Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

184 Reviews for Connie's Cake Creations

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

184 Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

Kallie · Getting married on 11/10/2018

Delicious! That is the best word to describe Connie's Cakes.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. I contacted Connie after a few recommendations from other wedding vendors. Our tasting was wonderful. We tried a sample of all her cakes with the buttercream frosting. If that wasn't enough, we also got to add fillings to each of them...yummy!

I told Connie about my "dream" cake and she really made it come true. White buttercream icing, with white chocolate flakes around each layer. It was so classic and beautiful.

Not only did my cake look great, it was also delicious. We had three flavors. The bottom was lemon cake with raspberry filling, the middle was white cake with chocolate and the top was butter cake with strawberry.

Now I have to admit that my only taste at the wedding was during our cake cutting ceremony, but lucky me I have my entire top layer at home to enjoy! I think some of the best compliments I recieved from people were that normally they don't like cake, but that my cake was one of the most tasty desserts they have ever tried.

Connie really did an amazing job! I think that there are a lot of people out there who can make a cake look beautiful, but Connie combines her design talent with amazing flavor and creates the perfect wedding cake.

Tram · Married on 07/21/2018

Connie was absolutely wonderful! She took what I envisioned and turned it into reality. Everyone complimented us on not only how beautiful our cake looked but also on how awesome it tasted! My only regret was that there wasn’t enough left for us to take home for ourselves at the end of the night!

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Connie was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was creative and allowed us to fully realize our vision for our cake. It was delicious - and we got a ton of compliments! I would highly recommend her!

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

Working with Connie was a dream! The tasting was so fun and she did a great job helping us decide on flavors. I ended up going with a four tiered cake serving 200 guests. The top tier was the anniversary cake and the bottom three tiers served 200 guests. All 4 tiers had buttercream frosting outside with a striped looking knife design (see pictures). The anniversary cake was half chocolate cake with caramel filling with sea salt, half white cake with regular buttercream filling. The 9" tier was chocolate cake with raspberry filling. The 12" tier was lemon cake with strawberry filling and the bottom tier was marble cake with chocolate mousse filling. I used flowers as my caked topper and as accents on each layer. Flowers were provided by Rick's Flowers.

She provided delivery and set up and was so easy to work with - would highly recommend!

Connie's Cake Creations 1
    Connie's Cake Creations 2
    Connie's Cake Creations 3
    Connie's Cake Creations 4
    Connie's Cake Creations 5

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

The cake was delicious!! Professional and accommodating.

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Connie was easy; met with her about 6 months prior to the wedding date to sample cake flavors and discuss designs. We opted for first tier almond cake with chocolate mousse, second tier spice cake and buttercream and 3rd tier chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. We received many compliments on the design of the cake as well as the taste. Out of all my wedding vendors, Connie was the easiest to work with and we were very pleased with the results!

Connie's Cake Creations 6
    Connie's Cake Creations 7
    Connie's Cake Creations 8
    Connie's Cake Creations 9

Tiffany · Married on 10/14/2017

Beautiful cake both aesthetically and tasty! Connie was attentive and designed the cake better than we could describe it. We received so many compliments.

Katherine · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding cake was a dream come true. I had a vision for our cake that I shared with Connie at our tasting. She made that vision come to life and I can't thank her enough for that. I could not believe my eyes when I first saw our cake and I could not have loved it more. The best part about it - EVERYONE raved about how wonderful it tasted. The cake was so fresh and fluffy and the buttercream frosting and fillings were the PERFECT compliment! It is, hands down, the BEST cake I've ever had in my life (and I've had a lot of cake and have a very big sweet tooth). Not only is Connie super talented, sweet, personable, and attentive to detail, her price is RIGHT! I was expecting to spend a ton more on a wedding cake, and was pleasantly surprised to have found such a great person to work with at such an affordable price. We are already planning on asking her to make us one for the holidays! Thank you, Connie, for making my dream wedding cake! We look forward to enjoying more of your tasty treats in the future!

Connie's Cake Creations 10
    Connie's Cake Creations 11
    Connie's Cake Creations 12

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

BEST WEDDING CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD. I was unbelievably impressed. My design was simple to save money yet when I saw the cake I almost cried! I couldn't believe how beautiful she made it. However, the BEST part was the taste. I still have guests texting me and reaching out to me to tell me the cake was the best cake they have ever had. Wedding cake can easily be dry because it sits out for so long but Connie's was the exact opposite. DIVINE!!! Thank you Connie!!! Brides, trust me, this is the best you can do.

Also- she is just the sweetest. The tasting at her house was SO FUN and we loved everything we tried.

Edna · Married on 05/14/2017

Our wedding cake looked beautiful, and most important, delicious! Seriously, that was the best cake I ever had! All our guests complimented us of how stunning and yummy that was. I am so happy that I chose Connie to make our cake. I'll have to ask her to bake one more on our 1st year anniversary ... She did provided the 1 year cake, however, we could not wait that long lol and that's how good it is :) Thanks Connie!

Carly · Married on 05/06/2017

Connie was such a pleasure to work with. My family and I had a great time at the cake tasting and couldn't believe how amazing all of her cakes were. Her prices were affordable and everyone loved it! I would definitely recommend working with Connie for your next big event. :)

• W

Wendy · Married on 04/01/2017

The wedding cake that Connie made for us was exquisite- simple and elegant. Guests were amazed with her cake decorating. Connie also coordinated with our florist to add our wedding flowers to the cake which complimented it beautifully. We chose a three-tiered cake: buttercream and strawberry filling on the bottom tier, chocolate with raspberry filling for the 2nd tier, and more buttercream with strawberry filling on the top tier. It was delicious! We received many compliments from guests. We are already looking forward to our anniversary cake. I highly recommend Connie for wedding cakes.

Kristi · Married on 10/28/2016

Connie was recommended by our vendor and was fantastic to work with. I must have changed my mind on what I wanted 100 times, and every time Connie would happily make my changes and send me an email to confirm! She always wrote back right away and was always accommodating with that we wanted. She was the best price out there we could find, and after we did a tasting with her it was a no brainer! We were planning the wedding from out of town and the only time we could meet for a tasting was on Valentines Day, which was even on a weekend, and that was no problem for her! We did a very simple rustic cake design, and the cake was absolutely beautiful. She even helped coordinate with the florist to make sure the flowers and topper would be the right size for the cake. Go with Connie for your cake! You wont regret it!

Kelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

The cake Connie made for us was amazing! She made the design we requested which was simple and beautiful! The entire outside was decorated with buttercream and a few sunflowers that were added. I loved our cake! The design and flavors were a huge hit at my wedding and my guests are still taking about it, wishing they could have more. Connie is great to work with and very accommodating! Her pricing is affordable and very worth it. I highly suggest her!

Kelli · Married on 10/09/2016

Connie's cakes are not only beautiful, they are also delicious! We had a wonderful tasting with Connie in her home, and she helped us design a beautiful cake. The cake tasted even better at the wedding - if that is even possible! She was wonderful to work with, and I heard nothing but rave reviews from guests on the cake. The spice cake was the best!

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

I'm so glad Rick from Rick's Flowers referred us to Connie! We went to two other bakeries before finding Connie. Her cakes are amazing and more importantly she was so lovely to work with! We went to another bakery (in Reston Town Center) that had great cakes, but the owner was so pushy and self-centered- it was a total turn off. Connie was the total opposite- an absolute delight! She works out of her home and has been doing cakes for years (local secret). We received SO many compliments on our cake. It looked beautiful AND it was delicious. It was so good that my husband and I couldn't wait to eat the top tier. We gobbled it up the next day with our family and friends.

Nicki · Married on 09/18/2016

We were referred to Connie by our venue and also a family friend used Connie at her wedding and highly recommended. Connie was very quick in responding to my emails and The tasting was a treat and very pleasant! Her super cute dogs made the experience even better :)
    On the day of our wedding, she was there on time and assembled our beautiful cake. It tasted just as good as everyone was raving about.

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2016

The cake that we received from Connie was more beautiful and delicious than I could have ever hoped! We went to her home to do a cake tasting- and we were able to choose a different flavor/filling combo for each tier. She was also able to show us tons of different wedding cake designs and helped us pick the best one for what we we're going for. On the day of our wedding, we were amazed at how delicious the cake was. We we're sorry we didn't get to try all three flavors on our wedding night, but heard wonderful things from all our guests. The price of Connie's Cakes is much lower than her competitors and to be honest the taste of her cake is in a whole other level! A well known bakery in Reston Town Center that costs twice as much as her does not even come close to comparing the quality of Connie's Cake. We HIGHLY recommend her! She also had a beautiful silver cake stand we were able to rent for a great price which was perfect.

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2016

Connie did such a great job on our wedding cake! We met with her and she had us sample all of her flavors and different fillings. All were delicious but we had a favorite three- and we were thrilled when she told us that she could do a different flavor for each layer of the cake! The cake was absolutely beautiful AND delicious! I was recommended to her by two other brides and I highly recommend her to any other couples getting married in Northern Virginia!

Aimee · Married on 06/25/2016

Connie is FABULOUS, and her cakes are amazing! My husband and I did a three tiered cake. The bottom layer was an almond butter cake with a raspberry filling, the middle layer was a marble cake with a chocolate mousse filling, and the top layer was a spice cake with raspberry filling. Our only "regret" the night of the wedding is not having eaten more cake! Connie's cakes are moist, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth good! Absolutely recommend her if you're a buttercream icing fan - she can't be beat!

David and Kristen · Married on 06/04/2016

Connie is absolutely fantastic to work with! Her cake that she created for our wedding was not only stunning, but incredibly delicious! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a cake for any event.

Connie did an excellent job on our wedding cake a few weeks ago. Our guests were commenting on how great it tasted, and we were extremely happy with it. I highly recommend her almond cake with raspberry filling, it was fantastic! I also was so happy with the way the cake looked. The details on the cake were exactly what we had requested, and Connie was able to decorate the cake with some cut flowers we had provided. She made it look better than I could have ever imagined. We received so many compliments on the cake, and I highly recommend using Connie for your wedding cake needs!

Karri · Married on 04/30/2016

Connie made us a gorgeous cake for our wedding - delicious too! (Though I only had the one bite, but everyone raved about it. One guest said she even ate two pieces!) The cake looked exactly like we wanted and everything went smoothly with the delivery. She was fun to work with at the tasting, which she does out of her house. We brought my now husband's two young sons and she was so sweet with them. Due to the lower overhead, I found her cakes to be much more affordable than other places I researched, but just as delicious and pretty. We're looking forward to the anniversary cake!

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Connie did our cake for our April 2016 wedding, and we could not have been happier with our choice!!! She did the tasting in her home, which we really enjoyed. We went with the lemon cake with raspberry filling for the main cake, and the chocolate cake for the grooms cake, and both were delicious!!! She made every detail perfect for us on both of the cakes and we LOVED the designs. We highly recommend Connie as a cake vendor!!!

alyssa · Married on 04/23/2016

Connie was so sweet and easy to work with! I had a very specific look for the cake I was going for and she created exactly what I was looking for. I'm not personally a huge cake person but I LOVED her cake & all our guests said the same thing. She's very talented and her experience showed- I would recommend Connie to anyone looking!