Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs Reviews

36 | Bluffton, SC

36 Reviews for Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs

Erica · Married on 10/10/2015

Barbie was a hoot to work with for over a year while I planned my Beaufort, SC wedding from Ohio. I met with several florists before being referred to CCF. I did not really know how to communicate my vision but after talking with Barbie for a short period of time, she just got it. From that point she had sooo many great ideas and suggestions to make my vision work. At the last minute, she threw together some flowers for my rehearsal dinner as well. She has that Southern Charm that makes the Low Country so wonderful. She was very reasonably priced and she was always so sweet and professional (even with a 45 minute away delivery). My bouquet, bridesmaids’ bouquets, wristlets for the Moms/special guests and the boutonnieres for the men were simply amazing. Most of all, when I walked into the reception venue, I was in awe of how perfect her arrangements were and how she nailed everything about what I had envisioned. Her creations were full and vibrant- they were absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Awe, thank you so much, Erica - you were sooo wonderful to work with! I'm thrilled that you were happy with your wedding flowers and that your day was wonderful - you deserve it! Love truly is something to celebrate, and I wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Barbie and CCF Designs are a wonderful choice for your wedding. Barbie can work with any budget and make the flowers look fabulous! Barbie is not only talented but thoughtful. The day I visited CCF Designs to determine if I would use them, Barbie needed to take just a moment's break from our conversation to give a local gentleman a stack of business cards she had printed for him using her own money. (He was older & rode his bicycle to do handyman jobs in the neighborhood.) Upon witnessing her thoughtfulness and talent for working with flowers, I knew she was the right choice for my daughter's wedding. True enough, she made everything beautiful!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Wow - I don't even know what to say....I teared up when I read this!!! This is how I want to be remembered after I'm gone!!! You were so wonderful to work with!!! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of such a big day!!!!

Melainie · Married on 08/23/2014

I selected CCF Designs to do my flowers for my 10th Wedding Anniversary where we going to actually renew our vows. It was a casual beach vow renewal with a oceanfront reception. I was looking for something very simply. I spoke to Barbie and told her my colors and what I was looking for and when they arrived that day they were perfect. Thanks again for everything!!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Melainie, you were an absolute gorgeous bride!!!! You're beautiful inside and out, and it was an honor and a pleasure to be chosen to provide the flowers for your wedding!!! Love you, girl!
  • F

fred · Married on 03/01/2014

barbi, the owner, provided my wife and i with a floral service that cannot be put into words alone.....
    flowers are the beautification of any event, and when you couple that with a personality that exudes happiness, joy, care, concern, and professionalism, there belies an unbeatable and never found success at this level......

simply stated......she is the best in the business......would i use her service again??????? absolutely, without question......

every bride to be, or special event requirement, must try barbies expertise.......fred cerra....

Sent on 09/18/2014

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

You're the best!!!! I'll jump at any chance to provide flowers for that sweet girl of yours!!!! It's an honor, and a pleasure!

Barbie and CCF Designs were an absolute joy to work with. She took all of my ideas, provided thoughtful feedback and alternatives, and worked within the budget. Barbie made our day extra beautiful with her arrangements, and her smile. I would recommend CCF Designs without hesitation to anyone looking for unique and creative floral designs from a warm, talented, passionate vendor.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Kim · Married on 04/06/2013

I had a wonderful experience with CCF. Barbie Turner was amazing and made my wedding day a day Ill never forget. The flowers were gorgeous. Everything was fresh and done perfectly! I never had to worry about the flowers. Barbie was very professional and extremely helpful. I couldnt have done it without her. Thank you to CCF and Barbie Turner for making my wedding day beautiful! You are definitely THE BEST!! God bless!!

Kim Clark

Sent on 04/18/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Oh, Kim, your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and I'm honored to have been a part of it!!! You are such a sweetheart!!! I hope to see you out here on the East Coast again soon!!!

Jess · Married on 03/16/2013

Barbie was our floral consultant!!! She was AMAZING!!!!---very knowledgeable about everything, very prompt, and she went above and beyond what she was contracted to do. I would definitely recommend her!!! Our wedding turned out beautiful and photos turned out gorgeous---and I really think it had to do with our floral arrangements being the backdrop for our awesome day!! I definitely want everyone to know about CCF Designs and Barbie!!! Highly recommend!!! :)

Sent on 04/02/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

The two of you are such an amazing couple (and tons of fun!!!) that I'm just so blessed to have gotten to know!!! I'd love to celebrate every year with you!!!

Suzanne · Married on 11/24/2012

CCF Designs was incredibly flexible, and they worked well with my budget. I was thrilled with my bouquet and the table arrangements. They really captured the theme of the wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Thank you Suzanne! You were an absolutely stunning bride and I loved the feel of your wedding - I also loved all of the wonderful things your mom made to help drive home the Low Country feel!!! Having special things made by family really brings your personality in and makes the day extra special! Congratulations you guys!!!

Megan · Married on 11/17/2012

CCF Designs, and specifically Barbie Turner, were truly wonderful. Barbies' skills are impeccable and they exceeded any expectations I had. Weddings are stressful but as soon as I saw the bouquets and boutonnieres, I suddenly felt better. I received so many compliments on the centerpieces and bouquets. I would most definitely recommend CCF Designs to anyone looking for an amazing service!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Megan, I was so far over the moon to work on your wedding mostly because of how deeply in love you and Dan are!!! I loved the romantic feel that that encompassed the entire day!!! I wish the both of you a lifetime of love and happiness!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2012

My flowers were gorgeous! I was so happy with how they turned out. Jackie & Barbie listened to what type of flowers I like and don't like and came up with the perfect arrangements. They were exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Jennifer, we were so honored to be a part of your wedding! Just being on the Island makes me emotional! You were an absolutely STUNNING bride!!! You have amazing taste - your bouquet was one of my favorites this year; we even ordered a canvas print from your wedding for the studio! Best wishes to you and Mike for a lifetime of love and happiness!

Sue · Married on 05/26/2012

Barbie was an absolute joy to work with! Not only did she create a magnificent brooch bouquet for me (that I am able to cherish forever), she went well above and beyond in helping me make decisions, spent a lot of her time shopping for just the right jewelry for our pieces, and delivered everything so I could focus on other tasks. Since my wedding Barbie and my family have developed a close friendship and that to me is the true test of a devoted florist! She is the best, by far, in the Lowcountry!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Sue, you have know idea how much I loved that bouquet!!! It was really hard to hand it over to you! What's even more special though is having a chance to know you and Gene!!! I look forward to seeing you both again soon!!!

Alison · Married on 05/19/2012

Barbie was fantastic to work with! She was extremely patient and flexible with our planning, and provided beautiful flowers. My bouquet was EXACTLY what I wanted and I loved it! With other situations, where I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted (aisle markers!) she was able to take my random ideas and the general theme of our wedding and just run with it! The outcome was better than I could have imagined. She was also able to incorporate lemons into our yellow themed centerpieces, just as I wanted. She even suggested some lovely touches to the venue that I would have never considered, such as decorating the outside railings. Knowing that we had a limited budget, she made great suggestions for getting the most out of our flowers. Overall, I was extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Barbie Turner and CCF Designs!!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Oh, Alison, I just loved working with you!!! Honestly, I was a little nervous providing the wedding flowers for the only daughter of a fellow florist!!! P.S. I have a couple of pictures of some alligators that swam up to the bank to watch your ceremony!!! Gotta love the Low Country!

Julia · Married on 04/14/2012

Couldn't have asked for a better florist . She was amazing
    Took my dream and turned it into fruition!
    Thank you Barbie for addin to my dream wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Julia, I have 2 words - PALM ROSES! I was so happy and excited to design for a true Low Country Wedding, complete with sea palm roses and sweet grass baskets! I loved that your Mother was involved in the design for your wedding as well; she was such a gem to work with. After all, weddings are a family affair!!! Congratulations Sweetie!

Barbie created beautiful designs that fit my classic southern theme perfectly! She drove to Charleston from her home base of serving the Bluffton/Savannah/Hilton Head area to accomodate us, and she even signed our marriage license (as a notary public). Thank you, Barbie!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Thank you so much! You have impeccable taste, which made my job very, very easy. I was born in Charleston, South Carolina and it has a very special place in my heart. You and Adam are such a beautiful couple. I was happy to sign your marriage license. I'm just so happy that your Grandpa was able to travel here and perform the ceremony. The fact that they were able to use your ceremony arrangements the next day for Easter Sunday service was just the icing on the cake. Just sooo "you"!

Angela · Married on 10/01/2011

Barbie did an amazing work for my small beach wedding! Friendly, efficient & affordable! Couldnt have asked for more beautiful bouquets and flowers for my cake!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Thank you Angela! The backdrop of your Fripp Island wedding was almost as gorgeous as you were that day!!! You have pictures that should be in a magazine!!!

Jeanne · Married on 09/10/2011

Barbie Turner, owner of 'Mostly Weddings' designed and created the floral centerpieces and wedding ceremony decor for our son and daughter-in-law's 9.10.11 wedding in Bluffton, SC. Her creations, service, responsiveness and professionalism exceeded our expectations. It was a stunning and joyous wedding.

We contacted Barbie over a year ago since we were planning the destination wedding from a distance in Chicago. We did not have the on-the-ground knowledge of local vendors so we proceeded very cautiously as we selected them. Discouraged with a floral vendor quote that was twice our stated budget, we phoned Barbie and even from that first conversation, we felt we were in the hands of a vendor who would provide high quality service and respect our budget.

Barbie graciously made herself available for planning meetings during our limited visits to Bluffton and she was an invaluable counselor for the entire look and design of the wedding. She worked tirelessly with us to ensure that the centerpieces reflected the exact design that the bride envisioned - even willingly creating two prototypes so we could see one on the table in the venue.

Barbie partnered with us in so many ways to ensure that the outdoor ceremony decor would be both practical and beautiful. Likewise, she was instrumental in helping us develop a rain back-up plan - which thankfully was not needed! - and this was an enormous stress reducer.

She instantly grasped our desire to funnel the bulk of the budget into the flowers themselves and worked hard to find beautiful and affordable containers that allowed the flowers to 'shine'. When we were able to locate and purchase an arch and urns for the ceremony, Barbie applauded our cost-saving efforts and happily went about designing a plan to decorate them with her flowers.

Being long distance wedding planners, we were especially pleased that Barbie concentrated soley and completely on OUR wedding for an entire week - no floral shop to run, no other committments to distract her in the run-up to our event. She was calm, creative, pleasant and, her flowers and wedding decor exceeded our expectations.

Barbie exudes joy in her chosen profession and she clearly cared as much as we did that the outcome was exactly as we had hoped. For these reasons, we recommend Barbie without reservation.

Sincerely,
    Jeanne Lane

Sent on 09/19/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2011

I truly believe Barbie deserves 6 stars! She met the 5 that all brides hope for and went so far above and beyond, it to this day amazes me. I have planned wedding with 5 friends now (1 at this moment) and oh how I wish they lived in SC so they could have Barbie too.
    I got married on 9-10-11 and the bouquets that Barbie brought into the room for myself and my bridesmaids were more that I had asked for (and I had a very particular idea in my mind). We all stood with admiring eyes and jaws dropped. The funny thing about this moment was that I ran to Barbie and hugged her, taking my eyes off of my amazing bouquet to thank a vendor that had become a friend in this process. I am here to tell you it was not this way with other vendors, and the relationship Barbie created with me, I am confident she takes the time to create with all of her brides, is so unique and special. Aside from getting everything and more that you have hoped for and wished for on your day, you will have a friendly face that you have grown to really know running around “setting YOUR stage” and you will not for a moment need to run into the room to make sure it is what you want. Barbie knew me so well by my wedding day because she was always available by text, email, calls, meetings, and texting photos. I was a bride in Chicago and Barbie was the one vendor that I felt was in Chicago with me. I did not feel the distance at all. Her constant communication and availability made this happen!
    I Thank Barbie for the day she created for me. Every room was filled with her little touches, things I did not even think of. I Thank Barbie for not only making my day but also for the entire 12 months prior to my wedding day that she was in contact with me, listened to me, worked with me, offered her creative ideas and experience to make my day better. She got to know me as a person so that on my day … she was the one person I trusted 110% because I knew she knew me and her skills and experience would combine with her knowledge of who I was to execute a look and feel that was all I had wished for and more. 6 stars Barbie! I can not Thank you enough! So beautiful!! The Arbor, the centerpieces, the bouquets, the chandelier, and everything else you touched with your one of a kind creativity and beauty! Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Debbie · Married on 08/27/2011

Barbie did an amazing job providing beautiful flowers for my daughter, jenn's wedding! Barbie was very easy to work with ! She offered us great suggestions and listened & honored the things that were very important & special to Jenn! I would highly recommend Barbie, and will definitely use her if my other 3 daughters get married Inge Hilton Head area!:)

Sent on 05/12/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Thank you so much Debbie!!! You and Jenn were wonderful to work with. She's was just as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside on her wedding day!!!

Krista · Married on 06/03/2011

I planned my wedding out of town and discussed my flower arrangements over the phone with Barbie! She was absolutely a joy to talk to and eased my mind about planning a wedding from 900 miles away. I am from Chicago area and planned our wedding in Hilton Head, SC! She did a tremendous job on all the flowers and worked hard to fit what I wanted into my budget! She also helped me make my decision on a photographer as well! Everyone at the wedding commented on the beauty of her work!

Sent on 07/03/2011

Dayna · Married on 05/21/2011

Barbie was absolutely amazing in helping me with my wedding. Not only were the flowers absolutely gorgeous... she helped me in any way she could with my wedding plans (including giving me directions to my hairstylist!) She was thorough and followed up with me making sure that she had everything that I wanted. I am so lucky and so grateful to have had Barbie as my florist!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Barbie · Married on 05/02/2011

Barbie Turner, owner of Mostly Weddings by Willow and Wildfolwers was the florist for our desination wedding on Hilton Head Island, SC. As any bride knows it is hard to plan a wedding and choose vendors when you live out of state. Our wedding day was absolutly perfect!! We never met Barbie until our wedding morning, we planned everything long distance via phone, and computer. I emailed her photograhs of different bouquets and we would talk out ideas together over the phone. Our flowers were picture perfect and gorgeous! The night before our wedding I decided that "I needed" to be married on the beach with an arbor! This was My last minute thought the night before and Barbie did not hesitate! She put together the most beautiful wedding alter for us. Our Beach wedding was our dream and Thank You Barbie for all that you did to help us see our Hilton Head Wedding come true!.......

Sent on 06/17/2011

Crystal · Married on 04/02/2011

Barbie was absolutely amazing. I was not worried at all about my flowers. I new they would look great. When I saw them I couldn't believe it. They looked better than I ever imagined. The flowers were crisp and fresh. She was on time and just did an amazing job overall. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks Barbie again ;)

Sent on 12/13/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

You are so welcome!!! Your wedding was absolutely amazing and I'm just so thrilled to have been a part of it!

Veronica · Married on 05/29/2010

I can not say enough on how wonderful Barbie is. We were on a tight budget and were planning in making our centerpieces out of fake flowers. Barbie suggested she could do them out of real flowers for us cheaper than we could do fake ones and boy was she right! Not only did she give us an awesome price, her arrangements were so beautiful! She did our centerpieces, my bouquet, corsages and even had real flowers on our cake! I could not have asked for a sweeter person to work with or higher quality flowers! Anyone who uses her will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding!!! You and Ray are such wonderful people and you had an absolutely gorgeous wedding!!! (that cake topper still blows my mind!!!)
  • W

Whittney · Married on 05/01/2010

Barbie was such a great florist for my wedding. She executed my vision for the day with such perfection and class. She delivered my bouquets on time, as well as set up the church and reception. She was always nearby at the church and reception and had extra flowers (which we never needed to use). She was very creative and flexible, as we used our flowers in the church windows and later she moved them to the reception tables. Additionally, all the flowers were extremely fresh and full of life.
    It was such a blessing to find Barbie and I would recommend her without any hesitation.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Amber · Married on 05/30/2009

With very little time, Barbie made my wedding the beautiful event I knew it could be! The flowers were absolutely stunning and exactly how I envisioned them. She is wonderful to work with and made my wedding day alot less stressful.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Coastal Custom Floral/CCF Designs's reply:

Thank you Amber! I absolutely LOVED your wedding. Yours was the quintessential southern wedding - the kind that we all wanted as little girls! I was so proud to be a part of it!