Cold Spring Bakery Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Cold Spring Bakery 1
Cold Spring Bakery 2

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I ordered cheesecake cupcakes to host at our wedding reception and they were delicious! We loved the lemon flavor and were pleasantly surprised how tasty the cherry flavor was that we had to get them! We received a lot of compliments from guests on the dessert. My mom doesn’t like cheesecake and even she was raving about them! We will definitely be back to the bakery for more!

Renee · Married on 05/05/2018

My mouth is watering just thinking about having a piece of your cake again! Cold spring bakery was the best decision I made for my wedding. The cake is to die for. We did centerpiece cakes and it was an absolute hit! We had four different flavors: almond (my personal favorite), marble, carrot, and lemon! Our guests raved about the cake and we didnt even have a whole cake left for left overs! Several people wanted to try all the different flavors and they were all SO Good! Every anniversary we are going to get an almond cake from here, but probably any birthday or holiday too because it's just that good! Thanks for being such a great part of my wedding day! It was a hit and I'm still craving some almond cake! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone! You wont be disappointed.

Cold Spring Bakery 3
    Cold Spring Bakery 4

Melanie · Married on 09/16/2017

Cold Spring Bakery was amazing and I would use them for every event if I could! They are sweet and focused and willing to do any amazing work you could want for a perfect cake, not to mention the free tasting YUM!

Mariah · Married on 09/17/2016

These guys were super easy to get a hold of and were super accommodating!! I gave them some ideas and they helped to steer me in the right direction. We got mini cupcakes and a cake for cutting. Everything was delicious!!! We honestly probably could have gone without the cutting cake because we forgot to cut it until very late at night, but it was still tasty regardless!!

Makenzie · Married on 07/23/2016

Our cake was so delicious! The people were easy and great to work with, always quick to answer questions. We showed them a picture of a display cake and they recreated it perfectly, it was absolutely beautiful. Best wedding cake I have ever tasted, our guests raved about it too! They were extremely reasonably priced which made it even better!

• User5322936 · event on: 06/11/2015

They made us a wonderful cake! It was exactly what we wanted and tasted great!

Brooke · Married on 06/11/2016

I am so incredibly happy with the service we received from the Cold Spring Bakery! We did a dessert bar for our wedding (cutting cake, mini cheesecakes, mini cupcakes, etc.) and everything looked and tasted amazing! Would definitely recommend to others!

Emily · Married on 06/04/2016

These guys were fantastic to work with, super flexible around our out of town tasting schedule, what day we were able to pick up the desserts for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding, and the cupcakes were great!

We were very impressed by the ease of ordering from Cold Spring Bakery. We didn't like the color of our cake much, but that's because we should have been more specific as to which colors they should use. I suggest bringing a picture of exactly what you want and asking to see pictures of styles similar to that they have made in the past. They are a very busy bakery, so keep in mind that their cakes are not going to look as designer as the ones on Pinterest. If you have a very intricate design, they might go a less elegant-looking route to get it done quickly-- ask them how closely they can imitate exactly what you're going for. I changed my design to match their skill-set better in order to make sure my cake looked the way I wanted it.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/09/2016

Love them! I grew up loving Cold Spring Bakery as a kid and I love that they are doing my wedding cake! They were incredibly open to what designs we wanted and helped us when we had a hard time picking a design. They offered us a lot of options so we could cater to our budget and wants. They are even keeping our cake topper so that's one less thing for us to worry about day of! Affordable and friendly staff, great experience.

This is a little bakery in central Minnesota that also makes beautiful wedding cakes, cupcakes, you name it! They were so fun to work with..providing us lots of tasting options, listening to my wants for a wedding cake, and producing beautiful results! I simply handed them a picture of a 4-tier cake I wanted off of pinterest, and they made it. Voila! We then ordered sheet cake for our guests as well, and the options were endless. The guests raved about the cake! Also, they are quite affordable. I would highly recommend supporting this local business for any future brides/grooms/etc.!

My husband and I ordered our cake from the Cold Spring Bakery because we really like the bakery and all the goodies they make. We not only ordered our cake, but also got a coffee service from them which people really enjoyed. The consultants offer a lot of information on how to make the cake not only beautiful, but also give tips on how to cut back on price. They wanted to make sure that our cake was what we wanted and it turned out beautifully.

• User5541922 · 2+ years ago

We LOVED our cupcakes from Cold Spring Bakery! After tasting the most delicious cake from my husband's sister's wedding, we knew we had to use Cold Spring for our wedding. Even with the $100 delivery fee from Cold Spring to Stillwater, we paid far less than what we were quoted by several cake shops in the Twin Cities. They have amazing customer service and such friendly staff. I would use them all over again if I could! Even if you aren't planning a wedding, if you find yourself in the city of Cold Spring, make sure you stop in for their famous treats!

The cakes at cold spring are absolutely delicious! They have many different flavors to choose from and are very affordable!

Our cake was just how we envisioned it would look. The cake and cupcakes tasted delicious. We cannot wait to eat our top tier of the cake on our anniversary. Their prices were also very reasonable.

Our cake was beautiful! To top it off we had three flavored and all were delicious!

Lindsay · Married on 08/15/2015

Cold Spring did an amazing job with our wedding cake! I changed my mind a few times on the amount, the flavor, and the look of the cake and they were super flexible each time! I was able to pick different designs from different cakes to make my own custom tiered cake for our wedding! We had chocolate with cookies and cream filling and it was amazing!! :) We were even able to get it delivered to our reception venue which made it super easy the day of!

For my wedding we ordered 3 sheet cakes, each in a different flavor (red velvet, chocolate and carrot cake), and they were all delicious! Our wedding cake was small but absolutely beautiful.

JESSICA · Married on 07/18/2015

Our cake was absolutely beautiful! They were able to meet with us right away, helped us figure out what we wanted and how much to order. They were even willing to deliver to the venue over an hour away. I found a design and decorations that I wanted online and they were more than happy to do it for us.

Allison · Married on 07/11/2015

the cake turned out amazing!! Everyone was asking where we got. We had an idea and they went above and beyond our expectations.

Delicious and beautiful cake! Very good with the planning process and flexible with the order

• User4241997 · 2+ years ago

We had almond flavor cake with buttercream frosting. We had a 3-tier wedding cake for bridal party and family and sheet cakes for guests. This is same vendor my 2 older sisters used - same flavor of cake and frosting. LOVE the cake and the service was phenomenal.

Lindsey · Married on 12/13/2014

Can't imagine using any other bakery! When we went in for our tasting before the wedding, they gave us an estimate that was half of what we received from other bakeries closer to the metro, and they didn't charge any outrageous fees. We really appreciated their experience and felt totally comfortable having them do our cake and cupcakes. Everything turned out exactly how we had discussed and tasted AMAZING! We received so many compliments from our guests.

Amazing cake and cupcakes for an amazing price

Shannon · Married on 10/11/2014

This small bakery packs a BIG punch! We had a small cake made along with 200 cupcakes for our big day. They met with us a couple times to go over everything and after that we never had to worry about a thing. Everything looked perfect and tasted even better! We received LOTs of compliments on the taste and quality of the desserts. Thank you Cold Spring Bakery for making our day so wonderful! We are looking forward to visiting you on our 1 year anniversary!