Cocktails Catering Reviews

Cocktails Catering 5
Cocktails Catering 6
Cocktails Catering 7

Siana · Married on 10/15/2010

Orlando Private Bartending is SUPER FANTASTIC! Avery did our wedding in 2010 and he is such a GEM! Easily accessible via various media, he worked with me on a one on one consult to come up with the PERFECT signature cocktail that EVERYONE loved- and are still talking about!. His professionalism and skills were truly amazing. Avery made us comfortable and provided excellent recommendations and guidance. I would definitely say they are the most economical/ enthusiastic/ professional choice in town!

Sent on 11/08/2010
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 04/06/2018

The company was easy to work with and very accommodating. My Husband and I made the plans to work with the bartenders from South Africa and Virginia and it was incredibly easy and seamless. On the day of, the bartenders showed up earlier than expected (which was great!) and were very flexible on getting set up, where to set up, etc. They needed minimal guidance and were able to operate autonomously. Even with some issues with the venue's ice machine, the bartenders did a great job mitigating the problem and still providing for the guests.

Sent on 04/21/2018
  • Cortney

Cortney · Married on 01/27/2018

I worked with a number of people from Cocktails Catering planning my wedding. Rebecca, Melissa and Amanda were all great during the process. Even though I worked with three different people, the information was transitioned seamlessly and I always thought everyone was fully knowledgeable of our event. The options at Cocktails Catering are endless! Whatever vision you have - they can make it happen! The only hiccup in our wedding was that I was told that the caterer would be at my venue at 1:00 PM. They had the keys to open up the venue, so my timeline was all contingent on when I could access the venue to put on my dress and start the pictures for our first look. I called the week before and confirmed. The day of the wedding, they did not arrive until 2:00 PM which is what was originally planned, but not what I had discussed with Cocktails during our final phone meeting to confirm details nor what I confirmed the week before. This did delay a few activities and caused our first look and bridal pictures to get behind and ultimately some cut due to time.
    Once the ceremony started, everything was seamless. The reception area could not have looked any better. It was exactly how I envisioned.
    Mark was the banquet manager day of and he was fantastic! After our ceremony, my husband and I took photos and he made sure to bring us a plate of appetizers and drinks for us and our photographers. During our reception, he made sure myself and my husband always had a plate full of food and drinks in hand. He was also very attentive to my head table which I really appreciated.
    The food was amazing and we received many, many, many compliments! Overall, Cocktails Catering did a great job and we are happy to have had them cater and supply our venue rentals for the day of.

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Cocktails Catering 8
    Cocktails Catering 9
    Cocktails Catering 10
    Cocktails Catering 11

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2017

Great experience with cocktails catering!!! I'm super picky and they have been so accommodating!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/16/2015

Cocktails Catering was fabulous. They did a full tasting with us for our full menu. The food was great and the price was reasonable. I like that they allow you to provide your own alcohol and they will provide servers. They took such good care of us during our wedding. They checked with us and brought us everything we needed throughout the night. They even boxed up some cake and extra waters at the end of the night for us to take to the hotel.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Erin · Married on 04/25/2015

All of my guests raved about the food. Cocktails was affordable, flexible, and delivered a great product. During the tasting we didnt like everything, so we asked them to make adjustments (less salty, different sauce, etc.). They did a great job and pulled it off. The only 2 complaints I have: they served my guests the non-alcoholic sparkling wine during the toast, so we had a lot of leftover alcohol. Also, they set up the mashed potato bar far away from the other food, so nobody used it. Again, it was delicious, but we ended up with a lotta leftovers. There should have been better communication about these things.

Other than those, I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Cocktails Catering's reply:

Erin,
    Thanks for the great review. We hope to work together in the future !

Deborah · Married on 03/20/2015

Cocktails Catering is fabulous! Avery and his team were great throughout our whole planning process and the crew on the day of our wedding was great. The food was delicious, the service was awesome, and the one thing that was slightly off, was taken care of! My husband is pretty picky and we both have high standards... This being said, we were both very pleased with Cocktails Catering as our caterer :) Thanks guys for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Sasha · Married on 04/07/2013

Cocktails Catering is a great value in terms of one's ability to get food, linens, beverages, centerpieces, etc. all with one vendor! They have so many linen/napkin options (color and material), several centerpieces to choose from, a variety of cuisine offerings, and a wonderful staff! I would especialliy like to thank Brittany Johnson, a Cocktails coordinator, who was instrumental in helping me make final decisions for our special day. Brittany is extremely sweet, diligent, responsive, and a great coordinator overall. She helped me feel reassured that our day would go without a glitch. Thanks so much Cocktails!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Marielhi · Married on 10/28/2017

2.5

Before booking Cocktails Catering, we had their food at a friend’s wedding prior and just fell in love with the taste! Cocktails offers such a wide variety of items on their menu. We had opportunities to taste a lot of their food and have yet to try something we don’t like! We worked closely with Alycia and Rebecca and they were wonderful in answering our many questions. We decided to have a buffet and carving station at our wedding. At the wedding, we knew we were to have a plate of appetizers for us, but the servers brought it to us while we were outside (literally still taking pictures), so we asked them to leave it in the bridal suite. When we got back to the bridal suite, there weren't any appetizers waiting for us. We kindly asked staff for a plate of appetizers and staff response that they had already tried to do it twice (they really only did once), but they will bring us a plate of food regardless. Other than that, the food tasted great and we were pleased with overall performance. We received many many compliments on how great the top round, chicken, and pasta!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Nicole · Married on 02/08/2015

Cocktails was professional throughout the entire process of planning my sister’s wedding. Their food is delicious and the service they provided day of was spectacular. The company knew the venue extremely well and was able to set up day of the wedding quickly and know exactly where to go and what to do. My only complaint is that they did not arrive at the venue at the specific time discussed. We were setting up our own centrepieces and we had to wait for them to set up the linens prior to the setting up the centrepieces. The timing worked out fine but there was a rush towards the end to get everything in order. Most importantly though, the experience for our guest was superior in regards to the food and the amazing service provided. Particularly the Bartender memorised everyone’s order and was extremely friendly! Overall I would highly recommend Cocktails for your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Angelina · Married on 10/20/2012

3.5

Cocktail Catering was amazing and definitely made the event not just an event, but my wedding! I was more than pleased with the final results of the table setup, linens, food service, and cocktail hour. This was definitely one of the biggest costs in the wedding and I was very pleased with the outstanding outcome of this pick after finding them at the one and only bridal show I attended.

They had amazing presentation, answered all of my questions, and extra flexible worth every demand and change that I may have come up with within my year of planning, tasting, and day of the event! I would definitely recommend to any and all brides to check this company put and go for it! :)

Sent on 11/13/2012

David · Married on 11/08/2014

3.0

Overall food was delicious. The were flexible and allowed me to provide the ingredients of a signature cocktail rather than paying for an entire open bar. Insist on plenty of appetizers for cocktail hour because ours apparently ran out very quickly and we had about 20 no shows to our reception. Prime rib was amazing, coconut shrimp and meatballs were delicious during tasting but we didn't get any during reception. Mahi was just ok.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/04/2016

4.2
      3.0

Cocktails catering did a wonderful job with the food. Everything tasted great. Also the service was good. The only issue we ran into, they offered us an incentive for booking on our first visit, which was champagne for the champagne toast, but they did not bring the champagne. Forgetting the champagne was not as bad as the fact that they didn't contact me afterwards about it. I was assured by the catering coordinator that night that I would hear from the office manager. I still haven't heard anything. Very unprofessional. If you go with them, check and double check your contract. Word is not bond for them.

Sent on 06/25/2016

2.0

We truly enjoyed the food but the staff asked us for more of a tip even tho what we have is what there event managers recommended..our best man had to take go to ATM at our venue to get money out!! They also did not pack up our to go meals or cake like they promised so we didn't really get to eat the food or our cake.. :(

Sent on 12/16/2013

Kristy · Married on 06/13/2015

Everyone was very nice and made my day very easy. The food was good.

Sent on 07/20/2015

3.5

I was very pleased with Cocktails for the most part. Their value cannot be beat in the Orlando area. The food was delicious and everyone commented on that. While I was doing photos a server brought appetizers to my husband and I and the staff catered to our needs throughout the evening. My only issue is that I had hired them to do setup prior to the wedding. Days before all the items were dropped off with exact instructions and pictures of how to set up. We were told repeatedly they could handle it. LIttle did I know it would take my mom and mother in law, most of my bridesmaids, and about 15 other family and friends to put everything together prior to ceremony. Even, then things did not get put out properly, my welcome cocktail was WAY late, and everyone was stressed. It got done but was not totally correct because random friends had to help without proper instructions and I spent the time waiting and being nervous alone because my mom and BM's were busy. Also, my poor mother, who should have been relaxed, was stressed out and sweating prior to the wedding. Ruined an otherwise very good review for Cocktails.

Sent on 02/18/2013

Jacqueline · Married on 05/05/2018

3.8
      3.5

Team is great! Flexible with food restrictions. Ordered our preference for vegan options and it was delicious! Knowledgeable and patient with walking you through the process.

Sent on 04/18/2018

Shelby Lublin · Married on 12/12/2018

3.6
      3.0

Booked in Paradise Cove Package, few mistakes.

The food was overall yummy at the wedding and our trial was super fun. We changed our minds on what we wanted for proteins at the trial, and unfortunately those changes were not reflected in what we got on the day. We wanted the Creamy Garlic chicken and the prime rib and we ended up getting the creamy garlic chicken and the Whiskey chicken. 2 chicken dishes!! Unfortunately the creamy chicken dish had kind of congealed by the time I ate it so we were actually happy we had the whiskey chicken there. But it was not what we ordered and it was disappointing for that reason. The linens looked good and Alycia is very sweet.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Kelsey · Married on 12/02/2017

3.4
      3.0

Cocktails was extremely helpful during the planning process. The tastings were great, and the food the day of was great as well. After the wedding however, we found out that there was absolutely no leftovers, at all. Our event planner felt absolutely awful because there wasn’t even anything to send home with my new husband and I after the reception. We called cocktails, and got a bit of a run around; having to call back a couple times. Once we were able to get in contact with someone we were transferred to the owner. We told him the situation and apparently several factors affected the lack of overage. We ordered additional food on top of the basic package, but they got the wrong numbers so there wasn’t enough for seconds or vendors. So only the basics were available to the vendors, which is fine, not a problem. However, they said there were more vendors than expected so more food went towards that. Even though, we ensured that cocktails knew our biggest concern was running out of food, and they confirmed we would have a 10% overage including the vendors. We also had a few no-shows so there should have been even more food. The owner was largely concerned with the fact that guests got food. Yes, they got most of it, not all though. The remaining food was then left out too long after the vendor meal so they had to toss everything. There was not one thing to bring back. This normally wouldn’t bother me( however, we spent a lot of money on extra food to only have it not made or thrown out because no one packed it. The owner wasn’t really understanding why we were upset and just told us the facts. Overall, great food. Their customer service is seriously lacking, and I’m still trying to figure out how they got their numbers wrong and didn’t offer compensation.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Teresa · Married on 03/24/2013

3.4
      3.5

Needless to say that after reading the reviews from this website we were quite disappointed with the quality of food and the responsiveness of the catering company. I will start with the positive...the wait staff and bartenders were fabulous and very attentive. Unfortunately, dinner was served cold...I can accept many things going wrong during a reception but when guest don't eat because their food is cold...its embarrassing. The contact person at our event was told several time that night that the food was cold and I wish I could say that the responsiveness of the catering office to this incident was one of concern for our disappointment but it was "well thank you for the feedback" What I would have really wanted to hear was "I'm sorry for your experience.......

Value should have been five stars if our our guest would have eaten their dinner.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Rachel · Married on 03/25/2017

3.2
      3.5

The food is very good and the caterers working during our reception were some of the nicest people we worked with, even bringing appetizers to the bridal party during cocktail hour photos. Leading up to the wedding there were a few issues, like us signing a contract and getting a promotional sangria station for signing, then after modifying our food selection, finding out there was actually a minimum price that we didn't meet anymore so we didn't get the promo item, along with excuses about why that information wasn't in our original contract. There were a few times it was difficult getting quick responses to questions. The cake was late getting brought out at the reception because of understaffing, I think it was bad planning on the business side, not the fault of there servers working hard all evening. I wish I had researched around more before signing on because of a good promotional!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

2.5

Easy to work with in the planning and preparation stage. Good and tasty food. However on the day of the event, they didn't fulfill all of their end of the contract: late to the venue, missing one server, delivered the wrong plates and cutlery, and a few other things. I expected more and was disappointed.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Tina · Married on 10/07/2018

3.0

I recently attended my son's wedding in Orlando. While the food was good and the staff friendly, at the end of the evening all the leftover food disappeared. They boxed up 6-8 containers of food that never made it to the people taking it home. Things happen but at $35.00/plate someone should be taking responsibility, and the caterer refused to. Not very professional in my opinion.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Cocktails Catering's reply:

Hi Tina,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. The left overs were boxed up and given to the coordinator to pack up with the gifts and other personal items. We are terribly sorry they did not make it to the assigned person.

Janaye · Married on 09/21/2019

1.0
      1.0

good customer service and bar service, but poor food quality and execution

The customer service was great and Brittany was so easy to work with (and so patient with us when we made changes)! We also heard from our guests that the bartenders did a great job! However, the food is very inconsistent. The food at our first tasting was very salty, so after expressing our concerns we went back to taste the menu again. The food was amazing the second time around and we were reassured that the seasonings they were using had been thrown out and their usual chef was back in town (presumably to do the supervising in the kitchen to grantee the right seasonings were being used and the food was being prepared properly). Unfortunately, on our wedding day, the risotto was crunchy/undercooked and the sauce on our chicken piccata was bright yellow (it was yellow the first tasting and a normal, light cream color, at the second tasting). The groom's father had to be the table's guinea pig and taste the chicken before anyone else at the table would try it! That was so embarrassing to hear from your guests. Although Cocktails has worked to make it right after the fact (with a nominal refund), I would have preferred to have better quality food at the wedding. Additionally, one of the servers chose to drop water off at our sweetheart table DURING SPEECHES. And the toast was being given right next to our table, so the crowd definitely noticed. It was very distracting for us because she kept whispering "excuse me...I'm so sorry...sorry." That task could have waited until after my matron-of-honor's speech and I'm hoping that our videographer can edit her out of the shot. Finally, we set up an appointment time (a Google calendar event was sent out by Cocktails) to pick up linens a couple days before the wedding, to make it easier for set-up the day before the wedding. No one acknowledged us when we walked in the door (even though a couple of ladies were standing around chatting), the linens were not ready for us when we arrived, and it took an extra 30 minutes out of our busy pre-wedding schedule. Plus, two of the linens we received were wrong, but I noticed before leaving the warehouse. Those couple days before the wedding are stressful enough without having to wait on linens when you have an appointment to pick them up. Overall, while we were satisfied (for the most part) with the services leading up to the wedding, we were disappointed with the execution. If we could go back, we would gone with another catering company.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Joseph · Married on 09/05/2017

2.0

If you are using this company for anything other than a wedding than I’m sure they would be fine. The food was good, but that’s all. The event manager didn’t even acknowledge me when they arrived at the venue, and continuously interrupted our guests as they were giving speeches. She gave our day of coordinator attitude from the start, and several guests came to us after the wedding about how bad her attitude was.

Sent on 10/07/2017