Convict Lake Resort Reviews

Convict Lake Resort 5
Convict Lake Resort 6
Convict Lake Resort 7

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Meghan and Mike at Convict lake were exceptional! They were available to help me with all of my wedding planning and helped me create a beautiful wedding. I definitely recommend their services!

Sent on 08/06/2017

ruth · Married on 07/08/2017

Megan was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional and executed every detail perfectly. She helped wherever she was needed. The food was delicious and the staff was polite and efficient. The new tent is beautiful. It was a little hot in the beginning, but it cooled off. I would say it exceeded all of our expectations!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

This venue was amazing. It is a little remote, but once guests started to arrive, they were all blown away with the views and setup. Megan and her team were very organized in the planning process and kept us moving forward with all the details it would be easy to miss. The day of service was fantastic as well, the food was delicious and we definitely felt taken care of. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Christine · Married on 06/24/2017

Convict Lake is a beautiful setting, and the staff is amazing! The facility offers camp sites and cabins, which allowed everyone an option for attending. We'll be back next year for a wedding anniversay reunion!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Gina · Married on 06/24/2017

Our experience with Convict Lake weddings was excellent

Sent on 07/10/2017

Meghan was great! She was always there to answer questions throughout the wedding process. She was always organized and prepared. I was not stressed on my wedding day because I fully trusted Meghan and her team! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and I owe that it to Meghan and the team!
    You get a lot for your money when having your wedding at Convict Lake! It was well worth every penny spent! At the end of the night everyone kept saying how it was the best wedding that they have ever been too!

Thanks Meghan!
    -Alyssa

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/06/2016

Convict is breathtaking at first look and the staff only made our wedding more stunning. Meghan went above and beyond in communicating with me as a bride, which ask my husband is not the easiest job. She not only accomindated every request I had small or big but also came with great ideas from vendors to use, decor, arrival and exit. The staff set up our wedding exactly how our pictures entailed and were wonderful all day and night. The grounds of convict allow guest to be close to the venue which was one of our biggest concerns with not having drinking and driving. I would recommend this location to any bride and groom that want their wedding to be gorgeous.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2016

Convict Lake Resort was extremely accommodating to our requests. Every detail was executed to our specifications. Despite our wedding being very small relative to the other weddings going on that weekend, we never felt like we were any less important. Meghan in particular was very responsive and guided us through every step of the process. At first, we were apprehensive about planning a wedding 360 miles away from home. However, we received replies and calls from her faster than vendors in our own city. We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kris · Married on 10/15/2016

Meghan, Mike, Brian and the rest of the Convict Lake Resort crew are the best!!!! They. Went above and beyond in every way possible to make sure our wedding weekend was perfect. I couldn't have imagined a better place to get married or a better team to work with. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Kari · Married on 09/24/2016

Such a fantastic staff here at Convict Lake! Their wedding coordinators, Mike and Meghan, are truly the best at what they do. They do everything they can to keep the ceremony and reception flowing smoothly. As a bride, I was able to put my full trust in them and know that I had nothing to worry about. The location is beautiful and Convict Lake knows how to take advantage of their stunning views. I would recommend this location not just for a wedding but for a vacation. 80% of our guests stayed right there at the resort, making it a easy walk back to their cabin when the reception was over. I loved having our wedding here and I can't wait to return for a visit.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Carly · Married on 09/15/2016

Our wedding at Convict Lake Resort was everything we ever wanted and so much more! Meghan and her staff are absolutely amazing! I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who wants a beautiful wedding on a budget!!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Sandra · Married on 08/19/2016

Convict was an amazing venue to get married. It was a beautiful back drop with the lake, mountains, and aspen trees surrounding us which in my mind is the best decoration you could get. Another plus having a wedding at a destination mountain town, is that everyone made it into their own trip with their own adventures also and ended the weekend with some great memories/stories!
    Working with Meghan was awesome, she was quick to answer any questions and made sure the evening ran through smoothly. It was nice knowing she was there in case any disasters happened (which it didn't!). I was also able to ask her who preferred vendors were that she trusted which made everything much easier when planning from further away.
    I highly recommend considering Convict Lake as a mountain destination wedding site. It was seriously the best weekend ever...still smiling.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Convict Lake has been one of our favorite fishing getaways for years. My husband and I wouldn't pick any other place, but to get married here. Our wedding at Convict Lake Resort was a perfect dream come true. The ceremony was held down by the lake with the gorgeous backdrop of the mountain and the sparkling water behind us. The guest were shuttled to a beautiful rustic area in front of the restaurant where we had cocktails/appetizers and the reception in the elegant white tent. Meghan, the coordinator and her team were amazing. You can tell they have a lot of experience in running any kind of event. Planning the wedding, Meghan gave me a list of vendors around the area since we were from out of town. She was always quick to respond to any questions. She handled any last minute changes with no problem. Natalie and her team did a wonderful job in creating the vision we had for the cocktail hour and reception. All the guest raved how good the food was and they had the best time ever at a wedding. Thank you so much for making our wedding better than what we ever envisioned. I would highly recommend Convict Lake Resort for any event. The perfect venue with excellent people you can trust.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Ken · Married on 06/04/2016

Meghan and her staff were phenomenal! They paid attention to all the little details and it showed. I'm the father of the bride and throughout the reception Meghan would check with me to make sure all was going well and believe me it was! This is a perfect venue if a couple is looking for the perfect High Sierra wedding. Thanks again Meghan and Staff!!! Ken M.

Sent on 09/13/2016

I havejt had our wedding there yet until this june but from everything so far its been very amazing with the staff that works there as well as the whole set up and location. I love it already.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Megan · Married on 05/27/2016

I cannot even say enough about this venue!!! Mike is fantastic and was so incredibly helpful when I contacted him about our last minute elopement. He went out of his way to make sure that our day was special and even worked with us when rain storms threatened. He also referred the Cooke's to us and their photography was absolutely amazing as well!! If you are looking for the absolute perfect venue for your special day, this is it!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Tessa · Married on 05/14/2016

If you are considering Convict Lake for your wedding venue, stop looking now and book it!!! I cannot say enough great things about the entire team at Convict Lake; they are the definition of hospitality! We were married there in May, had 145 guests, held the ceremony at the Shale Beach location (stunning), reception in the tent and used them for all catering, lighting and some rentals equipment like tables and chairs.

I wish I could include every single detail about how we were taken care of every step of the way, but know that you are in great hands here! From our initial meeting with Mike, where he welcomed my entire family with open arms to check out the venue through the end of our reception where Meghan was guiding us to cut the cake and ensure every detail was executed perfectly, I simply could not have asked for more. You can tell that this is a team of experienced professionals with how seamlessly the entire process was, from booking to awesome after party in the bar!

Meghan and Mike were so timely in their responses throughout the entire planning process (answered every single one of my many, many questions!) and executed bringing every detail of my vision to life for the day of. We had our final meeting with Meghan and her team a few days before and we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day! She even coordinated with all vendors and ensured everything was in place for the day of.

Next amazing factor was the food! I have had so many people tell me that was the best "wedding food" they have ever had. Steak, salmon and chicken all cooked perfectly with amazing flavor and the sides like au gratin potatoes that were perfect. The food was hot for our guests and they had two buffet lines so it was quick! Absolutely nailed it.

So, book Convict Lake now, you will not regret it! Thank you to Mike, Meghan and the ENTIRE TEAM at Convict Lake for the most incredible day and wedding we could imagine!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kellie · Married on 05/01/2016

Our wedding at Convict Lake Resort was absolutely stunning, even with the mix of rain/snow that occured throughout the day. The weather cooperated and we were able to have our ceremony lakeside (my biggest worry!), and resort/wedding staff helped move things around to keep our reception moving and guests dry even when the weather turned rainy after the ceremony. Meghan helped make planning our wedding so much easier. She answered all my questions in a timely manner, and helped me make informed decisions when planning all the details from out of town. I'm most thankful for her consistantly positive attitude, and confidence that the wedding would be beautiful, even when weather was a concern. Meghan's support and guidance made all the difference, especially the weekend of our wedding when our stress was higher. Meghan's professionalism and positive attitude, and support during our planning helped make our wedding a happy, beautiful event. Our friends and family still talk about how stunning the ceremony and reception were, and how great the event staff were. I would absolutely recommend this venue, and I am so thankful my husband and I were blessed to get married at Convict Lake.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Emerald · Married on 09/27/2015

Our wedding was incredible and went off without a hitch. We had guest after guest tell us it was one of, if not the most beautiful venues they had ever seen. There are two locations to choose from on the lake: one is flatter w/concrete and a beautiful view (great for older guests since it's easier to get to) and the other is Shale Beach (the guests will sit in the Aspen trees on the edge of the lake). We went with the latter and also took pontoon boats across the lake to the ceremony site, which was a hit with our guests. Mike and Meghan were incredibly helpful, flexible and accommodating and they really went above and beyond to make sure all of our guests were happy.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2015

Our wedding at Convict Lake was nothing short of a dream come true. Mike and Meghan were wonderful to work with and made the planning process as easy as they possibly could. We met with them numerous times to hash out the details over our seven month planning time-frame and they held our hands through the entire process.
    The location is incredible if you like the mountains, it does not get more picturesque than Convict Lake. But you need to be prepared for the weather. Luckily we had perfect weather, and I mean PERFECT, but rainstorms and strong winds can come at you at any time so you need to be a pretty low-key bride if you want to be able to roll with mother nature's punches here.
    I have to say the absolute best part of our experience at Convict Lake was Meghan's services on the day of the wedding. Meghan blew my mind with how she was able to anticipate our every need, she truly went above and beyond the call of duty on our big day, and it made it that much more special.
    I would highly recommend having your guests stay at the resort as well. We had about 70% of our entire wedding at the resort and that made it all the more special. If we could do it all over again we would have our wedding at Convict 1,000 times over.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Patty · Married on 06/20/2015

I would absolutely book Convict Lake for your next event!

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • User5204691 · 2+ years ago

We were so happy with the Convict Lake venue, from start to finish. They made planning so easy in terms of lodging, catering, ceremony and reception. They are friendly and helpful, and the venue is spectacular! The wedding tent gives you the beauty of being outside (glass walls), but the protection and comfort of being inside. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/26/2018

April · Married on 05/30/2015

We had our ceremony at Millpond Park in Bishop and rented our chair and microphone from Convict Lake. They chairs were white and simple and nice, and they worked with us to get a wireless mic we could pass around since the mic they had was on a stand. I really appreciate that they were able to figure that out for us, and the set up and take down all seemed to go smoothly!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Anna · Married on 03/28/2015

I can't say enough about Mike, Meghan and the rest of the team at Convict Lake, who helped make our wedding day so incredibly special. They went above and beyond everything we asked of them and made the entire process easy and stress-free. This really is a gorgeous location to have a wedding and if you choose to get married here you will be supported by some of the kindest and most organized staff. They're professional and responsive and will work within your budget. All of our guests continue to tell us that it was one of the best (if not the best) wedding they have ever attended and we know we owe so much of that praise to the Convict Lake team. My husband and I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have a naturally stunning and flawlessly executed mountain wedding.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Brian and Kaitlin · Married on 10/11/2014

Let me tell you a story: once upon a time there was a beautiful, smart, incredible woman named Kaitlin (my soon-to-be wife at the time) and her adorable, awesome, fantastic, incredible, intelligent (too much?) soon-to-be-husband. They lived in Los Angeles, but wanted an amazing wedding in Mammoth, CA.

So after a little digging online, Kaitlin came across a place called Convict Lake which looked beautiful. After some kicking and screaming from Brian, they drove up to Convict Lake for a weekend to check it out. What did they find? Well, let me tell you: the most gorgeous, perfect wedding spot you'll ever come across. Oh, and to make things better? Mike Melin and his staff (special thanks to Meghan Kunkel!!) are absolutely incredible. They serve as planners, coaches, etc., all rolled into one. It's really one-stop shopping.

The staff is 100% professional. They do tens (hundreds?) of weddings a year, and it shows. They worked with us every step of the way to make sure we had the best day of our lives, and we did. I can't possibly recommend them enough.

Now let me tell you how the story ends: my wife and I got married without a hitch. It was far and away the best day/night of our lives, and Mike and his team were integral in making it all happen.

One quick aside: the food is THE BEST. It's one of the things that sold us after our first visit. Every one of our guests told us that they've never been to a wedding with food they've actually liked before.

Book Convict Lake Resort. Now. Seriously - right now. What are you waiting for? Stop looking on websites and call them.

Thank you so so so much, Mike & Team!!!!!!!!! 5 stars isn't anywhere near enough, but it's as high as Wedding Wire will let me go. We love you!!!!!

Sent on 02/08/2015