Color Catering Reviews

45 Reviews for Color Catering

Color Catering 1
Color Catering 2

Alison · Married on 08/31/2014

Erin was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding. She was very responsive throughout the whole process, and very flexible with adjustments to our menu and guest count as things changed throughout our wedding planning process. The food was wonderful-- all of our guests were impressed with both the quality and the presentation of the food, and some even complimented little details like Erin's use of sustainable and biodegradable dinnerware. Color Catering was a great part of our magical day!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/24/2014

Color Catering was fantastic. Each dish was full of energy and rich surprises. People usually compliment the cuisine at a wedding just to be nice. Nobody could say anything about it because their mouths were full of the tasty dishes. No over cooked chicken breast or bland side of veggies.

Every appetizer, entree, and side dish will be missed. Purple sweet potatoes with a coconut lime glaze, butterfish with cilantro and miso, mac nut ginger green beans! The Chef, Erin Pasco created food that like her personality was fun and alive. Ok now I'm hungry again.

I want a lilikoi and key lime tarts now!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Alexa · Married on 08/23/2014

Erin & Color Catering were absolutely fabulous to work with! Erin helped me create a menu that all of our guests absolutely loved. The food was delicious and everyone commented on how great the food! Everything was very fresh and was cuisine that one can't find on the mainland. It was beautifully presented and tasted just as yummy! I would highly recommend Erin & the Color Catering team!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Gigette · Married on 07/05/2014

I just had my destination wedding in Kealakekua in South Kona on 7/5 and Erin from Color Catering was amazing! From the very beginning when I inquired and booked her last November she was easy to communicate with and her prices are very reasonable. A lot less than the bigger catering companies like Paradise Gourmet. She will work with your budget. You may think your compromising quality but let me tell you you are not! Not only was her food absolutely delicious (especially her miso butterfish...yummy) but she coordinated the tables, chairs, linens, silverware, etc. she decorated it using the flowers I bought from the farmers market and she had about 3 people on her staff to help with my event. Service was wonderful! Tastefully presented the food and even decorated my cake! She even put things out for the kids table to keep them occupied. Erin, was also very flexible with me. I had to move the wedding time up and she was more than accommodating. Book Color Catering you won't be disappointed! My guests are still raving about the food.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Janelle · Married on 07/01/2014

Picking the correct caterer is a must when planning your big day - especially if you're planning from another country! Our recent wedding was a small and intimate affair and friends and family had travelled long distances to be with us. It was very important to us to impress our guests and provide the best possible food! Erin from Color Catering was there every step of the way, helping us with every decision. She took into consideration our budget, guest allergies and preferences and created a fresh, healthy and delicious menu for our wedding. Nothing was a bother for Erin! Our guests were treated to superior customer service on the night and went home still raving about the food! We can't begin to express our gratitude for helping to make our wedding better than we could have ever expected! Thank you Color Catering!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Marilyn · Married on 02/15/2014

I am revising my original rating of Erin Pasco of Color Catering. I am changing my 4.5 in professionalism to a 5 because she said she did try to contact me about her late arrival to our event via the owners of the house we were renting. But the owners failed to relay that message to me. So, because Erin did make an effort to contact me, her total rating is now a 5! I enjoyed working with her and her assistant. She was friendly, and her food was wonderful, especially the lillikoi Kailua pork tacos! I would hire her again if I ever find myself in Kona, HI needing a caterer again.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Nola Maureen · Married on 02/14/2014

Not only was the food great and plenty of it.. everyone couldn't stop gushing about it. Great caterer, lovely to work with: A++

Sent on 02/26/2014

Karri · Married on 02/05/2014

Everything went perfect food was amazing especially the fish!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Richard · Married on 12/28/2013

Erin and her team at Color Catering were absolutely fantastic. I will try to outline some of the specifics that made our wedding experience so amazing. First, the meal that they prepared was absolutely delicious, and of the highest quality. They used fresh, local, and sustainable ingredients, and the flavor and color of each dish was vibrant. Second, planning a wedding from long distance can be challenging, and Erin was extremely helpful in helping us organize everything we needed, going above and beyond the normal caterer duties. Third, not only was Erin's food delicious, but she managed to keep costs down to a minimum. She was very creative, worked with our budget, and at the day of the wedding, she even came in a few hundred dollars under budget. Rather than simply charging us for our agreed contract, she passed the discount along to us. Fourth, the staff that she brought to our venue were kind, thoughtful, and helped to make everything run smoothly. I highly recommend color catering for your catering needs! They are amazing and you will be blown away by the service you are provided.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Kyle · Married on 09/09/2013

The food for our wedding was really important to me and I looked at every catering company on the island and Erin made sure that we had a meal that I was proud to serve to our quests. I really reccommend the coconut prawns and macadamian nut green beans. All our out guest were raving about them the next day

Sent on 01/14/2014

Tara · Married on 07/27/2013

Erin from Color Catering is a dream to work with!! She is so kind, patient, and is the BEST caterer!!! She worked with me for 4 months as I kept changing what I wanted in the menu and added more guests to the quote. She also worked seamlessly with the liquor supplier to ensure the wines were paired perfectly with the food. She quickly answered all my many phone calls and emails and I always felt that she truly cared about what I wanted. She has a huge variety of food to choose from. She even visited the venue site multiple times before the wedding so that she could plan where things would be set up, etc. On the wedding day, EVERYONE loved the food!! Everything---every dish, appetizer, entree---it all tasted heavenly!! I have never been to a wedding before where everything tasted good and I was so grateful that at my wedding EVERYTHING did!!!! Erin went above and beyond for my wedding. She worked very hard to provide the best food, service, and aesthetics possible. I definitely recommend Color Catering!!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Buddhini · Married on 06/01/2013

Erin Pasco (Color Catering) was fantastic to work with. Our first appointment with her, six months before the wedding went extremely well. We set up an appointment through our wedding planner and met with Erin at her home in Honokaa, Big Island Hawaii. The entire experience was extremely professional. The sample menu was prepared fresh while we were waiting, and Erin took a lot of time explaining her ideas and the thought process behind planning the menu. We explained our requirements to her (we had a few vegetarian guests, and many of them are not from Hawaii). We wanted the guests to be able to experience Hawaiian cuisine in a manner that would allow them to try out familiar foods with a Hawaiian twist. We didn't want our guests to fly out all this way to eat something that they could have had in their own country, but at the same time we didn't want them to be overwhelmed with foods completely outside their comfort zone either. Erin's menu was perfect for that since she incorporated familiar foods (for example her pork & cabbage dish) with a Hawaiian variation (the cabbage is infused with lilikoi). The presentation was also extremely appetizing, and it was clear she had put in a lot of thought towards this aspect of the menu. It is obvious why the name of her company is 'Color Catering' :)

Erin is also extremely conscious of sourcing her ingredients locally, which is something we really liked. We like that she chooses the ingredients herself and buys them fresh according to seasonal availability. She was also helpful in helping us decide on beverage choices and in coming up with ideas for tableware and utensils.

On the day of the wedding, the food was ready on time, and the services she provided were flawless. The food looked beautiful and appetizing and tasted as good as it looked. Every single guest at our wedding complimented the food. Overall our experience with Erin has been brilliant, and we highly recommend her services.

Sent on 06/29/2013

Jeannette · Married on 01/07/2011

The food was not only beautiful, but tasted amazing! I received compliments from everyone that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! I only wish I lived in HI and could use Color Catering again! Fresh ingredients and a super fun, creative menu, you cannot go wrong!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Kylee · Married on 11/17/2017

Food was delicious! Presentation was beautiful as well! Would recommend!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Bryan · Married on 08/02/2014

Erin from Color Catering is amazing. She was very helpful and friendly. Her food is amazing. She has friendly and courteous staff that were very attentive to our needs.
    She helped us create and design the perfect menu for our wedding. She took the time to listen to what we wanted and helped us achieve our goal. She was an absolute wonder to work with and always took the time to listen to our concerns and needs. I know I am gushing, but she is that good.
    There were many compliments about the food and set-up from our guests. The appetizers we light and tasty, perfect for a Kona evening. The main course of fish, kailua pig, and laulau was amazing. The coconut glazed sweet potatoes were heavenly!
    If I ever need another large catered event on the Big Island, I would not hesitate to go with Color Catering.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Marilyn · Married on 02/15/2014

We were a little concerned when Erin arrived 1/2 hour later than we expected without letting us know, that is why I only gave her a 4.5 for professionalism. But she and her assistant worked very efficiently and got everything on the table when we needed it. We had the reception at a house where we were staying, and she adapted and used the house to show off the food to it's best advantage. Nice presentation of the food, and we loved the lilikoi infused kailua pork tacos! The papaya vinegarette for the garden salad was absolutely wonderful too. Erin even included additional items/food that was not on our list, which was a very nice bonus. She did a nice clean up job and packed all the left overs for us to eat again later. Erin & her assistant were very easy to work with, very friendly and very accommodating to how we wanted everytthing.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Marcella · Married on 08/10/2016

3.0

Erin from Color Catering was great to work with. The food she made was absolutely amazing. My guests were raving about the quesadillas especially! Her pricing was amazing and her presentation of food and the quality of food was definitely worth every penny. Overall a good experience.

Sent on 11/22/2016
  • User4802438 · event on 12/12/2014

4.2
      3.0

Wonderfully easy to work with and very accommodating - Very good food and good service!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Jenny · Married on 03/12/2018

Very responsive via email and very professional and friendly on the day. Great staff and bartender recommendation. Thanks Erin.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Color Catering's reply:

Thanks Jen. :)

Heather · Married on 10/24/2015

3.8
      3.5

Erin was extremely helpful in providing details to our guests with special diets about our menu. She extended her staff's services to help with the cake even though it was not in our contract. The food was stellar - tasted like a "real meal" instead of a typical buffet that's dry or soggy or flavorless.

We had a few criticisms. We had an unusual request for rented glassware and in the end she showed up short some of what we needed. The venue helped out and we sorted it out, but it was stressful in timing. Also, we heard from several guests that the amount of leftovers that her team left for us did not match the volume of food that was left after dinner was finished. Neither the groom nor I saw first hand what should have been packed up, so we don't know what happened exactly. But it came up repeatedly among other members of our group so it seems worth mentioning here.

She and staff were great with clean up and coordination with our venue.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Color Catering's reply:

Heather,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the mishap with the glassware, we just had an incorrect number listed and we will be sure to have better customer service in the future regarding left-overs. I can explain, that I often make more than the amount needed so that my staff and myself can take home food as many of them have families and are appreciative for not having to cook a meal when they get home themselves. It's all about our time management and being wise with resources! Many catering companies do not leave any left-overs due to liability reasons, so we try to be fair and reasonable. Also some times when food is left out, it's not at the best quality for reserving. We sometimes have to toss some of it out, and we don't want you to have a second experience that clouds the first of your cuisine. I'm sorry for not explaining that more clearly prior. Thank you for letting us know, we will always strive to improve our services!!!