Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

194 | Herndon, VA

194 Reviews for Connie's Cake Creations

• User3205192 · 2+ years ago

The cake was definitely not my highest priority going into wedding planning but it turned out to be one of the most talked about things at the wedding! The cake was moist and delicious and people kept going back for seconds and thirds and telling me how great it was! Connie was very good at listening to what I wanted, making suggestions, and I knew I could rely on her to have the cake there on time and looking good. I was so pleased with her work and highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Connie recently provided an amazing cake for our engagement party. She did a fantastic job with decorating the cake and it was delicious!! You really can't beat her buttercream. I would highly recommend Connie for wedding cake; she is flexible and very easy to work with!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Helen S. · Married on 09/28/2013

Connie's cake for our wedding turned out beautiful!!! It was fresh, moist and delicious! We received many compliments from our guests and she has a wide variety of options to choose from. The hardest part was deciding which flavors and fillings to choose from at the tasting. Thanks again Connie!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Leann · Married on 09/14/2013

Connie was such a fabulous person to work with and her wedding cake was both a work of art AND a delight to eat. She offers endless options and makes the choosing process a step by step production. It was also wonderful to support a home based business as she loves what she does and takes every choice seriously. I wish I could post a picture of our cake...it was sooooo perfect!!!!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Chelsea · Married on 08/16/2013

All I can say is that Connie and her cake that she created for us on our wedding day was absolutely outstanding! One thing i will always remember about Connie is how sweet her personality is. We went to her home for our tasting prior to our wedding and my husband and i share a 3 year old son, who if you know about 3 year olds can be a bit ... well ... hyper. When we arrived at Connies home we were greeted by her as if we had already known eachother for years. As soon as we sat down for the tasting, our son Jayden started his usual "ask question after question" bit. Connie knew what to do at this point, and gave Jayden a heeping bowl of her homemade chocolate mousse. Now i know you may think, here is a hyper 3 year old and you want to give him more sugar? Our son like that bowl clean and remained completly quiet the remainder of the tasting (i could use Connie's chocolate mousse next time i take Jayden on a grocery store trip). My point to this reflection was that Connie is so sweet to her customers and truly becomes a dear friend. Her cake for us was the most delcious slice of heaven i had tasted, and i cannot wait until our 1 year anniversary when i get to taste it again!!!! If you are looking for perfection, deliciousness, and professionalism than Connie is your girl for the job!!!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Sara · Married on 08/10/2013

Delicious and absolutely beautiful! Couldn't have asked for anything more

Sent on 08/25/2013

Jacob · Married on 07/20/2013

Connie's cakes are beautiful but more importantly delicious! Multiple people came up to us at the wedding to tell us how good the cake was! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/24/2013
  • User2251959 · 2+ years ago

We can't say enough good things about Connie's cakes! Our wedding cake was beautiful and honestly the most delicious cake that I have ever had! Seriously! Working with Connie was so easy. She was very flexible as far as planning tastings (my husband and I planned from out of town, so our time in town was limited). She was very responsive to calls and emails. The cake was beautiful and completely matched what we had envisioned. We highly recommend Connie's Cake Creations!

- Sarah and Andy

Sent on 08/09/2013

Tricia · Married on 07/05/2013

I can't imagine having a cake that was made by anyone other than Connie!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Connie's Cakes are DELICIOUS and so lovely. She does a terrific job for a very reasonable price. Guests raved about her cake and she will do different flavors for different layers.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Connie is such a sweet lady and is truly willing to work with you. She loves designing and baking cakes and you can definitely see and taste that when you work with her. She is a wonderful baker and her cakes are phenomenal!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2013

My wedding cake was literally one of my favorite details of my entire wedding thanks to Connie! She totally understood my vision. I wanted rustic romance, and she did a gorgeous three layer cake with rustic butter cream and pearl accents. Our florist added fresh flowers and the result was stunning. Plus, the cake was delicious!!! SO so good, and our guests raved about it. I highly recommend her services!!

Sent on 06/26/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/08/2013

We just got married at the Country Club of Fairfax last Saturday, and were totally blown away with how gorgeous and delicious our cake turned out! After having an awful experience at another bakery (in Occoquan, VA), we were so lucky to find Connie. She is so responsive and kind, and as soon as we visited her home-bakery for a tasting, we knew she was the one! We wanted a fairly simple buttercream cake (we are not fans of fondant...), and something delicious. At the tasting, everything was so good that we couldn't decide!! We ended up with a three tier cake of chocolate/vanilla marble with buttercream, lemon with fresh strawberries, and the anniversary cake of almond butter and chocolate buttercream. "Best wedding cake ever" was the consus we got all night from our family and friends. To top it off, Connie really makes getting a beautiful wedding cake affordable, which is so appreciated in this crazy expensive wedding industry. Thank you Connie for being such a joy to work with!!!

-- Olivia & Shaun

Sent on 06/14/2013

We absolutely LOVED our cake from Connie's Cake Creations!!! From the beginning Connie was responsive, helpful and flexible with our requests. Overall, she was very easy to work with.

I still remember walking in the reception and seeing our cake - it looked better than I imagined! More importantly, our cake was delicious. Our wedding was a month ago and we are still receiving compliments on how much everyone loved our cake.

Also, something I think every bride can appreciate - Connie's prices were very reasonable. This was very helpful as wedding costs quickly add up! I would 200% recommend Connie to any bride looking for a beautiful cake for their wedding and all my friends getting married!!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Amy · Married on 05/04/2013

Here's an easy way to sum up how good our wedding cake from Connie tasted: guests were going around after the cake was served to try and find unclaimed slices. Everyone seemed to comment that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. And the groom and I agree.

In fact, the cake was so delicious that the top (anniversary) layer never made it to the freezer. We ended up enjoying the whole thing on our mini-moon right after the wedding.

Connie uses buttercream frosting instead of fondant, which is a huge plus in my book and why we booked her. The taste of the cake was more important to us than the look. Luckily it was delivered looking very pretty and exactly as we had discussed!

I would recommend Connie to any of my friends getting married in the area.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Lindsey · Married on 04/27/2013

I can't tell how many compliments I received on the wedding cake (and usually nobody even notices the cake at weddings!) Connie is so friendly and professional, and her cakes are gorgeous but also taste great because she uses delicious buttercream icing instead of fondant. She had ribbon in our wedding colors that she used around the base of the cake tiers to tie it into our decor. When we went to our tasting, we couldn't decide on a flavor and she offered to just do each tier in a different cake/filling combination. The spice cake with cream cheese frosting was a big hit, as was the marble cake with strawberry filling. Connie has been making and delivering wedding cakes in the Northern VA area for so long that she knows most of the venues and other vendors. She knows exactly what she needs to bring, where to show up and set up the cake, and it's one thing you can totally cross of your to-do list and know that every detail will be taken care of. I hope another friend gets married soon so I can go to another wedding where there will be a "Connie's Cake Creation" served.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Sara · Married on 03/09/2013

I was very pleased with the cake we received from Connie. As others have reviewed, we did the tasting in her home and it was very comfortable and relaxed. I didn't feel like I was being pressured into ordering or designing something that wasn't in our budget or in our design. Connie had an album full of pictures and would have worked with a different design if I hadn't picked one from her album instead. All of the cake samples were delicious and making our decision was very difficult. My only regret (NOT Connie’s fault) was that I did not get to eat more than one bite of cake at our reception; however, everyone I spoke to says the cake was amazing. Our anniversary (top layer) cake is waiting for us in our deep freezer and I almost can’t wait to our one-year to eat it! Connie is by far the most affordable in the area and I have already recommended her to friends and also to other vendors from my wedding! Connie comes highly recommended!

Sent on 03/24/2013

My husband, a friend and I met with Connie at her home for a tasting about 8 months before our wedding. Connie was extremely professional, and had set out all of her different cake flavors, as well as the fillings and frosting choices. Every piece of cake that we tried was moist and had great flavor, which had not necessarily been the case at other cake vendors we had visited. The frostings all had just the right amount of sweetness to them as well. Since we had gone to other cake vendors previously, we knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like, and Connie captured that perfectly in her drawing. Because we were expecting about 130 guests, as a cost saving measure, Connie suggested a 3 tier cake that would serve 100 people, with a sheet cake that would be cut to serve the other 30 guests, and this worked out perfectly.

The cake was not only gorgeous, but it was delicious as well!! We served lemon cake with raspberry filling for one layer and then butter cake with chocolate mousse filling for the other. The layer that we kept is almond with buttercream filling (I LOVE buttercream). Our cake design featured scroll work that Connie was able to match to the color of my bridesmaid's dresses (I sent her a swatch about a month before the wedding). We heard many compliments from our guests about the cake, and we couldn't be happier with it!

The only drawback with using Connie was that there was some cake equipment that needed to be returned to her 5 days after the wedding - since my husband and I were on our honeymoon, I had the friend that had joined us for our tasting drop it off, so there was really no issue accomodating that part of the contract.

Overall, we would definitely recommend Connie to any Northern VA brides - her prices were EXTREMELY reasonable!!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Leah · Married on 10/07/2012

Connie made a beautiful cake for my wedding. Her prices are significantly lower than what I expected to pay for such a gorgeous cake. Her cakes are also moist and delicious, not at all like typical wedding cake! I chose chocolate cake with raspberry filling for the bottom tier, spice cake with cream cheese filling for the middle tier, and butter cake with chocolate filling for the anniversary cake. All three layers were delicious, and the cake was decorated exactly as we had discussed. Connie happily accommodated my last-minute request for extra cake boxes, since I ordered cake for 100 people and only had 60 guests. Everyone was very happy to take the leftover cake home. I would highly recommend her for anyone in NOVA or DC who is looking for a great cake.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2012

Connie did an amazing job on my wedding cake. Everyone raved that is was the BEST wedding cake they ever tasted! She created a beautiful cake and worked with my florist to add beautiful flowers. My wedding cake was a dream come true. Connie is so friendly and easy to work with! I highly recommend Connie!!!

Sent on 10/21/2012

My cake from Connie was delicious, very pretty and reasonable priced. One of the guests at the wedding literally pulled me aside as I was walking by and said OMG you need to taste your cake, it's SO good. A plus is that Connie is very sweet and pleasant!

Sent on 10/23/2012

David · Married on 09/15/2012

Connie created our wedding cake and it was delicious!!! We chose a buttercream cake with raspberry filling for our 1st and 3rd layers. Our second layer was a white and chocolate marble cake with chocolate mouse filling. I am drooling writing this review the cake was SO good! And beautiful!

My husband and I took the top of the cake to save in the freezer for a year later. However, the next day we wanted more cake! We saved 2 large pieces and put it in the freezer but ate the rest. Connie is extremely talented and her cakes taste good. If you are getting married in Northern Virginia and you want a cake that taste good and looks beautiful - Connie is your baker!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Straight to the point- I highly recommend Connie's Cake Creations. Connie constructed our wedding cake and her finished product was beautiful, unique, executed exactly as discussed & designed, and beyond incredible. The entire process from start to finish with Connie was professional and beyond our expectations, with price-points being very reasonable based on our research and other tastings for a customized cake to feed our crowd of 200+.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2012

Connie's Cake Creations did a fabulous job on our wedding cake. Not only was it designed exactly like we discussed but it also tasted fantastic! It looked great the entire night and I think she did an amazing job. She was very professional to work with and helpful with any extra requests we had. I would highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Casey J. · Married on 07/07/2012

We were referred to Connie by a friend of ours and we couldn't have been more pleased with her creation! She has several flavors to choose from and her buttercream icing is to DIE FOR! I brought pictures with me of what I was looking for and we came up with a design in no time. She is very easy to work with and so sweet. Our guest's still rave about the cake till this day. You can't go wrong with choosing Connie's Cake Creations!

Sent on 09/19/2012