Cloud Nine Catering Reviews

Cloud Nine Catering 2
Cloud Nine Catering 3
  • nnejy13601

Jenn · Married on 08/26/2017

Cloud Nine Catering did our food for our wedding at The Lace Factory. They gave us SO MANY options to choose from, and we were able to create a perfect menu for our big day. They accommodated food allergies within our group and a few picky eaters, and were so polite and helpful throughout the entire planning process. They also took care of our cake which was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Our guests have not stopped raving about our food and the cake since our wedding which was over a month ago! I would highly recommend them to cater your event, and those that are at The Lace Factory are SO LUCKY to have them as the exclusive caterer. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/29/2017
    Cloud Nine Catering 4
    Cloud Nine Catering 5
    Cloud Nine Catering 6

bride's · Married on 07/08/2017

Cloud 9 catered my daughter’s backyard wedding. The party worked out perfectly, in large part due to the fantastic job this company did. The Cloud Nine people had many good ideas for us, and their suggestions were invaluable. They ordered and organized all necessary items: tables, chairs, linens, dishes, etc. The food was delicious, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. There was a huge crew of chefs, servers, and staff. They all had smiles on their faces, worked diligently throughout the evening, and were completely accommodating. Cloud Nine's wedding planner Tiffany, who helped us out on Friday and Saturday, was wonderful. She was so helpful and kind and encouraging, and handled everything with skill. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made. Everything happened on time and with expertise. The few minor curve balls were handled quickly and apparently effortlessly. We were thrilled with Cloud Nine’s work, and recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2016

After signing with Cloud Nine Catering, their dedication to customer service and making our night unforgettable was very clear. They were professional, timely, confident, and the food was fantastic! We had special requests in that we had a pizza food truck for our entree, but Cloud Nine still worked with us to make it all work and make everything run smoothly. Their on-site manager was amazing and incredibly kind and superbly efficient. We enjoyed working with them and loved the end result.

Sent on 07/22/2016

Alison · Married on 08/28/2015

Cloud 9 catered our wedding at the Eolia Mansion for 150 guests, and they showed nothing but confidence and expertise handling all of our detailed requests. We customized our seating plans, menu and bar selections, linens, and desserts, and they decorated the signature pistachio flavored wedding cake exactly as I had asked- which was the best cake I've ever had. The day-of coordination of the big-day was an added bonus since we did not have a planner. I could not have pulled off such a big wedding without them!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

I loved working with Andrea and Cloud Nine Catering. They have a very down to earth feel and their personalities very well meshed with mine and my husband's.

Above all, the food was delicious and we got a lot of good feedback about it at the wedding. Everyone said something along the lines of... "You know wedding food is just wedding food but the food here is great!"

This company is so accommodating to the bride and groom. Went above my expectations.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Liz · Married on 05/23/2014

A bride's dream come true!

Leading up to the wedding, I was constantly emailing back and forth with Andrea and Courtney and a month before the wedding, my event coordinator, Kim, called me to introduce herself. In the month leading up to the wedding, Andrea, Courtney, and Kim were so responsive and calming.

On the day of the wedding, Courtney would make the long walk from the mansion at Harkness Memorial State Park to the beach with a tray of food and beverages for me, my husband, and my bridal parties. She doted on us to the point where I both loved it and was weirded out by it (I'm not used to being served in that manner). She insisted that my husband and I not lift a finger, so she got us food from the buffet and drinks from the bar. Hell, at one point she even offered to help me use the bathroom as my dress was so big! Now, that's dedication! Also, when she came out to bring us food and drinks while we were taking pictures and found us having problem bustling up my dress, she went to feed and water the rest of the bridal party then joined my mom, maid of honor, best woman, and photographer to figure out what the seamstress did.

My cake was absolutely beautiful! It was exactly what I was hoping for. So much so that Andrea requested that we send her pictures. The tired, ombre, blue Italian buttercream frosting looked perfect with the white chocolate shells that I provided and my lighthouse cake topper. Oh, I couldn't have been happier.

As for the food, my guests were complimenting us all night and, according to my mom, all weekend! A week later, I'm still getting compliments on how good the food was and how amazing the service was.

I totally recommend using Cloud Nine Catering especially if you're going to have your reception at Eolia, the mansion at Harkness Memorial Park.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

Cloud Nine Catering catered my wedding at the Ellie Mitchell Pavilion at Rocky Neck State Park, and I could not be happier with the entire experience. The food was amazing. Everything was fresh, perfectly prepared, and delicious. I honestly can't pick one aspect of our menu that trumped the others, it was all so delightful. The appetizers were great, the main course (we did a buffet) was amazing, and the desserts (we had an assortment) were splendid. Plus, everyone that worked on our reception was great. Erin's clear communication made planning everything a breeze, and Desiree's oversight ensured that everything went smoothly during the event. Knowing I was in such good hands took a huge amount of stress off of me during that day! I am so glad we chose Cloud Nine and recommend them 100%.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Clara · Married on 07/07/2012

Working with Erin and the whole team at Cloud Nine was such a pleasure. We had our wedding at the Lace Factory in Deep River, CT, and Cloud Nine orchestrated the whole thing. Erin was so warm, friendly, funny, talented, responsible and hard-working. The food was excellent -- creative flavors, fresh ingredients, so many choices and each one more delicious than the last. They made us amazing pies, in tons of different flavors, instead of cake, and easily accommodated our need for lots of gluten-free items. We got so many compliments on the food, and it was a big part of why our wedding was so special. Furthermore, the great people at Cloud Nine held our hands through the whole process of wedding planning, and were invaluable in offering guidance, advice, reassurance and help in making all the big decisions we had to make. The day of the wedding, they worked so hard to take all the random decorations we had pulled together and arrange them so artfully so that the tables looked spectacular -- way beyond my expectations. The Lace Factory looked so beautiful, absolutely stunning, and we couldn't have picked a better venue, or better people to work with.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Eileen · Married on 06/09/2012

Cloud Nine did an amazing job for my June 2012 wedding. When we first met with Andrea a year prior we knew we wanted to work with her. She is creative and we quickly came up with an awesome unique menu for our summer tent wedding. From the initial planning stages to the day of the Cloud Nine team was awesome. Erin was so helpful prior to the event and Andrea and he staff delivered above and beyond the day off. The cocktail hour and hor dourves were a huge hit, especially the raw bar! The oysterms, clams and shrimp were so fresh and the presentation out of a wooden boat was fantastic!

We chose stations for our wedding and had a carving station with tenderloin and curry crusted salmon (salmon was my favorite!), a cook to order pasta bar with veggies and meat as well as a cajun station that had jambalaya and cheese grits. The reviews were outstanding and we had so many guests complimenting the food and presenation. No one left our wedding hungry! The wedding cake besides being absolutely gorgeous was delicious! We had two flavors, pistacio and lemon and they were both to die for!

Cloud Nine Catering is a top notch professional caterer who delivered above and beyond in all aspects. We couldnt have picked a better team to work with!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Tori · Married on 09/04/2010

Cloud Nine Catering is fantastic. Owner Andrea Isaacs is such a warm, wonderful person. She is incredibly creative, and great at brainstorming menu options based on your ideas. Even at our initial wedding planning meeting, Andrea spent so much time and care talking with us about our ideas, and crafted the perfect menu. Their food is delicious and presented in a beautiful fresh style. And of course, I echo all the other reviews on their tasty wedding cake! (try the pistachio) I strongly suggest working with Cloud Nine -- you won't be sorry!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Caitlyn · Married on 08/08/2010

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Cloud Nine Catering. Eliza and Courtney were excellent to work with throughout the planning process. I seriously changed my mind about things a million times and they were super patient always. They helped me create a seasonal menu, source a gelato bar from a local gelato company, and really saved the day last minute with setting up some extra decor. Sandy my catering manager for the day is an amazing woman and I really owe my perfect day to her and her staff for setting everything up so beautifully. All the food was delicious too!

Sent on 08/19/2010

morgan · Married on 07/11/2009

Our location had a list of preferred caterers we could choose from. We were so happy that Cloud Nine was on this list, since we had attended a wedding they had catered prior and were impressed! They were very accommodating & flexible with us and, not to mention, friendly! The food was absolutely delicious (highly recommend the salmon) and it was all fresh and served in a timely manner. I can't tell you how many weddings I've been to where the food takes up half the evening. They were extremely efficient and still delivered a very high quality product. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Lauralyn · Married on 06/06/2009

We did a lot of research to find the best vendors for our backyard wedding. We met with many different caterers, but Cloud Nine outshone them all! We could not find another caterer that could match the quality of food to the price. They have been so accommodating to all of my questions, concerns and requests throughout the past year. To top it off, they provided the cake, the bar service and handled all of the many rentals necessary. If you still have your doubts...many people came up to me saying that we had the best wedding cake they had ever tasted!

Sent on 06/20/2009

Bethany · Married on 07/18/2008

Great food! Were flexible enough to provide us with plated vegetarian entrees (we had a buffet service) but brought these plates out before tables were called up to get food so our vegetarians felt funny eating by themselves and their food got cold. Plus we heard that the stuffed portabello mushroom wasn't that great. But definitely go for the ginger encrusted salmon, it was a hit!

Sent on 09/26/2008

Kelly · Married on 07/03/2008

I can't say enough about Cloud Nine! They were the only catering that I interview that actually fed me. That impressed me right off the bat. During our first meeting, Niki spent over an hour and a half with me discussing all the details for my dream day. They took care of everything from the archway for the ceremony to the food and wedding cake and all the rentals in between. Niki was an absolute delight to work with. My guests are still talking about how good the food was! Everything was just perfect.

Sent on 08/05/2008

teri · Married on 10/27/2012

Andrea & the Cloud Nine team helped us pull off our dream wedding. We met Andrea at The Lace Factory about a year before our wedding and we knew she would be fabulous to work with. The only con, in the months leading up to the wedding the team was tough to get ahold of and there were miscommunications with our menu regarding food allergies (keep reading!). But when it came time for the day-of, everything was perfect - we had several gluten-free options on the menu that worked out beautifully. As a bride with Celiac this meant the world to me. The waitstaff was attentive to all of our guests, the food was incredible (our guests are still talking about it months later), and Andrea was wonderful to work with. You can tell she is passionate about her work, and she's an artist- a rare find in the wedding business. We are so grateful for all of their hard work, and so glad we found this team. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

We were amazed and delighted by food service of this caterer. The planning went great, they were very helpful in putting together our menu. We decided to have a buffet because there was no convenient place to set up and deliver a plated service. We were so glad we did! Our guests kept going back for seconds on all the food. They constantly told us it was the best wedding food they ever had. The menu we chose included braised short ribs, rock cornish game hens and butternut squash ravioli. The servers doled out the food so the guests did not have to touch a thing. We sat at our sweetheart table and were waited on hand and foot. Our plates were brought to us, so we did not get into the buffet line. Our wedding cake was very unusual, we asked them to recreate the look from a photograph. It was absolutely amazing! We chose pumpkin spice chocolate chip, and it was phenomenal. It was delicious and huge. Our coctail hour food was the the harvest table. It was georgous, and had the best smoled salmon, pumpkin bread, kielbasa, cheeses and veggies. The cheeses were really unusual, and very delicious. We were able to take home all of the left overs because there was a refrigerator. They packaged everything for us to take home easily. The servers were wonderfully efficient, bringing the plated salad out to over 50 people in a matter of minutes. They collected the dirty dishes in huge baskets which was quick, efficient, and very elegant. The staff was always smiling, and water glasses were refilled constantly. I can not say enough positive things about this caterer. We are emmmensely pleased and recommend them with all 5 stars!!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/02/2008

The winner with Cloud Nine is their food. While they are a bit pricey (we spent $8000 to feed 90 people, including rentals) the product is well worth it. They use all organic ingredients and prepare it on site so everything is super fresh!

Sent on 08/21/2008

Cloud Nine Catering was amazing from start to finish. The tasting was probably one of our favorite parts of wedding planning. My husband and I didn't want traditional "wedding food"- we wanted something different. Cloud nine provides phenomenal, unique options that our guests are still raving about. I have to say, Andrea runs a very organized, professional, down to earth business and we certainly felt taken care of on our wedding day. We also hired Tiffany as our day of coordinator and when I tell you, this was one of the best decisions we made, I'm serious! Tiffany went ABOVE and BEYOND for us and she helped make our wedding day perfect. I told her my vision and she brought it to life. If you are going back and forth on hiring a coordinator, like I was, do it! It was well worth it and I can't say enough about how hard everyone worked to make us happy. Cloud nine as a whole exceeded our expectations and we are thrilled to have had them as our caterer on our special day.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

We were absolutely delighted with the food, service, and attention to detail at our wedding reception. While we were not sure about the idea of having a buffet instead of plated service, once they suggested it would be much more efficient, we were glad to have made that choice. We have been told by all ofour guests that it was the best wedding food they ever had. We chose the braised game hens, the beef brisket, the butternut squash ravioli, spiced cauliflower and green beans almondine. I am very picky about how food is cooked, and let me just say they did everything to perfection. The green beans were bright green and crisp, not too much butter, just enough for the flavor, and beautifulsliced white almonds. The brisket was to die for, and it disappeared quickly. The hens just fell of their bones n moist flavorful clumps. The ravioli melted in your mout. The only regret was the limit to the size of everyone' s stomache. This after a magnificent display of some of the most eclectic and interesting cheeses and crackers I have ever seen. This harvest table was full of beautiful nova scotia smoked salmon with capers and red onion, seasoned kielbasa, vegetables, pumpkin bread amazing spreads and fruit. Simply astounding! But yet, when the wedding cake, that amazing, two color vanilla and chocolate frosted pumpkin spice chocolate chip cake, was cut, everyone emptied off the dance floor and dove in. The bottom layer alone weighed 10.5 pounds! We know because they neatly packaged up all of the leftovers and put them into the refrigerator at our venue for us to take home. we enjoyed every bite with our out of town guests. It was that good! The service was magnificent. My husband and I did not get up at all during the food service, we were waited on hand and foot. The food was served expertly so the guests needed only to say what they wanted, with a server at station. The bartender was lovely. They picked up the dishes in large baskets, nimbly clearing the tables in minutes.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Jordan · Married on 09/18/2010

Cloud Nine provided the cake for our wedding. Actually- 2 cakes. That's how amazing their cakes were- we couldn't decide on just 1! We tried A LOT of cakes and theirs just... well- took the cake! We had one carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and one marble cake with vanilla pudding and chocolate ganache. The carrot cake had big chunks of raisin and nuts and the cream cheese frosting was fresh and light. Amazing. The pudding cake with the chocolate ganache was amazing. Guests said that they had never had such delicious wedding cakes. I know I hadn't. Until I tried Cloud Nine's cakes- I really thought that wedding cakes were just for decoration. But this cake was as stunning as it was delicious! We worked with Tiffany who was delightful. Their tasting was amazing. Such a great group to work with!

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2012

3.0

My wedding was on 10/7/12 at Eolia Mansion in Harkness State Park. Cloud Nine was on the short list of approved caterers the park allows. We were thrilled with the quality of their food, service, and our guests RAVED about the food, cake, and friendliness of the staff. I had at least 10 of my guests ask me where I "found" them. The only negative thing I have to say was that sometimes they took a while to get back to me on questions and emails. I did my best to remember that with a fall wedding, they were probably pretty busy during the summer and I needed to be patient. However, the closer we got to the event, we buttoned everything up, mainly because Des, our coordinator, was a saint. She did anything and everything to make sure things went smoothly day of. As soon as we met the first time, she was responsive, obviously cared about our happiness and truly did everything she could to make sure everyone was comfortable. Overall I would highly recommend this caterer to anyone interested in using them. Their food was fantastic, service was friendly, and my guests were happy!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Emily · Married on 09/12/2009

4.2
      3.0

At Eolia Mansion you can only choose from 6 differernt caterers these were the best priced so we went with them...

There were a few things I was less than thrilled with but nothing that could ruin the day AND they did our cake which was gorgeous and delicious!!!!! Tiramisu... YUM!

Sent on 12/16/2010

2.4
      2.5
      2.0

LET ME EXPLAIN.... This is the most BEAUTIFUL wedding venue in the world and I absolutely loved having my wedding there. I am still craving the food and I got married a month ago. So please, if you like rustic, earthy, New England beauty, and the best food on earth... have your wedding there!!! Just be forewarned: the owner is VERY difficult to deal with. I read a review before I decided to go with her that said she would nickel and dime me for everything... yup, sure did! She will go back on things she said, she will not return calls, she will change contracts after they are already signed, she's just an awful business person. With that said, if I had to do it all over again, I still would. The price is really okay compared to other shoreline locals and it's such a unique venue. All in all, worth the headache!

Sent on 08/29/2013