Coastal Provisions Reviews

43 | Kitty Hawk, NC

43 Reviews for Coastal Provisions

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2017

Brittany is AMAZING!!!! The food is delicious. Totally worth every penny we spent. Brittany is so awesome in responding back to emails quickly and being so thorough. We had Coastal Provisions cater our rehearsal and reception. We did a crab boil for the rehearsal and they came to our house. It was perfect and all of our guest really enjoyed themselves. We did BBQ for our reception. The apps were delicious. I couldn't get enough of them. I highly recommend Brittany and Coastal Provisions to anyone....not just bride and grooms.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Ella · Married on 04/22/2017

They were amazing to work with! They were so flexible and all the servers were so nice, especially through a huge storm with hail. They felt like family and the food was amazing! Everyone loved it we barely had any leftovers which was perfect! I would hire them all over again!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Brittany and her team were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I highly recommend using them for an event/wedding! She got everything together so efficiently and made me feel so at ease on my wedding day. They are professional, sweet, the food is delicious! I can't say enough good things!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Cindy · Married on 09/19/2016

We were highly satisfied! The food was delicious and the servers were great. Brittany was a big help in the planning process. She was very friendly and she responded very quickly with any questions I had. They showed up early and were willing to serve early, when we decided to move up the time of the wedding due to a storm coming in. They were very flexible and workwd with us. Thank you to the chef, and a great team. It turned out to be a great night.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Coastal Provisions's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Cindy! We are so lucky you choose us to be a part of your big day!

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

The entire staff was so amazing!!! Brittany is so great at customer service! She is willing to do whatever it takes to make everything perfect. It was easy to get in touch with her and her responses were prompt. The entire experience far exceeded any and all of my expectations! We are now avid customers and so is everyone that attended our event. We love it so much we even rode our bikes there two days later for lunch and were greeted with a warm welcome, cold beer and amazing food!!! No one will be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/17/2015

I LOVE Coastal Provisions. LOVE. Brittany not only made sure everything went flawlessly, she offered lots of options and was very flexible to help figure out how to make the day perfect. The quality of the food cannot be beat, and the relaxed and classy service made the beach wedding exactly what I dreamed. Actually - Coastal Provisions EXCEEDED my expectations. I couldn't ask for anything different or better. In fact... I ate dinner at their Oyster & Wine Bar 2 times that same week prior to my wedding. Can't get enough.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Hey Lisa!

Thank you so much for the great review! We are all so glad we could make your wedding day exactly how you wanted it!
    As always I'm here to make your Basil Hayden old fashioned next time you and Michael are in town!
    -Brittany

Erin · Married on 10/02/2015

Coastal Provisions was our choice, coming highly recommended, for our wedding caterer on the Outer Banks for our 220 person wedding at an event home in Duck. I was planning from Philadelphia and all of our guests were traveling in for our wedding. Brittany and the entire team could not have been more professional, prepared, knowledgeable, and enjoyable throughout the entire experience! I cannot say enough about Brittany, and how amazing she was to work with. Even with the day of our wedding falling on hurricane conditions, Coastal Provisions, Brittany, and the entire staff just added to a wonderful experience. Each person made our guests feel happy and welcome, truly going above and beyond. I highly recommend Coastal Provisions for all weddings and events and I am grateful for the incredible experience they provided us for our wedding!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Hi Erin!
    Thank you so much for the kind words! We are all so thankful to help play such a big roll on yours and Tommy's Wedding day! I am so glad you and everyone had a blast! Look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
    -Brittany
  • VMDIZZLE

Valarie · Married on 09/24/2015

Where do I even start with this review? Coastal Provisions was my favorite vendor from my wedding. We set up a tasting with Brittany while we were in for a wedding expo in January. When we met for our tasting she poured us a glass of wine and had samples of the food we had in mind for our wedding brought out. While we were tasting, we decided we might want to add a few things, without hesitation, she had the chefs whip us up some hush puppies and crab cakes. We were SOLD. Their BBQ pork has got to be the best I have ever tasted. We had their BBQ feast and steam pots with cesar salad and hushpuppies at our wedding. The food was AMAZING. The chef came to our vacation home and steamed all of the seafood and set up the bbq feast. We gave him a go time of 7pm and everything was ready to go right on time. I got to meet him as we were leaving and thank him for an awesome job. When the only thing left the next day was a little bit of slaw and potato salad, you know it was a good event. My guests couldn't stop raving about the food. I am so glad we went with Coastal Provisions for our wedding and I cannot wait to go back and eat at their restaurant.

As far as Brittany, she's awesome. Very prompt with returning emails and worked with me to create the perfect menu for my event.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Carol Ann · Married on 09/19/2015

Fine dining, professional staff, and elegant decor. Coastal’s catering manager Brittany, is an experienced professional planner. She was present from start to finish, providing personalized service every step of the way. She had the ability to see our vision and plan perfectly for our special day. Professional detailed proposals were provided in writing and were modified each time we requested a change. Brittany orchestrated every detail perfectly, our guests were pampered with personal attention and wonderful tasting experiences. The owner created a custom menu from scratch, with fine plated entree choices including local fresh catch. Our guests are still raving about the five star dining experience!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Karen · Married on 06/19/2015

We held our rehearsal dinner at Coastal Provision and could not have selected a more perfect place.

Brittany and the staff at CP were attentive and a delight to work with. I dropped everything off with Brittany earlier in the day and when we arrived after the rehearsal, all the tables were set up and arranged just as we had discussed.

We had a rather large party (50 guests) but all the food was served at the same time and it was all hot and delicious! The kitchen was even kind enough to hold two plates for our guests who were stuck in traffic.

The venue was cozy and romantic and the food and beverage options were spot on. The crab cake bites should not be missed!

It is the perfect venue for any special occasion gathering.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Dave · Married on 06/06/2015

We could not have been more happy with Coastal Provisions! They catered both our rehearsal dinner at Pelican's Landing and our wedding. Brittany and the staff were absolutely amazing and professional! In particular, Brittany went out of her way to make everything look perfect and happily made adjustments when the weather got bad. We highly recommend Coastal Provisions and fully enjoyed working with them. The food was spectacular and people are still talking about the amazing raw bar from our wedding three months later. If you are considering a wedding in the OBX, Coastal Provisions should be the first place you look!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Cindy · Married on 05/16/2015

An absolute great place to have a wedding rehearsal dinner. Food amazing, service amazing and such a personal touch to the entire event. You don't have to worry about anything, Brittany will take care of everything for you, even if you are far away. She discusses and sets the stage for everything that can happen and even things you may not think of. They work with you on special requests, i.e. like vegetarian dishes, and the service is great as well. I couldn't have been more pleased! I received a lot of feedback after the dinner, and everyone said how great the food was and how our dinner was their favorite part of the wedding. Great atmosphere, elegant but at the same time very relaxing, great food, great flexibility and great service. Kudos to Brittany for helping us pull everything off, she's the best! Highly recommend Coastal Provisions to any wedding party :)

Sent on 05/27/2015

Grace · Married on 05/02/2015

Coastal Provisions is a great company/restaurant run by amazing people and was the best pick for my wedding! From the friendly wait staff, to the staff who are just on top of their pieces of expertise, including the chef! The food was amazing!! My guests are still raving about the Potato Au Gratin and the friendly bartenders! Brittany was great to work with, she was on top of all of the details and made sure she understood what you wanted and was a huge help. It was cold the day of the wedding and the wait staff brought down some appetizers and drinks for my wedding party who were hanging in there for our formal pictures on the beach. All the staff were dressed nicely and were kind catering to my guests requests. There were some small special touches that were not unnoticed!! Thank you for making our forever memories beautiful!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Steph · Married on 04/11/2015

Brittany was absolutely incredible to work with!!! From emails to meeting face to face and up to the day of; she worked hard to make sure everything was planned perfectly. Food was delicious!!! Every guest said how great it was and the service was 100% on top of everything!!!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Katy · Married on 09/27/2014

For our informal beach wedding, we knew that we wanted to get fun and easy food that everyone would enjoy that wouldn't break out wallet. My grandmother (who was helping to plan the wedding) had found Coastal Provisions. Their menu was exactly what we were looking for! During the planning process, they were very laid back and accommodating! We had changed the delivery time several times and each time it was no problem. I also had called with some questions and they were happy to answer. On the day of the wedding, the food arrived with ease and was delicious! It was a big hit with our guests.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Coastal catered our rehearsal dinner and it was amazing! Everyone was raving about the food! They were accommodating and easy to work with when planning our menu. We had more than enough food that we saved and had again the day after the wedding for everyone. I'd highly recommend Coastal!

Sent on 11/24/2014

When we first started this process, we were consider two major caterers. We can't be happier with the group we selected. From the tasting with the owner, to having Nina help us throughout the process and ensure things would be sufficient, it was a great experience. I would recommend Coastal Provisions to EVERYONE who is considering a wedding in the Outer Banks. Check the out FIRST and you'll be satisfied. The others try to sell you, were not responsive and honestly lacked courtesy in some cases as if they were bothered. Coastal was awesome, accomplished whatever you needed, provided a great staff and was just purely great people.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and helpful.

Sent on 10/07/2012
  • O

Colleen · Married on 06/02/2012

Amazing food, amazing service!!!! Coastal Provisions Catering actually was part of my venue (Pelican's Landing) and I'm soo glad that they were! Their food is absolutely delicious and was served steaming hot. I worked with Nina to plan our wedding menu and they were great in recommending food for us that would work with our time/season of our wedding while also matching our personally likes in taste of food. They were extremely flexible in the menu and working with last minute adjustments (adding and deleting guests).

I highly recommend them for your catering and service for any event - you won't be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Lee Elizabeth · Married on 04/07/2012

Nina at Coastal Provisions Market in Southern Shores, NC was our point of contact for our Bridal Luncheon. They were able to exceed our expectations and stay within our budget. They worked really well with arranging our tables to fit 24 people. The food was superb and the glasses of mimosas were never empty. They allowed us to bring in our own decorations and decorate the way we wanted to and made the space feel like our own. We were able to communicate our wishes from out of state with no problem!

Sent on 05/13/2012
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2011

CPM was the best vendor to work with! We were so incredibly happy with their service and delicious food! We cannot say enough about how awesome they are. I would highly recommend working with them for any catering needs! Every member of the staff was fantastic and extremely accommodating! They worked really hard to help us with whatever they could and they made our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception wonderful! I would highly recommend working with them and eating at all of their establishments whenever you can!!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Marni · Married on 10/23/2010

Scott and Dan were amazing at working within our budget, and since I have a gluten intolerance, they made sure that I could eat nearly everything at the wedding! (My husband really wanted crabcakes, so we made those non-gluten-free.) ;) They went out of their way to have a special mustard for the mustard slaw that accompanied our main course of pulled pork (with gluten-free BBQ sauce!) and saw to it that all of our seafood appetizers were made with wheat-free soy sauce. And all of it was absolutely delicious! No one else knew it was gluten-free! Mexican Cokes were also a big hit. Their staff was wonderful and courteous, and had a plate of food brought to my husband and I while our after-ceremony photos were being taken, as well as having a plate left in our room for the end of the night. We actually got to eat our food - and it was amazing! Thanks, Scott and Dan!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Michele · Married on 05/17/2009

Everything was wonderful. Amazing food and great service. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/11/2009

Daphne · Married on 10/13/2008

Delicious food! Excellent service! Wonderful staff!

Nina and Scott from CPM were outstanding! Nina was always very responsive and organized - overall, she was great to work with. Scott and his cooking staff were also tremendous. They went out of their way to build us a menu that we couldn't find anywhere else in the Outer Banks. Since we had been looking for food with an Asian flair, we were very limited in our catering selection. We went to CPM first and they set the bar very, very high. Scott whipped up 7 dishes for our tasting that exactly met our criteria. Not only did they have the Asian flavors we were looking for, but they were also delicious!

Figuring out the final menu took a little bit, but working with Nina was so easy. She made sure to keep track of all the changes and once we got our final headcount, she helped us finalize the both the servings and our rental needs (which was critical for us).

Even if CPM isn't exactly what you're looking for in a wedding caterer, I highly recommend going in there for their prepared food section. All of the food is delicious, but I particularly recommend their BrieLT sandwich - it's heavenly!!

Sent on 10/28/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2016

Brittany and her team from Coastal Provisions were great. We had to use Coastal Provisions because we booked Pelican's Landing for our venue, but they did a great job. Their catering menu had a wide variety of prices ranges, which was helpful for our budget. We did a taste testing right away and their food was fantastic. It was definitely the quality of the food that sold us, as well as the fact that we could do a tasting before committing to the venue and paying a deposit. Food was one of the most important parts of our wedding so having good food was make or break for us and Coastal Provisions lived up to our original expectations. They accommodated special orders and allergies without a problem. Their day of execution seemed seamless to us, so there wasn't any stress that might come from a caterer arriving late or without the correct equipment, dishes, etc. Everything looked beautiful and was so enjoyable.

Sent on 09/13/2016