Columbia Tower Club Reviews

5 | Seattle, WA

5 Reviews for Columbia Tower Club

Caroline · Married on 09/01/2013

Our son's recent wedding at the CTC was a simple and elegant affair and also a spectacular success; from the moment I contacted Don at the CTC his advice and guidance were instrumental to the success of the event. The bride and groom live in California and the bride's parents live in China and so I was delegated to handle all the wedding coordination which I eagerly undertook. While people may turn to bridal magazines and the internet for guidance, after doing my own research I found myself repeatedly returning to the vendors recommended by Don, each of whom turned out to be as superb as he described.

We had guests from China, Fiji, Australia, Singapore and all over the U.S., and they raved about the gorgeous panoramic views of Seattle from the top of the Columbia Tower and the lovely, apparently recently renovated venue.

Don went out of his way to accommodate our requests and some of them at the last minute, such as needing the make-up artist to show up at 11am on a Sunday for a 5pm wedding with only one day's notice, and the bride requesting a runner down the aisle a few hours before the wedding.

On the night of the wedding, the staff of the CTC, supervised by Donnie, who managed the evening, were also absolutely first rate, friendly and omnipresent but non-obtrusive, and with never a lapse in service when something was needed.

The food was gorgeous in presentation and wonderful in taste; everything was organized perfectly and stunning in terms of environment. While Don was not present throughout the evening, his staff carried our event to fruition, essentially as if orchestrated by Don (and, of course, me).

If we ever have a similar event, we will look no further than Don and the CTC. Many guests told me that the venue was first class and the best wedding they've attended. Thank you, Don, Donnie and the CTC for making my son's wedding a most memorable event.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Marni · Married on 08/08/2010

What initially sold us on the Columbia Tower Club was the view. The view from the 76th floor is amazing. With more than half our guests coming from out of town, we wanted to give them a very unique experience of Seattle. We used the CTC for both our ceremony and reception, utilizing all three of their large rooms.

Working with Don Boshears, he helped us pick a menu that suited our taste and budget. They were very flexible with us, even switching the fish preparation very late in the game.

When our wedding day came, everything was perfect. The bride's and groom's rooms were set up as we requested, and each of the rooms was exactly as we wanted. Any tiny mistakes got fixed before any of the guests arrived.

The food was AMAZING; we had so many compliments on the quality of the food and how tasty it was. We couldn't have asked for more from our venue and food. Even weeks after the wedding all our guests keep raving about the venue, the view and the food.

Sent on 09/05/2010

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2013

Don BoShears was a wonderful events planner. He was always very helpful and even found resources and other ways to make my event more special. The chef was also wonderful for taking the time to help us plan a well balanced menu for our guests while meeting the budget criteria set. The constructive feedback I have is more regarding the waitstaff at my event. There were unforeseen technology glitches. We had a no host bar and the atm machine went down so folks had to pay in cash but there was no cashmachine to access in the building. When a drink was ordered, one for me specifically, a kamikazee I was given a drink that did not resemble a kamikazee. Yet the bar tender insisted it was. It had yellow liquid in it, Kamikazee's are 1/3 triple sec, 1/3 vodka, 1/3 lime. Similar instances occurred with others. It was also surprising that 3 drinks cost $54.00 so warning the hosts about how much guests will be charged for no host bar drink costs would be good. Most people don't expect a drink to cost more than $10.00 a piece much less more than $15.00 a piece. I had a pair of guests who arrived about 30 minutes late and were made to wait in the lobby for 20-30 minutes before they were let upstairs to our event. The servers passing around the appetizers and drinks when asked what the appetizer\drink was simply said, "I don't know" and walked off without offering to find out or making the effort to find out with the next tray they brought around. I had ordered kids meals and the wait staff told my guests that I had not provided a list of which kids had ordered what meals. That was embarassing as I had provided a name by name account of which kids got which meals and having them blame me was unprofessional. The wait staff did help in other ways that were accommodating but I believe they need more training. Perhaps this was a different crew than the normal waitstaff. Some of them lacked the polish you see at more fine dining restaraunts.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Ron · Married on 09/28/2013

Don Boshears, the Events Director, was the best! He was thorough and helped us plan a wonderful evening for our wedding and dinner reception.

Sent on 10/02/2013