Club Venetian Banquet Center Reviews

56 | Madison Heights, MI

56 Reviews for Club Venetian Banquet Center

3.5

Club Venetian was great to work with. We had many last minute adjustments and the staff at Club Venetian was able to adjust to them with no problem. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Detroit area.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2008

We worked with Linda at Club V and she was great. We had some family members that were not able to come into town at the last mintue and they worked with us on the contract and price. The food was great, the staff was so nice and they made sure things were set up well in advance and even set out my centerpieces and favors. I didn't need to worry about a thing as it was all taken care of. They worked with all of our vendors on set up times etc so we didn't need to worry. I would recommend this place to anyone - the hall is great, the food and the staff.

Sent on 06/24/2008

4.2
      3.5

Office manager Linda is very warm and professional. She is easy to work with and very acccomodating. We love her. The wedding banquet went smoothly, everything was good. My cake company forget to deliver the extra quarter sheet, we did not realize until cake cutting time. Liz, our event coordinator managed to cut the cake enough for everyone. She is very helpful. The facility is beautiful, roomy and comfortable, all staff were friendly and attentive. My guests were very happy.

Sent on 07/20/2016
  • Aykia

Aykia · Married on 07/06/2012

4.2
      3.5

Linda is the best!!!!!!!!!!? We had our Ceremony and Wedding and it was more than I could ask for. Everyone was so nice and kind. I was running late and they worked with me. I didnt like the food much, but the pizza station was very delicious. Overall, Im very happy with Club Venetian and I would definitely recommend it!!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2013

3.6
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

Overall my event was great. I did have to jump through several hoops though at the beginning, and thought that could have been better. There were also lots of date changes of meetings with me, and I didn't like that. But the day of the event everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/15/2013

2.0
      0.0

Some friends were married this past weekend (8/16/14) in a ceremony held at Misty Farms in Ann Arbor, and had Club Venetian provide the food. Though there was a fair amount of travel involved, the chicken, potatoes, and beef were moist, flavorful, hot, and enjoyable. The pasta also was very delicious. However, the food is the only thing I can praise about Club Venetian. I'm giving them 5 stars based on their willingness to travel a large distance.

The staff that was on site was a total joke. Their appearance on a whole was disheveled and they didn’t seem to care at all about reputation. We could clearly see that several of the staff were under the influence (to the point that you could even smell it), they were smoking in the middle of the party, and using vulgar language in a family setting. The waitstaff also had a very lackadaisical approach to refilling the food, as several of us had to wait for extended times because they seemingly forgot what they were doing, or just didn’t care. While there were some staff actually working, it was annoying to me as a guest that I would have to wait for food while two of the staff were canoodling outside of the barn. It seemed very disrespectful and unprofessional, especially as it would appear that the gentleman might’ve been the manager (I make this assumption based on him watching the staff and yelling at them). While the food left a great taste in my mouth, the staff’s terrible customer service overpowered that sensation. I would recommend the food, and could even see myself hiring them for that in the future, but I would never hire their staff.

Sent on 08/20/2014