Cookie Buffalo Reviews

Cookie Buffalo 1
Cookie Buffalo 2
Cookie Buffalo 3

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2012

We had quite a unique request with our cake, so much so that the bride cake topper had to be cut in half! The team at Dessert Builders not only accepted the challenge but expressed excitement through to the end. Despite the fact that the groom topper thought he could get away and fell twice during the ceremony, breaking into pieces, the cake was perfect in every way!

Sent on 11/03/2012
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/31/2012

Dessert Builders did an amazing job on our wedding cake. It also tasted very good. We received many compliments on our cake.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Donna · Married on 05/26/2012

We worked with Heather. She was wonderful. She even called a few days before the wedding just to say congratulations. When we had our first meeting with Heather we had some ideas of what we wanted. She patiently listened to our ideas and inserted her comments and suggestions in a very professional manner when she felt our ideas were a bit too "Dr. Seuss-like". My now-husband and I both appreciated her input based on her experiences. After our first meeting with Heather I had come up with more ideas and she agreed to meet with us again to made modifications to our design. Not only did the cake turn out beautifully, it was yummy too!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/13/2011

Heather was fantastic. She worked with us to combine a few of our ideas into the design for the cake and let us combine cakes so that each piece has two different flavors. It looked beautiful and tasted even better.

Sent on 09/01/2011
  • mommyof2

danielle · Married on 08/21/2010

The woman I dealt with was AMAZING!!! She was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. My cake came out beautiful and was extremely good!! They are definately affordable and even have coupons floating around artvoice!! Everything about them was perfect!!! I would reccomend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Sarah Jane · Married on 07/19/2008

Dessert Builders was wondeful to work with. The Executive Pastry Chef Heather Hammer was very creative and provided us with everything we wanted and more. The price at Desert Builders was also a steal!!

Sent on 08/05/2008

Carrie · Married on 07/19/2008

We ordered a four tiered cake from Dessert Builders. Each layer was a different flavor of cake. We were able to sample many cakes and met with their very talented baker. She was so helpful in narrowing down just what we were looking for, a task in itself!

Sent on 08/07/2008

Tracy · Married on 10/20/2012

Our cake was a big hit! I was very pleased with Dessert Builders from the get-go, starting with my initial consultation/cake tasting with Heather. Unlike some other cake vendors I had met with, she was very enthusiastic and made me feel like she really cared about what I wanted in a cake. By looking through some photos and talking about ideas I had, she helped guide me toward the end design. Not only was the cake delicious, but it was very well-priced (I believe the lowest among all vendors I met). The only negative is that the size of the cake slices were very small compared to the size you receive at most weddings. We ordered according to our guest count and there were absolutely no leftovers. If I had known that was going to be the case, I would have ordered a larger sheet cake.

Sent on 12/15/2012

Kristine · Married on 07/14/2007

This was by far the best cake my husband or I have ever eaten. It was even better than most bakeries sell for small cakes. We just ate our frozen top layer (wedding tradition) and even that was still decent. Since we were made aware of this bakery we have since purchased all of our cakes from them. We had a simple wedding cake that fed 175 people and we payed under $525. Not bad for something that tastes wonderful too!

Sent on 07/29/2008

Alison · Married on 07/28/2012

Our wedding cake was delicious, it looked great, and it was an amazing deal. We got a two-tier cake plus an extra sheet cake for a total of three different flavors, each one better than the last! Heather, the contact person at Rich's, was very sweet, and she really took her time during her consultation with us to allow us to sample all the flavors and look through books of cakes they'd done to figure out what kind of decor we were envisioning. In the end, we were so happy with everything. Heather also had a separate mini cake baked for us and boxed separately so we can enjoy that for our anniversary without having to worry about saving the top layer, which was a really thoughtful touch to make things a little easier. My mom and I were discussing the wedding today, and we both agreed that getting the cake from Rich's was one of the smartest decisions we made! :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2016

3.0

A bit pricey but the cake tasted great and was beautiful!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2013

3.0

First, the cake was DELICIOUS! I liked it so much at the tasting that I actually got a half sheet from them for my shower as well, just a different flavor. It was super reasonably priced, including delivery. I didn't really get to see the cake at all during my reception, because we did the reception entrance and then went right to the cake cutting and I was so overwhelmed, but I have seen the photos and it was GORGEOUS! Done exactly as we had asked for, not a single thing different. I actually made it a point to get a slice of cake during my reception, and I'm very glad I did. Multiple people made comments to me about how good the cake was, and I totally recommend Rich's Dessert Builders if you're looking for a delicious and well priced cake!

The only thing I had an issue with is the email thing. Maybe its just me, but I work about 60 hours a week and so does my husband, if not more. I don't have much time to be making phone calls and running downtown. Whenever I sent emails instead of calling, I generally didn't get a response for about a week and a half. If I called, the answer was immediate and friendly-so it really isn't a big deal, I just wish they were a little more tech savvy.

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 10/19/2013

3.5
      3.5

My wedding cake was great and delicious you created my cake with the picture provided by me thanks very much everyone love it we also enjoyed the extra desserts we ordered for a very good price

Sent on 10/26/2013