Columbus Traveling Beauty Team Reviews

44 | Columbus, OH

44 Reviews for Columbus Traveling Beauty Team

I cannot say enough about Chris and her staff. I was so excited when I found a salon that would travel to guests and I'm glad I scooped her up when I did!! At the trial, she did 6, I repeat 6 different hairstyles to choose from and did not even mind! For the makeup trial (I worked with Stacie), she took care of every little detail; I was so impressed!! My bridesmaids and I had SO much fun while they were there. They worked so well catering to everyone's needs (which I may say, the day of, everyone always wants something they said they didn't want..). My hair was everything I could have dreamt of. It was PERFECT. My makeup was STUNNING. It didn't run, wash off, etc. through the tears, sweat and dancing.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

We are so happy that everything was to your expectations. You all were such a fun party to be around. Thank you for allowing us to be part of it!

Christine was AWESOME!!! She was so easy to work with and was always very accommodative to my requests. She did an amazing job with my hair for both my wedding and reception. Thanks Christine! I would recommend her without any hesitation.

Sent on 12/31/2012

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I (Christine) had so much fun helping you and family out on your big day!

emily · Married on 08/04/2012

Christine was a true blessing! Her prices are so great, i wondered if she has ever done hair before! She proved that she is a pro. Christine listened during the trial and tried 5 different styles to find the perfect style. (Each one could have been lovely by the way.) ***what made Christine amazing was her willingness to be wherever i was the day of the wedding. She and her crew came to a state park where everyone was staying, did our hair, then followed us to the ceremony which was 45 minutes away. She waited patiently to finalize everything like my veil and finishing touches and was willing to help out in any way. (she even fixed my fake eyelash, which is not her job!) I wish i had another reason to use Christine soon...she will be the first one i call when i do!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity to let us be part of your big day! We enjoyed every part of it!
  • User2448484 · event on: 05/05/2012

I love her so much! She is so easy to talk to and does a wonderful job, every single time! And if it's not something you like, she'll fix it right then and there. No questions, no hard feelings. She NEVER overcharges, she is the best price around. Hands down! I've never been anywhere cheaper! Also, if your color if off or you don't like the length of your cut, she tell you to come in and fix it at no charge! She an amazing hair dresser and a wonderful human being in general. Everyone should go to her!!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Meg · Married on 03/17/2012

Chris was great to work with. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, so she gave me some great ideas and spent a lot of time trying different styles on me. She was always in a good mood and ready to get to work when I showed up. She is very friendly and pleasant to work with! xoxo

Sent on 05/08/2012

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

We really enjoyed being part of your wedding! Everyone was so much fun! Thanks, again!

Laura · Married on 09/10/2011

Christine was my hair stylist on the day of my wedding. She was so amazing! She is extremely talented. The bridesmaids and I had so much fun while getting our hair done. Christine is enthusiast and a pleasure to be around. The reason she was such an amazing stylist is because she is passionate about what she does. Christine was also very flexible with a total of 9 people getting their hair styled that day! I highly recommend her to anyone that needs a wedding day (or any other occasions) hair specialist!

Sent on 09/25/2011

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you so much Laura! You and your wedding party was such a blast to be around! I hope that the rest of the wedding was as much fun as getting ready for it!

Heather · Married on 09/04/2011

Styles by Chris did an amazing job for my wedding. They were on time, quick to get set up, and had 7 of us ready before schedule! Everyone's hair looked great, and they really listened to what each of us wanted! Very professional and I would book them again!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/03/2011

When I first met Chris, we hit it off right away. She is very personable, friendly and easy to talk to. Before she even cut my hair, I asked her if she was available on Sept. 3 for my wedding. Her personality alone was enough for me to book her. Then when I saw her work, I was even more impressed. She is very talented when it comes to wedding hair styles. I didn't really know what I wanted, so I let Chris show me a few things. She had great suggestions as to what would look good, how to style it, etc. I had no doubt in my mind, I would be beautiful on my wedding day. She also did an excellent job on my bridemaids and mothers. They were all very pleased with her work. We received several compliments during our wedding on how pretty everyone looked! Thanks Chris for making my special day beautiful!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Melissa · Married on 03/21/2013

Christine was awesome to work with from the day she put in my hair extensions to the follow up service . It was an incredible experience. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would!!!!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Crystal and Nicole were fabulous. Got many compliments on my hair/make-up. They made the most important day of my life even better. New hubby was awed by the great job they did.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you for reviewing us! Crystal and Nicole really appreciate you letting them be part of your fun wedding day! Congrats, once again!

Christine was great to work with for my wedding. She made everything go smoothly during the planning process, and my hair looked great on my big day. She was also very nice and made me and my bridesmaids feel at ease. Everyone was pleased with the results! I would highly recommend Christine.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you for letting us be part of your big day! Glad you were pleased with the results of your wedding!

Meghan · Married on 08/12/2014

Chris has been doing my hair extensions for about 1 year and made sure to give me the absolute best service I could find. She gave me the exact look I was wanting as well as making sure to keep my hair healthy. She was able to give me the most hair I've ever had with extensions and that made my wedding day hair styling incredible (as well as everyday hair styling)! Thanks Chris!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Katie · Married on 10/26/2013

I had hair and makeup done for myself and all my bridesmaids. Michelle and her team did a fantastic job, and made every effort to meet my timeline. Every hair style was unique and suited to the person who was being styled, and the makeup looked fantastic both in photos and in person. The group also made the experience fun. Be sure to discuss the schedule of the day and think about what time you want your photos or need to be ready early on, and they will make it happen!

Sent on 11/30/2013
  • User3419203 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was on a sunday morning and there was no trouble with hair being done on time.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Nadia · Married on 11/24/2012

Amber was great! She heard my wishes, likes and dislikes and utilized that so that on my wedding day I looked like i wanted to! In addition, she was not in a hurry, she took her time and that definitely made me stress free on my special day.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing us! We are so glad Amber was able to help you out last minute, due to your previous situation.

Michelle · Married on 09/07/2013

I LOVED my wedding hair! Christine did a great job.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Alexa · Married on 06/18/2016

4.2

I booked Columbus Traveling Beauty Team for my bridesmaids who wanted their hair and makeup done as well as my makeup. THEY WERE AMAZING, the team was nice and pleasant to be with on my wedding day. All the girls who got their hair and makeup done last over 12 hours and still looked fresh. I was so impressed and definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Emily · Married on 10/31/2015

2.8
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0

I wanted to revise my review of the CTMT, after I received my photos back and realized I just hated my look. I don't even like the using the photos. The worst part about my makeup is that I was told not to spray tan my face, so it could be matched with foundation. That did not happen, my face was WAY lighter than my body. I honestly could've done a better job with my makeup. I wish I could post a photo for everyone. Looking back at my photos I am not happy. It's certainly not the photographers fault because my makeup looks the same in every photo, even in black and white photos you can tell the color is the wrong shade of foundation. The hair was somewhat frizzy and a piece fell out during the ceremony, which showed in my photos.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

2.4
      2.5
      3.5
      1.0
      3.0
      2.5

For my July 23 wedding I used the In salon services for hair and make up for my bridal party. Not a very good experience overall. Our hair was beautiful but the makeup was terrible. I don't recommend using their services with the makeup artist that we had unfortunately I don't remember her name. I asked for a bold glamorous look but ended up with something that was pretty boring. My mother-in-law did not like the way she looked but even though she was unsatisfied they didn't do anything about it. She washed everything off and re-did her own hair and makeup after we left. You will be better off doing your own.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Columbus Traveling Beauty Team's reply:

Amanda, we are so.... sorry to hear you were disappointed with your makeup. We feel bad there was a miscommunication about the type of makeup you desired for your wedding day, and we had no idea you were disappointed until 4 1/2 months after your wedding. We understand that you didn't feel the need, or have the time for a trial, which allows the artist to understand your wants and desires for your wedding day beauty before the actual day of which relieves any stress on both you and the artists involved. However, we always are willing to change things on the day of if we are told you aren't happy with the results. I am not sure if pictures were involved when communicating the look you all wanted, but they do help a lot. The artist that did your makeup actually is know for doing a bolder look, when a client asks for it. All of our artists are licensed and trained to help anyone with all different skin types, coloring and different looks, whether it is totally natural to extremely bold/ dramatic.