, and just giving us chicken or fish on a plate, etc. Totally boring. But then we talked to Leslie. She got totally excited about our idea and wanting to do something a little different. She started throwing out ideas and getting us excited about how amazing our wedding could be.

In addition, Leslie was available whenever we needed her. I don't know how many countless emails went back and forth daily as she got an idea, or we wanted to add something. She worked with us to get an awesome menu and coordinate a day that would flow seamlessly. And it was so perfect. Everyone raved about the food and the look of the buffet (kind of a farmers market feel), and the cheesecake cupcakes at the end of the night were amazing. I would recommend Corcoran Caterers to anyone who wants really delicious food and a truly unforgettable event! Thank you Leslie!!!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Adele · Married on 08/06/2011

Sue Pavlinski of Corcoran is an exceptional pro. She worked with me to create an elegant, highly personalized event that met our budget, and she did an amazing job of coordinating the food on the day of the event. She frequently works with the historic reception venue we used (Glenview Mansion in Rockville, MD), so she knew exactly how to navigate the rules to create the least amount of stress for all concerned. She was extremely flexible - she suggested that we provide our own drinks and desserts to save on costs - and the food was elegant enough to impress even my foodie friends. A terrific experience.

Sent on 11/26/2011