Connie's Cake Creations Reviews

Connie's Cake Creations 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/06/2019

Tasty and Beautiful

We loved working with Connie. She really helped us figure out what we wanted our cake to look like, and it turned out great. We picked out two different types of cake to do, and everyone at the wedding loved it. One friend even remarked that she usually hates wedding cake, but she loved ours.

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Connie's Cake Creations 8

Leslie · Married on 05/05/2019

Picture perfect

We hired Connie to do our cake for our wedding and were beyond thrilled with what she delivered. The cake was picture perfect and absolutely delicious. Our guests had nothing but good things to say and weeks later we still receive compliments and inquiries about it. In retrospect, our cake experience was the least stressful component of our wedding planning. Connie was very accommodating and flexible with our schedule. Communications were always clear and replies were prompt. Our tasting was a delightful experience. I really appreciated that when we asked, Connie provided guidance with some of our decisions. Sometimes "whatever you want" is not the answer you're looking for - that was refreshing. The day of the wedding, Connie arrived early to set up and arranged the flowers we provided. We were stunned when we first saw the cake. Her flower arrangement (on the cake) was spot-on, better than the pictures we provided. Connie is a true professional and I would highly recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Connie's Cake Creations 9
    Connie's Cake Creations 10

Margaret · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic and truly professional woman-owned business

Connie's cake for my April 2019 cherry blossom-themed wedding was not only the most beautiful wedding cake I've ever seen, but also the most delicious. She is extremely professional, organized, and was quickly responsive to any questions I had. I was thrilled to support a local woman-owned business and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding or special occasion cake.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Kallie · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious! That is the best word to describe Connie's Cakes.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. I contacted Connie after a few recommendations from other wedding vendors. Our tasting was wonderful. We tried a sample of all her cakes with the buttercream frosting. If that wasn't enough, we also got to add fillings to each of them...yummy!

I told Connie about my "dream" cake and she really made it come true. White buttercream icing, with white chocolate flakes around each layer. It was so classic and beautiful.

Not only did my cake look great, it was also delicious. We had three flavors. The bottom was lemon cake with raspberry filling, the middle was white cake with chocolate and the top was butter cake with strawberry.

Now I have to admit that my only taste at the wedding was during our cake cutting ceremony, but lucky me I have my entire top layer at home to enjoy! I think some of the best compliments I recieved from people were that normally they don't like cake, but that my cake was one of the most tasty desserts they have ever tried.

Connie really did an amazing job! I think that there are a lot of people out there who can make a cake look beautiful, but Connie combines her design talent with amazing flavor and creates the perfect wedding cake.

Sent on 06/04/2010
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2018

Delicious buttercream vision

We had a fantastic time working with Connie on creating the cake of our dreams! Connie was recommended by our venue, and we are so glad we went with her - from cake tasting through cake delivery, she was extremely professional, understanding, and pleasant to work with. We were able to choose three different flavors for our three tiers - each delicious - and her buttercream frosting is the stuff of dreams, in just the right amount! She also worked closely with me on a unique design and my vision of having ribbon bunting, providing helpful input on how best to work with ribbon on cake - we she artistically brought to life when the cake was delivered. We loved working with her!

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Connie's Cake Creations 11

Krystal B · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Cake Baker!

I highly recommend Connie's Cake Creations if you are looking for an amazing cake baker for your wedding cake! The cake was beyond beautiful and she did exactly what I wanted. I described the type of cake that I wanted and she was able to create that exact cake. The cake tasted AMAZING! Multiple guests came up to me and said that it was the best wedding cake that they had ever tried!

Connie was very easy to work with and very responsive to email. I am so glad that I hired her and highly recommend her services for any other brides looking for a phenomenal cake baker for their wedding cake!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Arielle

Arielle · Married on 09/08/2018

A Wonderful Cake Artist

Our experience with Connie was wonderful. She was very responsive, flexible, and extremely professional. Our tasting session was great. She walked us through the many flavors and combinations available (we had nut and coconut allergy considerations for our guests). She also demonstrated by hand a variety of frosting decoration options (something we didn't experience at other tastings). We had a lot of fun at the tasting and Connie's professionalism sealed the deal for us. We felt extremely comfortable in trusting her for our big day. On the day of the wedding we received so many compliments on how delicious the cake was; we couldn't have been happier. (Photos: Rudy Conrad Photography)

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Connie's Cake Creations 12
    Connie's Cake Creations 13

Tram · Married on 07/21/2018

Connie was absolutely wonderful! She took what I envisioned and turned it into reality. Everyone complimented us on not only how beautiful our cake looked but also on how awesome it tasted! My only regret was that there wasn’t enough left for us to take home for ourselves at the end of the night!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Connie was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was creative and allowed us to fully realize our vision for our cake. It was delicious - and we got a ton of compliments! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

Working with Connie was a dream! The tasting was so fun and she did a great job helping us decide on flavors. I ended up going with a four tiered cake serving 200 guests. The top tier was the anniversary cake and the bottom three tiers served 200 guests. All 4 tiers had buttercream frosting outside with a striped looking knife design (see pictures). The anniversary cake was half chocolate cake with caramel filling with sea salt, half white cake with regular buttercream filling. The 9" tier was chocolate cake with raspberry filling. The 12" tier was lemon cake with strawberry filling and the bottom tier was marble cake with chocolate mousse filling. I used flowers as my caked topper and as accents on each layer. Flowers were provided by Rick's Flowers.

She provided delivery and set up and was so easy to work with - would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/18/2018
    Connie's Cake Creations 18
  • heather

heather · Married on 11/18/2017

THE most amazing cake(s)

I contacted Connie 9 years after my oldest sister had used her for her own wedding. BEST DECISION EVER. I had the hardest time choosing two flavors (we requested two) because they were all SO amazing. We went with the almond cake and a butter cake. Let me tell you, we had SO many people come up to me and comment about how good the cake was! The almond was a HIT! We saved our top piece and ate it on our anniversary. It was JUST as delicious as our wedding night! If Connie made birthday cakes I would hire her for that too. Seriously, my husband and I daydream about how delicious the cake was!! She was super nice and an amazing baker!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Connie's Cake Creations 19

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

The cake was delicious!! Professional and accommodating.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Connie was easy; met with her about 6 months prior to the wedding date to sample cake flavors and discuss designs. We opted for first tier almond cake with chocolate mousse, second tier spice cake and buttercream and 3rd tier chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. We received many compliments on the design of the cake as well as the taste. Out of all my wedding vendors, Connie was the easiest to work with and we were very pleased with the results!

Sent on 02/09/2018
    Connie's Cake Creations 20
    Connie's Cake Creations 21
    Connie's Cake Creations 22
    Connie's Cake Creations 23

Tiffany · Married on 10/14/2017

Beautiful cake both aesthetically and tasty! Connie was attentive and designed the cake better than we could describe it. We received so many compliments.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Katherine · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding cake was a dream come true. I had a vision for our cake that I shared with Connie at our tasting. She made that vision come to life and I can't thank her enough for that. I could not believe my eyes when I first saw our cake and I could not have loved it more. The best part about it - EVERYONE raved about how wonderful it tasted. The cake was so fresh and fluffy and the buttercream frosting and fillings were the PERFECT compliment! It is, hands down, the BEST cake I've ever had in my life (and I've had a lot of cake and have a very big sweet tooth). Not only is Connie super talented, sweet, personable, and attentive to detail, her price is RIGHT! I was expecting to spend a ton more on a wedding cake, and was pleasantly surprised to have found such a great person to work with at such an affordable price. We are already planning on asking her to make us one for the holidays! Thank you, Connie, for making my dream wedding cake! We look forward to enjoying more of your tasty treats in the future!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Connie's Cake Creations 24
    Connie's Cake Creations 25
    Connie's Cake Creations 26

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

BEST WEDDING CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD. I was unbelievably impressed. My design was simple to save money yet when I saw the cake I almost cried! I couldn't believe how beautiful she made it. However, the BEST part was the taste. I still have guests texting me and reaching out to me to tell me the cake was the best cake they have ever had. Wedding cake can easily be dry because it sits out for so long but Connie's was the exact opposite. DIVINE!!! Thank you Connie!!! Brides, trust me, this is the best you can do.

Also- she is just the sweetest. The tasting at her house was SO FUN and we loved everything we tried.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Edna · Married on 05/14/2017

Our wedding cake looked beautiful, and most important, delicious! Seriously, that was the best cake I ever had! All our guests complimented us of how stunning and yummy that was. I am so happy that I chose Connie to make our cake. I'll have to ask her to bake one more on our 1st year anniversary ... She did provided the 1 year cake, however, we could not wait that long lol and that's how good it is :) Thanks Connie!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Carly · Married on 05/06/2017

Connie was such a pleasure to work with. My family and I had a great time at the cake tasting and couldn't believe how amazing all of her cakes were. Her prices were affordable and everyone loved it! I would definitely recommend working with Connie for your next big event. :)

Sent on 06/09/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/01/2017

The wedding cake that Connie made for us was exquisite- simple and elegant. Guests were amazed with her cake decorating. Connie also coordinated with our florist to add our wedding flowers to the cake which complimented it beautifully. We chose a three-tiered cake: buttercream and strawberry filling on the bottom tier, chocolate with raspberry filling for the 2nd tier, and more buttercream with strawberry filling on the top tier. It was delicious! We received many compliments from guests. We are already looking forward to our anniversary cake. I highly recommend Connie for wedding cakes.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Kristi · Married on 10/28/2016

Connie was recommended by our vendor and was fantastic to work with. I must have changed my mind on what I wanted 100 times, and every time Connie would happily make my changes and send me an email to confirm! She always wrote back right away and was always accommodating with that we wanted. She was the best price out there we could find, and after we did a tasting with her it was a no brainer! We were planning the wedding from out of town and the only time we could meet for a tasting was on Valentines Day, which was even on a weekend, and that was no problem for her! We did a very simple rustic cake design, and the cake was absolutely beautiful. She even helped coordinate with the florist to make sure the flowers and topper would be the right size for the cake. Go with Connie for your cake! You wont regret it!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Kelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

The cake Connie made for us was amazing! She made the design we requested which was simple and beautiful! The entire outside was decorated with buttercream and a few sunflowers that were added. I loved our cake! The design and flavors were a huge hit at my wedding and my guests are still taking about it, wishing they could have more. Connie is great to work with and very accommodating! Her pricing is affordable and very worth it. I highly suggest her!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/09/2016

Connie's cakes are not only beautiful, they are also delicious! We had a wonderful tasting with Connie in her home, and she helped us design a beautiful cake. The cake tasted even better at the wedding - if that is even possible! She was wonderful to work with, and I heard nothing but rave reviews from guests on the cake. The spice cake was the best!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

I'm so glad Rick from Rick's Flowers referred us to Connie! We went to two other bakeries before finding Connie. Her cakes are amazing and more importantly she was so lovely to work with! We went to another bakery (in Reston Town Center) that had great cakes, but the owner was so pushy and self-centered- it was a total turn off. Connie was the total opposite- an absolute delight! She works out of her home and has been doing cakes for years (local secret). We received SO many compliments on our cake. It looked beautiful AND it was delicious. It was so good that my husband and I couldn't wait to eat the top tier. We gobbled it up the next day with our family and friends.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Nicki · Married on 09/18/2016

We were referred to Connie by our venue and also a family friend used Connie at her wedding and highly recommended. Connie was very quick in responding to my emails and The tasting was a treat and very pleasant! Her super cute dogs made the experience even better :)
    On the day of our wedding, she was there on time and assembled our beautiful cake. It tasted just as good as everyone was raving about.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2016

The cake that we received from Connie was more beautiful and delicious than I could have ever hoped! We went to her home to do a cake tasting- and we were able to choose a different flavor/filling combo for each tier. She was also able to show us tons of different wedding cake designs and helped us pick the best one for what we we're going for. On the day of our wedding, we were amazed at how delicious the cake was. We we're sorry we didn't get to try all three flavors on our wedding night, but heard wonderful things from all our guests. The price of Connie's Cakes is much lower than her competitors and to be honest the taste of her cake is in a whole other level! A well known bakery in Reston Town Center that costs twice as much as her does not even come close to comparing the quality of Connie's Cake. We HIGHLY recommend her! She also had a beautiful silver cake stand we were able to rent for a great price which was perfect.

Sent on 09/28/2016