Cookie Buffalo Reviews

37 | Buffalo, NY

37 Reviews for Cookie Buffalo

37 Cookie Buffalo Reviews

Claire · Married on 09/15/2018

We got our wedding cake from Cookie as it was included in our package with our wedding reception at the Atrium at Rich's. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! My husband has celiac disease, so they did a very cute, mini gluten free cake and our gluten free guests loved that as well. Thank you for the beautiful cake!

Erica · Married on 08/18/2018

We were delighted to book Cookie to make our wedding cake. Heather and her staff did an amazing job and were professional, timely, and dedicated every step of the way. During the initial cake tasting, Heather presented us with many options to choose from. She gave us multiple samples of different cakes and allowed us to mix and match what we wanted for the final product. The staff was also very responsive and were able to answer all our questions as well as being very flexible with all the requests we had. They did an amazing job with both our cake and a special request cake for one of our family members. The value of what we got was worth every penny spent and would recommend Cookie to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion. From a man who does not like cake much, they did an amazing job with this cake and I truly enjoyed it. Thank you for the amazing cake Heather and staff.

Mr. and Mrs. Eric Velazquez

Cookie Buffalo 1

Sharese · Married on 07/14/2018

I met Heather(pastry chef) at a bridal show she was very friendly and accommodating. It took me all of two minutes to say yes! The cake is very tasty and reasonably price. We were able to purchase more cake at a cheaper price. Customer service is excellent.

• Abby

Abby · Married on 06/16/2018

We ordered a small one tier cake and cupcakes and they were delicious. Any question leading up to the wedding were answered promptly and everything was delivered as discussed.

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/03/2018

Heather did a fantastic job creating our wedding cake for our June 3rd wedding. She was very nice and easy to work with when we did our consultation. We did a small gluten free display/cake-cutting cake, since I am gluten fee and wanted to be able to cut and eat my own cake. It was delicious! She was able to keep it simple like I wanted and incorporate our theme into the design.

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/22/2017

Since this cake was basically included with our catering package with Rich's it was a no brainer that we would use them...and boy were we glad we did!! Our cake was slightly more for design, but really not much. The tasting alone was amazing...we may have finished all the cake we were given :D We ended up going with a white cake with strawberry filling. So delicious!! At the reception, when we did the cake cutting I got kind of a big piece and warned my now husband Sam, and he was worried at first...but then when he got it in his mouth he just wanted more (his face of sheer deliciousness was priceless) :D There was a tiny mix up when I contacted the reception after the wedding about the cake it turned out the top tier wasn't saved (don't know if it was all gone that night or what)....but no questions asked, they baked a fresh one in time for my mom to pick it up when she picked up all the other stuff from the reception venue. Overall, very good cake with accommodating bakers/decorators. We highly recommend!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/15/2017

Cake was so amazing. They did exactly what we were looking for. Very reasonably priced and we got so many compliments about how delicious it was. Would highly recommend.

I don't enjoy cake as a former cake decorator and I loved this cake! This was something I was unsure about as I am particular with cake. I was thrilled. It was an easy tasting process and the final look was gorgeous and delicious. Further more, the other dessert options of cookies and cream puffs were amazing. They caterers had to bring more as my gusts are so many extra pieces. So great and reasonably priced.

We went to several bakeries for cake tastings and knew immediately that the cakes at Dessert Builders were our favorite. Heather was sweet, accomodating and so much fun to plan with...I enjoyed our cake session discussions! And the cost was very reasonable. We ordered a smaller cake (not that anyone could tell!) and then did a sheet cake.

The cake was very pretty - decorated with frosted leaves swirling down - exactly as we had discussed with Heather (our topper was a little off centered though). And it was delicious and very fresh.

I saw a few reviews where people said that Dessert Builders' cakes were smaller than other bakeries and required smaller slices but that was not the case for us. The pieces were a nice size and even after every guest got a piece, there was quite a bit left still. I was very happy with our choice of baker. They are the baker I recommend to friends for their weddings.

Melissa · Married on 08/14/2015

We did cake tastings with several local bakeries and I have to say I was the most impressed with Heather. She was personal, excited, and seemed to genuinely care. We sampled about 8 different flavors, all of which were absolutely amazing. I choose 2 different flavors for a 4 tier cake. A week before the wedding they called and went through my order to make sure I had no changes and to confirm all the flavors. By far, Rich's was the best priced and the cake came out absolutely beautiful!

Shannon · Married on 03/28/2015

Heather with Dessert Builders at Rich Products was top notch. She was so friendly and accommodating.
    she combined a few different ideas to make our cake unique. We chose to do a small round cake and cookie table for our wedding instead of the traditional served cake. We are still getting phone calls about our delicious selection of cookies and cupcakes.

They are also extremely affordable and professional. I would go through Dessert Builders for any event!

Erica & Matthew · Married on 01/10/2015

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and we didn't have any left at the end of the night, which is always a good sign! Got so many compliments on the look and taste! Thank you Dessert Builders!

Rachael · Married on 12/13/2014

Most beautiful cake I have ever seen!!! We had a vision and thy built it!!!

AMAZING job done on our wedding cake! We wanted something very simple and elegant, and they showed us, and talked us through all of our options. They had the cake tasting ready to go upon arrival so we could dive right in! All of our guest said it was some of the best wedding cake they had ever had! It was such a great price too!!! You cannot go wrong!

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2014

Thank you so much Heather for making our wedding cake more perfect than we had imagined. We came in with 2 ideas we wanted combined and you delivered it perfectly! Although Andrew and I only tasted a small portion during the cake cutting, our guests were raving about it! I can't wait to re-order the cake top for our first anniversary and truly enjoy it. Thank you!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/20/2014

I absolutely adored our wedding cake! Heather was a delight to work with and made my dream cake a reality!! I gave her a picture of what I wanted and when we arrived at the reception, I saw it and fell in love with it! Not only did it look amazing, it tasted amazing. We did the yellow cake with lemon filling and Bavarian cream cake. Both were so good! I can't wait to enjoy our 1 year anniversary cake :)

Thank you Dessert Builders for helping make our day perfect!!

We were very happy with our wedding cake. Right from the beginning our tasting was fun, the designs were what we were looking for, and the customer service was great. We were able to brainstorm with the bakery staff. They were the most friendly of all the bakeries we visited, and most affordable too!

I loved our wedding cake and so did our guests!!! Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted delicious as well and all for a reasonable price:) I even made some last minute changes adding peanut free cupcakes that they were able to accommodate!

What a great value! The cake was gorgeous and tasted even better than it looked!

Michelle · Married on 10/26/2013

We had a great experience with Rich's, even from our tasting. We appreciated the honesty, advice and options we had to choose from! We were not disappointed on our wedding day, our cake was exactly what we had envisioned and it tasted amazing! We can't wait to come back to Rich's in the future!

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2013

First, let me say that the head baker/cake designer, Heather, is amazing at what she does. She sat down with us at the tasting, explained our options, and really took the time to take detailed notes and understand our vision for this beautiful masterpiece of a cake. It truly came out like a work of art. But in addition to being beautiful, it was one of the best, moistest, most delicious cakes, especially wedding cakes, I have ever had. Everyone raved about this cake. We had a bit leftover and I took it to work before we left for the honeymoon so it wouldn't go to waste and it was gone in minutes!!

Now one of the most amazing parts about this, is for the mid and high level Rich's catering packages, the cake is INCLUDED in the per person cost of the whole catering. You get this amazing cake, to your specifications, at no additional charge. This saved us sooooo much when comparing to independent wedding cake bakers. This is a steal. Yet one more thing Rich's does perfectly by having Dessert Builders under their wing. I cannot recommend Rich's Catering or Dessert Builders enough!

The entire cake selection process was amazing! From selecting the vendor to designing our cakes (we had four small cakes, all difference flavors) to seeing the finished product on our wedding day - I could not have been more happy with our decision to use Rich's Dessert Builders! Service was impeccable, and every design decision was a team effort. Everything we wanted envisioned for our special day was realized, and for an AMAZING price! All of our guests raved about the deliciosness of all of the cakes, and we could not be more happy about our selection!

Heather at Dessert Builders was awesome. We had a small cake to cut and matching chocolate/raspberry cupcakes for all the guests. The cake and cupcakes were delicious and they had the best price around. I showed Heather our invitations and she designed the cupcakes around that. She's very creative and did a great job!

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2012

We had quite a unique request with our cake, so much so that the bride cake topper had to be cut in half! The team at Dessert Builders not only accepted the challenge but expressed excitement through to the end. Despite the fact that the groom topper thought he could get away and fell twice during the ceremony, breaking into pieces, the cake was perfect in every way!

• W

Wendy · Married on 08/31/2012

Dessert Builders did an amazing job on our wedding cake. It also tasted very good. We received many compliments on our cake.