CMT Event Planning Reviews

75 | Virginia Beach, VA

75 Reviews for CMT Event Planning

Brittany · Married on 04/11/2015

Malissa was amazing! She recommended our vendors, wrote up all contracts, sent out invitations, kept track of RSVPs, went around to various venues with me when I couldn't decide and put together an incredible wedding. I was stress free the entire planning process and it was all due to Malissa. On our big day, the layout was incredible. She put together a beautiful candy bar, decorated our tables, the isle, etc. She kept us on track throughout the whole wedding, made sure we had all our items when we left, packed our car with gifts/food/miscellaneous items. She even steamed my dress! She is an amazing wedding planner and I would highly recommend her. If you want to have a stress fee, fun and incredible wedding she is your lady!

Ashley · Married on 11/30/2014

Malissa and her team were beyond wonderful. They made my day go so smoothly, it was such a help having them there. I felt so at ease knowing that Malissa had heard all of wants and made them happen. I could not have done this without her. If you're looking for some one who is reliable, honest, hard working, easy to get along with, and an all around great person, choose Malissa. If I haven't made it clear, she's amazing and I really could not have done this without her.

Kelsey · Married on 11/15/2014

OMG! Malissa is the most amazing wedding planner. I honestly do not know what we would have done without her. She is so prompt and organized and always had everything under control. I really had no idea how much a wedding really entailed but Malissa made me feel so at ease. She kept in touch weekly in the months leading up to our wedding and then daily the couple weeks before. She would send me checklists to make sure I was on track with everything and see if I needed anything. With this being the first wedding in my family of three girls, we had no idea who to talk to as far as photographers, caterers, florists, etc. Malissa recommended everyone to us and we were SO impressed. I can't begin to tell how smoothly the whole wedding went and it's all because of Malissa and her fabulous team. They all went above and beyond to make sure our night was flawless. Thank you CMT Event Planning!!!!! :)

Nancy · Married on 11/15/2014

When I think of Malissa Murphy and CMT Event planning, one word comes to mind, "AWESOME!!!" Our daughter got married last weekend and we cannot tell you how phenomenal Malissa and her crew were. Since this was our first of 5 to get married, we thought we could plan the wedding by ourselves. Someone recommended Malissa and our daughter really wanted her to help us. Thank God we did! I can't tell you how many times I called her with questions and concerns only to find out that she had already taken care of it. The day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly. Malissa and her team were there when we arrived and were there when we left. She handled every situation calmly and professionally. She covered every detail and we didn't have to worry about a thing or lift a finger to get something done; she handled it all!!! We don't know what we would have done without her. We still have 2 daughters left to be married and have already told her that we want to her to plan their weddings too. As it turned out, there was a lot more to planning a wedding than we anticipated. Thank goodness for Malissa!!!

• O

Omesha · Married on 09/06/2014

Malissa, is the BEST around the Norfolk/Va Beach area! She will definitely make it happen for you. I love Malissa and I will surely recommend Malissa to anyone who is looking for an event planner. Outstanding job Malissa to you and your team. You all made me feel so comfortable. my day was AMAZING! I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!

Malissa from CMT was amazing. We actually hired her 30 days prior to our wedding after we became frustrated with the planner we had been working with for 7 months. Working with Malissa was a 180 experience when compared to our previous planner. Malissa was well organized, extremely efficient, and a true pleasure to work with. Malissa turned around months of frustration in a matter of days. Malissa worked well with the vendors we had already signed contracts with, and the vendors she referred us to for remaining needs all exceeded expectations in terms of quality, professionalism, and value. Our only regret is that we had not been working with Malissa from day one of our wedding planning!

Nicole · Married on 06/28/2014

Malissa and Lauren, as well as the rest of the CMT crew, proved an invaluable asset to our wedding last weekend. When I initially contacted Malissa three months ago, I was skeptical that we even needed a wedding coordinator. After discussing the fact that I already had all my vendors under contract and that I was primarily interested in making my DIY wedding a tailored event, Malissa stepped in and guided us all the way to the alter. Her suggestions and attention to detail pulled everything together and provided us the wedding a girl can only dream of. Her coordination with our vendors, as well as wedding party guidance and guest assistance made our wedding one to remember. One guest stated "Ive been to 4 $100k weddings this year, but this one was by far the best!" Thank you Malissa and team; You all are consummate professionals and I would recommend you time and again!

• Liz

Liz · Married on 06/07/2014

Malissa was absolutely amazing. My father and stepmother were very involved in my wedding planning process which caused some disagreements with myself and them. Malissa handled the situations very professionally she always made sure I was happy with the outcome and so were my parents. She successfully made what I had envisioned for my wedding come true. I highly recommend this company.

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

Working with CMT made all the difference in our beautiful wedding. Considering that my husband and I live out in California, and wanted our wedding at Virginia Beach, CMT helped make it happen with as little stress on our end. During our engagement, we had met Malissa and her staff a year prior to our wedding, and while we were here in California, the rest of our "meeting's" were via a few phone calls.

Malissa, the head coordinator, was reliable, personable, helpful, honest, prompt, etc. Everything you could ask for in a "perfect" coordinator, she has it! If we had questions/ concerns any time of day, we could always contact her via email or text and within 24-hours or less, she was there to reply. She gave us great referrals for other vendors (DJ, baker, florist, etc.) which also worked out very well for us.

As a client, you can throw any ideas you have and she will mold them somehow all together and make it all work. Of course she can't do it all alone and has great assistants that are right in sync with her which was great!

Everyone at CMT, thank you SO much for making our day PERFECT! We totally could not have done it without you!

Mary Beth · Married on 10/13/2013

We received compliments that our son's wedding was the smoothest, most organized and perfectly orchestrated wedding they had ever seen, and it is true!!
    All of the wedding party and involved family members enjoyed every minute knowing that the details were covered and we didn't have to worry about it :)
    This vendor delivered everything and more with a smile and reassurance that it would all be perfect, and it was!!!
    I would definitely recommend and use this vendor again and again!!

Caley · Married on 10/11/2013

Malissa Murphy is one of the hardest working women I know! She not only made our wedding day perfect, she also made the planning process easy and so much fun! She helped us book some great vendors as well as gave us referrals on where to get jewelry, dresses, shoes, hair done etc. Best wedding planner in Hampton Roads :) She will always have a special place in our hearts ! Thank you for everything Malissa!

Brian · Married on 10/11/2013

Malissa did an amazing job on our wedding, we could not have had a better planner. From helping the bridal party with dress malfunctions to ensuring that our exit was as grandiose as my wife could imagine, she had everything under wraps and was with us every step of the way. Thanks Malissa!!!

Alison · Married on 10/05/2013

I can confidently say that our wedding would not have gone so smoothly without Malissa, the owner of CMT. From day one of meeting with her, we already felt a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders. She was friendly, patient, organized, reliable, and beyond helpful. From etiquette advice, to organizing information with our vendors, to even having my car packed with everything from the wedding we were taking home, she and her assistant were amazing. Our families and wedding party loved her as well. They blended right in and made the day and night stress free. I could go on and on about how grateful and appreciative we are to have had such an amazing coordinator make our wedding perfect and unforgettable, but there is a 2000 character limit in this review. We were on such a tight budget and didn't know if we could splurge, but my all means we made the right choice! She is reasonable with her pricing for what her packages include. We made some cuts to save money in our budget so we could have her help us. If you are on a tight budget, I highly recommend doing what we did; you won't regret it. Our wedding day went at a nice pace, we weren't rushed and we had absolutely nothing to stress or worry about thanks to CMT.

Ali · Married on 10/04/2013

CMT event planning made my wedding planning completely enjoyable. She was extremely organized and gave me exactly what I asked for. My wedding was so much fun and stress free because of her!!

Carrie · Married on 09/21/2013

Malissa and her team were on the ball and professional from start to finish, keeping a long-distance bride organized and working diligently to keep vendors in line and on time. On the day of the event, Malissa and Cayley were perfect, dotting every I and crossing every T to make our wedding flawless. Interactions were straightforward and delightful, communications were clear and plentiful and thanks to her, I had every confidence that the events would be tremendous and smoothly executed. WORTH EVERY PENNY and with grand personalities to boot. Make your life easier, brides -- invest in CMT!

Pat · Married on 09/21/2013

My experience with Malissa was in all things positive. She responded to every email or phone call in a timely manner; she provided value by passing along discounts from vendors to me. Her contacts with vendors provided me with quality service in food, equipment rentals, music, lighting. She responded very well to last minute unexpected glitches (our cake fell apart!) and she figured it out with an hour to go!!!! Thank you Malissa for a job well done- use me as a reference anytime!

Erin · Married on 09/14/2013

My family just loved Malissa. She was so helpful on our wedding day and even well before it! We met 3 or 4 times over the 9 months and she went over everything we needed. She came up with ideas that both saved us money and piece of mind. On our wedding day we were able to enjoy every second of it because of her & her team. Would recommend her to anyone.

Charlene · Married on 07/06/2013

Malissa is the perfect event coordinator! She worked hard to make our wedding so beautiful and stress-free. We were able to enjoy every second of it because of her & her team. Malissa is extremely professional and dedicated to her couples. She gives her honest opinion and helps organize the numerous ideas you may have for your ideal wedding. We were so lucky to have her helping us along the way.

Reginald · Married on 07/06/2013

Executed our vision flawlessly!

kevin · Married on 06/08/2013

Malissa was a pleasure to work with! She handled all our details exceptionally well and there were plenty of details! I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anyone and I have been known to be very " picky "

Sharon · Married on 06/07/2013

OMG What can I say about Malissa..... I can't say enough GREAT things about her. I am the mother of the bride and I don't know what I would have done without her. When we met with her for the initial consultation I had other wedding planners to meet but after meeting her we instantly signed on with her. WOW were we ever right about her. We had a year to plan the wedding and Malissa was with us the entire time when we needed her. She became not only our planner but adviser, counselor, and most importantly a FRIEND... I have adopted her into our family.... We LOVE her..... :-)

CMT event planning (Malissa and Caley) were fabulous! We couldn't have done it all without them. They helped us get organized with all of the details for rehearsal and wedding day, they had lists, timelines, they followed through with vendors - they were wonderful! My mother and I felt so much more secure having them there to guide us, lead us, and keep it all running smoothly. Thank goodness for CMT! Regan

Patsy · Married on 05/04/2013

I am so glad we found CMT Event Planning. They were on top of everything and we didn't have to worry about a thing. As the mother of the bride, I was able to relax and enjoy the wedding and the reception knowing that every detail was handled.

Jessica · Married on 01/13/2013

Made my day a dream!! She has a keen eye for how things will look their best and totally took the worry out of our wedding! She handled two flower girls and a ring bearer (under the age of five) fantastic!!! I still can't believe how great the kiddos did. Even saved the day with the difficulties with a tv and streamed photo slide show! Having Malissa for the day of (she helped much more than just day of btw!) allowed me to RELAX and ENJOY! Thanks again!!!!! <3

Jill · Married on 12/15/2012

Malissa and everyone else at CMT Event Planning was amazing. Malissa set me up with excellent vendors, helped me pick out and made our beautiful invitations, and did so much more. Having her plan/coordinate my wedding day made it absolutely perfect- everything went off without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about anything, she made sure things happened on time and everyone was where they were supposed to be. Knowing I didn't have to worry about anything or any of the vendors made my wedding day so much less stressful and I got to enjoy and take in every moment.

Thanks to CMT for helping me plan my dream wedding!