Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment Reviews

155 Reviews for Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment 1
Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment 2

Amy · Married on 08/08/2008

Columbus Pro DJs were awesome!!!!! We booked them at the last minute and were a little concerned not not knowing much about them. They exceeded our expectations! Our DJ, Chris, was perfect. Prior to the wedding we filled out a form that asked specific questions: what type of music, certain songs we wanted, to what level we wanted the DJ to interact etc. He hit everything just perfect. In fact our guest did not want him to leave!

Sent on 08/30/2008

mmm · Married on 09/01/2017

Great DJ, we enjoyed having him at our wedding!
    He provided all the non-English songs that we requested and every other English song that we asked for, although there were few technical issues but that didn't stop him from making us dance.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jordan · Married on 06/01/2013

Our June 1st wedding reception turned out great in large part to Kinsey from Columbus Pro Djs. He was really able to build the momentum of the music to the point where when the reception was over and we had to leave people were booing because they did not want to leave the dancefloor. They were also able to find a live version of a song that we requested for the mother son dance that would play over the speakers. The overall experience was great.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Mallory · Married on 10/19/2012

Our dj was Jermaine and he was great! I had a few strange requests and he tried to accommodate all of them. I also had so many guests come up to me and say how good he was with the music selections. They also did a monogram for the wall and made the up lighting beautiful!

Sent on 10/23/2012

David · Married on 10/24/2009

Everything was great! He kept everything moving and he was always making sure we were ready to move on. He will do all the work to make sure you have a great day

Sent on 11/20/2009

Karrah Toth · Married on 06/08/2019

Love getting to choose your dj

We loved our dj, Angie. She did a great job announcing and choosing songs.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the review Karrah. So glad your loved DJ Angie. Can you believe you have been married for 8 months already!

Maggie · Married on 03/14/2015

Chris M. was a fantastic DJ and a great choice for our wedding! He was fun, accommodating, and great with both us and our guests. We would greatly recommend him for anyone looking for a consummate professional who is laid back and professional.

Sent on 03/18/2015
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 03/03/2012

Columbus Pro DJs was amazing and helped to make the night amazing! We never met before the wedding but you wouldnt have known it. He engaged us and the crowd like we were related!!

Sent on 03/15/2012

T · Married on 09/24/2011

3.0

Very professional and experienced DJ company. Our DJ was Mike. We ended up supplying our own playlists (so can't comment on actual song choices), but DJ was very professional and MC'd activities and announcements throughout the night very well. Planning and event details were handled ahead of time very efficiently by Joe -- seemed experienced and professional. Not the cheapest option you can find in the area online, but competitive and did a great job. Would recommend.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the review Tim. I know there are cheaper options out there but its hard to deliver top quality at a low price. I hope you agree it was worth the extra money to get a guy like Mike as your host and emcee for such an important day. Best wishes to you both

Jeff Wang · Married on 10/05/2019

Good experience with venues

Very professional, They have experience working with our venue, which makes the work much easier.

Sent on 10/28/2019

dawn · Married on 08/05/2017

We worked with Columbus Pro DJ's for my daughter's wedding at Franklin Park Conservatory. Jermaine was our DJ and he was excellent. The dance floor was full from start to finish! Jermaine was flexible and did a good job MC-ing the event. He did the introductions and first dance and then played calm music while we ate. After the toasts and cake cutting, he played music we provided for a surprise daddy-daughter break-out dance. Later, he played Lebanese music we provided for the guests to enjoy a Dabke dance. He did a good job tracking the mood of the crowd and the dancing was non-stop. In fact, we should have added another half hour at the end because the party was still very high energy.

Columbus Pro DJ's have an online system to let then know what you want and don't want played at your event. Sometimes planning got confusing as we were talking to the company and not the DJ himself. Looking back, we should have set up the DJ on the side of the dance floor as the lighting was very bright behind the dance floor/head table area. We also lost track of time and should have done the toasts a bit earlier as we ran out of photographer/videographer time before we had good dancing photos.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Charlotte · event on: 12/14/2013

3.5

Our DJ for the evening, Ron Clark, did a superb job. Ron is calm and relaxed (which helps when you, the event organizer, are a little hyper!), and can solve any problem that comes up that involves his role. One particular obstacle that Ron overcame with aplomb was providing fanfare (ta da!) music at just the right moments as awards were preszented . . . in spite of having no visual contact with the presenters, due to a large projector screen blocking his view!! His music selections were excellent and had everyone up and dancing in no time. Columbus Pro DJs is very attentive and accommodating to its clients' needs and requests, and they do all they can to help make your event memorable. I highly recommend them. Charlotte Gillespie

Sent on 12/16/2013

Amy · Married on 05/22/2010

4.2

Great DJ's but a little on the expensive side.

Sent on 06/15/2010

Nagi · Married on 03/29/2014

4.2
      3.5

We really had a great time on my wedding. DJ Mark was very good responding to our request and the guests. Thanks Mark

Sent on 04/06/2014

3.0

Please make sure they check their cds before the wedding day. They downloaded our first dance song and our wedding party dance song onto a cd for our wedding day but apparently never checked to make sure it would work. When the time came for my husband and I's first dance as husband and wife, our song would not play. The most frightening feeling on your wedding day.... so we had to buy the song on iTunes on our phone and plug the phone into their sound system. Good news, we had our first dance to our song. Bad news, we shouldn't have had to do all the work ourselves. The mother/son song skipped, and we never did our wedding party dance. They told me that has never happened to them before and that my wedding was the first time it had ever happened. I just wish they would have done all they could to prevent it. Now I will always remember the stress and chaos surrounding our first dance.

Other than that, the dj was very professional. I wish he was more interactive during the bouquet and garder toss, but other than that I have no more complaints. Very professional, very polite. Played a good, appropriate mix of music all through the dinner and day.

Sent on 07/17/2012

3.8
      3.5

We loved talking to AJ to plan everything and he seemed very knowledgeable. We were happy to be able to rent uplighting as well. Everything seemed great up until the day of. The DJ wasn't as personable as his video on their website and it seemed like he was just obligated to be there. He never turned the music down when making announcements so no one really heard what was saying. He messed up the ceremony music and a couple announcements. For the amount of money I paid, I expected better.

Sent on 12/07/2015

3.6
      3.5

Overall, it was worth hiring our DJ. Only complaints are that they didn't arrive early (even though I asked them to in June and again the week leading up to the wedding), they continuously mis-pronounced one of my bridesmaids names (even though I told them how to say it several times, even right before he introduced her), and they were slow with the dinner buffet.

Sent on 10/16/2012

????

3.4
      3.0

The guests seemed to enjoy the music, however all of the planning on their part was last-minute and there were a few times throughout the night when guests requested music and were told they wouldn't play the songs- myself included! Overall, Columbus pro dj's is a good value, but I'm not sure I would work with them again.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Under normal circumstances, we start planning 6 weeks in advance and then get the clients involved starting at the 4 week mark. Can't really comment on your concerns specifically since you reviewed us without specific client information.

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

3.2
      2.5

The business aspect of Columbus Pro DJ's, wowed me more than the actual DJ experience.
    I recommended to the company owners that providing communication between the ACTUAL DJ and the client so that they can meet ahead of time, would be largely beneficial. I didn't even speak with our DJ until two days prior to the event and that was over the phone. This did not leave any time for the DJ to get to know us as a couple, nor us to get to know him.
    I think that had we met beforehand it would have then helped with the music selection of the event. I read that brides/grooms should not give specific play lists to the DJ's because it impairs their ability to play music based on the flow of the evening. However, I did give a suggested list and a list of about 4 songs that were must plays. I asked that the DJ stick with the suggested list and if any other songs in those genres seemed like good fits, then to play them. I think that this in the end hurt us, there were several times through out the evening where nobody was dancing because of the song selection provided by the DJ. When I asked the DJ to cut the song even though it wasn't finished, I was told he would put something else on once the song was finished! This comment to me, as the bride, greatly effected his tip.
    I felt that the DJ was good with the announcing of different events, but there was a time during dinner, where he should have noticed the lull and that people were done, eating and waiting around. At this point in time he should have started up the remaining formalities of the evening. It took my dad to say something to him, in order for the event to get going again.
    In the end I would not recommend Columbus Pro DJs. I think the size of their company with about 12-15 DJs, greatly effects their ability to connect with their clients. I would instead recommend a company that only has a few DJ's, or a free-lance DJ instead. I'm all about personal connections and I did not feel one with the company nor my DJ.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Jen, I'm sorry Mark didn't "blow you away" at your reception. Mark has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any of our DJs and was DJ of the Year for 2010. I don't recall you requesting a face-to-face meeting with him but we do make every effort to accomodates such requests when requested. Perhaps that would have helped you and helped us get the 5 Star Reviews we regularly receive.

Kathleen · Married on 09/08/2012

2.5

The equipment was great the sound was wonderful ,the company great to work with ,but I was not very impressed with the DJ.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Jennie · Married on 10/15/2011

2.0

Overall, Columbus Pro DJ's did an average job at our wedding. The actual company did a great job with lighting, set-up, etc. But our personal DJ, Mark F., ignored our concerns regarding music choices and tended to play what he thought people would dance to, rather than what we told him our guests would dance to, and the result was little dancing at our reception. We were pleased with the organization and coreography of the night, but dissapointed in music choices and volume.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2016

3.0

The DJ was great, he was very responsive when I asked him to switch the music up at my wedding, but he played virtually none of the music that was listed and sent in to the company prior to the wedding day. The other thing that I had an issue with was an individual by the name of Andy who despite my asking him and emailing him asking him to contact my husband regarding their service, he continued to reach out to me, which in my mind says that you are totally disregarding all of my requests. The DJ still did a great job.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Michelle - Your email address was the main email in our system because you were the one who made the initial contact and provided your email for information. Our planning system sends "auto-emails" to remind our clients of important planning details as the wedding date gets closer. Since your email was the one in our system, you got those emails. When you would reply and ask us to contact your finacee (husband) we would do so, and did so. You had the power to change the contact email address in your planning but didn't do so. You also could have asked us to change it for you and send all future emails to him, I don't recall that request ever being made or we would have done so.
  • User6020258 · 2+ years ago

1.5
      3.5

Overall, I was most dissatisfied with the videography services. Luckily we were able to laugh at how bad the video was, but it was really bad. There were segments of the video when the camera is looking at the floor and these segments were left in the video after taking 3 months to edit the video. There are points in the video that the camera is shaking so much, it makes me feel sick to watch it. The "editing" is simply reordering the events of the reception, which don't make sense to me. The video is just terrible. Th DJ was ok. He made some mistakes in announcing during the night and I had to tell him to stop playing certain types of music.

Sent on 12/04/2015

LIndsey · Married on 09/19/2009

2.0

Columbus Pro DJ's came recommended to me. However, I was highly disappointed with their services on my wedding day. The owner showed up to my rehearsal (I had the wedding at a separate location from my reception) and was very rude and uninvolved. He acted like a real jerk. The DJ at my reception was nice and pleasant, but did not play a lot of the songs I had told him I wanted to hear! After all, it was my wedding day! I would pick a different DJ if i could do it over.

Sent on 02/01/2010

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2012

2.4
      3.5

I did not give high ratings due to the fact that I did not have any ceremony music provided from the DJ and yes there was to be music. The DJ was to start playing a half hour while guest were arriving, but he was having technical difficulties. I understand that things happen but they should have a back up plan and bring a boom box or something with them if this happens. I wanted the ceremony to be elegant when people were arriving and instead they sat there wondering what was going on. also like most brides, I dreamed of hearing that large organ sound of the bridal march, I did not get this. My facility hooked up a laptop and tried to play the song with you tube and opened the doors so people might be able to hear it. Also no wedding march afterwards. Again, these are things people dream of and it did start the night off rocky. So. If you do choose to use this vendor I would highly suggest they have a back up plan to make sure you get what you want!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Columbus Pro DJs Entertainment's reply:

Columbus Pro DJs have excellent back up. We have a backup DJ always on call but in situations when the DJ can't resolve the problem himself, the backup DJ needs time to respond. Luckily the DJ with his computer was able to tap into the house system for the ceremony music and the backup DJ did fix the problem and the reception was not negatively impacted. We regret the equipment failure and its impact on this ceremony. We work hard to make sure these things don't happen.