Contemporary Image Photographers Reviews

Contemporary Image Photographers 5
Contemporary Image Photographers 6
Contemporary Image Photographers 7

Tracee · Married on 10/09/2011

Emil and Mike were such a pleasure to work with. I searched most of central NJ for my wedding photographer and finally landed on Contemporary Images. I am so happy I did. They made my wedding such a delight. They were very professional and creative. I am so excited to see my final photos. If you are looking for an artistic/photographer, look no further!

Sent on 11/02/2011

jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

Contemporary Image was a pleasure to work with! Not only did Emil have an eye for photography, but a great sense of humor and professionalism that made the day even better. Emil provided a very wide variety of photos and captured different styles which made for a perfect album.

Contemporary Image's photos were absolutely stunning and captured our day exactly as we remember it without skipping a beat!!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Suzanne · Married on 09/10/2011

Photography for your wedding day is the life of your wedding. Emil Bartsche and the Contemporary Image are amazing! Emil's eye for photography is one of a kind. We were able to share some photos that Emil put on Facebook with friends, and their reactions were awesome. We can't wait to see all of our photos from our wedding day. We know we were in the best of hands as our engagement pictures are drop dead gorgeous. We went for a relaxed outdoor look, and shot at Allaire State Park. The pics look like we shot for a magazine. LOVE THEM and love Emil and the Contemporary Image. Best ever!!

Sent on 10/15/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2011

We just got married July 29, 2011 and we used Emil from Contemporary Image and they are absolutely amazing. We chose him because he did photography for one of our friend’s weddings four years ago and I remember how much his work stood out to me, and I knew we had to have him. I had even priced out a few other photographers and no one came close to his prices and his quality, you feel as though he is not even there but managed to capture everything! I highly recommend Contemporary Image!!!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/16/2011

After a long search for a photographer we came across Emil at Contemporary Images (recommended by our venue). From first viewing his work online, to then seeing them in person we were both in awe of the beauty and creativity caught in every photo. We scheduled our engagement session on a day that turned out to be a total bummer, as the weather was rainy, dreary, and dull...however, Emil made it work and they came out incredible!!!! We received so many compliments on them. The day of our wedding (July 16, 2011) Emil and Danielle were able to capture every detail of our special day. After the ceremony, Emil took us to a beach for pictures but after seeing how crowded it was he went out of his way to take us to a more secluded beach for better pictures. The professionalism that he and Danielle showed us throughout the whole process has been wonderful. We received so many photos back, I don't know how we'll ever decide which ones will be in our album. I would highly recommend Emil to anyone looking for an awesome photographer!!!!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Kate · Married on 05/07/2011

Contemporary Image was fantastic! Not only did the pictures come out amazing, but the whole day went so smoothly. Emil has great vision for photography and it really shows in all the photos! He is very easy-going, which really made for an excellent experience working with him!

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • nikg9

Nicole · Married on 03/05/2011

We first met Emil after we found out that Contemporary Image was the photographer that was included in our wedding package at the Crystal Point. We met with him and scheduled an engagement session where we went to the beach. We have a lot of fun and felt comfortable with him from the start!
    Onthe wedding day, Emil and Michelle (2nd photographer) helped make our special day that much more amazing!! Emil was with me as I got ready and Michelle hung with the guys. Both are so down to earth and made us feel extremely comfortable. They both captured some amazing shots, especially at Monmouth University, where I went to college. The setting was perfect and made for some amazing pictures. While on our honeymoon still, Emil posted a sneak peek of some of our pictures and also a short montage including video. Michelle had my husband say a few words to me on camera before the ceremony which made me and everyone else who watched, cry! They also captured so many pics of people having a blast at the reception. Within one week, Emil sent me the link to view ALL of the wedding pictures, over 2,000 of them!!!
    I am so grateful to them for helping make our day spectacular! I recommend their services to anyone getting married!!

Sent on 03/22/2011

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

I want to thank you for this wonderful review. You, your family and friends were a delight to work with and I look forward to a continued relationship. See you soon.

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2010

Emil at Contemporary Image was fantastic. We did a meet and greet beforehand to get most of the pictures of myself and my husband. I had been a little nervous but he (and the English Manor) made it so beautiful and special. All of the pictures were great and he was very professional. He was on time, and efficient and was able to capture not only the typical pictures but some artistic hots as well. He moved quickly and made the whole picture taking process fun!

Sent on 09/17/2010
  • Krissie

Kristina · Married on 09/05/2009

Emil does amazing work. My engagement pictures were great and so unique. Contemporary Image caught every detail of my wedding :) I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 09/29/2009

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2009

We could not be happier with Emil and his work. He was incredibly professional, flexible and gave us years worth of memories to look at. From start to finish, he was great to work with. We could not be happier with his services!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2009

Tina Marie · Married on 10/18/2008

Ed O'Malley (of The Contemporary Image) was a godsend! The wedding package I purchased included a complimentary engagement session and large portrait a couple months before the wedding. Well, I got caught up in the planning and the fact that I was entitled to this photo shoot completely slipped my mind. Ed called ME to remind me, scheduled the session 2 weeks before the wedding, on a SUNDAY, suggested the perfect atmosphere, informed me on the time the sunsets to make the perfect background, and took over 200 photos on HIS TIME! His committment to his profession is unparallel! I have sung his praises since that day! Both Ed, and his partner James captured EVERY moment of the wedding-both poses and candids! I feel like I relive the wedding each time I look at the photos...

I have never dealt with a vendor who is so professional, yet feels like someone I have known as a long time friend. This is the ONE physical part of the wedding that remains over time and reminds you of the BEST day of your life... Thanks to Ed O'Malley, my day was absolute perfection and I have over 1600 of the most amazing pictures to remind me! I have, and will continue to recommend Ed, and the Contemporary Image! They are committed to 110% excellence!

Sent on 01/18/2009

Megan · Married on 10/04/2008

Emil from Contemporary Image is an amazing photographer - he loves what he does and it truly shows in his work. From the moment that we met with him we knew that he would be the perfect photographer for our day. It is going to be so hard for us to narrow done what seems like a handful from the hundreds of photos we received. He captured literally every moment! People can't believe how many amazing shots we have. Emil was a pleasure to work with and he helped us get from one place to another with no stress what-so-ever! I would HIGHLY recommend Contemporary Image - you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Julie · Married on 09/28/2008

Emil's professionalism, flexibility, and creativity allowed us to capture the best day of our lives in outstanding photographs that will last a lifetime. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Dana · Married on 07/12/2008

Ed was a wonderful photographer. He was very personable, yet professional. He also had great insight on the area, Spring Lake, NJ and captured the best shots, while staying out of the way. I would definitely recommend him to everyone! Our album came out with great detail and our friends all say it's the most amazing wedding album they've ever seen.

Sent on 02/16/2009
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 12/23/2007

I am a wedding videographer and I have pretty much worked with every photographer in NJ. I was lucky enough to have 2 great photographers for my own wedding. I chose Emil Bartsche as one of them. Emil's talent and his personality is perfect for any couple's wedding day. No one knows photographer's better than I do, and Emil is the man! I've also worked with Emil's partners Ed and Mary and both are just so much fun and creative on the wedding day. These 3 are not overbearing photographers. They are calm, relaxed and experienced. When I work with this studio, I always get great video footage.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Angela · Married on 12/01/2007

Contemporary Image Photography was awesome, Ed was great and I get lots and lots of compliments on my wedding album. It was just what I wanted.

Sent on 01/20/2009

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2007

Excellent service and incredible talent. Emil specialized in photo journalism, our photos were amazing, he has a great eye. All around great guy to work with. Reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/30/2007

Jake · Married on 06/23/2007

Very creative, excellent images. Value for cost.

Sent on 12/12/2007

Kris · Married on 03/31/2007

Emil was just top-notch! He listened to my requests and was very unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception. Yet we ended up with over 1200 shots from our day! 10+++++

Sent on 05/02/2008

Amanda · Married on 04/27/2018

My husband and I worked with Mary and Michelle for our wedding. We had an amazing time, they were soooo great! They made us feel so comfortable, they were soo friendly and fun, and they made sure to get any specific shots I asked for! My guests also commented on how great it was that they really stayed out of they way and we barely noticed they were there. I have nothing but great things to say!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thanks Amanda for this wonderful review.
  • melissaann

Melissa · Married on 07/03/2016

We met with Emil of Contemporary Image on a recommendation from a friend, and selected Contemporary based on Emil's laid back personality and artistic sensibility. Emil and Mike put a nervous bride at ease, used top notch equipment (including a drone!), and took some incredible photos. We would definitely recommend to others. Thanks again!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2013

My husband and I used Emil and Contemporary Image Photographers for both our engagement session and wedding! We absolutely love our photos and how everything turned out! Our engagement session was so much fun and really allowed us to get a feel for how Emil worked and the quality of his photos (which are great!) Our wedding day was magical. Emil worked with the bride and the bridesmaids in the morning while Michelle worked with the groom and the groomsmen. Everyone was so nice and really worked great with us. Emil worked so quickly to get us our photos! I couldn't believe that just a month after our wedding we had a USB of over 4000 pictures from our wedding! It was amazing and absolutely a joy to go through them all! My husband and I as well as our families loved the pictures from the very beginning! Most recently we received our photo albums! It was so hard choosing the 80 we wanted in our photo album! Once we sent the images back to Emil, he did such a great job of putting together a beautiful album that we can cherish forever!! One advice I would give to future brides, definitely have a list of photos you want taken. Looking back on all of the photos, there are some poses that I wish I had taken,but was too caught up in the moment of our wedding day to pause and take. The day flashes before your eyes when your living in the moment, so make sure that there is a list or discussion about what photos you want taken. So really communicate and plan that out! Emil is so welcoming to ideas and him and his team are truly creative! They have allowed my wedding day to live forever through beautiful pictures! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review Samantha.

I agree with Samantha, it always helps if you have an idea of what pictures you want. We love new ideas.

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2016

I cannot say enough to rave about our photographers. They went far above and beyond. They stayed extra hours, provided extra engraving on the album, provided a wealth of beautiful pictures, and Michelle even save the day by fixing my makeup!!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Emil was excellent, as was his assistant that helped that day. We loved our wedding album, and the pictures were great! I would definitely recomend!

Sent on 01/28/2013
  • O

Alexis · Married on 08/30/2008

The services and quality of workmanship that Emil and his staff provided were phenomenal. We were both very happy with the finished product and cannot wait to get our coffeetable book!

Sent on 11/20/2008