90 Reviews for Mystic Seaport

Buffet (1)
Stations (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Tent Accessories (1)

Coastal Gourmet made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Jenna was a fantastic coordinator with an impeccable eye for detail and a true talent for making sure our celebration went off seamlessly. CJ, our bridal attendant, was a true super star. She made us feel so comfortable and well taken of. CJ anticipated our every need before we ever had to make a request. The staff at mystic was absolutely phenomenal in every way. The space could not have been more beautiful and elegantly decorated. We cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. Everything was fantastic from the start of planning to the end of night!! They helped us pull off one epic wedding that our guests will talking about for years to come.

Profile Picture Katie, 3/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the instant we met Jenna until the end of a magical evening, Coastal Gourmet/Lattitude 41 was top notch. The venue is lovely, the food was amazing and the service was outstanding. Would not hesitate to recommend Coastal Gourmet/Lattitude41.

Profile Picture Tricia, 2/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so happy we decided to have our ceremony at the Greenmanville Church and our reception at Latitude 41 this past December. It was wonderful to work with Jenna throughout the planning process, and we and our guests were thrilled with the venue, food, and staff.

Profile Picture Julie, 12/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Michael and his staff of coastal gourmet were incredible. They catered our daughters wedding on 11/11/17 and the food was amazing!! Michael was so flexible with menu changes and additions right up until the last week of the wedding. I cannot say enough great things. If I could rate 10 stars I would!!

Profile Picture LORI, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My fiancé and I could not think of a better venue than the River Room at Latitude 41 and Coastal Gourmet was amazing at providing exceptional food and service. Everyone commented how delicious the food was, we did plated dinners and the beef was medium rare, hot, delicious. The cedar plank salmon was also soooo tasty. And all the apps were good, we had trouble deciding what to pick at the tasting! All the staff was friendly and worked hard to make sure everyone was taken care of. Our coordinator Jenna Landon was so amazing that I felt like I hired her to be my personal wedding coordinator. I could go on and on!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

We had the best experience with Coastal Gourmet at Mystic Seaport. To start, the food was.... amazing! We heard wonderful feedback from our guests about the hors d'oeuvres and their meals (bistro steak, chicken Francais, vegetarian pasta),even weeks after the event. Our wedding planner Jenna was so organized. She made this very crazy process as simple as it could possibly be. She mapped out everything for us from start to finish and every single little detail in-between. She is very creative and has such an eye for wedding beauty. Jenna offered her opinion when asked but still allowed me to create my own wedding vision.
Coastal Gourmet was very flexible in allowing us to create the menu that fit our wants and financial needs.The staff in general was awesome- very friendly and accomodating. I can't say enough about our experience at the mystic seaport!!

Profile Picture kate, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at Latitude 41 on July 7th, 2017, and it was hands-down the best day of our lives, thanks to this beautiful venue and professional staff.
PLANNING: The planning process was seamless working with Jenna Landon who is their coordinator. During planning meetings, we sometimes came "unprepared" and she offered many helpful ideas. She responded quickly to emails, and even last minute requests. Jenna is a consummate professional. Simply put, she gets the job done. Our event was literally flawless thanks to her hard work, attentiveness, and impeccable eye for detail.
VENUE: If you visit the venue you will see that the setting is beautiful. The North Lawn is a gorgeous stretch of green grass that they keep pristine. The morning and afternoon of our wedding saw several inches of rain, and still, the lawn was dry and ready for guests when they arrived. The River Room has a lot of character (in a good way!) and the setup (including bar, dance floor, and cocktail hour) was perfect.
STAFF: Wonderful!
FOOD: We had heard the food was good, and had tasted it and thought it was delicious as well, but are always skeptical of "wedding venue food." However, it did not disappoint. We thought the food was even better on the day of our wedding than when we had done a tasting. Our guests raved about their steak and salmon, and the apps (none of these were "upgrades" to the menu).
ADVICE: Add an extra half an hour to the event (we did and it was well worth it!) and rent the North Lawn!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up

Our wedding at Latitude 41 was more perfect than we could have ever imagined. Where to begin? Jenna, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing. She was there every step of the way from booking, detail appointments, to the day of coordinating vendors and help, she was always there to answer any questions., offer ideas and opinions, which we really valued. Jenna was professional and easy to work with. I didn't have to worry the day of my wedding knowing Jenna was on top of it and wouldn't let anything go wrong...she is every bride's dream coordinator. The day of staff catered to our every need. They provided smiling faces and five star service to every single one of our guests. The food was DELICIOUS, from apps to our raw bar to entrees, we received such great feedback from our guests. The list of menu choices is so extensive and fits every type of eater. We had something for everyone! The location is breath taking and served as the most perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception inside the River Room. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Coastal Gourmet and highly recommend them!!! From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU JENNA, COASTAL GOURMET, and LATITUDE 41 !

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception in the River Room at Latitude 41 on Mystic Seaport on March 11, 2017, and our event planner was the fabulous Jenna Landon. And can I just start by saying that it was The Perfect wedding reception. It was such a wonderful, magical evening that could only be described as absolute perfection. I was honestly speechless when I walked into the River Room for the first time. Jenna took our vision and brought it to life, even more beautiful and wonderful than we could have ever imagined. We still are in awe of how perfect everything was. Every little detail was so thought out. From the gorgeous decor, to the impeccable service, to the delicious food. My dad still insists that was the best steak he has ever had in his life (cracked pepper and rosemary crusted filet). Similar compliments were echoed by many guests. Jenna took all of our silly requests, like an outdoor seating area in the winter, a coat attendant, and specific liquors for the bar, and just made it happen. She also helped us find all of our other talented vendors. Aside from how beautiful it was, the evening went off without a hitch. It flowed absolutely perfectly. Literally nothing went wrong the entire day into the night, aside from the freezing cold weather which was obviously out of their control haha. My husband and I could not be more happy and more grateful. It made me so happy when I arrived at the venue and Jenna came up to me with a huge smile on her face and said, "Well do you want to see the room?" She just looked so happy and anxious to show me, and I appreciate her excitement and passion. She is so talented and good at what she does. She made perfection, and we can never thank her enough. Working with Jenna, Coastal Gourmet, and Latitude was such a easy and pleasurable experience. They were all extremely professional, attentive, and easy to get a hold of with questions or concerns. I wish we could do it again year after year. Epic evening and epic party.

Profile Picture Katherine, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Coastal Gourmet was absolutely incredible. Kimberly was a dream to work with—she made every part of the planning, from the initial meeting to the cleanup after the event, stress-free for me and perfect. Not only that, but she did it with my husband and I living on the other side of the country. She is a phenom.

The food was fantastic. Not only did Coastal Gourmet put up a delicious rehearsal dinner for us with great options for our vegetarian and omnivorous guests alike, the chefs also created an entire vegan "global cuisines" buffet for our special day. They are not a vegetarian catering company, of course, but the chef outdid himself creating a custom menu for us. Every guest (including the most committed carnivores) said the food was outstanding. The chef even hand-made some 300 pierogies, which earned an enthusiastic seal of approval from all of my Polish relatives. We loved everything the chef prepared, from the appetizers to the stir fry, and it was all such a huge hit with our guests.

Furthermore, the wait staff and bartenders, as well as my personal attendant, were a dream and made the wedding itself run so smoothly. Everyone was incredibly professional, efficient, and kind.

Oh, and the wedding took place during a surprise blizzard...and even so, thanks to Coastal Gourmet, everything went off without a hitch.

Do yourself a favor and work with Coastal Gourmet. It was the best decision we made; we owe them a tremendous debt of gratitude for making our wedding a magical (and delicious!) experience.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I absolutely loved working with Alyson and her staff! They were amazing and worked everything to the last detail. Through the food tasting to the tour, it was amazing. Alyson and Sharon took the time and sat down with me prior to the wedding to go over exactly what I wanted the day of and to inventory my decorations. I would definitely use coastal gourmet and the seaport again for anything!

Profile Picture Jillian, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Michael and everyone at Coastal Gourmet were amazing! We had our rehearsal dinner at Latitude 41 and it was a beautiful evening. The food and the space upstairs were perfect for it! Our wedding was at Saltwater Farm Vineyard on 10/29 and we couldn't have been happier - it was amazing! Cocktail hour was held on the back patio and the food was amazing - all the stations were set up to ensure everyone flowed and didn't get stuck while getting food. We did the mash potato bar and everyone is STILL talking about how much they loved it! The reception wasn't any different - it was perfect. The salad, entree options and desserts were sooooooo delicious and again, all of our guests are still talking about how good the food was! Michael was so easy to work with throughout the planning process and helped us navigate through the whole thing. He was a huge help with crafting our menu and our day and it was a pleasure working with him and the rest of the Coastal staff. They truly made our entire wedding weekend special!!! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My Husband and I got married in October at the Boat Shed. When I first toured the Seaport grounds the year prior, I knew that I wanted to have my wedding there, it was such a unique venue! Jenna took my mom, aunt and I on our first tour of the grounds, and then worked with me throughout my planning to make my day perfect. Jenna is awesome! She is super organized, knowledgeable and very responsive. She always returned my calls and emails promptly, and really put me at ease through wedding planning.
The day of our wedding, unfortunately the weather didn't fully cooperate, but Alyson, who worked with us the day of, made sure the tents were set up as they should be, and when we had a problem with one of the heaters we had rented, she was right on it, and had it fixed promptly!
Everyone who came to the wedding raved about the setting and the food! We had a hard time choosing what to serve, because Coastal Gourmet has so many delicious options! We ended up doing a station style wedding and everyone loved the variety. While we didn't get the chance to sit much during our wedding, Alyson made sure to pack some up for us to take home.
If you're looking for a beautiful, unique setting for your wedding you should absolutely chose the Seaport and the team from Coastal Gourmet!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor

We had our reception here in September and it was amazing. Our event planner went above and beyond in making sure our special day was perfect. She was always reachable and responded very quickly to all our questions and emails. Everyone was extremely professional, very approachable and kind to our guests. They were able to accommodate all of our guests needs and make last minute adjustments for us. The venue was beautiful, very clean, and had an amazing of view of the water. We couldn't be happier with the way the reception turned out. Also, being a gay couple we were a little worried, but it was a non-issue with everyone we interacted with. They made us feel very comfortable and at ease, and it really enabled us to enjoy the day as any other couple would.

Profile Picture User7252025, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alyson and the entire group at Coastal Gourmet did an outstanding job with out wedding. We were married on the North Lawn and held our reception there as well. From beginning to end Alyson was there to answer any and all questions we had, and had a plan for everything before we had even thought of it. The food and drinks were both wonderful as well. Coastal Gourmet partners with Creative Cakes by Donna; an excellent choice as well. Our cake was fantastic. I cant say enough good things about Coastal Gourmet and Latitude 41. The setting is so picturesque and their service will make your wedding day the best day of your life!

Profile Picture Hunter, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jenna and the Coastal Gourmet team did a phenomenal job with our wedding!!! We were so thrilled with Jenna's diligence to make our vision come to life and she consistently went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We were so lucky to have her part of the wedding. As a caterer, Coastal Gourmet is top notch, having previously attended one of their weddings. The food was amazing, people are still commenting on how good everything tasted, cooked to perfection, and exactly as we wanted. The Boatshed at Mystic Seaport provided the perfect idyllic setting and evening could not have been better because of Jenna and the Coastal Gourmet team. The caterers are highly professional, dressed as we desired, courteous and respectful. Bartenders poured a great mixed drink, were knowledgeable and worked quickly to minimize any rush at the bar. CJ, the bridal assistant was an invaluable part of the team and kept me moving, helped me get ready, bustled my dress, kept me and the wedding party hydrated and fed during photos and kept the process moving so we could enjoy the great night celebrating. Thank you so much to the whole Coastal Gourmet team that made our wedding so great. We highly recommend anyone in need of a team that goes above and beyond catering needs to consider Jenna and her team.

Anthony and Emily (8/27/16 - The Boatshed at Mystic Seaport)

Profile Picture Emily, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing view , amazing staff , amazing food! We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Profile Picture Caroline, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

When we visited Latitude 41, we immediately knew this was the venue for us. We had our ceremony on the North Lawn and reception inside the River Room. It was absolutely gorgeous. Besides the aesthetics, our wedding coordinator Jenna was incredibly flexible, responsive, and well-organized. She gave us honest advice and made sure our day was exactly our vision: from the food to the floor plan to individual candles. We spent our whole honeymoon talking about how perfect our day was!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We hosted a welcome party at the River Room the night before the wedding and had an amazing experience! Everything was excellent - setting, venue, food, and staff. I highly recommend this venue and Coastal Gourmet!!

Profile Picture User6086910, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married at Mystic Seaport this June and could not be happier. We had our ceremony on the North Lawn and reception in the River Room. There are a few location options on site but we loved our choice because it was a great indoor/outdoor flow. Cocktail hour was held on the patio and after dinner guests were able to grab some fresh air on the patio as well. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day, and let's face it, everybody is happy on their wedding day, but our day could NOT have been better. Our coordinator, Jenna Landon, was awesome since they day we booked the venue. She was always professional, organized and attentive. I admittedly wasn't the most organized bride during the planning process but she was always patient and had a great attitude during the whole process. They offered a lot of flexibility with the menus, general setup and extras. You really can't go wrong with menu options because the chef and restaurant our totally on point. I'm a vegetarian and Jenna was quick to point out if their were any meal items that I should look out for. As everyone told us, your wedding night will fly by but you won't want to miss out on your dinner. We still regret not wrapping up a few of the risotto cakes for later in the night! Also, "wedding food" is commonly sub-par or what I like to refer to as "banquety" but our guests are literally still raving about the food. We took our photos throughout the seaport grounds prior to the ceremony and our bridal attendant, MJ, was so great at keeping up with our wild wedding party. She was also very helpful at the end of the night when we had to pack up all our decor. One thing I'll note, is be sure to have a few members of the wedding party stay behind after the last dance to gather all the centerpieces and decor. To sum it up, it was awesome and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture keren, 6/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Deciding to use Coastal Gourmet and Mystic Seaport was by far the best decision we could have made. We were married one the North Lawn and had our reception in the River Room at Latitude 41. Jenna was very prompt in responding to every question I came up with, regardless of how big or small, and made the entire process much less stressful than it could have been. She made the vision that I had of our wedding day into a reality, and I can never express how much that makes the experience so much more worthwhile.

The entire Coastal Gourmet staff was incredible. Our bridal attendant, Sam, went above and beyond from the moment we met her at the Seaport to take photos before the ceremony. She was attentive to our every need and anticipated things before we even had the chance to ask for it. The bartender knew my drink order after just asking once and had them ready for me every time she saw me.

Our guests still keep telling us how great everything was, from the food and location to the staff and layout. I cannot say enough good things Latitude 41, Mystic Seaport, Coastal Gourmet and their staff. Highly recommend them all!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Living 3 hours away in NJ, planning a wedding in Mystic was a daunting task. However, Alyson and the staff at CG made the process enjoyable. Alyson was available to answer all of my questions, and always did so promptly and professionally. The day of went so smoothly thanks to Jenna and all of the CG staff. The food was amazing, they worked wonders with my decor, and the staff was friendly and professional. The bartender kept my drink filled all night, my bridal attendant made sure I had everything I needed, and gave me pep talks before the ceremony as she noticed me getting nervous. I cannot stress enough that choosing CG and the Seaport for our wedding was the best decision!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer

I have hired Coastal Gourmet to cater my wedding. Kim there has been absolutely wonderful I cannot thank her enough. They do everything for you from the cake, to the food (which is superb), to the alcohol/bar tenders/waitstaff, to all rentals, to every single item I could want. All I had to do was the flowers!

Profile Picture User6055164, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Chairs, Decor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

I had the most amazing wedding at Mystic Seaport! The Coastal Gourmet team were fantastic. They are so professional and easy to work with. Alyson helped us with every detail and made planning a breeze. Kim was our day of coordinator and she put everything together beautifully. Kristen was also a big help during our photographs!

Our guests are still taking about how gorgeous our location was. We had he ceremony in the Greenmanville Church and the reception in the River Room. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful, especially at the cocktail hour. Guest were so impressed with the hot cider waiting for them after the reception.

Mystic Seaport is the perfect place for a wedding and with Coastal Gourmet you will be in the best hands! Thank you all again!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Centerpieces, Dance Floor, Tables, Linens, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings