Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

194 | Herndon, VA

194 Reviews for Connie's Cake Creations

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2016

The cake that we received from Connie was more beautiful and delicious than I could have ever hoped! We went to her home to do a cake tasting- and we were able to choose a different flavor/filling combo for each tier. She was also able to show us tons of different wedding cake designs and helped us pick the best one for what we we're going for. On the day of our wedding, we were amazed at how delicious the cake was. We we're sorry we didn't get to try all three flavors on our wedding night, but heard wonderful things from all our guests. The price of Connie's Cakes is much lower than her competitors and to be honest the taste of her cake is in a whole other level! A well known bakery in Reston Town Center that costs twice as much as her does not even come close to comparing the quality of Connie's Cake. We HIGHLY recommend her! She also had a beautiful silver cake stand we were able to rent for a great price which was perfect.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2016

Connie did such a great job on our wedding cake! We met with her and she had us sample all of her flavors and different fillings. All were delicious but we had a favorite three- and we were thrilled when she told us that she could do a different flavor for each layer of the cake! The cake was absolutely beautiful AND delicious! I was recommended to her by two other brides and I highly recommend her to any other couples getting married in Northern Virginia!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Aimee · Married on 06/25/2016

Connie is FABULOUS, and her cakes are amazing! My husband and I did a three tiered cake. The bottom layer was an almond butter cake with a raspberry filling, the middle layer was a marble cake with a chocolate mousse filling, and the top layer was a spice cake with raspberry filling. Our only "regret" the night of the wedding is not having eaten more cake! Connie's cakes are moist, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth good! Absolutely recommend her if you're a buttercream icing fan - she can't be beat!

Sent on 07/20/2016

David A. · Married on 06/04/2016

Connie is absolutely fantastic to work with! Her cake that she created for our wedding was not only stunning, but incredibly delicious! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a cake for any event.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Connie did an excellent job on our wedding cake a few weeks ago. Our guests were commenting on how great it tasted, and we were extremely happy with it. I highly recommend her almond cake with raspberry filling, it was fantastic! I also was so happy with the way the cake looked. The details on the cake were exactly what we had requested, and Connie was able to decorate the cake with some cut flowers we had provided. She made it look better than I could have ever imagined. We received so many compliments on the cake, and I highly recommend using Connie for your wedding cake needs!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Karri · Married on 04/30/2016

Connie made us a gorgeous cake for our wedding - delicious too! (Though I only had the one bite, but everyone raved about it. One guest said she even ate two pieces!) The cake looked exactly like we wanted and everything went smoothly with the delivery. She was fun to work with at the tasting, which she does out of her house. We brought my now husband's two young sons and she was so sweet with them. Due to the lower overhead, I found her cakes to be much more affordable than other places I researched, but just as delicious and pretty. We're looking forward to the anniversary cake!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Connie did our cake for our April 2016 wedding, and we could not have been happier with our choice!!! She did the tasting in her home, which we really enjoyed. We went with the lemon cake with raspberry filling for the main cake, and the chocolate cake for the grooms cake, and both were delicious!!! She made every detail perfect for us on both of the cakes and we LOVED the designs. We highly recommend Connie as a cake vendor!!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Alyssa · Married on 04/23/2016

Connie was so sweet and easy to work with! I had a very specific look for the cake I was going for and she created exactly what I was looking for. I'm not personally a huge cake person but I LOVED her cake & all our guests said the same thing. She's very talented and her experience showed- I would recommend Connie to anyone looking!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Erin · Married on 03/05/2016

Connie invited us into her home for our tasting and had a great setup with all the different options to choose from. She definitely made it hard to choose since everything tasted so good. She worked with us on our cake topper since it was a little bigger than normal. Our wedding cake was a beautiful, elegant, and delicious 3-tiered cake. The first and third tier were almond cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing. The middle tier was a spice cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing. We received so many compliments on our cake, with many people saying it was the most delicious cake they have ever had. We were sad we only had a tiny piece at the wedding, so we emailed Connie while we were on our honeymoon to see if she could make a small cake for us to pick up for just the 2 of us to enjoy when we got home. She had it ready and waiting for us, and we devoured it in a couple of days. We may need to have an anniversary tradition of getting a small cake from Connie every year.

Sent on 03/27/2016

I've never been to a wedding where I left saying "wow, that cake was amazing". Turns out, one of the first questions out of my guest's mouths since the wedding has been, "Who made your cake???? It was incredible!"

Connie was awesome. She made us feel at home during the tasting and she was very straight forward with us about pricing, number of slices, etc., so we felt very comfortable about the financial end of the process.

It was hard to pick which flavors we wanted because everything was so delicious. If you want a beautiful wedding cake (inside and out) go to Connie! Your cake will not go to waste!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Kristin · Married on 11/21/2015

It was an absolute delight working with Connie! She was very professional, and her work was very neat, clean, and she gave us the exact look we were looking for. Overall, I am truly ecstatic how the cake turned out, and the guests (and more importantly me and my husband) were blown away by how delicious the cake was!!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Connie was an absolute pleasure to work with. She spent considerable time with us at the tasting and answered all of our questions. The cake was not only beautiful but absolutely delicious. Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Heather · Married on 09/26/2015

Connie's cakes are amazing! We did a tasting in her kitchen and her cake is really light and airy which we absolutely loved. Her buttercream is light and not too sweet like some buttercreams can be. I showed Connie a picture of exactly how I wanted my cake to look and she delivered just that. We decided to freeze our top tier and I'm really looking forward to tasting it on our anniversary!

Sent on 12/16/2015

She was great!! The tasting was in her kitchen, making is so relaxed and comfortable. The cake was amazing! Our wedding cake was even better than I could have imagined. It wasn't only super yummy, but it was beautiful! We had so many compliments from our guests and from the venue on how great our cake looked...thanks Connie :)

Sent on 11/14/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/05/2015

Connie was great to work with and her cakes were delicious! She's flexible and offers helpful tips with everything from the topper to the ribbon color. The tasting was right in her house in Northern Virginia. I would definitely recommend Connie's cakes to any brides in Northern Virginia!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Amy · Married on 08/22/2015

BEST CAKE EVER! My husband and I are already trying to think up events that we could justify ordering another cake for, just so we can have more of this delicious cake! Our favorite was lemon cake with raspberry filling, but everything Connie makes is amazing. We ate ALL the leftovers, stretching them out as long as possible and can’t wait until our one-year anniversary when we can get into the top layer!

The cake was also gorgeous! I came to Connie with a look in mind that she said she had not done before, but she executed it perfectly! The tasting was so much fun – she patiently lets you figure out what you want and was realistic with me about what can be done with buttercream. Her specialty is working with buttercream and for good reason; she finds an amazing balance of making a cake beautiful and delicious. Definitely go to Connie for your wedding cake!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Margaret · Married on 08/09/2015

Yes, yes, and YES would be my response if you asked me if you should use Connie for your wedding cake. She did a FANTASTIC job! From the first emails, she was entirely professional and friendly and warm. We met with her at her home, where she runs her business, to try different cakes and icings. First of all, they were all crazy delicious, and second of all, she even gave my chocolate-mousse-loving husband an actual cup of the mousse because he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved it. Above and beyond! The way she sketched the cake was super helpful since I'm a visual person, and wow - her prices were SO reasonable for what she provided us. We even changed a few things (added flowers, which she coordinated with our florist) a few weeks before the wedding and it was no problem at all. Our cake was stunningly beautiful and was everything we wanted. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect cake for what I had in mind. And it was DELICIOUS! Our guests loved it! I can't say enough great things about our experience working with Connie.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Connie was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding. The cake was absolutely stunning and tasted delicious. The detail on the cake was gorgeous. For the tasting she makes you feel so comfortable and her prices were very fair. She was very flexible when our guest count changed as well. I would highly recommend going to Connie for your cake!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Caroline · Married on 06/21/2015

Connie is great to work with and the cake was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Allison · Married on 06/20/2015

I'm not normally much of a cake person and was expecting to have trouble finding one that I really liked, but Connie's cakes are so delicious that I had trouble picking between all of the flavors! We ended up with three tiers, each with a different cake flavor and filling. Connie was extremely patient and helpful during the whole tasting and design process, and it was easy to see how much she love she puts into every cake. Most importantly, the cake turned out both gorgeous and delicious!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/31/2015

I highly recommend Connie. She was a pleasure to work with. But most of all her cakes are delicious and beautiful. I picked out a photo from her website and said this is exactly what I want and that is exactly what I got.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Connie's cakes are unbelievable. They are beautiful, delicious, and affordable! We only went to one cake tasting, and we were sold. We planned our wedding from several states away, and our cake was the smoothest part of our entire planning process. We had so many compliments on how nice our cake looked and how wonderful it tastes! We will be ordering our anniversary cakes from her! Love!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Our wedding cake was both gorgeous and delicious! Connie was delightful to work with and reasonably priced. Her tasting included a wide variety of cake and filling flavors so you could tailor to exactly what you wanted. she also worked well with my florist to incorporate real flowers. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Hands down the best part of my wedding. Her cakes are amazing. She's very talented and they're beautiful cakes. Our guests raved about how delicious the cake was and even requested seconds.
    We will be requesting our future cakes for any occasion from Connie!! Loved her!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Christine · Married on 05/03/2015

Connie is a one woman show who works out of her home. She is so kind and friendly and makes DELICIOUS cake. She does tastings at her home at her kitchen table which I liked. It was more like going to a friends house for a visit than making a business deal. We ordered a 3 tier cake and each cake was a different flavor - this did not cost extra. Connie will even make a single layer with multiple flavors for no extra charge. I booked pretty much everything for my wedding late, and Connie was able to squeeze us in without issue. Her cakes are reasonably priced and very beautiful. I cried when I saw our gorgeous cake. It looked EXACTLY how I had imagined it. I can't wait to eat our anniversary tier. I highly recommend Connie if you need a special occasion cake.

Sent on 01/10/2016