Coco Paloma Desserts Reviews

Coco Paloma Desserts 5
Coco Paloma Desserts 6
Coco Paloma Desserts 7

Aranza · Married on 09/15/2018

Coco paloma is one of the best decisions you can make on your wedding day! Paloma was very nice since day 1. She recommended me the best desserts based on my style and taste, she was very responsible, and very patience during all the process. Specially cause I made everything through distance. She even received the topper and more decor because of that and I really appreciatte it.
    The cake taste and sweets Omg! They are amaaaazing!. Guests were telling me over and over again how amazing the taste was. Definetly recommended!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Coco Paloma Desserts 8
    Coco Paloma Desserts 9
    Coco Paloma Desserts 10

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2017

I found Coco Paloma Desserts while looking for an Austin area cake baker for our wedding. My now husband & I are foodies who love good dessert, so taste was paramount. It just so happens that when we found Paloma, we managed to find a cake baker who not only knows how to make tasty cake, but is a true artist to boot.

Paloma was the 1st cake baker we did a tasting w/, & knew from the first bite of Valrhona Chocolate cake that we had found our cake baker! In addition to our 4 tier cake, we knew we wanted to do a gluten free cake on the side for some VIPs w/ allergies, & macarons. Worth noting – I was really impressed w/ Paloma’s macaron knowledge (I’m half French & macaron obsessed), & appreciated how her eyes lit up as we discussed different macaron bakers & recipes.

We ultimately settled on 3 flavors – Valrhona Chocolate cake w/ Nutella buttercream, Red Velvet & Cream Cheese, & Earl Grey cake w/ Mascarpone Buttercream. We ordered 2 macaron flavors, Raspberry & Lemon Lavender. For the GF cake – we opted for the GF Valrhona Chocolate Cake w/ Espresso buttercream. We really had 0 thoughts on the GF cake, but as I was perusing Paloma’s IG, my jaw dropped when I saw an A&M ring cake. My husband is a very devoted Aggie, & happens to really like his ring. It was a gorgeous gold, one of our wedding colors, & it was stunning. I managed to keep it as a secret & my husband was so excited when he saw it on our wedding day! The GF cake was so delicious & moist, no one even knew it was GF. It was INCREDIBLE!

I decided about a month before the wedding that I really wanted to have some watercolor inspired sugar cookies as favors for our guests, because the Aggie ring cake wasn’t labor intensive enough. Thankfully, Paloma was game & designed really beautiful cookies for us. They were the soft delicious kind of sugar cookies, which my husband & I both really enjoy.

Paloma blew it out of the park with our wedding! She was truly delightful to work with :).

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Coco Paloma Desserts 11
    Coco Paloma Desserts 12
    Coco Paloma Desserts 13
    Coco Paloma Desserts 14
  • I

Ivy · Married on 10/28/2017

Our wedding cake from Coco Paloma was absolutely amazing, and beautiful! We chose two different flavors - lemon lavender, and a classic yellow cake with fresh raspberries and vanilla bean buttercream. All our guests raved about how delicious the cake was, and we can't wait until we get to have our 1st anniversary cake! Paloma was such a pleasure to work with and is just the best of the best :) Thank you for creating our dream wedding cake!

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Coco Paloma Desserts 15
    Coco Paloma Desserts 16
    Coco Paloma Desserts 17
    Coco Paloma Desserts 18

Geno · Married on 09/02/2017

Coco Paloma Desserts did a fantastic job for our wedding. We got both our wedding cake and grooms cake from them and both showed up on time and still looked and tasted great at serving time. Paloma was very professional and easy to work with. We came for our first tasting and she was very patient while we tried all combinations of the cakes/frostings we had selected, and made great suggestions on pairings that go well together. Further, after we second guessed ourselves, she provided more samples so we could be sure of our decision. All in all a great experience, and we are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary when we go to pick up the little cake she provides so we don’t have to eat 1 year old freezer cake. We highly recommend Coco Paloma Cakes.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I went to a few cake tastings and Coco Paloma was by far our favorite!!! They use all natural ingredients, their flavors were so unique, and they have loads of gluten-free options. There are no additives and their cakes and fillings are so flavorful and fresh! We went with a lavender cake with lemon buttercream filling, and for our gluten free guests we did a couple dozen of earl grey cupcakes with vanilla bean filling. Our guests LOVED those cupcakes, even the guests who don't eat gluten free. The cake was not only delicious but SO BEAUTIFUL! Paloma did a beautiful scraped finish on our 3-tiered cake and our florist topped it off with some florals. Unfortunately my husband and I didn't get a full slice of cake on our wedding day, but I assure you the whole cake got eaten. We are SO excited for our anniversary cake next May! Thanks so much Paloma!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Madeline F

Madeline · Married on 01/15/2017

My husband and I went to other cake tastings, but were not as impressed as we were like these cakes! They were moist and flavorful without being overly sweet. We decided on a 3 tier cake (Chocolate with Strawberry Buttercream Filling, Chocolate with Nutella Buttercream Filling, and the signature flavor, Strawberry Almond) and a Carrot Groomscake. I wanted something simple, but elegant for the 3 tier cake with subtle flowers and she was able to do exactly that. The Groomscake design meant a lot to my husband, it is his work crest. Many of the guy's from his work attended our wedding and they were all impressed with the impeccable details. Everyone raved about the flavors and designs of our cakes! Thankfully, we were able to eat some cake at our wedding and were lucky enough to have a catering team that put some aside for us to bring home because we finished the rest the next day (we actually ate some of it once we got back to our hotel room that night). It was that good! I have been thinking of occasions that are coming up just so we can order another cake or two!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Coco Paloma Desserts's reply:

Thank you for the kinds words! I'm so happy you and your guests enjoyed the cakes and look forward to working with you again!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/16/2016

We absolutely loved working with Paloma! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to make sure her customers are pleased. She made both our wedding cake and groom’s cake and we truly could not have been happier with both. The hardest part was picking our flavors because we loved so many of them! We considered many bakeries when planning our wedding but were looking for something very specific – an awesome Star Wars groom’s cake. We truly think she is the BEST! We looked at about a million options online and the Millennium Falcon cake she made us was so much better than anything we had seen or even imagined. The amount of time and detail she put into it was incredible. Before we had a chance to make it to our cake table to see it for ourselves we had heard about it from about a dozen people, it was the talk of the wedding. We highly recommend Coco Paloma and look forward to enjoying more of her tasty cake on our anniversary! Thank you Paloma!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Lena · Married on 10/18/2015

We're so happy that Paloma was able to make our wedding cake. October is such a busy time for weddings in Austin, we were able to book her for our date in January. Paloma made our wedding cake and groom's cake. Both were delicious and gorgeous. She will make you the cake of your dreams or if you're uncertain of what you want she will be able to help you come up with an idea or vision.
    The only slight fumble was that the flowers on our wedding cake were supposed to be burgundy but somehow they were purple. I did a double take when I saw it, but the only people that knew what the color should have been were my husband and I.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Paloma did a fantastic job! She made our wedding cake, the Groom's cake, state shaped cookies and a croquembouche for us! They were all magnificent!! The Groom's cake & croquembouche went so fast, it was like locusts descended & I know folks had more than one serving of those! It was all so delicious..I am still eating wedding cake! The artistry was incredible too! I realized loved her designs when I pinned several on Pinterest. I am glad she was available to do our event! She worked with us to incorporate everything we loved from our little Chihuahua who made an appearance on the Groom's cake, jeweled sugar rhinestones in the sugar flowers atop the Wedding Cake, to cookies & of course, the croquembouche. We absolutely LOVED it all and so did our guests!

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Beth Renee ATX

beth · Married on 10/25/2014

Obsessed with Coco Paloma Desserts! Our tasting experience was wonderful and the cake the day of the wedding was beautiful. Exactly what we wanted in flavor and look. My favorite part is their offer to make you a new cake topper on your one year anniversary, complimentary! No need to freeze that cake with Paloma! I would 100% recommend Paloma to any Austin bride!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Palomas cakes are amazing!!! She also uses organic products. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and came out exactly how we wanted it

Sent on 02/02/2015

marie · Married on 08/15/2014

Coco Paloma has the best cakes I've ever tasted in my life. Not only was my wedding cake gorgeous but it was so delicious. Anytime I need a cake I'm only going to her. You must try her cakes. We had a butter pecan and a yellow cake with butter cream frosting. Set up a tastinf, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Kendrick · Married on 06/21/2014

We did at least 5 cake tastings all around Austin, but Coco Paloma was the first and the one we compared everything to! We were so impressed with her commitment to local and organic ingredients when possible and how amazing her cake tasted! Also, the free anniversary cake was a huge plus! it was so nice to have one less thing to worry about on our wedding night since we didn't need to save the top tier (it also means you can serve that tier!) We did the classic wedding cake but had the cake flavor be lemon for a more summery flavor. It was great! We received tons of compliments about how great it tasted and how beautiful it was.

I was very impressed at Paloma's design skills to. More than any other cake vendor we went to, I was able to give her a rough idea of what I liked and didn't like (wanted ruffles, but something a little different) and she came up with a beautiful design that we loved.

Also, the week of the wedding my mom decided we should accommodate our gluten free guests (we had 3 of them) and Paloma was able to do a dozen cupcakes for us at the last minute in our wedding flavor and a totally reasonable cost. Those guests were so excited they actually got to have some wedding "cake"!

Overall, we could not be happier with picking Coco Paloma!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Our wedding cakes were perfect! They were both beautiful and delicious! We originally planned on having 2 cakes (one wedding cake and a groom's cake) but after falling in love with all the flavors at our tasting, we decided to go with 4 separate cakes all different flavors. Our absolute favorite was the Coconut Lime. All of our cakes were a hit! We are so glad we picked Coco Paloma Desserts for our big day.

Sent on 06/04/2014

AMAZING! PERFECT! DELICIOUS! I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to work with Paloma. Her cake flavors and fillings are nothing less than the best. In addition to that, she executed my design flawlessly. It was hard to find someone who was willing to make a fondant peony, and she was able to do it perfectly. The cake was so delicious. Everyone raved about it. Also, she makes a small anniversary cake (you call to set it up a few weeks before your date) instead of having to save the top layer, which I was all about. Paloma is also adorable and so sweet. You will love her and her cakes!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Robin · Married on 11/01/2013

DELICIOUS cakes-like amazing! I waited to order a cake until last minute and Paloma was extremely helpful and able to fit me in her cake schedule. The tasting was so much fun and all flavors were delicious. my now husband got sick and couldn't make tasting and Paloma sent me home with cakes for him to taste. She delivered cake in the timeframe we requested and my guests LOVED THE CAKE! An added bonus-she'll make you an anniversary tier for your first anniversary so you don't have to save and freeze your top tier. Highly recommend Coco Paloma. Great experience with a great vendor!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2013

Paloma was amazing to work with! She understood my taste and vision immediately, and I always felt confident in her. When I first saw our wedding cakes, it took my breathe away! They were just so beautiful. She delivered exactly what my husband and I wanted - and more! Not to mention, the cakes tasted SO good! And, they were so fresh! We received many compliments from our guests. Paloma herself is such a sweet and creative person. Working with her was so easy and stress free. I definitely recommend her! Thank you Paloma!!

Sent on 06/20/2013

priscilla · Married on 09/28/2012

Loved loved the cake and designs!!! Paloma was great and her cakes are the bomb! Everyone loved our cake and mini cupcakes. We are definitley looking forward to heading back to austin next year for our one year anniversay cake....made fresh!

Thanks again!

Sent on 10/09/2012

MIA · Married on 09/24/2012

Our cake turned out so pretty and tasted so incredible.
    Pick her!!! She will make your dream cake come true!!!!!
    Red velvet is too amazing!!!!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Denise · Married on 08/25/2012

Paloma is one of the sweetest and talented ladies I have ever met. I had the task of planning a wedding for my son and daughter-in-law who live in Russia. We had a desitnation wedding on Lake Travis and my caterer recommended Coco Paloma Desserts. Paloma designed a cake with a Russian flare for the bridal cake and an Ice Chest with Shiner Bock bottles decked out with the Aggie logo for the grooms cake. Everyone raved about the cakes and they tasted awesome too. Thanks Paloma for making our day special.

Sent on 08/29/2012

We had a fantastic experience working with Coco Paloma for our wedding and groom's cakes in June 2012. Both cakes were beautiful, delicious, and a good value based on the quotes I got from several Austin bakers, and Paloma was a pleasure to work with and provided excellent, reliable service.

Paloma was able to accommodate several special dietary requests (nut-free, vegan), and I was impressed with how conscientious she was to avoid cross contamination for my seriously nut-allergic husband--not all bakeries can even do nut-free cakes. I also loved that she made my idea of a giant chocolate chip muffin shaped groom's cake work, and incorporated our wedding's lavender theme with a lavender flavored wedding cake with lemon curd filling. She was great about working out a plan for a smaller wedding cake and backup sheet cakes, to keep the costs reasonable for feeding all 230 of our guests; and it was easy to communicate with her from afar as we planned our wedding from D.C. She delivered the cakes and tons of mini chocolate chip muffins with wrappers matching our wedding colors to the Salt Lick in Driftwood right on time and without any trouble, despite the 105 (!) degree heat on our wedding day. And delicious and gorgeous as the wedding cake was, it was the vegan chocolate chip muffins that completely blew me away--I'm not even vegan and I loved them so much I'm ordering a batch shipped to D.C. for our anniversary.

Overall, Coco Paloma met and exceeded our expectations--a total winner!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Paloma is best! I highly recommend the Chocolate with Peanut Butter Mousse. Best of all, it was made from scratch! You will certainly not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Janna · Married on 09/04/2011

I was absolutely elated to have Coco Paloma make my wedding cakes! Not only is Paloma lovely and talented, but she was very easy to work with. I'm out of town, so we had to send a lot of emails back and forth - she accommodated me at every step!

And, most importantly, her cake is so darn delicious and the designs came out beautifully. happy bride & groom!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Coco Paloma Desserts's reply:

Thanks, Janna! I loved the way the woodgrain turned out. Congratulations! Paloma

Kenya · Married on 09/03/2011

Paloma made our wedding cake and groom's cake (an exact, life-size replica of his acoustic guitar!) 3 years ago. Our baker cancelled on us 3 weeks before our wedding and she graciously agreed to fit us in even though it was a holiday weekend! We only got to speak over the phone and finally met her on our 1 year anniversary when she gave us a free cake to celebrate! She greatly exceeded our expectations and I would recommend her to anyone who wants quality (and tasty!) work and wonderful customer service. I am still dreaming of our cake...it was the best I've ever had!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Laura · Married on 07/02/2011

PLEASE READ! MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE EVER! During our wedding planning I wanted the best of everything. With this being said, I visited all the cake designers that were highly rated in the Austin area. A couple of designers were okay; their cakes were mediocre (they had that cake box taste). But I wanted something more classic, elegant, a cake that tasted fresh, soft, and organic. When I visited Paloma I changed my appointment two different times. I thought she would have been irritated or displeased with my inability to schedule an appointment and stick to it but it was absolutely opposite. She was most understanding. When we sat down with her, she had the cakes we wanted to try in front of us and she had a tablet for sketches. We first tried the cakes and I immediately knew these were the ones. They were unlike any other cake we had tasted. The cake was soft, the icing was heaven, and the taste of the ingredients was just so organic. The flavors we decided on were as follows:

Strawberry Almond:
    almond cake filled with fresh strawberry slices and almond custard buttercream finished with an Amaretto soak

Bourbon Pecan Praline:
    bourbon soaked yellow cake filled with homeade pecan prailine brown sugar buttercream

While at the tasting, Paloma then started asking what I wanted our cake designs to look like. As my husband and I are Aggies, we wanted our Aggie rings interlocking. Paloma’s sketch was superb. As for the bridal cake, I was unsure. I knew I wanted it to be romantic, whimsical and classic. Paloma said she would work on a design. When I received her sketch (she had sent 4), I was once again, stunned. She nailed it. It was a design that I had never seen before. It wasn’t your typical monogrammed cake or cake with flowers stuck in everywhere. This was a cake that had soft ruffles along the tiers and had edible purple hydrangeas cascading down the cake. The flowers were going to be made by paloma and hand painted. The finished product did not fall short. All night I heard more compliments on our cakes than anything else. Our preacher even had a fit about the grooms cake, it was that amazing. I remember everything about our wedding, but one of the things I remember most is the impact our cake had on our wedding. It was the centerpiece to the entire evening. When you rounded that corner and saw those two stunning cakes, it stopped you in your tracks. I know there are so many cake designers in the area, but if you just take a few moments to invest time in “Coco Paloma”, I promise you, she will not dissappoint. Her cakes are nothing like I’ve tasted before and they were incredible. Paloma’s price for the cake was fair and was in the range of most cake designers in the area. Personally, she could have charged more and I would have paid it, her cake was THAT good. She was also very accomodating. In total I did three tastings, all at no charge. Also, keep in mind that when you use “Coco Paloma”, you get a free anniversary cake when you hit your one year mark. That way you don’t have to freeze any part of your cake, so your guests have more to enjoy on your special day.

Sent on 06/29/2012