Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

194 | Herndon, VA

194 Reviews for Connie's Cake Creations

Judy · Married on 07/06/2012

Connie was wonderful to work with. My daughter and I had different ideas and she made them work for both of us. Her cake was beautiful but most importantly it was delicious. There were many options and flavors to choose from. My daughter and son in law were very pleased when they walked into the reception and saw their wedding cake.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Heidi · Married on 06/23/2012

Working with Connie was wonderful and stress-free. Our cake was simple, beautiful looking, and delicious. Her buttercream icing is to die for. We also will probably not wait to eat our top tier yum!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Connie's cake was fabulous. My daughter liked 2 different cakes and Connie used them both. We loved her cake tasting in her home and felt like we got real personal service. To top it off the price was great. Thank you Connie...Carol Witt

Sent on 07/28/2012

Donna · Married on 06/02/2012

The cake was AWESOME! Connie came highly recommended and she did not disappoint. We probably won't wait until our first anniversary to eat the rest of the cake!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Emily · Married on 05/27/2012

Connie's cakes are delicious!! My guests were raving non-stop about how great the wedding cake tasted! Connie herself is so sweet and professional, and her cakes are very affordable. She bakes the cakes out of her house so you know that there is an extra amount of personal love and attention that goes into her finished product. Connie was responsive to my emails and calls, and delivered the cake on time. Nothing but positive reviews here! :)

Sent on 06/01/2012

Erin · Married on 05/12/2012

Our cake looked and tasted amazing. Connie was great to work with!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Grace · Married on 04/22/2012

Yummy! From the tasting, I know Connie knew her stuff. She had already drawn a draft of the wedding cake look I sent her via email, was super organized and I didn't have to go over what I already emailed her before the tasting (something I did with another baker----as if none of those emails were read or mattered).

Her cakes are delicious. I loved knowing I was supporting a small business owner who works from her home. EVERYONE loved and commented on the cake....the look of fondant but instead a very delicious, lick-all-the-icing-off-the-plate good buttercream. We got almond butter with raspberry, marble with chocolate, and almond butter with chocolate as our 3 layers.

Highly recommended. And early anticipating eating our anniversary cake (probably will happen this week).

Sent on 05/04/2012

Connie's Cakes are the best! She uses mostly butter cream so as not to sacrifice taste, and can make anything you want. I have been to a few large bridal shows and have tasted numerous cakes, and Connie's was by far the best. Just give her a call and I know you will be satisfied!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Lynn · Married on 11/19/2011

My daughter followed the recommendation of a friend and hired this vendor. From beginning to end, she was a pleasure to work with. The wedding cake layers were several different cakes and fillings as per the bride's request. The icing LOOKED like fondant, but was actually REAL icing. Beautiful look, without the rubbery quality of fondant. We received many compliments on the look and more importantly, the fantastic quality and taste.

Sent on 11/21/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2011

Connie's Cake Creations is awesome!!! My wedding cake was so delicious and perfect. It was exactly what we wanted and we couldn't have been happier. Everyone ate the cake and we didn't have extra! Connie was very responsive and professional. She was great and definitely knows what she is doing!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2011

Connie's wedding cakes are absolutely beautiful and taste delicious. All of my guests were raving about the cake and one friend described it as "heavenly." We're going to have a hard time saving the top layer until our anniversary! Connie is great to work with and has a wide range of flavors and fillings to choose from. If you're having a fall wedding I would definitely recommend the spice cake with the cream cheese buttercream filling for one of the layers. Connie listened to all of my ideas for designs and when the cake showed up at the reception it exceeded all of my expectations. I would highly recommend Connie's Cake Creations and will definitely be contacting her again the next time we need a cake.

Sent on 10/23/2011

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2011

Connie's cake was so amazing! She specializes in butter cream frosting and this is what we wanted. Although it was butter cream it looked just as flawless as fondant. Her design was just as she showed us when we met with her, and the flavors of our cake were so delicious. We had a four tiered cake, and each layer was a different flavor, with a different filling, even with this, our price stayed the same! Her prices were much lower than many of those in the area, and her cake tasted better than some of the more expensive ones that we tried. We would recommend Connie to anyone who is ordering a wedding cake!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Meg · Married on 09/24/2011

Connie was wonderful. She met me and 4 others on a Sunday morning to accomodate my busy schedule. She offered no extra price to put a different flavor on each layer, and her prices were about the same, if not lower, than others in the area. She kept in touch regularly and delivered the cake on time and in perfect, exactly-as-we-asked-for condition. And most of all, the cake was fantastic! We got so many compliments on it. We would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 09/30/2011
  • tina

Tina · Married on 09/18/2011

I am so glad we decided to have Connie create both our wedding cake and the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. For the rehearsal dinner we asked for a VA Tech "Hokie" cake. She did a beautiful job on the design! Everyone thought it was wonderful! The cake ended up being completely finished because everyone went back for seconds! The same thing happened at the wedding! We expected to have leftover cake, but nope - everyone wanted more! Lots of comments from everyone about first the taste, but also how gorgeous the cake was!! We were so happy with what she produced for us!!! My husband wants a cake from Connie at every event from now on. *****EDIT: To view the beautiful cake Connie created for us for yourself, please view my online profile where I have uploaded a picture of the cake. Flowers were provided by Affordable Arrangements, and the ladies worked wonderfully together to make this cake look amazing!!!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Jan · Married on 09/10/2011

Connie made a beautiful cake for my daughter's wedding. She provided so many delicious samples at the tasting that my daughter decided to have each layer be a different flavor. They were all so delicious and the cake was simple, elegant, and perfect for the wedding. I would highly recommend Connie!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Debi · Married on 09/10/2011

We found Connie through The Knot Magazine and we could not have been more pleased with our wedding cake. Connie invited 5 of us into her home for a consultation and cake tasting. We got to sample many flavors of cake, and they were all delicious. We viewed her website beforehand and had the style of the cake picked out by viewing different photos. The price was just what we expected. Connie was very easy to communicate with via email or phone. Each tier of our cake was a different flavor and had a different filling. I was so disappointed that I did not get a piece of cake from our middle tier because I had been looking forward to it since our tasting!! I hope I can ask Connie to recreate that tier for us and make us a mini-cake! :) We can’t wait to eat our anniversary tier when we get back from our honeymoon next month. Thank you for everything Connie!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Jackie · Married on 09/03/2011

Connie's cakes are delicious and moist. I gave her an idea of the design we wanted and she did a beautiful job with it. She even let us get creative with a cake stand we wanted to try out. She delivered on time and the cake looked great!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Amy · Married on 08/07/2011

Connie did such an incredible job with our wedding cake! We are extremely happy with how the cake turned out. The cake was beautiful, moist, and delicious. We received tons of compliments about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. We were so happy to have leftovers of our wedding cake. We savored every bite of it! Connie is such a kind, helpful, and flexible person. Connie exceeded all of our hopes and expectations. We could not have asked for a better baker. :o)

Sent on 09/25/2011

Kerree · Married on 07/30/2011

The cake was fabulous! All of the guests were raving how great the cake tasted and most importantly, how moist it was! Connie is truly an expert and consummate professional. Extremely responsive and so easy to work with, the cake was one thing I did not have to worry about! Thanks Connie!

Sent on 08/01/2011

Christie · Married on 07/16/2011

Connie is AMAZING when it comes to cakes. Lucky for me, my family has known her for years, so there was no doubt that I would choose Connie to make my cake- and I am SO glad that we used her services. Connie does absolutely beautiful work, and the cakes are delicious too. At the tasting, we got to sample each of her amazing flavors, and it was so hard for me to choose my cake flavors because everything tasted so incredible. (With her help, we were finally able to come to some great choices!) Connie only uses buttercream, which was a huge selling point for me (because her icing is SO delicious), but she makes the cakes look as good or better than fondant cakes (not an easy task). She worked with me to ensure that I got the exact look I was going for, and was very responsive whenever we needed to discuss anything.

When I got to the reception and first saw the cake, I was amazed. The cake was more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I couldn't stop looking at how great it looked!! She did an incredible job, and it was exactly what I wanted it to look like. It was a huge hit, and some people told me they went back for 3 or 4 slices because it tasted so good! We are SO pleased with our cake, and would HIGHLY recommend anyone to use Connie for your wedding cake!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Kristin · Married on 07/09/2011

Connie was great to work with! We were able to sample many different delicious cakes! She helped us with our ideas and she draws a wonderful sketch of your cake design idea which really helps you confirm your design. I brought a couple pictures I liked and Connie helped me combine the ideas into just what we wanted. The cake looked beautiful and tasted delicious!!! My sister and I both used Connie's Cake Creations and were both very happy and my cousin is about to use her for her wedding as well. I definitely recommend!! :)

Sent on 07/26/2011

Crystal · Married on 06/03/2011

All of my friends and family loved the cake and raved about it for days. It was truly delicious and looked amazing. It was so easy to work with her and she produced a beautiful cake that tasted amazing as well!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Diana · Married on 05/28/2011

Wow! Connie's homemade buttercream icing and cakes are AMAZING! I had a specific design that was being incorporated throughout the wedding and she was able to put it on the cake! The cake was so delicious - the guests are still talking about it! I can't wait to break out the top on our anniversary. Her prices are extremely affordable - much cheaper than most others I talked to. I sampled many cakes and hers was hands down the best.

Sent on 06/22/2011

Emily · Married on 05/27/2011

Connie is amazing! The cake that she made for my wedding was absolutely beautiful but even more importantly it was delicious. She was very pleasant to work with and helpful. I would highly recommend Connie's Cake Creations to anyone. YUM.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Colleen · Married on 05/22/2011

The cake was amazing. Connie made the cake tasting process fun an easy. Every flavor and filling was delicious. She made our cake larger to accommodate our cake topper, for no additional cost. I felt the price was very reasonable for how wonderful the cake was. On our wedding day the cake was beautiful, more beautiful then I could have imagined, and the cake tasted amazing. We had butter cake with strawberry filling and white cake with chocolate filling. I would highly recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 06/05/2011