54 Reviews for Sounds of the Rockies | Colorado Event Productions

Sound/PA System (3)
Consultation (2)
Photobooth (1)
Uplighting (1)

Sounds of the Rockies was amazing to work with. They made my daughter's wedding run smoothly and kept the guests entertained. The questionnaire we filled out prior helped customize our music selection. The only suggestion I have is after the guests are first served dinner make an announcement for people to come up for seconds if there is left over food. But I guess that depends on the client if they want you to. We didn't think about having you do that and we had a lot of food leftover. We highly recommend them for your event.

Profile Picture Angie, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sam from Sounds of the Rockies was a great DJ for our wedding. He played all the songs we asked for, and kept our friends from jumping on the mic during speeches, which kept us from an awkward situation. He kept us on schedule even when we didn't know what was next on our schedule. It was really helpful! The form we filled out ahead of time was really through and make us feel completely comfortable with our timeline and song choices for each step. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Carli, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Bruce was absolutely fabulous! He handled all of the song requests perfectly, knew when to switch the songs up and overall very helpful! I never left the dance floor all night!

Profile Picture Alyssa , 6/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Sounds of the Rockies is the best thing we did for our wedding reception! I was so impressed. Our DJ did a great job of reading the vibe of the room and being enthusiastic without being cheesy! He played a great blend of music that pleased our friends and our parents' generation too, the party never stopped. People are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding and I think that Sounds of the Rockies is to thank for that!

Profile Picture Katharine, 1/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List, MC

we used the dj and photo booth. both were perfect. the dj managed the party with ease and kept everyone on the dance floor. highly recomend.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System
3.2

I had spoken with a representative from this company a year in advance and I was highly disappointed with the day of encounter. I wish I would have gotten to meet with my DJ before hand or even got to speak with him over email, instead they just pick a DJ that might fit your style. I'm sure he tried, he came up to us a lot asking questions, but didn't really seem to listen to what I had asked when it came to the Father daughter dance I requested weeks prior and discussed again moments before or music choices. For music choices there were maybe two songs I requested, besides the group dancing like the "cha cha slide," and the rest he took requests from my 14 year old sister in law and went with it (which didn't end well and songs went away from wedding appropriate very quickly).

Profile Picture User5105930, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so satisfied with our choice to use Sound of the Rockies for our special day! They were extremely accommodating and made our wedding a night to remember. From the moment the music started to when the last song was played the floor was packed. I still have guests telling me that it was the best wedding dance they have ever been to.

Profile Picture User5613513, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Of all the vendors we used for our wedding the DJ was the best. They are professional, down to earth, responsive, fun, and just over all amazing. Use Sound of the Rockies, they are great!

Profile Picture User5321063, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My DJ was perfect for my wedding. He was down to earth, and he knew exactly what I wanted after talking to me. They also did beautiful up lighting.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ Matt was perfect for our wedding! He was able to incorporate songs and song styles we had requested while keeping everybody on the dance floor! He was also engaging, but was not annoying like yelling into the mic constantly (I've experienced this at other events with other vendors). The only issue I had with the company was that I did not receive receipts of payments unless I requested them. Other than that, everything turned out great!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/2/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was… Unique, to say the least! we had a guest singer, a special performance from the bride (me), 4 different people facing with me during my "father-daughter" dance with a last minute substitution, a brother-sister dance, and many other out of the ordinary requests, and Bruce with Sound of the Rockies never faltered! He was amazing!!!! He did both our ceremony and reception, and it was perfect! The company communicated with me tons throughout the planning process to make sure that everything was the way I wanted it, and then the day of our wedding, Bruce was INCREDIBLE!!! I would work with him again in heart beat!!! We could NOT have asked for a better DJ.

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Sound of the Rockies for our 9/19/14 wedding. We requested Sean Oakland as our DJ after getting a few recommendations for him. I must say that he was definitely the best choice we could have made. He implemented the requests we had while simultaneously keeping the crowd dancing and involved. He kept the timeline on track and was a joy to work with. I would recommend using him for your wedding!

Profile Picture Krysta, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was fantastic. Sound of the Rockies is very thorough up front, asking for your likes and dislikes. They followed our wishes exactly and we loved the outcome- No chicken dance or macarena for us! I sent them a few songs that I liked and they were able to create the perfect atmosphere for our cocktail hour and reception dinner. They also got everyone out on the dance floor without resorting to "group dance" songs. Our grandparents were even out boogying! I would recommend Sound of the Rockies to anyone looking for a professional, put-together, but fun wedding DJ

Profile Picture Amy, 8/9/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sounds of the Rockies was fantastic. The planning worksheets were very helpful. Matt Baldwin was great. He kept the party going. I recommend them for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Listened to all of our input and played the songs we wanted. Allowed someone to sing the first dance song. Awesome to work with.

Profile Picture Zach, 3/1/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful experience with sounds of the rockies! I would absolutely recommend them!

Profile Picture Whitney, 11/30/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael did an AMAZING job at our wedding. He kept the crowd active from the beginning to the end. He kept the flow of the day going perfectly, not missing a beat. In my opinion the DJ makes the wedding and they delivered 100%! Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Michael DJ our wedding and he was absolutely great!!! My grandparents who were urging us to get a band and against DJ's absolutely loved him and were really impressed. I would definitely use him again.

Profile Picture User3912406, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael with Sounds of the Rockies was one of the best parts of our wedding. He was fun, interactive with the crowd and was a great emce. Great for the bride on a budget without sacrificing quality.

Profile Picture Kaeley, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was AMAZING! He was able to 'read' the crowd and keep everyone happy and entertained. He was professional and fun and there is NOTHING that I would change. The price was extremely competitive and worth every cent. Thank you for your help in making my 20 year renewal something to treasure!

Profile Picture Caren, 9/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

JImmy was great! My guests were on the dance floor the entire reception and it seemed like Jimmy was having a lot of time mixing some tunes, which enhanced the whole vibe. He always did a great job of announcing the necessary items, but never said too much or too little.

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/7/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Michael Waldron leading up to our event. He was very responsive, knowledgable and always returned my phone calls promptly. Then we were incredibly stressed as our event was cancelled due to the flood in Colorado. Michael was very flexible and worked with us as we worked to reschedule our event and even helped us in recommending possible venues for our event. They were a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wedding day wouldn't have been the same without these guys! Michael was the life of the party and did better than I could have ever imagined. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture chelsey, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ. Played a perfect mix of music to get everyone dancing - old and young.

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best money we spent!! Michael did such a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Quincey, 7/30/13, 1 Review