Continuum Wedding Photography Reviews

28 | San Diego, CA

28 Reviews for Continuum Wedding Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Benjamin · Married on 09/28/2014

They advertise themselves as awesome and definitely do not disappoint. It was such a pleasure working with Josh and Melissa from the very beginning, through the engagement shoot, and on the wedding day. They are extremely friendly but extremely professional, too. Their rates are very reasonable for the high quality of work provided.

• Jenelle

Jenelle · Married on 10/19/2012

Photography is one part of your wedding day that you know needs to be amazing. It's how you're going to capture that magical, but fleeting Big Day. So, that means that finding photographers that are the right "fit" can be a stressful thing. Especially within your budget!

After contacting several photographers, I came across Continuum Photography and liked their style. Then, after my first phone conversation with Josh & Melissa, I knew that they had the right personalities for the job as well!

During the planning process, they were very responsive to any questions I had. They Skyped with my husband and I to make sure we were all on the same page, and they even made sure I had a timeline ready for the day.

On our wedding day we could not have been happier with Josh and Melissa. It was amazing to be able to relax and trust them to do what they do. I didn't have to worry about a thing! We took photos around downtown LA on a pretty tight time schedule, and they were super organized and relaxed. They found some really cool places to take pictures, directed us through what to do, and made everything feel natural and easy.

Once we were at our wedding ceremony/cocktail hour/reception, I didn't have to think for a minute where our photographers were or what they were doing. Josh and Melissa were on top of every single thing, taking photos of all the events of the evening, but never seeming to be all that noticeable somehow. They are very creative in their approach, and it seems like they really love what they do.

We were so happy that Josh and Melissa were part of our wedding day, and that we chose them for one of the most important parts. They are professional and extremely talented at what they do. They are also very fun to be around, and they work great together!

100% recommended!!

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2012

Hiring Josh and Melissa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day; they are immensely professional but so friendly and fun, and they capture amazing moments with their cameras. My husband and I knew photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding planning; Continuum made things so easy and clear from the start, from explaining the packages they have to signing the contract and getting us ready for the wedding.
    We were a bit nervous about having our photos taken, because let's face it- most people aren't used to having their photo taken professionally. Josh and Melissa worked to make us feel comfortable, & to get a sense of who we are as a couple and it shows in our photos. After our engagement photo session, we knew we were in the best hands. In the months leading up to the wedding, they were easy to contact, and were always willing to answer questions or give us advice which is so important as most of us have never planned a wedding!
    By working with Continuum, we really had confidence in their abilities to document the big day, and could relax and actually enjoy it. They helped figure out the right package so we could get all the things we wanted from our photos but stay within our budget. Most importantly, when we look back on the photos now, we can see just how well everything came together and we are so happy to look back on the day. The photos gave us a great view of everything that took place on the wedding day, even small details we might have missed seeing otherwise. Our friends and families have raved about them.
    Your photographers will be next to you for the entire day of your wedding- so you should hire people who put you at ease and work to make the experience wonderful for you. We are so glad we hired Josh and Melissa- we consider them great friends and working with them was fantastic.

Leila · Married on 10/23/2011

Melissa and Josh were absolutely wonderful; they make a great team!! From the moment we met them through the stressful planning process and the "big day"... they were very professional and personable, with an impressive response time via email :o) the pictures of the wedding day are beautiful! we've gotten so many compliments. Can't wait till the album design is complete :o)

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/20/2011

Continuum was incredibly to work with. We have the most amazing photos of our wedding thanks to them! They are the best!!!! We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Candise · Married on 07/22/2011

Photography was a very important area to my husband and I when we started the wedding planning process. We have a large group of friends and we were marrying off in quick succession and the main topic of conversation amongst us all was pictures! Many of my girlfriends didn’t focus on photographers as much as they focused on other parts of their weddings and regret that they didn’t put more time and effort in their search. We were anxious that we wouldn’t find a photographer that saw our vision or a photographer that wouldn’t know how to handle such a large bridal party and family. This had my husband and I very nervous. We started the search and found Continuum Photography. I instantly loved that I was working with a husband and wife team that were creative, funny and genuinely wanted to make the day special for us, the couple. They were open to working with my husband and I on finding the perfect package that wasn’t going to break our budget or add more stress but was still able to give us gorgeous pictures that captured our day beautifully. They were able to save us so much time by having a wonderfully updated blog of their past weddings which gave us ideas for our wedding and just their vast knowledge of weddings and families helped calm my nerves. I stalked their site weekly to see what new work they would post! They answered emails quickly and as a bride planning a wedding and up at all hours of the night, this was invaluable! As the wedding day came closer, I was emailed a fantastic checklist that helped calmed my nerves as it included tips for the day and a photo wish list of the photos I wanted taken as well and with which family members during formal shots. By the time the wedding rolled around, I was cool and composed knowing that I didn’t have to worry about Josh and Melissa. The day went beautifully and smoothly. Josh and Melissa were kind, professional and very effective. My whole bridal party felt at ease with them which in turn made my husband and I relax and really enjoy the day. Some of my guests even came up to us during the reception and couldn’t wait to see our pictures because they were shooting from great angles! We were SO excited to get our proofs back knowing the attention to detail that is taken during the editing process. We literally gasped when Josh emailed us our first kiss shot as a teaser. Even as we look through our pictures now, we still can’t believe that those people are really us. The love and emotion of the day was captured so beautifully and we can’t thank Josh and Melissa for their amazing work and making our day such a blissful event.

Joanna · Married on 05/14/2011

We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Continuum to capture our wedding day. Josh and Melissa captured the stunning venues and our personal touches, but more importantly they captured the emotions of the day. We'll cherish the photos for years to come!

Jessica · Married on 11/27/2010

Thanks to Josh and Melissa, my husband and I will forever be able to relive our wedding day. They managed to capture every single important, funny, emotional and memorable moment of our special day, and we are forever grateful to them. Additionally, they braved a cold November day in Chicago in order to give us a variety of great outdoor photos in various locations! Selecting the right photographer was one of our top priorities, and Josh and Melissa exceeded our expectations in every way.

Debbie · Married on 11/14/2010

We LOVED Continuum Photography. Our pictures were tiny little works of art. Each picture was edited and truly captured our day. We did a lot of research before picking them to do our wedding photography and could not have been happier. We liked them so much that my sister used them when she got married a year later.

So many of my friends pictures have come back without each picture being edited. Each one of our photographs was edited in a professional and true manner and are wonderful. I would highly recommend them!

Lindsay · Married on 08/21/2010

We LOVED working with Josh and Melissa. We have amazing wedding photos all thanks to them! They did an outstanding job capturing every memorable moment! We are now able to look back at our wedding pictures and relive the night ! We would recommend them to anyone getting married or is just looking for a reliable, professional, amazing photographer.

Nicole · Married on 06/26/2010

Continuum Photography was one of the flawless components of my wedding day. They were polished, professional and assisted us with aspects that were not photography related. It was clear to us that they had loads of experience, which was demonstrated in a way that calmed our anxieties and made us much more confident about the flow of the event. Their work is beautiful and working with them is a pleasure. I recommend them highly.

Leah · Married on 03/20/2010

My husband and I knew, without a doubt who we wanted our wedding photographer to be as soon as we got engaged because of the photos we'd seen of a good friend's wedding from a few years before...then we contacted them, and this guy was $10,000 for an 8 hr package??!!! We couldn't BELEIVE it!

BUT, it did help inform our search of the TYPE of pictures we wanted...photos that told a story, caught a moment, seemed to jump off the page, like they were alive! SO, we found JOSH AND MELISSA!!!

We knew at our first meeting that they would be a perfect match for what we were looking for. Not only do they take incredible pictures, but they have an amazing point of view about the photos, they treat you like the best of friends, and make the whole experience amazing!

The entire process - from engagement photo session to album creation has been beyond what we expected of them! They are exceptional professionals, artists, and people.

Robin · Married on 09/26/2009

So, I know it might look like a scam that I gave Continuum 5 stars across the board, but from the moment we meet them, through the process of engagement shots and the wedding, Josh and Melissa were by far, the easiest vendors we worked with for our wedding. We ordered a wedding package that included an engagement session, wedding photos, and a fauxtobooth for our guests. The price was right along with our budget and while I was contemplating having a videographer, the photos spoke for themselves in terms of getting every moment, from my mine and my husband's first kiss to my crazy drunken friends hugging each other in loving embrace.

They are great people: easy to get along with and like butter to work with!

Mark · Married on 09/19/2009

If you're reading this you might ask yourself, "really, all 5s? Surely you were too lazy to pick any other number." Truth is, I wasn't lazy nor is 5 my favorite number (it's 4). Continuum Photography earned every single 5-star rating.

Sure, you can hire a photographer just because of their price. You could hire them because you like this one picture they took in the one place that you'll never be at. Why not consider hiring photographers who are incredibly personable, are easy to work with, provide a great deal of care and moderate amounts of wit to what they do? Most importantly, you should really consider hiring Josh and Melissa because the quality of their pictures never wavers from picture 1 to picture 1,001.

You may be able to save $1 or 2 somewhere else but don't. They're worth the investment and they're worth getting to know and having them a part of your once-in-a-lifetime event. Plus, it's a lot of fun to gloat about how great your photos turned out and how great the people were who took the pictures after your big day is over!

If you only do this once, you might as well do it right the first time. Right? Right.

Erin · Married on 09/12/2009

All I can say is - Wow. How often is it that wedding guests compliment the photographers on being great at their job?? I don't know, but I know we had multiple guests gushing about Josh, Melissa and BJ. We credit their Fauxtobooth for getting the party atmosphere rolling early, and the photographers themselves were everywhere the party was without ever getting in the way. They had really cool ideas about some posed pictures in our beautiful venue and although it was hard to leave the party even for a couple minutes, we trusted them completely that we would regret it if we didn't get a few posed shots. They were so right. We also really appreciated the way they handled the formal shots - i.e. professionally and QUICKLY!!

We cannot WAIT to see all the pictures. We know that these are some very talented photographers and that they got some really cool shots. We are so excited!

Also, Josh and Melissa are just fun people and we very much enjoyed getting to know them and working with them. I can say without reservation that you should hire them for your wedding!

Natalie · Married on 09/05/2009

We couldn't have been happier that we chose Josh and Melissa as our wedding photographers. They are incredibly talented and were one of the best vendors that we hired. Not once did I have a concern about the services they would provide, and we have beautiful pictures and a wonderful album that we can treasure for a lifetime. Not only were Josh and Melissa responsive and accomodating prior to the wedding (and of course on the wedding day), but they were the same way after the wedding. I can't stress how much that was appreciated. My husband and I have recommended them to everyone we know, but to be honest, their work speaks for itself.

Maura · Married on 08/08/2009

We loved working with Josh and Melissa. They were the perfect mix of professional and fun. We wanted a more of a photojournalist approach to our pictures and Continuum delivered. Not only did we love the photos, our album turned out perfectly. We would highly recommend Josh and Melissa!!

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2009

When we met with Josh and Melissa for the first time, we had already met with several photographers, and weren't really excited about any of them. After leaving our first meeting with them, we wanted to book them immediately so we wouldn't lose them to another couple! Their pictures are gorgeous, their style is exactly what we wanted, and the quality of service is unbeatable! We had a great time working with them, and they were SO prepared! I keep telling people that I am so glad I didn't hire one of those "day of" wedding planners to handle all of the details and issues that pop up on the day of the wedding, because I got that with my photographers as well! Anytime anyone needed anything, had a question, or there was a problem, it seemed they were right there to handle it! Our day went so much more smoothly because of them, and we also have fabulous photos to show for it! Everyone who sees them says something along the lines of, "Your wedding pictures are gorgeous! They are simply amazing! I mean, you two look great and all, but those photographers are really talented!" They truly are a magical team- we could not be happier with the fantastic job they did. It is clear that they genuinely care about your wedding day, and will do whatever they can to make it special for you.

Matt · Married on 07/03/2009

Josh and Melissa are phenomenal! Our wedding was in Chicago in July 2009 and we wanted to pick just the right photographer for the job. We decided to go with them because of their eye for great candid photos and boy did they go above and beyond! Not only were the pictures beautiful, but their knowledge of the city and incorporation of the various backgrounds made the pictures look so artistic. They both were relaxed but attentive from day one and meshed in with the ceremony and reception; not once did we feel like they were a distraction. And, they were incredibly nice and fun! From our experience with these two and all the compliments we?ve gotten from our family and friends, it is with high regard that I recommend Continuum Photography for your special day! 5 stars all the way!

Lisa · Married on 05/30/2009

Stellar talent and personalized, attentive customer service. Great value for cost. Josh and Melissa are very talented and were a pleasure to work with. Their portfolio is reflective of their work. I recommend them without reservation.

michele · Married on 05/24/2009

From start to finish, we have been completely thrilled with our choice of Continuum Photography. The photojournalistic quality of the shots is what drew us to Continuum in the first place, and Josh and Melissa really delivered on that: the photos from our wedding day are candid, original, surprisingly wonderful images that vividly capture our personalities as well as those of our friends and family. Josh and Melissa were a joy to work with: they were on time, professional, and entirely unobtrusive on our wedding day. Most amazing to us is that these two seemed to be in ten places at once -- we can't believe how many moments before, during, and after the ceremony they were able to capture. All this, and our online album was available for us to see and share with everyone we love very shortly after the wedding.

Matthew · Married on 04/22/2009

My wife and I could not have been happier with Continuum Photography. Not only did they take the most amazing photos, but everyone who attended loved them. They fit right in with our guests, and were able to get all the shots we wanted without getting in the way once. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring this duo, you WILL NOT be disappointed !!!

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2008

I have known Josh and Melissa for over 7 years. They are great people, good friends and amazing photographers. Over the years I have watched Josh's photography grow and change and have marveled at the way he is able to capture the feeling of a moment in his pictures - he truly has the eye and talent of a great photographer. I knew from early on in our friendship, from seeing all his amazing pictures, that I wanted him to be my wedding photographer some day. Of course, I was around 19 at the time so I had to wait a couple of years. I was sad when Josh and Melissa decided to move to Chicago a few years ago but when I got engaged last year they decided to make the trip out to Seattle to photograph my wedding - on Melissa's birthday, no less. Our photos are beautiful and I couldn't have asked for more on my wedding day.

Kristy · Married on 06/28/2008

I can't recommend Josh & Melissa highly enough. From viewing Josh's work online, we could tell he has a special talent and a great eye. And once we met him and Melissa, we were impressed by their philosophy and approach to wedding photography, as well as their warmth and professionalism.

Josh was very responsive during the planning process -- we always heard back from him within 24 hours.

On the day of the wedding, Josh and Melissa were prompt and prepared. They interacted professionally with us and our guests and received many compliments.

We received our photos online within one week of the wedding (amazing!) The photos themselves are beyond belief. We had several guests comment regretfully that they wished they could get married again so Josh and Melissa could be their photographers.

We feel that we received the most amazing product, beyond our expectations, and for a very reasonable price. We recommend Continuum Photography without reservation.

Laura · Married on 06/21/2008

Josh and Melissa were very easy to work with. They went above and beyond the call of duty. We were able to ask them general wedding questions leading up to the day and even on the day, which was nice since we didn't hire a wedding coordinator or planner. But we never, ever felt like they were obtrusive.

But of course the most amazing thing was the quality of the photos! Everyone has complimented us on our photographs. Several family members and friends have ordered proofs from their gallery from our wedding. We've spent numerous hours oohing and ahhing over the photos on the disk they gave us. Even though we had an indoor wedding, they took us outside for some additional photos, which turned out to be some of our favorite pictures! The pictures were a great mix of artistic, classic, posed, candid, etc. One of the most exciting things was that they brought out a fish eye lens camera and tripod, and everyone was able to take their own pictures, similar to a photobooth.

We had a small, not entirely traditional wedding, but from what we had seen them do with other weddings (larger, more traditional, or more non-traditional), they would be able to shoot each wedding in a way that would express the wedding itself and the couple.